Scion: The Long Night - [Long Night] OOC Thread

Hyoseph

Because it's becoming apparent that we need one of these.

At this point, if it was not made clear enough in the post (in which case, I apologize), between the members of the Band (Big B, meaning Heroes) both of Alex's meetings should be known.

The first, with the musicians, is mostly unimportant. They show up, sound checks, all that stuff, nothing terribly out of the ordinary unless someone really wants to put a few threads about silly mortals wanting to get a glimpse of the characters.

The second, with Alex, is with everyone else (though the musicians are invited also, being part of the same Band.). It's where adventures live. The introduction thread is to let characters get introduced and mess around for a bit. Alex is presently acting as the questgiver. He's there, in a not OOC-ly time sensitive manner, with "Stuff to Do" ™

It was obvious to me. It just seemed odd to have a meeting about doing a venue when Swara was already there to play a venue, seemed like a waste of time and posts. After the venue we can just zip right to everyone meeting up with Youko and ol' Jack Frost.

In fact, if someone wants to just skip to that part we can.

Also, to clarify... there no musicians (plural). The is only Swara, an entertainer. She sings on stage, Alaric punches people who try and get on the stage. Long said he wanted his PC to help her with security, so included him as part of the show. There might be a road crew, even guys who play instruments, but they are completely irrelevant to the story. Not even worth mentioning.

There is no band. Prudence is Swara's manager, and if there is a venue to be played it goes through her (and if adventure is involved the PCs are made aware of it). The singing is only a cover and an excuse for the PCs to have a reason to be traveling all over the country. This provides the ST with an angle to place the PCs in any area where they are needed.

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been as available recently for Scion things, just had a pretty dramatic shift in living situation and it's looking like I'll be coming out of it shortly.

At this point, I haven't seen an update from Alaric or Eilessa on the intro thread since bringing Alex fully into the picture. If by Thursday morning I haven't seen anything from them, I will assume that they are primarily manning the stage and keeping a low profile respectively and post the next update.

• 2 weeks later...

So I know Youko's been fairly active in conversation, I imagine Swara and Alaric are still up on the stage doing their thing, what's everyone else doing? Jaden? Eilessa?

At this point I'm pretty sure everyone's waiting on everyone else so my thought is this:

Post in this thread sometime between now and Tuesday evening whether or not you want your character to be involved in the scene / discussion with Disa. At that time I'll know who to wait for between updates and we'll be able to move forward at something resembling a regular pace.

Sorry, I thought my post made it clear that Eilessa was posing as a waitress and hanging out near the gang as they talked to Alex, in case of shenanigans.

I was waiting to see if a fight started before I posted again. So Eilessa is watching and listening to the scene with Disa, but she's not joining in just yet.

Swara is still performing. If there is a fight she will quit singing and head out to where the fight is. So, expect her several ticks behind everyone once they go outside. If security gets involved she'll keep singing unless it turns into a massive brawl.

At this point I am aware that folks are waiting on me.

Some things have come up in RL to take most of my attention for the moment.

I apologize for the delay and will be posting an update as soon as I can.

Thank you for your understanding.

~H

At this point it would seem that momentum has all but stopped for the scene at Tombstone. At this point the plan is to fast-forward to the next scene when the weekend gets here. I advise any time sensitive discussion or actions surrounding the scene in the bar take place between now and then.

As of now, athough a great deal of time has passed out of character, we're still within the first couple minutes of the riot starting. After time lapse, we will be looking at days if not more.

Archived