Scion: Living Legends - [Scion:Living Legends] OOC Thread

Dave ST

Nope.

Horace is the teacher. Seth is the Sheriff. I'll be posting up an NPC thread later to help clarify. I was going to explain the Farrow difference in the next post once you guys were in class since I know it each was mentioned but I didn't elaborate (for a bit of mystery).

Having watched Mean Girls a while ago, and remembering some other Teen/High School movies, I was thinking about names for some of the cliques, specifically for the popular girls/cheerleaders click. Like the Plastics (Mean Girls), The Heathers (Heathers), The Flawless Four (Jawbreaker, had to look that one up!), etc.

Might I propose either The Pinks or The Pink Slips, so named for them often wearing some bit of pink, and their all being named after cars? Mercedes as the head honcho, with possible cronies Porsche (Portia), Corvette, Lexus, Lotus, or any car name. And then the boys could all be Competing/Racing for Pinks or Pink Slips.

What you think?

• 4 weeks later...

At this point After School Special is technically over. You guys can add a closing post or two or even RP amongst your characters for a few, I'd, of course, certainly not dissuade you from it. My point is, the major opening mind fucks are pretty much done and we can get with the part where I try to kill you with legendary beasts and occasional farming equipment.

There are two loose ends that in no way affect the storyline as a whole:

1. Corbin investigating Hangman's Hill.

2. Gabe meeting up with Devenne for coffee.

Now, neither of these matter in the grand scheme of things. If Gabe meets with his friend it can all be off camera and it's assumed to have gone great, they're good friends after all. Whatever happens at Hangman's Hill will factor into the story later, but without the presence of the PCs Corbin is assumed to be successful in whatever endeavor he's attempting.

I'm bringing this up because these things were mentioned and you, as players, have the option to act on information that's presented to you. If one or two or three or all four of you want to investigate (i.e. be nosy) you are allowed to do so.

While I'm on the topic, these small little threads that are 'sub plots' or 'sub quests', while completely optional, don't affect the main storyline (they are great for RP and even some bonus XP). The problem is continuity. I'll move the main story along even while a sub-plot is in progress. I know I make the comparison a lot, but just like a T.V. show, I assume each thread is an 'episode' so you guys carry things over from one to the next and keep each other up to date IC about the various goings on (unless you specifically tell me you don't want to). In a nut shell, if Nadya and Ian take on a roving band of anti semitic, lesbian, dominatrix, nazis in a sub-plot, then I assume Erika and Gabe have at least been briefed with the basics of what occurred. This will save you time from having to explain in 10,000 or less, everything that your character did IC a few nights ago.

I generally will not include things in a sub-plot that are currently being discussed in a plot thread, so you don't have to worry about the famous: "We don't know how it turned out... we're still working on it..." I'm sure this will blow up in my face at some point... but let's have fun with it.

Sub-plots are just something to give us something to write in while other things are chugging along. An opportunity for character development, antics, and practice writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived