[Numenera] Table Talk From the 9th World

jameson (ST)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two months at this goddamn door. FFS can we please move on.

That really wasn't called for. I'm doing the best I can with the posts I'm given and the free time I have allotted to me. I don't play anything else around here anymore, the last game I was playing in hasn't seen a post since fall. I don't come here daily as a result and I can only react so fast; generally I pop in mid-week (like today) and on the weekend, once, maybe twice. Given the pace of posting to this game (you haven't seen fit to post in two weeks I'll note, during which I have made 3 updates), I'm hardly the only one to blame.

Seconded! :) Sorry I've been a bit thin about, I'll try to be around more often. Just got the Dr's official 'you're pregnant' (already been having symptoms for a week!), so I'll be a bit scattered getting baby stuff sorted out, but I love this game and I want to see it continue!

Congrats as well.

Retrieving Korch is a difficulty 2 task, but going in to get him means making a new save vs the poison leaves (and failure will increase that difficulty from 2 to 5). Aid from another counts as an asset (reduces difficulty by 1), unless they are affected by the poison.

savvy?

Numenera is roll minimalistic, so when one player is aiding another it just counts as an asset and one player rolls (applying any effort or training they have plus the asset). Since Max's roll was enough to succeed the two of you are successful in getting Korch out. (obviously getting him out wasn't all that difficult unless you had failed against the poisons). I'll let you two decide how to narrate the rescue.

I'll update next once you decide to proceed, and more importantly how ...

• 2 weeks later...

Aiming at Wednesday for another update. You guys have till then to tell me what else (besides tossing rocks) you want to do.

On a related note, it seems that we've lost Damon. Damon if you are still around you've got till the weekend to post.

Related to that, does anybody want me to offer up a couple of slots to new players?

I will try my utmost to get a post in before then. I've been a bit braindead with morning sickness. :sick: As for new players....I'd be okay with it if it's a discussion between all of us and approval before the invite gets sent out. I've like the small/intimate feel of the game, even if the posting has slowed down, and I'd rather not lose that. That's my $.02.

Sure, go for it.

As for the tossing rocks, I just figured I'd have Raiche test to see if she can find any traps. I can have her do other stuff, like probing with her spear and so on, but I figured it'd all come down to 'why I get to make a roll.'

So...like, a perception check maybe?

Sure, go for it.

As for the tossing rocks, I just figured I'd have Raiche test to see if she can find any traps. I can have her do other stuff, like probing with her spear and so on, but I figured it'd all come down to 'why I get to make a roll.'

So...like, a perception check maybe?

Describe what you want to do in your post, be as detailed as you want in the attempt. Let me worry about if its a roll of not. :)

,, ,,

Arisi has an idea, I will post soon!

You got till tomorrow before an update, though I'm sure you'll be able to work it in after if it comes to it

Totally okay with new players.

Kind of don't have ideas beyond "toss rocks," though. I've been remiss in tracking XP, but: can I spend one, to have some manner of inspiration, if we're stuck?

I think you all have 2 each.

2 exp would let you gain a skill or ability for a short or medium term bonus. Basically think about it as limit in M&M. Maybe in this case you have an idea that in the past your character encountered similar numenera based security systems. You could spend 2 exp to gain that narrow skill.

Alternately 2 exp would allow you to cobble a cypher together that would meet a particular need from components you have on hand. E.g. if you needed to get past a wall you could cobble a phase shifter together to allow you to pass through the wall for 2 exp.

I'm doing a recount of exp, right now it looks like

Alice 4

Smax 4

Arisi 3

Korsh 3

but I need to find out who Max gave a point to so there is a point that is floating around, please standby

Update: Max gave the Exp to Alice, I also gave 1 exp to Arisi early on and she gave one to Korch so they are now at 3 each

Please update your totals in the exp thread and keep them current from here out. Thanks

Sorry I've been awol again, mostly braindead and tired from baby. Also, from my count Arisi should have 4 XP: 1 from GM bonus for the numenera description early on, one from Korch, one from GM intervention on the nightmares, and one now from GM intervention with the pain plants. Is that correct?

Hoops...for some reason I thought Arisi was already through the danger zone...

Nope, but moving to Alice has her entering it, which sets off another burst.

I need another Intellect defense roll from you Max, and one from Arisi as well Mala. Same level (4, TN 12). Remember that you can spend effort to reduce the level/difficulty, and if you have training in mental/intellect defense that will also reduce the level.

Archived