Mutants & Masterminds: The Alabaster Academy - TAA - House Rules

Sailor OOC

In Game House Rules

NOTE: This thread is for me to post ONLY.

1: Hero Points do not refresh at the start of a new thread. I may order a refresh from time to time, particularly if I see many Hero(ines) at 0 hero points.

2: Hero Points earned carry over between threads.

3: The game defaults to non-lethal, and any lethal force will be and must be announced.

4: Common sense is in play, both in terms of players spotting errors and of characters that should know better. If a player thinks that their character wouldn't do something or should know something, bring it up. If by what your character has for numbers as well as a character having behaved in a way that verifies the player's request, accommodations can be arranged.

5: Ask. Please. If you got questions, ask them. A player or myself can answer it.

6: While I am the GM running things, this is a group game, and meant to be collaborative with some direction. If you got a suggestion as to where I could go next with the game, feel free to let me know in a PM. I look forward to it. This also includes how rules are enforced/ruled, and events in game.

7: I am NOT a killer GM. But I will warn you, excessive stupidity may have your character meet an unfortunate end. Otherwise, the only way I will kill your character is by your permission, otherwise your character will just be very, very badly hurt.

8: Let's have fun. If above all else, this is the operating procedure of the group. If we're not having fun, let me know and we can figure a way to change that. Again, communication is key.

9: I am in chat most days of the week. If you need a roll witnessed, don't worry, if I am there consider it witnessed. If not, I am rather loose, but excessive good luck will be investigated.

10: Don't be afraid if your character falls into a trope. TVTropes is a overrated site, but it can actually provide good hooks to hang a character on if used right.

11: I would love it if people posted at minimum once a week when out of combat. In combat I want people to post within 24 hours of their turn coming up, otherwise they will be moved to last in the initiative order. Miss three rounds and you will be removed from a fight. A character who is inactive for a month will be moved to the background, and allowed to be picked up once the player returns to activity. I understand that people are busy at times, and will allow for such things.

12: It annoys me when there is worry about overlap or infringing on “roles”. Be who you want to be, not what a certain role is supposed to be. There is plenty of room for two (or more) of a type in my games, although I will not obstruct any collaboration between players to develop a troupe with niches filled, as long as people agree to allow at least some overlap.

13: Bad luck happens, but if I see an excessive amount of it, and I am going to be transparent here, I will loosen up or cut back until the streak subsides. Single players having bad luck may earn Hero points for muddling through and the player taking it in stride. Gutting it out will be rewarded.

14: Advancement is as fast as the players can do things. I will follow the 15 PP = +1 PL advice, so when the troupe has earned 30 PP we should be at PL 10.

15: If a player is not actively looking, something that they would spot is a roll I make. If they are actively looking they get to roll. Any meta-game on this will be monitored.

Character Creation

Power Level 8, Standard Points

Skills - 1 Power Point for 3 Skill Ranks

Powers - Any time travel powers are banned.

Mecha built as described in the Gadget Guide: Mecha are allowed, just keep in mind a mecha built as a vehicle I am not beholden to replace if it is destroyed as it's built with equipment points not power points.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived