[M&M3e] Tomorrow Comes Today - OOC

Sailor OOC

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No point in making a character thread until the game is ready to begin. I posted Bastion up so people could see what to expect from him. Most players on here like to prevent cross overs or make sure their PC is the prettiest, or the strongest, or just plain better than everyone else's because they need that sort of validation in their lives. I'm hoping this will prevent disappointment later down the road. I'd hate for someone to wig out once they noticed my character had a point or more of strength than theirs or one more point of flight than they have.

This way they can min/maxx the hell of their PC and be the absolute bestest. :mellow:

Hyo: Hey... that effect's cost always annoyed me. I figured I should fix that itch.

Stone: I'm not sure how to take that. I was thinking more that people could post their characters in an organized place. Also, as I have said before I will sure as hell not enforce niches for anyone, and I welcome overlap. I am a fan of a group having one or two characters with a redundancy. Also I do not think this group is so petty where people would flip because someone pissed in their yard for a super character that is supposed to work with others as teammates. That and the player roster here I trust to be professional.

That, and this is a superhero game. People are bound to have some similar powers. Revel in the fact you can share your other-worldlyness. :D

I know that's not even a word... Deal with it.

Due to the level of interest, and the resounding success of recruitment, I am closing the table to new players at this point forward.

I do have a reserved slot or two for people that I think would be an asset to the game, but otherwise, that's all, folks.

I'll give everyone until next Tuesday to get their characters set. I will also open a character thread forthwith!

Okay, I'm seeing some definite movement here.

I might write up the opening to the first episode (I don't want posts yet) to get you guys a taste of what's coming. A "prologue" to the story, if you will.

Once we start though after next Tuesday, that thread will be open to the characters.

So... Dahlia is confined to a wheelchair and suffers from constant pain but all of her non super human attributes are the 'Best in the Nation' level? Seriously... our wheelchair confined doctor has attributes in the Gold Medalist range?

That must be one kick ass wheelchair...

I understand the 15 in Presence because everyone around here has to be the sexiest thing evar but I don't get the rest. One can still be beautiful and compelling and alluring from a wheelchair, but how does she retain 'Best in the Nation' level physical attributes? How did she even get Best in the Nation attributes? Studying and being a doctor doesn't really leave much time for weight training (Str 5), marathon running (Sta 5), or martial arts training (Fighting 5). Fighting 5 is a gray area because she could have studied Martial Arts after her accident (a lot of reading) and have practical tactical knowledge, but I included it any way.

This isn't a character bash, it's just an observation. If her attributes were closer to something resembling her actual background (that didn't include a whole lot of Olympic level training from what I read) that'd be more points avail for the character to place towards power or advantages that complimented her intellect. Like an Iron Man suit, or knock out gas that's like AoE Gargoyle, or a hover chair like Professor X that has ray guns and full tactical suite (to put that Fighting 5 to use). Or into skills that compliment he lack of an attribute like Combat: Throwing, or Combat: Ranged or Combat: Close Combat so you can still fight like a super without being super in that particular category (and it'll cost you less too, 1PP = 3 Skill points). So, she could drop some hurt on people with pin point accurate Gargoyle tossing because she learned how to throw from the confines of a wheel chair, not because she has Olympic class Dexterity. Being in a wheel chair sucks, and people have to rely more on their brain than brawn. I think you could benefit more from skills than attributes.

Like I said, not a character bash, just a critique.

Yes, they are negatives. I really hope that the player doesn't expect us to take the PC out in the field, into combat. Watchwoman will object to that, strongly. You don't expose a physically fragile person to those kind of hazardous situations.

Sorry, Dahlia's player, whomever you are. But my PC protects people like yours; she doesn't bring them into a fight.

Alrighty so as you can see I have an Avatar for Spartan now... :) Here are a couple of larger pictures.

20+Mike+O+Hearn+picture.jpg

Mike+O%E2%80%99Hearn_6967256_7723552_n.j

,, ,, ,,

ALso, I'm posting up his unofficial stats so I can get a little feedback. I know he's really under his caps ineverything but if anyone sees any glaring issues or ways I could do something better please let me know? :)

Spartan - PL 10

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 10, Intellect 6, Awareness 6, Presence 6

Advantages

Animal Empathy, Assessment, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Fearless, Great Endurance, Jack-of-all-trades, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown, Throwing Mastery 2, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Powers

Enhanced Immune System: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison)

Enhanced Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)

Enhanced Movement: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 (Danger Sense: Hearing, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Low-light Vision)

Great Strength: Power-lifting 1 (+1 STR for lifting)

Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)

Redundant Systems: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks)

Speed of Thought: Quickness 3 (Perform routine tasks in -3 time ranks; Limited: Mental Tasks Only [2 ranks only])

Offense

Initiative +6

Grab, +12 (DC Spec 16)

Throw, +8 (DC 23)

Unarmed, +12 (DC 21)

Languages

English

Defense

Dodge 8, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/6, Will 8

Power Points

Abilities 104 + Powers 20 + Advantages 20 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 150

,, ,,

It's completely legitimate. But it's also very 5/1. :)

Anyway, I'm poking fun. I don't mean it as a real complaint.

Leaving out questions of aesthetics, I'd say he could use a point of Attractive. If he's going to be a 'showroom' model, he should have model looks. Some Equipment would also be good, so you can supplement his lackluster innate damage capability with weapons.

Otherwise, he looks good.

Min-Max, if this is Heri, you were in before the close.

This is the list of those I think are in.

Carv - Watchwoman (Batman)

Mala - Dahlia (Oracle/Tony Stark)

Dave - Gabriel Stone (Supes)

Red - Unknown

Abyss - Unknown

Long - Cade (Psychic Warrior)

Jordan - Spartan (Super Soldier)

Heritage - Min-Max (Growing power Heroine)

Rubio - Remus the MM(A)Mechanic (Brawler)

Hyoseph - ZerO (An AI)

Krul - Elementalist

Max - Tesseract (Teleporter)

Mike - Djane (Genie)

That's 13! 12! 7.

IT's at a safe number for me.

Alright... there are three options on the table for me...

One: I keep the group as one group, and let the group team up into sub-groups as necessary. While logical, this can be a problem if everyone decides to travel as one group. I know Mala's character is going to be stuck at base the majority of the time, but that leaves 12 characters in the field at any one time. That can cause a headache, particularly in combat.

Two: We split into two teams. We are BIG enough to do that. Blue Team can handle one mission, while Red Team can handle the other. Mala will be the general coordinator between both teams, but each team will have to pick a leader for their team.

Three: This is the least favorite option. Once I have Tuesday come as the deadline of submissions, anyone not submitted is OUT, and if there is still an excess (over 7) I may cut.

I have to deliberate on this, but advice is accepted.

I have to do this for the greater good of the game. I am making cuts. My next post will be those that are cut from the roster.

These are the cuts I have to make for the sake of the game.

Red - Red voluntarily left, so he is off the roster, obviously.

Abby - You're being quiet on your concept, and I do need to plan on characters and potential plot hooks. I'm sorry.

Hyoseph - Your AI may add some complexity to this game, and there is some overlap with Malachite's concept.

Jordan - Your character has some overlap with Dave's character, and Rev's character as of right now feels complete to me.

Max - I'm sorry, this was the toughest decision to make as you were the last slot I needed to cut.

I'm sorry this had to happen, I should have closed sooner, but now the group is at a healthy size. If anyone leaves later on in the game I will consider asking people from the cut list if they want in.

I'm sorry but I am highly encouraged and feel supported by the interest, but I am only human. Thank you for your time, for those that have been cut.

Without meaning to screw myself and Mike, I'd just like to say that if you drop Djane, you should cut WW too. I'm playing this PC primarily for the chance to have WW interact with Djane, so IF Djane is out (which would be a shame, Djane is awesome!), then please just take WW out, too. Thanks. :D

I have updated the cut list. And here is the updated and final roster.

Carv - Watchwoman (Batman)

Mala - Dahlia (Oracle/Tony Stark)

Dave - Gabriel Stone (Supes)

Long - Cade (Psychic Warrior)

Heritage - Min-Max (Growing power Heroine)

Krul - Blaize Fairview (Elementalist)

Mike - Djane (Genie)

Tuesday is the deadline for submissions.

Dawn, I appreciate the sentiment, but I actually have already started to plan a plot with Mike and You in mind. There was no doubt you two would make the cut.

Dammit... I just looked too. Give me a moment...

I'm making a change to the cuts. Rubio, I'm moving you to the first up in the Reserves, and making room for Krul. His character has things I think the team needs.

I'm sorry for the change, but I had to make a judgement call. The roster is now locked.

Thank you. Someone has some faith in this. Even when I make a change I think is the right one.

I am going to say that if anyone has any issue with this change of who was cut, know I did this for the right reasons.

You leave... that's alright, I got people I can call up.

Let's do this thing. TUESDAY DEADLINE, KIDS!

If that is your decision, so be it, so that folks know what they are dealing with then..

This is my submission: Blaize Fairview.. AKA Phoenix.. Fire Energy Controller

Elemental Form

lavaelfazataby7emeruell.jpg
Human Form
tumblrlzbvuu1mr81qe0da0.jpg
Though she usually doesn't dress quite that, provocatively, her soul meshed with fire and so she might in the right circumstance, she's exceptionally beautiful.. (I can feel your eyes rolling, Dave, but in this case there is a reason behind it), though she wasn't quite so much so before she gained her powers.

Archived