[Numenera] The Nightmare Switch

jameson (ST)

"Ah, so you did! My thanks." With a bit of a spring in her step, Alice bounded through the open hole. She looked around, whistling lowly. 

She examined the ceramic tiles beneath her feet, then the banks of computers, then the rotating turbines and hemisphere. "Well, I suppose the next question is: what next?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiche shrugs as she accompanies Arisi into the dome behind Alice.

"Look around, I guess. See if we can find something labeled 'bad dream factory.'" She smiles. "You never know."

She starts to poke around, looking for ways out of the plant room.

"Hey, did you two find out what happened outside?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Margr attack," Arisi murmured quietly, her eyes wide as she tried to take in everything inside the dome. "Which means we're probably into to two problems now: rescuing the priests if they're still alive and figuring out if this place is the source of the nightmares. And if we can turn it off...or maybe on? Perhaps this place was suppressing the nightmares somehow?"

The last was said mostly to herself as her mind tumbled over the possibilities. She'd always had such odd twists of thought; her mother had told her once it was why she made people uneasy. They usually didn't want to think about how the world could actually be even stranger than it seemed. 

"Maybe!" Raiche agrees cheerfully. Figuring that stuff out wasn't her department, and she was totally okay with that. "Whatever it is, lets get that done first. I haven't slept in two nights now, and I'd really like to before we go fight 'margrs' whatever they are."

Despite her words, she seemed as annoyingly chipper as ever, sleep or no sleep.

"So you're the smart one, Arisi. Which way should we go first? Or...Alice, any ideas? If it's up to me I'll just close my eyes and point at random."

Archived