Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - 3.3 Combat

Dawn OOC

Hi, folks, for 3.3's combat, can I get some actions and rolls? That way I can post and move us forward.

Here's the current initiative.

Tengri - 25
Nyght - 24
Soldiers - 22
Night Sorrow - 21
Prime - 20
Travis - 20
RR - 17

Noctis will power stunt the following.

Adrenaline Shot Cloud: Sustained Concentration Burst Area Nullify 10

This one moves with the targeted people, and should the roll beat the roll of 1d20+5 (Nyght's rank), then her sleep effect is nullified and it will be suppressed as long as Jeremy maintained it with a free action.

Jeremy M&M *rolls* +10: 7 +10 = 17
Jeremy M&M *rolls* +10hp: 10 + 10(HP) +10 = 30

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is unbeatable.

So Jer is Fatigued and has 0 HP.

And he's going prone as a move action before he uses the cloud.

Tengri will go ahead and attack Nyght using an All-Out/Power attack for a +3 bonus, netting to Active Defenses of +4, Unarmed Attack of +10, and Damage of +13. I didn't like my first roll (it was a one...), so I'm using another Luck point to re-roll.

Dice Roll:

[Centimane] 11:01 pm: how is this "hp" thing done? *goes to look, since that's what he should be doing with his luck re-roll*

[Centimane] 11:01 pm: (stupid, obscure chat commands...)
[Jeremy] 11:01 pm: Cent: If you're rerolling, then it works like this
[Centimane] 11:01 pm: Oh, I see
[Centimane] 11:02 pm: mm + xhp, got it
[Jeremy] 11:02 pm: on a die roll (the dice itself) of 1-10, add 10
Centimane M&M *rolls* +10hp: 7 + 10(HP) +10 = 27
[Moira Morley] 11:02 pm: tada

[Centimane] 11:02 pm: hooray for the dice-rolling script

Result: This means that Nyght will - barring arcane powers rendering her immune to his attack, or otherwise changing up the playing field - need to defend against a DC of 27. Assuming she fails, then she'll need to check against a Damage Effect of 28, and she's also Grabbed and will need to roll to escape against a DC of 20 using the better of STR or Dodge. Assuming all of that works in Tengri's favor (Nyght gets hit and grabbed), he'll use Move-by Action to launch himself up into the air and carry the both of them up to where Travis and the other flying mutant(s?) are.

Please let me know if Nyght rolls well enough to succeed, as I may want to use Luck to force a re-roll.

Current Luck: 3/5

Archived