Mutants & Masterminds:Open Call--Weird Science, ST-Driven Plot

Dawn OOC

While we wait for Ein to get back for the Ullr Fest plot, I’ll start The “Weird Science” Plot

The Bay Area Science Convention
By George Adams, San Francisco Chronicle

Nerds have become steadily more attractive over the years, but the increase in ‘super-nerds’ has brought more glitz and glamour to the profession. Aspiring young scientists from around the world strive to be the first to provide the latest, greatest super-science gadget to improve our lives—or just dazzle the public.

The best place to see the sci-bling first-hand is at one of the many science conventions that have cropped up around the world. The United States hosts three, but by far the biggest is the Bay Area Science Convention. Three years ago, the founders James “Tesla” Chao and Annabelle Rogers started the convention to show off their inventions to other scientists. Members of the general public caught wind of the event and came to see the inventions as well. Chao and Rogers agreed to host it annually and shortly after, New York, Tokyo, Dallas and Rio announced their own conventions.

This year will see the usual line-up from Chao and Rogers, as well as a laundry list of scientists around the world. Most inventions are available in the general area but this is the first year there will be a VIP section, where live experiments will be occurring. Tickets are available to the general public, though VIP passes have been sold out since last year.

Details:
Where: San Francisco, CA

Time: August 30, 2013

PCs: Open, limit of 4

Please indicate interest in the thread below.

This is not for gadget types only. If I have more than four, it's likely that I'm more likely to chose science/gadget people over non-science people, but I mentioned that it's open to the general public because I didn't want to exclude a PC who might be interested, so long as I have room. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived