Mutants & Masterminds: Heroes United - [Heroes United] Combat thread

Justin OOC

She was Dazed, but you can charge as a standard action, which you get one of when you are dazed.

As for protection, MO appreciates it, but she's got Impervious Toughness 12 so is probably more shockproof than the majority of the cast and is used to putting herself in between something dangerous and something fragile.

As for the two rolls, I went over it with Long last night.

No worries :) Just trying to keep up is all.

Also, you and I might know that she's impervious (which I realized after some reading yesterday is nowhere near as good as it was in 2e) but Scout sure doesn't know that. He saw her get blasted, and he thinks she might have been hurt. Therefore, he's running to go help :)

EDIT: Looks like slither, fulcrum, and the monsters all get another shot before I do.

2 questions:

1. What is the current order of initiative with all our new additions and everything

2. How many turns would it take to create a cage around the beast, when he can only create walls that are 10 yards square (and 1' thick, hopefully that'll keep it contained...)?

2a. With extra effort, could make 21 square yards of 6" thick material... would 2 rounds be enough to completely encase it?

Basically I'm thinking about putting this thing in a box/cage, and then the flyers/super-strengthed ones can lift it and carry it away... especially if it's drugged to incoherence.

Shouldn't be necessary, Jael just took it out. There were only two big guys, one Fulcrum tossed in the drink and the other Jael gave it a Lovcraftian lobotomy.

All that are left are basalt foot soldiers to my understanding.

When a person enters an already ensuing melee they roll initiative and then they just go when their normal spot is on the roster. When Justin told me it was my turn I went and added my initiative to the entry post. I rolled a 10.

That means I go when the 10s are up...

Also, Justin, with the two big guys out of the way, you said the 'Salties' were really nothing to handle. Do want us to just do clean up posts, since the entirety of the Super Friends would make it pretty easy or would you prefer we continue the combat?

Shouldn't be necessary, Jael just took it out. There were only two big guys, one Fulcrum tossed in the drink and the other Jael gave it a Lovcraftian lobotomy.

Technically, she ripped out its throat but you just had to use that alliteration, didn't you? :D

,, ,, ,,

Also, Justin, with the two big guys out of the way, you said the 'Salties' were really nothing to handle. Do want us to just do clean up posts, since the entirety of the Super Friends would make it pretty easy or would you prefer we continue the combat?

Not that I'm Justin or my opinion matters at all, but if Justin is open to ideas, I'd love to go after the one that Fulcrum tossed away. A fight in the water sounds like fun, and if we crack it open just right, maybe we can make an island! :D

No. A mass created suddenly with the potential amount of lava that would spew from it could create a localized tsunami that'll flood Lower Manhattan. If we're gonna do anything with these, we space them. Thing is anything that could be researched will probably be lost as they are rock creatures without a discernible biological structure.

That and we are forgetting the important thing, closing the emergence holes.

I realize you're just trying to help, but 1) I suspect that you overestimate how much lava these things have in them. Given the depth of the water there and that fact that if the things had that much lava in them, we'd be dealing with it drowning Manhattan just from the first one that Jael throated. 2) Please don't dictate terms to the party OOC. Statements like "If we're gonna do anything with these, we space them." is absolutely telling the players how they have to play their PCs. Spacing is the furtherest thing from Jael's mind because she doesn't think that way. So telling me OOC that space is our only option is just not true. Jael will have another idea. 3) I was joking about the island, mostly because I've always wanted to do it in a game. See #1 for reasons why an island is impractical.

I also assumed that the first hole is closed. A water tower's worth of water rushed down into a hole with lava at the bottom. I'm pretty sure that means that the first hole has been sealed by solidified lava. As for closing the other, we have a dude with unlimited, permanent Create and all the time in the world now that the creatures are dealt with (if we're saying that dumping the second in the river is "dealt with" which to Jael is not true. It's still out there and needs to be dealt with). So sealing the holes is not something to worry about. At all.

Unless you know something I don't, such as something Justin's said in chat when I wasn't in there.

I had forgotten my init roll, I just remembered that I was close to the front. I went back and checked, it's a 15, so I'm still after Jael.

Also, I hadn't read the game post before I posted my question... so It's not as important now. He'll still create 'containment' now, but the amount of time it takes is less of an issue... unless the remaining basalt baddies come after the Paladin or start messing someone up.

The hole is not closed, none of them all. There were more than 2. I'm fine with handling the basalt soldiers quickly without rolls, with everyone on them they won't last long at all.

Dark, there's nothing you can see other than the soldiers to send into orbit.

If you guys want, you can follow up with the other one that got thrown 4 miles away.

Okay, I think we've still got a few characters and what remains of the creatures before I have to go.

I'm going on vacation to Florida. I leave tomorrow morning. I'll have my tablet with me. I'll try to check in every once in a while, but I can't make any promises as to my availability. If there's any combat posts that need to be made, Justin, feel free to do some shield slinging for me.

Also, the holidays are coming up. I might be spotty in the space between xmas and new years. If you really need me, drop me a PM to my quotemyname account and I'll try and answer as soon as possible.

See you soon!

Archived