[Numenera] Table Talk From the 9th World

jameson (ST)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
,, ,, ...what happens if you run out of Intellect?

If any trait hits zero you move one step down the damage track to Impaired. Impaired characters:

• pay one extra for each level of effort (4, 3, 2, 2, 2 ...)
  • ignore minor and major effects on rolls of 19 and 20, and only ever gain a +1 damage on attacks of 17+

If two pools hit zero you are in bad shape, you are now Debilitated. Debilitated characters:

• are unable to take any actions apart from crawling slowly an immediate distance (~10 ft).
    • if speed pool is zero they are unable to even move as much as above, and are essentially unable to do anything

When all 3 pools reach zero you are Dead. Dead characters:

• Don't do much other than smell and decompose. ;)

There are some attacks that may force a trip down the damage track even when your pools are all above zero, such dead attacks are something to truly fear.

Max - Both Korch and Arisi were sleeping on the deck.

Sorry I haven't been around much, guys. I've been detoxing from a medication and dealing with seasonal depression. I don't think I'm up for a post tonight, but I'll try to back-edit Arisi's nightmare into the next round of posts. Sorry again! :(

OK. Posted.

Mala & Max, I still need you to post into the tracker thread.

I'm giving everybody 1 exp for GM Intervention on two count,

• the nightmare attack
  • until you solve the nightmare problem you will no longer be able to sleep and therefore will no longer be able to use your 10 hour recovery roll

Questions?

Mew...my last post was going over to Arisi...I was hoping either Mala would have her wake up, or someone else would chime in and talk to Raiche.

And since Mala seems to be away for a bit, I'm not sure if I should do what Raiche -would- do, and try to wake Arisi up, in the absence of convincing reasons not to.

I haven't forgotten the game...I gots my eye on it...

Here's a roll for mala:

[jameson] 8:55 am: rolling for mala
jameson *rolls* 1d20: 8: 8
[jameson] 8:55 am: failed
So she'll be down 5 intellect points, which can help explain Arisi's condition.
I'll be back with an update on Tuesday morning at the drop dead latest. and then next weekend sometime. I'm going to try and get updated tomorrow or Sunday and push things into Redstone itself, and then things can percolate there over the holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

I am mostly recovered from the flu and the mental funk that preceded it. As a warning, I'm detoxing off of all my meds (staying on a 'medicinal food' that's been the most helpful med, though) over the next five to eight weeks. It's a gentle lead off with time to stop and go back if my brain/emotions dive-bomb, but I might still be a bit stuttery on posts. I'll do my best and Dawn'll be around so she'll be able to communicate for me if I hit a spot where I can't for a bit. Hopefully I'll do fine on the detox (fingers crossed), but I thought fair warning was fair. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am okay either way. If something of note would happen or we could discover something of note, I say we RP a bit. Otherwise, let's buzz forward. We appear to be losing steam.

I agree, but I wanted to check.

I assume that people are still interested in this, but the slowing pace is concerning me. I know that this is partially on me, and for that I apologize, no longer having access at work has made my ability to post limited somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived