Kickstarter Projects

Matt

From time to time people have posted Kickstarter projects that they have contributed to. There have been a few instances where I heard about a project that I would have been interested in had I known about it while it was ongoing.

So I am starting this thread for people to post any Kickstarter projects that they think the community may be interested in.

I saw this one today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/840448191/tabletop-connect-3d-virtual-tabletop. If this actually delivers, it'll be head and shoulders above the current programs designed to perform a similar function. $35 gets you the GM edition (which would let you host as well as play in others' games) with some miniatures and terrain sets. More are included at higher reward levels, but I can only assume they'd be available for sale later on. It looks like it was just opened for backing yesterday.

• 1 month later...

The guys at Vigilance Press have launched their first KS for a Wuxia inspired FATE Core game called: Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade

The campaign is barely 24 hours old and less than $1000 from funding. it is already funded ...

I've reviewed a number of products for M&M from Vigilance Press in the past and the quality of the writing, artwork, and layout has been stellar.

The guys at Vigilance Press have launched their first KS for a Wuxia inspired FATE Core game called: Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade

The campaign is barely 24 hours old and less than $1000 from funding. it is already funded ...

I've reviewed a number of products for M&M from Vigilance Press in the past and the quality of the writing, artwork, and layout has been stellar.

Backed it. (And also, thanks for the heads-up on this, jameson!)

Goddammit! Monte Cook Games just launched a new Kickstarter for their second game using the "Cypher System" (which powers Numenera).

It's called: The Strange and no shocker it looks amazballs.

It's got $10k $20k after less than an hour, with a primary goal of $60k which I would not be surprised if it met before this evening.

Funded ... I'm predicting this will hit around 300k $650k in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

The Strange is now over $200k and has funded not only the Core and Player's Books but also an Adventure Book (like Numenera's Devil's Spine) a bestiary, and a book on additional Recursions (other parallel/alternate worlds within the Strange). Next stretch goal is a character option book, which mostly likely would be 100% usable for Numenera as well, since descriptors and foci are almost always going to be compatible.

Oh hey, here's some sweet new artwork to entice you further ...

Welcome to Ardeyn

81f682875af11912f0620f23b5fdd6c7_large.j

Denizen of Ruk

67a42105b62a796bcbb3170e69fba362_large.j

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I swear this is the last time I will pimp the KS for The Strange, after this anything you hear from me will be reviews and the like.

With about 3 days left there is a little less than $3000 to the next stretch goal (another book for the line). I have no doubt we'll hit it and see what lies beyond but if you were waiting to back, time is running out!

Also, a fiction "anthology" (is it really an anthology if it's just 2 pieces?) was just released on Drive Thru RPG. Much like Tales from the Ninth World this new one, The Paradox Room, will help to set the tone and genre of The Strange. BUT WAIT, if you visit the KS page and look at the newest update (#35 just in case they put another out in the meantime) you will find a special link to get these stories FREE! Check it out if you are on the fence, maybe it will push you into a last minute pledge, or maybe not, either way you can't argue with the price!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Matt unpinned this topic

Archived