Pathfinder: Navineh - General Discussion

z017

This thread is for general discussion of Navin by players and non-players alike. The main Navin forum is the only forum available for non-players to post in at this point; this is primarily to keep the game on track as we move forward. I'm also trying out the features as I come across them on the Games tab, so things might slide around a bit. I'll make News posts if I make a major change to the set-up of a forum.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm in the process of getting the official deity and racial splats up. So far for the deities all I've put up is the "stat block". Send me any flavor text or pictures you'd like me to add to the entry in a PM with [Navineh - 'Deity Name'] and I'll get it added. Alternately, post up in the Setting OOC thread, either way. As we play, I'll most likely flesh out things left blank; if something doesn't fit your feel for the deity/race let me know and we'll hash it out.

It's time to get working on your PC and the NPCs for your kingdom! I've got the map done and starting positions/terrain/etc. done, the mechanics (if not all the fluff) for the calendar is done, and we're treading close to go time.

You will have a starting bank of BP for your kingdom, I'll probably go with the book suggestion of 50 BP, which you can pull from to hire for positions and adventurers, so don't fret about trying to fund a new kingdom on starting gold for a first level character. ;) That said, the book does note that 50 BP can still land you in bankruptcy if you mismanage your funds. We're using the graduated BP value as well, remember, so each BP you pull out for gold is worth 500 gp.

More as I think of things, but Carver just got here for hang out times!

For straight up administrators, there's not much reason to go to level 3. Their bonuses are based on attributes, not skills, and stats don't boost until 4th level.

However, some higher level adventuring buddies are not a bad investment. :)

Hard to say. It's the kind of thing that COULD ramp up the bonuses quite a lot, especially if we're allowed to design our own NPCs and level them.

You could frown at us, but then you'd be having to exercise more oversight.

Then again, it might make starting at low levels a little easier too.

I've just put up the first of the Tanduran adventuring party (also happens to be the leader of the Tandurans). If each player would make a similar thread with their adventurers, as other players will need to be able to reference the NPC they are in control of during adventures, I would be grateful. :)

You don't have to put in your PC if you really don't want to. I did just for my own ease of reference when I'm running things.

Yes. That's how the adventures will work. I thought I put that up in the PM.

Other players will take up your NPCs when your kingdom experiences an adventure. Everyone will have a window to post in; if a person doesn't post, I'll post for that NPC, to keep the adventure moving along. There's no penalty for not getting a post in for an NPC, as the windows are likely to be 24 hrs and real life is more important than the game. However, I will grant GM bennies (not xp or items, but situational advantages and other intangibles) to players that are particularly clever, amusing, etc. when posting for another kingdom's NPC.

So, I should really not rely on auto-fill character excel sheets, especially ones that tell me a Paladin starts with 1,000 gold. >.< *ST derp* I'll be going back an toning down the Tanduran leader's gear by whole bunches. Sorry about that, guys, and Dave, thanks for keeping an eye on mechanics stuff that looks wonky.

Archived