Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Justin OOC

[Dragonball Victory] DBV: Chapter 2 The Hunt for the Dragonballs

Recommended Posts

Where they arrived in the northern wastes was on the steppes, mostly barren land all around, the site of a great series of battles in centuries past. Only the howling wind made sound around them, and Genichiro smiled. "I've trained here, or at least in the wastes abit. It gets a little cold, but we shouldn't be here too long." Already it was only about ten degrees Celsius, and he pulled out the dragonradar. A few clicks, and it Got the direction. "We're about fifteen miles South of the area where it is, not to bad for such a long transmission."

,,

He nodded "Get your bearings and we'll set off."

,,

(once agan another disorienting long distance teleportation, and a broken blasted landscape, with only the wind to greet you. COnsidering what earth looks like in most other parts, this looks like some lifeless alien world. There is no water anywhere around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tetsuko wasn't that cold, although she still crossed her arms in front of her... she really needed to consider her clothing options.

,,

"I will activate my standard radar and my lifeform detection system to keep track of everyone, or any potential threats. Let's make this quick and we'll be back at the island in no time. Should we fly there or keep a low profile Genichiro?"

,,

She deferred to Genichiro, particularly as he had the Dragon Radar. He practically was the leader of the team.

,,
Note
Radar and Chi detector online...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vela looked around and gave an approving nod. No water. This was better. It was cold here, but no worse than nights on the high plateaus near the Valley of Gods. If they were going to be here long, she might want some furs...but for now the chill would be useful to sharpen her focus.

,,

"On foot. Flying loses us surprise. Hunt them, stalk them, pounce upon them with overwhelming strength." She nodded. "That will bring us victory."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tetsuko chuckled. "Vela... there is something to be said about a tactical move on our quarry. Find the Dragon Ball, and take our prize and run. Better to not waste valuable time and resources on a protracted battle. We should make the Red Ribbon fight on our terms, not theirs, and what better than to have something they want. Those greedy humans think of nothing but themselves, and it causes them to be reckless. If anything our tactical advantage is that we seem to be able to coordinate well as is, and Datura here seems to know a few things about a surgical strike."

,,

She adjusted her outfit which looked so out of place with it's summery appearance in a wintry setting. In a way, Tetsuko brought some color to this dead wasteland. Just by her being there. "To be honest... I'd rather not fight unless we can use that to draw the Red Ribbon from their goal."

,,

Her eyes glowed a blue as her sensors worked with their radar and chi sensing capability. Checking for any anomalous readings...

,,
Note
Tetsuko's voice has a slightly electronic quality to it, it isn't jarring or violates the uncanny valley in terms of her voice, it is more of something that seems "in sync" with it. Making it feel natural. I reflect this with the different color and font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Oh, for cuck’s sake.” Datura rolled her eyes at the two women. “I’m going to go draw them off. You can follow and pick up the lizard stone.”

,,

“Dragon ball.” Genchiro clarified.

,,

“Whatever.” The saiyan’s tail, wrapped firmly around her waist, twitched once. “So let’s do this.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tetsuko nodded. "Affirmative, Datura. Time to commence operations."

,,

She turned to Genichiro. "Let's move fast, I do not detect any potential hostiles currently, although that could change quickly."

,,

She punched her palm, then cracked her knuckles. "Round two, you savages..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vela merely nods to indicate her assent, then ushers Genichiro ahead so they can follow him to the Dragonball...and DESTINY.

,,

(Hee, ready to move, basically :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The quartet of fighters moved in, moving at good speed, and at the right moment Datura went ahead. What she found were three more of those robots, and Ship of some sort. Roughly fifty soldiers were there, and three officers. One of them ducked inside the ship, and she caught a glint of orange in his hand.

,,

A second later, a storm of gunfire rang out, as the troops all turned to fire on Datura.

,,

Datura needs to roll 4 defenses the squad of soldiers first and their machineguns DC 19, The 3 armored robots 1 firing gatling cannon DC 22 damage 100 autofire, The one firing a chest laser DC 25 for 150 damage, the third firing missiles DC 24 damage 150)

,, ,,

(Everyone else, Roll inititatives, and do as you will. You can reach the battlefield this turn, or you can wait, and let her draw some off.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Targets Acquired, commencing hostilities...
[Ensign Minneapolis] 11:27 am: Okay looks like it is initiative time... 2d6 plus ACV plus bonuses, correct?
[Long6] 11:29 am: yes
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 1+4+39: 44

Tetsuko teleports above the battle scene (10 EP), and draws off fire from the mecha firing it's laser and the other fring misiles. Just as planned.

Defenses
[Ensign Minneapolis] 12:01 pm: Defenses
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 4+6+18: 28
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 5+2+18: 25
[Ensign Minneapolis] 12:01 pm:
[Carver] 12:02 pm: Nice!
[Ensign Minneapolis] 12:02 pm: I can dance...


She knows immediately what she has to do. She marks two shots to the ship, then two shots to the Mecha that fired it's laser at her.

Attacks
[Ensign Minneapolis] 12:04 pm: Okay Attacks now, two to the ship, two to the mecha that shooped it's whoop.
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 4+6+18: 28
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+1+18: 22
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+18: 24
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 4+2+18: 24
[Ensign Minneapolis] 12:04 pm: Not bad.
[Ensign Minneapolis] 12:04 pm: The 22 is a little sub-par, but I'll take it.


Four beams of blue light stream from her hands at a blindingly fast rate... Her Magnetowave blasts leaving her hands with careful precision. Tetsuko allows herself to fall from her teleport, so she can crack open that Laser-mecha next...

COMBAT STATUS
Initiative: 44
Energy: 265/315
Health: 600/600
Current Altitude, best range for energy blasts...
and falling (setting up for a leaping attack next round...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Datura smirked as she accelerated and left the others behind. She’d always been more comfortable alone than with a group. Her experiences with training with others on Saiyan had only reinforced that feeling for her, and she enjoyed the few seconds of flight as she enacted her part of the plan.

,,

Only to find Tetsuko was already there, firing on the ship and the mecha. That wasn’t the plan!

,,

Fine. She could adapt. Datura came to a full stop, drawing the fire of the soldiers and three of the robots. She dodged the bullets from the guns and shells from the cannon with ease, finding them no harder to dodge than a human baby crawling on the floor. Then she leveled her Destruction Wave at the three robots, testing their mettle to see if she needed to focus on one—or if she’d already destroyed it.

,,

The plan had apparently changed to ‘kill everything’. Datura was okay with that. It was more fun that ‘Datura is bait’ anyway.

,,

Initiative is: Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+1+25:

30 ,,

Datura’s defenses:

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+2+18: 26 v DC19, success

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+2+18: 26 v DC22, success

,,

Datura’s attacks on each of the three robots, using: The Destruction Wave - Weapon 20 ranks, Range 6, Muscle:

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 1+3+17: 21, Hit

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+2+17: 25, Hit

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+17: 24, Hit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vela was not as fast as the others. As gunshots started echoing hollowly over the frozen tundra valley, she concentrated and lifted into the air, cracking the permafrost under her feet and throwing up snow in a balloon away from her as she did. Even in the air though, she was not terribly fast, and she realized that she'd be late to the engagement. From a distance she realized that the forces fighting were almost certainly a diversion though. The ship was the thing.

,,

She swerved to make a beeline for the vessel, focusing her will to reach out and take hold of the giant thing...pitting herself against the might of its engines to try to hold it back, or slow it down even a little.

,,

Init: 28[

SalmonMax *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+21: 28

,,

Not sure if I need to make a roll for TK, or if what she wants to do is even possible...but she will attempt it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the plan shot to hell, Genichiro stayed with Vela. Tetsuko's zeal did ruin the surprise, and the groups effectively split their fire. She was able to damage the ship, but not so much that they couldn't fly away. The Two Robots attacking her now did so with their full arsenals.

,,

Datura's attacks managed to hammer the robots hard, but not so much as to drop any of them. One of them cut loose on her, as the soldiers did as well. For Vela, she found she was able to grab the massive ship, though not all of it. It was much heavier than it looked, and she really only had a piece of it. Because it wasn't obvious what she was doing, she wasn't Targeted.

,,

Genichiro let loose not too far from Vela with his own barrage of energy blasts, Taking down over a dozen of the soldiers, though he'd only knocked them out from the looks of things. An officer shot back at him, which he calmly deflected back at the officer, killing him instantly.

,,

Tetsuko is up. You need to dodge 6 attacks 2 gatling cannon- DC 24 and 23, 2 Missile DC 24 and 25, and two laser attacks, DC 27 and 26.

,,

Datura needs to dodge 3 attacks 1 gatling DC 27, 1 Missile DC 25, One Laser DC 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Defenses and Damage
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:02 am: Rolling in order presented in the post.
Gatling Cannon: DC 24 - Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+18: 23 - Hit, Margin of 1, 50 Damage
Gatling Cannon: DC 23 - Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+18: 23 - Miss
Missile: DC 24 - Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 2+5+18: 25 - Miss
Missile: DC 25 - Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+18: 25 - Miss
Laser: DC 27 - Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+3+18: 24 - Hit, 100 Damage
Laser: DC 26 - Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+18: 23 - Hit, 100 Damage
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:03 am: Two lasers and a Gatling hit.
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:04 am: How much damage is that, Long?
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:05 am: Of course -50 on each hit.
[Long6] 9:07 am: 150 for the lasers
[Long6] 9:07 am: and the gatling is 100
[Long6] 9:07 am: but if the gatling hits each increment of 3 over is another hit
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:08 am: Long: Whoever said this job would be easy... or painless... is a fool.
COMBAT STATUS
Initiative: 44
Energy: 265/315
Health: 350/600
...Still Falling... WITH STYLE

Tetsuko was slammed into with the lasers, and a grazing shot from a gatling plnked off her re-enforced body, cutting through her skin, parts of her clothing were singed from the lasers and there were some scrapes already bleeding, but she also kept up the pressure, kicking off of missiles to dodge from them or knocking them into each other. She wasn't pleased, this was her favorite outfit when not in battle gear. Her eyes narrowed as she continued falling into her target, One of the battle mecha that just fired on her.

"OOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAH!!!" She screamed in a amazon fury, as she laid in with a flying elbow smash!!! Followed by smashing into the mecha with two kicks, then teleporting (10 EP) to the opposite side of the transport to use it as cover.

Laying the smackdown, Android Style - Elbow: 160 (If it hits) Kicks: 150 Each (if it hits)
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:39 am: If the elbowsmash hits, she is at +1 Damage Multiplier, if not, she is at -3 to her defenses.
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:39 am: Figuring that now...
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:40 am: Oh and I am changing from two roundhouses to just one kick.
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:41 am: 160 for the Elbow (if it hits) and 150 for the kick (if it hits)
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+18: 22
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:41 am: I'm going to divine that.
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 1+2+18: 21
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:42 am: One more divine
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+6+18: 27
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:42 am: Better! Now the kick
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 4+4+18: 26
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:42 am: I had to hit with that elbow or my defenses would take a hit.
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:43 am: Just one question, is it possible to save a action to use as a defensive attack?
[Long6] 9:44 am: yes, but I prefer you don't
[Ensign Minneapolis] 9:44 am: Alright, then two kicks...
Ensign Minneapolis *rolls* 2d6: 3+3+18: 24
COMBAT STATUS
Initiative: 44
Energy: 255/315
Health: 350/600
Using the Transport as Cover, Hovering
3/5 Divine Relationship Remaining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mecha took the hits, but withstood them, though it was heavily damaged now. It seemed to focus on her, moving away from the other one to follow after her.

,,

(Datura is up)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...