Mutants & Masterminds:Open Call--Ullr Fest ST-run plot

Dawn OOC

Place: Breckenridge, CO

Time: Thursday, January 10, 2013 (this fic will be backdated to that time)

PCs: Open, limit of 4 (one spot held for Ivarr, so room for 3 more)

Blurb: "Ullr Fest celebrates 50 years this Jan. 6-12, 2013 and Breckenridge invites snow lovers of all ages to join the party. During Ullr Fest in Breckenridge, don’t be surprised to see horned Viking hats adorning the heads of skiers and snowboarders, Ullympic competitors flinging frying pans for prizes, more than 12,000 Ullr enthusiasts filling the streets for the Ullr Parade and crazy float participants skiing off jumps on Main Street or gliding along town in a hot tub. Join us to rejoice with Ullr himself. Ullr is 50TH – and is ready for a good party. In Norse mythology Ullr (pronounced Oool-er) was the winter god. He was the son of Sif and the stepson of Thor, the "God of Thunder." Ullr loved the cold, and delighted in traveling over the country on his skis or skates. He also delighted in the chase, and pursued his game through the Northern Forests."

But this year, the festival is going to have some surprise visitors...

Notes: I'm going to update as much as I can once combat starts, so I'm going to have 48 hour windows once the dice start flowing. If a PC can't make that window, s/he will be struck with hesitation.

Hmm... I could see myself doing this, if this reasoning sounds wise: Ensign Minneapolis is currently getting the basement level of the Buzza Building set to be used as her HQ, Right now it is the remodeling phase and there is a lot of dust and other annoyances, so EM decides to go on a "Working Vacation" to Colorado to test her suit in high elevation operations under winter conditions in a semi-controlled setting. That... and she heard Ullr Fest is... something to experience.

Bastion could do this. Hell, he has enough going on with High School that taking a break for the weekend and chillin' somewhere would be on his list of things to do. The whole being a super guy thing is cool because if he wants to spend the day in China... it's just a small flight away.

Well there is something to be said for networking between other supers as well... Now I am more sold into doing this. Although I am unaware there are other supers at the event that I know of.

Then again I will stand out among ski-suits and the average snow bunnies.

I'd like to do this as well, but character is not done. I could stop in chat later today or tonight if folks could help me finish up the character.

Hey, Fox - what's your character's status? I'd like to start this soonish.

I tried to stop in to chat for some help night before last but everyone was asleep or gone. I'll try and stop in tonight if anyone is around.

I'll make the attempt to be in there until midnight or so (CST). :) If you come after, I make no promises that I'll be awake; I might be passed out at the keyboard. :P

:)

Just so you know what I have in mind, I'd like to go with one of two concepts, both would be forgotten gods. One idea was a god of runic magic, an aesir, or vanir who aided people through the use of runes. The other being a god of the forge and making, that one would be a dwarf.

I'm kind of leaning toward the dwarf idea, since I like the idea of creating magic items, and it would be funny when he shows up to assist someone and they are expecting a charismatic big blond nord beefcake and instead get a shortish, black skinned, gruff drwarf with an attitude. The attitude probably being the reason he stopped being worshiped and was forgotten.

Archived