Mutants & Masterminds: Heroes United - [Heroes United] OOC thread

Justin OOC

I really don't mean to showboat, but Javier can create heat resistant pods around each of the magma fiends. He can create up to 1000 cuft of material at a time (a 10' cube of solid material, so it can be larger if hollow. He can also transform 25lbs of any material into any other material. So he could transform 25lbs of the air around them into liquid nitrogen... but mechanically that would probably require a power stunt since it would actually be an affliction...

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yar...Create doesn't let you make effects other than just making objects. To create stuff that inflicts other effects, you gotta use other powers that are 'flavored' as creation.

This is something I have become acquainted with in Magisterium. :)

You can create pods around them, but they do get a reflex resistance check.

With this being New York City there are subways, sewers, underground utilities and all sorts of stuff to think about, both in digging the trench, filling up the hole, and draining a lake/pond from a public park. Not saying it's a bad idea, just saying that it could cause more damage if we're not careful... of course, they could've missed those or blocked them off/plugged them up as they came up.

In Chat, there is a die roller.

ALSO, aren't we supposed to wait until Justin starts the next thread? We don't even have a agreed on plan yet. That and by opening the portal right on the enemy is only tossing us right into the fight. Directly.

I just posted Doc's gameplan. Doc's expecting casualties on our team and is preparing for getting people out.

Nope, that'd be impossible without live footage of the front lines anyway. The portal opens at a point atop a nearby building on the edge of the violence. Essentially the closest point the feeds we have could survey while still being safe-ish and out of the way. Fliers will be able to divebomb the site instantly, but if yer on foot you're charging into the front line.

Yes, and Paladin and Fulcrum are already engaged, and your last post suggested the portal was CLOSED.

In fact by stating this the portal is probably closed.

"With Paladin manifesting a solid wall, trying to hold all the creatures in a distance distorion field was no longer as much of an issue. This left gatekeeper free to relocate civilians in danger of imminent injury or prevent the escape of stragglers. He did not, however, hover over the battle where he could get the best view. He needed to use the building as a cover as he did not yet have a mask for his identity, but it was comforting to know that there were other heroes there to keep attention off of him and pick up the slack he thought he might be causing."

Opening warps and the like is a sustained action, and by changing your attention to something else you have to drop the portal.

I'm sorry for my part in messing up any planning. All I can say is that there was an open warpgate to the area and he could save innocent lives, so he went. I did have him leave a means of communication with the group. I had full intentions of having him participate in the planning while he was creating the corral. I honestly didn't expect anybody to follow me.

Edited my post at Justin's request.

Just a heads up, I'm going out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to post Friday or Saturday, and I don't do IC posts on Sunday, so I'm not going to be available at all this weekend.

I can't post from work but I'll get one up later this afternoon. Yes he can make a mask, and yes he can recon, but he's still going to do the barrier as he flies around.

interesting...a shapeshifting Fenrir as an npc?

Not an NPC - late-joining PC. I tried to say no to a super-hero game but couldn't resist! So now you're all stuck with me.

Also, edited my post because I forgot that my PC has Clothing Absorption... >.>

I'm giving Scout a little more time.once he posts, or friday comes then I will move you all to chapter 2

Sounds good. I'm ready to light this candle.

Not an NPC - late-joining PC. I tried to say no to a super-hero game but couldn't resist! So now you're all stuck with me.

Oh my... well it's better than being stuck with us, right? ;)

Hey! I'm sorry about being absent. I've been absolutely floored by a sinus infection since monday. Barely managed to crawl out of bed tuesday through thursday to call out of work!

I'm back and trying to catch up now. I'll probably pop into chat at some point just to figure out where we are.

,, ,,

Sorry for holding you all back.

Again, really sorry about holding you all back. I think I'm caught up and waiting for the go-ahead. If this happens in the future, please feel free to send a PM to my main account: quotemyname I get emails whenever that receives a PM, and I should be able to respond more quickly to that.

Edit: Here's a link to Invisible Castle for an initiative roll: Initiative if needed (1d20+11=19)

I know you all usually use the chat roller, but every time I'm in there, there's usually no one to witness me being there. This is a permanent link to a roll that I've made though so this should serve better for now.

My posting may be a tad spotty this weekend as well. Going to see a friend perform a Shakespeare play on Broadway. 12th Night. Should be fun, but might leave me pretty busy all of Sunday.

I think I'm going to post at least an introductory post in light of the fact that my posting rate is lower than the rest of you.

Feel free to stick this post in the timeline wherever my initiative falls. So far, I'm first, though...

EDIT: Taking some artistic liberty, here. You said the problem was north of central park, so I picked the closes semi-landmark I could find. the Studio Museum at Harlem

Defensive Attack 2, Power Attack 2; DC +10 damage effect on hit with thrown shield. Using Ricochet 3 to have it bounce off a building (harmlessly) and hit one of the lava-men from behind, then return to his arm. (1d20+8=15)

Hopefully that's enough to land a hit on a flat-footed enemy. I'm hoping at least one point of their defense comes from dodging or something...

Archived