Summer 2013 Kansas City RPGPost HouseCon!

The Story Guide

So, I'd like to host a get-together for those RPG-Posters that can take a weekend this summer to come to KC and hang out my house. I've got a fair amount of crash space, a nice deck to hang out on, a grill, games to be played, etc!

So, who's up for it and what are people's schedule availability or black-out dates?

Honestly the end of August would work out best for me, too, or that mid-July date. Late July/early August is our Semi-Annual Home Sale for me, which is lucrative for me (theoretically), and I'd prefer to take the full weekend off if possible when we do this.

August would be solidly out for me, much as I want to go, 3 weekends of august I have conventions I'm already committed to

I would love to get to see some new faces, and those of you I know already again, it's been far too long.

It seems like the farther out the better for people. We can look at weekends in September as well.

September 7-8

September 14-15

September 21-22

September 28-29

So far as I know, the only no-go weekend would be Labor Day weekend at the start of the month. Jas' job is always busy on holiday weekends.

Hmm. Interesting. I am planning a trip to Oklahoma in July...and possibly to GenCon in August.

I will have to see how prices to Kansas City are. I've got a lot going this summer, but I'll make it if I possibly can.

I'd love to do this, but I doubt I can get away with the twins still being so young. If things change and they miraculously start sleeping through the night by then, it might be a possibility, but otherwise I probably wouldn't be allowed to escape this year.

• 2 weeks later...

All right, so apparently the last weekend in August/first weekend in September is Labor Day weekend, which means there's no possible way a time-off request will be approved. 2nd weekend of September and onward are probably doable for me, and by proxy for the Rev-monster.

Chatting around, it seems like the second full weekend of September (14th-15th) is doable for most people. Please post up if you know you'll be coming or if it's a maybe, when you might know if it's a yes or no, so I can plan for foodage and talk the others in the city if I fill up on crash space at my own house.

• 2 weeks later...

Mala I've put in my request for time off for that weekend, let me know ASAP if anything changes, please. I also have a limited amount of crash space available and a queen size air mattress, less than Mala's but enough for a person or a couple if need be. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I also have crash space, though even less than Shana. And you can't scare my sister too much and not mind having two two-year-olds all up in your business.

Also, I ask that if you have any kind of food need/request that you let us know so we can start planning for having the food stuff there. :D

I will try to make it...since I've decided to forgo Gencon this year, it will be much easier.

I'll post up when I know for sure if I can or not.

For special food needs, I request a small glass bowl full of M&Ms. Just the green ones though.

Just an update. My vacation plans are still technically approved, but it turns out three people have requested that weekend off instead of two (myself included). That may not be an issue if EITHER of our sick people are feeling better by then, and able to work more or at all. Or if it's not a big sale weekend (which I don't think it should be) it may still not be an issue. But I'm just letting folks know that I may have to work one of those days, and I can't talk to my boss about it till he gets back from vacation early August. :( Anyway, hopefully it won't be an issue, I'm doing everything I can.

• 1 month later...

Question: When are people coming into town? I'm trying to figure out when the best day to have off is, Friday or Sunday? I'm probably gonna have to work Saturday because two other people were already on vacation, but I'll try to get a day shift so I can be off in the evening to come over for awhile by trading with someone. But he said I can have Sunday or Friday, whichever, just let me know when people are arriving and leaving.

Sadly, developments at work have come up...and I won't be able to come after all. Two people off for medical reasons, supervisor off on vacation, and chronic, persistent understaffing means I'm pretty much shackled to my desk until the 4rth week of September.

Sorry guys. :(

Archived