Open World M&M 3e

Dave ST

I do have a question: How many of us have started generation on our second characters? I think I'll wait to start on Shirley until I got Ensign established.

I think it'll take a while before I consider creating a second PC. I should be tapped enough with running one PC for the start.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there is something to be said for break-away brooches or velcro attachment points. That and a Cloak is damn useful for keeping dry/warm over a cape anyways.

I guess it depends on the style of the character. I wager Bastion is still "Superboy" in a shirt and denim jeans, and Misthal is a Harry Dresden type. I imagine WatchWoman being a tactical special-ops type.

Watch Woman dresses in Dom-gear and drowns her insignia in her cleavage tsunami. Which I think qualifies as insignia abuse... Poor lil guy.

Yeah, B doesn't have a costume, those things are expensive. His allowance is only like a couple bucks a week.

A cape? I am a child of the Vanir and the Frost Giants: what need have I for such frippery. Simple hide and fur shall suffice, though I find denims to be excellent wear for when I am not hunting!

Suffice to say, Ivarr's 'hunting garb' will be the latest in fur, hide and leather straps. It's what the well-dressed barbarians are wearing in Alfheim this season. :P

Okay...

I think Dave, Dawn, and Mala signed off on me... I'm official now! :D

I think... but... yaaaay. :D

Also, this is officially Ensign's theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSfD4ClDBCk

With a special extended edition when everything is on the line...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ymafS-huK-g

At this point, we have the following people approved:

Ensign Minneapolis

Jillian Johnson

Davian Layton

Watchwoman

Dr. Julian Kell

Ivarr Ullson

The following are almost approved:

Bastion

Misthal Thorn

The following have been submitted partially:

Darrik

Just an FYI. Those that are approved can start posting, and STs can start offering stories to run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay... I might be up for running a story. Just one. If there are interested parties, I'll wait a week for Carv to get back, that way anyone waiting for approvals can get done and I'm willing to run something. That and this gives me time to think of a one-shot plot.

Oh, There is a question I wanted to ask as it is part of Tomomi's background and it will (obviously) effect the game world, and at least in my view in a interesting and engaging way. Giant Monsters. Can they be a thing, and can I tie this to Tomomi's background? Thought this could add a possible something for people to have to deal with.

You, historically, have a tendency to try to insinuate all things anime into the games you play. It's not a "wedge" but an observation. You do this. It's an established pattern. Mechs. Sailor suits. Rubber mech-pilot outfits. Catgirls. Character tropes. That you have preferences is fine, but I (emphasis on the "I" since I'm not speaking for everyone) don't think those preferences are necessary or desirable in every game.

Now. As far as the actual issue at hand is concerned, the "giant monster" is far, far more prevalent in Eastern media than Western. Having seen something in Western comics does not, in my mind, instantly make it appropriate for a specific superhero comic-book game; there are a great many things in Western comics that would definitely not be appropriate. (Pretty much anything Frank Miller puts out, for example.)

Do I think it could be possible for one to crop up on Earth under unusual circumstances? Sure. A frost giant might be considered a "giant monster," but we've already established that Asgard and all associated myths exist in the game world, so while it might be a rare sight, one might make an appearance. The singular result of a mad scientist's genetic experimentation gone awry? Also possible. Escapee from a Jurassic Park-style preserve? Okay, sure. I don't, however, think they should be common or numerous enough to form the basis of a character's background, as you've implied.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to make a suggestion that might help people build some momentum for this game. It would require adjustments to people's background, but I really think it would be a boon to us.

The idea is that we forget the world-wide idea, and the zones of influence idea. I know that something similar has been suggested, but I suggest we add a new city, a mega-city, to the map. This city would be the focus of the game. Yes, it's a bit contrived but all the PCs are really spread out and this would bring them closer.

Some concept art...

Downtown:

Future_Megacity_zastavki_com_17466_12.jp

The slums:

mega-city-one-from-dredd.jpg

The Green Zone:

tumblr_lljmmmyXC51qfsw7to1_500.jpg

18-greencity.jpg

The Innovation Circle:

123303044.png

Before we start to discuss ideas, is there any interest?

Archived