Board Games via Webcam

Matt

I would like to try playing a board game over webcams. I'm not sure how much fun this would be, but would at least like to give it a shot. Would anyone here be interested in trying it out?

The first games I'd like to try would be Pandemic or Zombicide. Any takers?

There'd be some technical challenges to hurdle but it could be done. I don't have much in the way of free time lately though, so scheduling might be tough.

I'd suggest something with a more finite duration like Pandemic over something much more open ended like Zombicide. (plus pandemic is by far the superior game of those two IMO)

Pandemic is probably my favorite game. It is awesome.

But there is something I find really enjoyable about Zombicide, especially when playing multiple games. I enjoy working on the strategy of the game so that when you lose on a mission you can tweak what you are doing and try to do better.

I think I have some good ideas for how to play the games online, but it doesn't appear that there is any interest here.

I'd be willing, I just wanted to be frank about the technical challenges.

I assume that all the parts/board/cards, etc would be at one end of the camera, and as such that would mean that really only one person would need a web cam, the rest could get by with only a mic. to be able to call their plays.

Archived