Recruiting Drive

Sailor OOC

I think it is time to seriously consider this subject. The forum needs new blood to mix with the old, and I honestly think we can double the number of our most active player base. I think at any one time we have about what, 15 people? It can't be that hard to bring it to 30, and that would improve matters here greatly.

We're in sore need of it, what I'm wondering is does anyone here have any strategies?

I just have posted a recruiting PSA on my Facebook. I know my group of friends and among them are many role-players.

I am not against fresh faces here although I don't really have an issue with our current active membership numbers. To be honest the concept of "Active Recruiting" makes me a little uncomfortable. I am a "friend of a friend" kind of person in that I'm much more open to welcoming a stranger based on the recommendation of someone I know and trust, rather than just welcoming some no one knows with open arms but I know that other people don't have that issue.

• 2 months later...

Also, I think at this point we shouldn't be insular. I think we do need a massive transfusion of new blood. This "dead period" we've been having is pretty disturbing. I'm starting to put a game-plan in place, but it will take a little time to bear fruit. It might mean me running one or two more games here soon, as well.

Note that while it won't be subject matter usually seen on this site, it's going to draw in some new players, and... I'm still going to have them open to everyone here.

It doesn't help that two of the Major ST's for the site (in terms of normal activity, games run and such) Dawn and myself are both dealing with RL smacking us HARD in one way or another.

The games we have are all slow, and indeed we have MANY players who have not been around lately. It's the early summer lull, happens every year.

Archived