[Shadowrun] Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Krul

The man that Saori had mentioned to the bouncers at the entrance, Ricardo Ray, was a fairly important individual within the circles of the Azltan government and Aztechnology Megacorp, but he was not a major shareholder, so he wasn't quite one of the movers and shakers, but he knew folks who were. He was also ideal, from Saori's perspective cause he'd been involved with Azltan's troubles with Amazonia, and even if he didn't know the information that they were seeking, the chances were he would know where to look, which would be more then good enough. If she could get the information from him, and Saori was very good at this sort of thing, she would almost certainly be able to point them in the right direction, to the location of the ritual if not the artifact at least.

His features indicated a mix of native american and spanish, something that was actually fairly common in the upper ranks of Aztlan these days, not that most folks cared about skin color anymore, with the incredible mix of races that was now found within the sixth world, most folks cared more about if you were a elf or a troll then if your skin was black, white or red. He was wearing leather, black leather pants with black boots, and his chest was bare from the waist up, but he wasn't dancing, he was sitting having a drink at the bar and enjoying the show.

As for Red's target, the woman in the dental floss outfit (which pretty much hid nothing and wouldn't take much to lose completely), was Victoria Gracia, she wasn't one of the major targets on the list, but she did work for one of them, as their secretary and was trusted by them to take care of sensitive material, in essence, she had clearance and access t the information they were seeking.

Meanwhile, Shae was indeed gathering quite a few looks and interest as she drew part of the crowd into her dance, making herself part of the dance as a whole, she was providing quite a distraction for the time being.

Next move is yours, Dawn, Red.. let me know if you have any questions

Endeavor had hit the streets, looking over the possibilities directly, she had found a few that were usable, but nothing that was quite right, though she could keep looking, or settle for what she had found.

Your free to keep looking, making this an extended test, you have the time after all.. or you can settle for a basic black van, it won't be comfortable, but it will do the job.

As for the rest of the team, Death Otter remained plugged into the matrix, Ryan and Method continued to play chess, and Viktoriya got the message she was waiting for, her contact had the equipment she was asking for, whenever she was ready for pick up, so she could either wait.. or go out and take care of at least something other then watching two killers play chess.

As for Phantom... I'll let you tell me what he's doing Jeremy, I'm not entirely sure which group he's with at the moment.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Endeavor wasn't too impressed so far... something in her made her want to look deeper. There was a Black Van, but it seemed just not what the right proper faces of the team would ride around in. Although she did have to worry a little about cargo space, in particular for her cyborg teammate.

As she walked along, she would do simple things to hide the fact she was looking. Bending down to check the straps on her shoes, adjusting her gas mask, perhaps moving around her hair a little bit or brushing off her coat. In the process she looked at things like how well taken care of the vehicle was or simply if it looked re-enforced in some way without compromising looks.

Perception Roll #2
Kamiko *rolls* 7d6e5: 5,5,4,5,1,5,1. Successes = 4

Endeavor smiled as finally her dreamboat arrived, or in this case, a Rover Model 2068. It's hard top, easily covered windows and off-road capability screamed at her inner child and it responded "do want". She put her fingers up to her ear like she was using a earbud-link for her communicator. Sending a text message to Otter while saying something to fool any microphones obviously in the area with the security cameras likely about.

"On-Star... this is Patty, I am locked out of my car..."

>>>>> Otter, I got a bingo, I repeat, I got a Bingo.
Rover Model 2068, good room, built for offroad. It's a black beast.
You're on stage now, kid.

Oh, and please watch for the anti-theft system, it's a good one.
Also if you can get the vehicle's registration to my Patricia Kaku
identity that would be great.

For a moment there was a worrying silence in reply to Endeavor’s commed message. Then she heard music piped into her earpiece; faint swells of strings rising. Then the brass. She placed ‘Ride of the Valkyries’ almost immediately as it rose in volume.

Not being in VR, Endeavor was not in a position to ‘see’ what took place. Death Otter swarmed from node to node, swimming like her namesake through the rivers of pure data. Connections were made, used, discarded. From the hotel, she was everywhere the Matrix touched.

By the time Endeavor had finished speaking, and long before the music had started, D0 had identified the vehicle and scanned its node. It was running a version of Aztech’s commlink subsidiary’s OS that was a year out of date. It had current patches, but the underlying architecture was soft. Bursts of code flickered from Death Otter’s silver-glazed ‘paws’ and into the firewall. Errors returned. It choked and entered debug mode. She strangled its cry for tech support and gave the default passcode. The harried software accepted her with digital gratitude, offering up full admin privileges.

A second passed.

Within the car’s node she rekeyed the locks and anti-theft, and broke open the vehicle registry, coding in a fraudulent bill of sale to the SIN that Endeavor had specified. Anyone who checked on that in detail would be able to figure it out…but it would take time, and by then she’d have changed the car’s AccessID and GridID. Unless the car was physically apprehended and inspected…they’d get away with it.

By the time she sent the music, it was already done.

In meatspace, just as the music hit its first crescendo, the car’s lights blinked on and off, and the doors unlocked.

Death Otter’s cartoon avatar appeared in Endeavor’s AR and shot a couple of laser beams from its cybereye at the car. “Pew pew,” it said…then vanished.

The car’s node signaled Endeavor’s commlink then.

"Thank you, Patricia, for your purchase of the new Rover 2068 sport roadster! Step inside your new home on and off the road, and I'll introduce you to all the amazing things you can do here. The book icon in your AR will let you download the full manual, with detailed specifications and instructions, and if you have any questions I can't answer, I'll be more than happy to notify our on-call staff!"

Rolls made in Krul's presence. 9 successes on the first Exploit roll...sufficient for the car's rather lackluster node. No IC defending it. 3 successes on the roll to reassign its ownership records.

"Thank you." Endeavor said, opening the door and stepping in like she owned the vehicle. And she practically did.

"Okay... first check inside for sleeping runners..." she whispered, looking into the back seats and sweeping for potential bad days waiting to greet her...

This is where I need some info...
What do I see when I step inside?

Ray was easy to find. Women were circling him like sharks, swinging into his vision, putting themselves on display, and waiting for him to choose them. It was pathetic and sad that they thought they had a chance, Saori mused as she ignored the chum-pool and approached the bar at the halfway point between Ray and the corner of the bar. Saori tossed her hair back with a shake of her head, sending her black hair spilling down her back. She angled against the bar just so that her waist looked even smaller.

Ray noticed her before the bartender had a chance to take her order. As such, she could feel his eyes lingering on her and assessing her as the strikingly pretty tender finally stopped in front of her. Despite looking a bit tired in the press of bodies, the plump mestizo was far more attentive to Saori than the man she’d just helped. Sadly, Ray was her target, not pretty bartenders.

The fish was quickly hooked, sliding away from his spot and moving to stand behind Saori. When she turned, he was already there. “Natalie,” he purred, “welcome to Tenochtitlan.”

Saori let her happy-going-clubber smile slip a bit. “Wait…. How do you know my name?”

“You caught my eye. Your very visage tempted me. I had to know who you were.” He smiled like that line worked all the time. Saori was sure it did, on some women.

“Oh! Okay. I guess you looked me up on the Matrix.” ‘Natalie’ beamed at him, as if were natural for men to do searches on her before speaking with her.

“I did. I see you are working on a movie.” Ray smiled at her.

“I am, but before we get into that, can I have your name?” Natalie beamed brightly at Ricardo, as happy to have attention on her as a puppy or any dimwitted creature.

“Ricardo.” The roll of his ‘r’s’ was like listening to some kind of trilling bird and Natalie looked impressed by his vocal effort. “Now, what is this about a movie?”

“It’s Crimson Death. It’s about a group of college students who go to Tenochtitlan for spring break, take a tour into the country and end up waking a sleeping Infected. He goes to town on them, of course.” Natalie’s word poured out of her in a well-rehearsed blurb, clearly said to people many times before.

"It's called Crimson Death." Red flashed a charming, razor sharp grin at Victoria as the skimpily-dressed corp secretary leaned in closer, her eyes never leaving his face. "As a production it has everything: nubile teens, a sensual monster, lots of blood and nudity. We're going back to the basics of horror filming pioneered last century: to titillate the audience with scandalous immorality and then apply the heavy-handed morality play. Very retro."

"I love retro." Ms Gracia said breathily, her accent and contralto voice calculated to inflame the male loins. She seemed to say a lot of things breathily, Red noted with some amusement. During her day job, she was probably all prim and proper, the latest corp fashions placing their boundaries on her world. At night, Victoria seemed to like to let her hair down and prowl.

Red could relate.

"So you are an actor in this Crimson Death?" the woman said, her interest piqued. Red nodded.

"Don't tell anyone, but..." he leaned close, prompting a similar movement from Victoria, who shivered as his lips grazed her ear. She'd have been shivering more if she'd known that Red was two nano-seconds of self-control away from her carotid. "I'm the monster." he murmured in a low, intimate voice. She shivered again and drew back, then laughed.

"You are, are you?" she retorted flirtatiously, laughing again. "And what type of monster are you?"

"The kind nobody knows is there, until it's too late." Red smiled again, enjoying himself now that the hunt was on.

"Oooh, mysterious, Mister Lucien Hunt." the woman all but purred. "So who is your favorite victim?"

"Call me Lucien. And we're not done casting yet." 'Lucien Hunt' shrugged. "We're looking for the right type of girls: pretty, a variety of figure types, metatypes and ethnicities, and of course they have to be able to act afraid. It's harder than many people think, to be truly terrified. And they have to have good screams."

"Screams?" Victoria quirked an eyebrow, smiling. Red nodded.

"Oh indeed. A good, hair-raising scream is essential for the part." He paused and smiled wickedly at her. "I bet you could scream beautifully, Victoria."

"Oh, you are a monster." she giggled. "The way you say such things."

"I am." Red affected a mock-shamed expression, then winked at her and raised a hand to order another drink, using the visual distraction of his raised hand to take attention from the fact that his other hand was tipping most of his current drink out onto the carpet under the booth's table.

"I really am."

Streets

It didn't take Endeavor more then a look to confirm that the vehicle was presently empty and that there was not really left inside, so it was going to be easy to just take the ride and go.

Potency of Blood

Both of the targets, Ricardo and Victoria were quite well ensnared within the web that was being built by Saori and the Red, drawing the two of them into their circle, each of them independent of the other building their own web.

Ricardo drew closer to Saori as she downplayed her intelligence, as close as she would let him, close enough to slide an arm around her waist and respond to her words. "So, blood, sex and violence, the usual combination of such movies, did you come to the Potency of Blood because you were seeking more of the same, or some other reason?" Given the slightest encouragement he would move them onto the floor for a bit of dancing and then to one of the more private rooms for a bit of more personal interactions... and it was possible that he might even be willing to take her home with him, if she chose to go that route.

Meanwhile across the room, Red was putting the moves on Victoria as she laughed at his wit, completely unaware that if she really knew what she was dealing with she should be running away screaming.. which would make Red's comments all the more amusing to someone in the know. Of course, just because he was a predator far more dangerous then he appeared, didn't make him any less appealing, only more so, the aura of subtle danger drawing her like a fly to honey..

Endeavor was satisfied at her find, starting the engine, she starts driving back for the penthouse.

>>>>>Otter... I'll want this thing sanitized once I bring her back... I'll be parking
her in the garage and you can set up any false tags you need while I clear the
tags already on her. That and we gotta make sure on first glance this is our ride.

She handles pretty good off road. Shame that we won't be bringing her home with us.

>>>>>Will you want me to breathe too?<<<<< came the amused reply. The amusement was made clear by the little trollface emoticon appended to the message.

>>>>>I've done this sort of thing before. You don't even have to wipe the tags. I'll reprogram the ones that need to reprogrammed. The important part's already handled though. VID and GridID are all anyone looks at until a vehicle is actually entered into evidence, at which point it won't really matter anymore what they see.<<<<<

>>>>>Right... considering what we're doing here I think being caught for GTA isn't the biggest thing we
have to worry about... I will be back at the garage shortly, then.

She sighs, she's been tense about this whole mission and had been getting too paranoid. It was becoming... distracting.

"A secretary?" he feigned disbelief in a over-acted fashion and peered in mock-disbelief over the round rims of his crimson shades at her, making Victoria laugh again. She was laughing a lot, and even though she'd shifted seating to sit right beside the vampire, she was still not wasting any opportunity to lean in closer and press against his arm or hip.

"Corporate assistant." she corrected, propping her chin on his shoulder to breath the words into his ear. "It pays the bills, and the perks are soooo good."

"Oh?" Red feigned polite disinterest, always a good way to goad further explanation. Prick the pride, and let the air within escape...

"Yes." she told him insistently. "My own car, getting to travel with the boss... and I can get a private room here." she finished with a suggestive air. Red smiled and turned his face towards hers so closely that their lips nearly touched.

"That-" he said with a small, wicked smile. "Sounds intimate."

"They are." Victoria replied, her gaze half-lidded as she studied his red eyes. "Soundproofed, cozy, and private."

"Well, then. Lead the way." the vampire told her. She smiled and rose, tugging him to his feet.

"We can order drinks from the room, too." she told him as she looped her arm through his. Red laughed quietly, leaning down to nuzzle his lips against her neck in a gesture she took for playful.

"Oh, I don't think that'll be necessary."

>>>>>Dear River-runner, could you be a darling and ensure that any snooping devices are safely re-routed. Feel free to keep any recordings you wish for educational purposes though.

I know I will be.<<<<<

• 2 weeks later...

Connecting to Red Man's commlink was a small thing. She knew its AccessID of the day. Doing so while concealing her own tracks mildly trickier, but well within her level of expertise. She bounced off a couple of low-security nodes that wouldn't know a spoofed ID if it was double-logged, and spun out a quick proxy to further obfuscate the datatrail before connecting.

Painting a path to Red's commlink wouldn't be a wise idea.

Fortunately, the 'link wasn't a bad one, wasn't a throwaway. It had a good transmitter. From within, she could easily scan the entire room at once.

>>>>>I'm on the job. Give me a minute or two for thoroughness.<<<<<

Die rolls

Electronic Warfare + Scan to to general search for hidden nodes within Signal (5), within the room. Extended test with 1 combat round interval, requiring 15 successes.

SalmonMax *rolls* 11d6: 5+2+2+1+3+6+1+5+1+4+5: 35
[salmonMax] 7:01 pm: Need to make a few rolls. Don't mind me.
SalmonMax *rolls* 11d6: 3+5+4+4+3+4+2+1+3+6+1: 36
SalmonMax *rolls* 11d6: 5+6+6+6+4+1+4+2+4+6+6: 50
SalmonMax *rolls* 11d6: 2+6+3+3+6+3+4+1+4+3+5: 40
[salmonMax] 7:01 pm: So...4 combat rounds...

Hacking + Spoof to conceal datatrail when connecting remotely to Red Man's commlink.

SalmonMax *rolls* 12d6: 5+6+5+3+6+6+1+2+4+5+2+1: 46
[salmonMax] 7:06 pm: 6...nice.

• 2 weeks later...

“Honestly, I was just looking for a party so I could forget my troubles.” Saori played out the line a little, hoping the fishie would bite. She leaned against him a bit, her body language accepting his intrusion into her personal space.

“I think I can help you with that.” Ricardo took her drink from her hand and set it on the counter, then led her onto the dance floor. Once there, he pulled her close and pressed both of her hands to his bare chest. Saori was sure it was so that she could feel his rock-hard muscles. She wasn’t impressed, but ‘Natalie’ was, making a moue of delight when her hands touched him. Meanwhile, he had grabbed her firmly by the ass and was using his grip to grind against her. He was, of course, predictably already erect.

They danced for a time, with Ricardo grinding against her. His hands moved across her body until he was holding her by the waist with one arm while the fingers of the other hand were delving under her dress. Saori let him; he was gentler than she liked, but the professional had no issue with utilizing a few mind tricks to give him what he wanted. He wasn’t bad at this, she admitted to herself as she imagined that the fingers were slimmer and more feminine. The fantasy worked, and Ricardo grinned with victory when she gasped and shuddered against him. The proud Aztecian withdrew his fingers and stuck them in his mouth, sucking them clean. “How is that?”

“A very good start to forgetting my problem.” ‘Natalie’ sighed happily and leaned against him a bit more.

“Just a good start?” Ricardo snorted. “It must be quite a problem.”

“Well…” The Asian runner stared to the side, frowning. “It’s that if we don’t find the right location, the whole movie is tanked.” Saori had tossed out a bit more line – would he give her the opening to start prying about locations?

Death Otter & Red
Playing with the matrix with her usual fine tough, it took Death Otter several minutes to fully get everything just the way she wanted it, but soon enough she was able to set the the parameters to just the way she wanted them, and fit into the request that Red made. It was not all that long before she was able to confirm to Red that everything he requested was in place.
Meanwhile, even as DO did her work, Red got his target alone in one of the rooms in the club, with several moments before he would be free to do whatever he might please, as the seductive monster that he was.
Saori
As she danced with her chosen target and used her wiles on him, her prompting had exactly the result that she desired. “Ah, well, I have some contacts of my own within my lovely nation here, if you gave me some indication of what sort of locations you are looking for, I believe I could provide a location or two that would work. I might even have some sites recorded online back at my suite” And give him more time with her, to take things where he wanted too.
Shae
As Red and Saori did their work, Shae was doing a very good job of being a distraction on the dance floor, and had attracted a good bit of attention of her own, but was also proving to be fairly good at evading anything other then dance partners.
Endeavor
Meanwhile, as all of this was going on, Endeavor was easily able to put her newly acquired ride where she wanted it without any trouble, there was nothing all that unusual going on there, other then whatever she might chose to do next.
Others
At the same moment, Ryan and Method continued to play chess as they waited for their information gathered to give them a reason to move, with Viktoriya pacing around being a bit bored and deciding what she was going to do next.

Walking into the complex where Method and Ryan were, she takes the elevator up to the penthouse, to meet back up with them. Walking in, she takes her gasmask off, setting it next to her gear as well as her coat. "Well, we got a ride nice and clean, boys and girls, thanks to the Otter. Extra mussels for ya."

She grinned. "Now... comes the matter of waiting..."

Massaging her chin she looked to Ryan and Method. "Any ideas on how to get the rest of our swag off my plane?"

Flopping into a couch, she cleaned her dress shoes. "Now, I think I might switch to the suit if we do a little pickup in-person. Then again, my Plane can turn invisible and I can park it near where we need to go. Amazing what you can do with a program or two. Or park it where we can get to it easy... for the next leg of this trip."

She steepled her fingers. She knew for a fact no one thought of setting up some sort of black-courier to deliver their goods to wherever they were going to shack up. To bring it up here though would only invite Method's wrath.

"Any ideas from your collective camps?"

• 3 weeks later...

“Oh, could you?” Saori let the question be both suggestive and hopeful. “My, I didn’t expect that you’d be so helpful.”

“What, I haven’t been helpful enough for you so far?” he asked, drawing the fingers he’d used to pleasure he down her cheek to her jaw.

“Oh, you’ve been quite accommodating. I just didn’t think I’d find someone who could do so much for me.” ‘Natalie’ kissed him with enthusiasm as she wrapped arms around his neck. “All right, let’s go. I’m eager to see these locations!” Saori had no qualms about being alone with him. SeTeheron would follow, and D0 was still monitoring everything. And even if there were an issue, it was a fine line between ‘danger’ and ‘a fun night on the town’ for her.

Ricardo made a call on his phone, telling someone to have his car at the door. ‘Natalie’ was predictably impressed by his casual display of power, taking arm when offered and letting him walk her toward the door.

Saori was working her magic to perfection, the mark was completely taken in by her act, it appeared, and once both of them were in the limo, he pulled out a bottle of wine and offered to fill her a glass if she wished... regardless he would fill one himself and then lean back and slowly drink his wine as they moved to his dwelling.
“So, if you would, miss, send your location criteria to my commlink and I’ll pass it on to the home computer system, and we’ll have a display of excellent locations here in my country for you by the time we arrive.” It was also something that DO would be able to use to jump ahead to the destination, and check the net in that location, if he was serious about his suggestion, and chances were that he was.

Archived