[Shadowrun] Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Krul

Time: 1753 (5:53 PM - less 1/2 an hour to sundown for those folks it matters) January 7, 2075

Weather: Hazy from Smog, temperature 70 degrees, some clouds

The flight, such as it was took several hours, hours that let the team discuss, banter and nap as they desired, but eventually the plane would land once again in a small airport outside the city proper, but still part of the urban sprawl that was Tenochititan. The city was heavy with smog and haze, much like the travel documents indicated, in some places the smoke was heavy enough that it had a presence in the astral, something that couldn't be good from the viewpoint of those who understood such things. In astral the city was more healthy then one might expect, but smog was having a negative affect on the whole. Matrix wise, glittering signs and the like showed the extremely strong influence of the Aztechnology Megacorp, and a number of the various nodes and such had an Aztec theme.

There were some interesting sights to see here, but the team wasn't here for sightseeing, no the purpose at this point was to find their targets and extract whatever information they could before moving on.

This has no affect on the adepts, but the mana of the city is aspected toward the Aztec tradition, 2-3 in the better districts, 0-1 in the more run-down areas of the sprawl, this has no affect on anyone but Shae and Red, whose magic it will affect.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shae disembarked from the plane with a little hop, stretching her arms upward and yawning. She'd spent the flight learning everything she could about the city, the languages, and what she'd be dealing with on the astral side of things. Her face scrunched up at the grubby, bloody feel the city gave off, but then they didn't usually get sent to paradise locations when were, as Method had pointed out early on in the flight, 'on the company dime'. Still stretching as she made way for the others behind her, she presented her visa when asked and generally made her way through the maze of airport security with the ease of a seasoned traveler.

"So," she glanced back at her team, "food and somewhere to sleep for the night first, then some sightseeing?"

Sakurako was a bit annoyed. The pollution in the area created a need for IFR all the way in. Not hard at all for her but she knew she would be coughing and hacking up a lung. She went over to her first case and grabbed her business ensemble, her chemsuit if it starts doing a classic acid rain episode, and her gas mask and changed her clothing in the cockpit with the door closed after landing. It didn't take long before she came back out with the case wearing a basic black business suit. She had her yellowish chemsuit under one arm, But she had on her armored raincoat on as well. She stepped out, the smoggy air starting to burn her nose. She presented her credentials, before putting her mask on and hooking a airline from her coat to it. But not before coughing a few times on the dirty air. It was obvious she wasn't used to this level of pollution.

"Ugh... this is gonna be rough." In fact after she started coughing and putting her mask on a guard offered to help her to one of the little trolleys for moving luggage around. "Miss, you seem to be having a bad time of it..."

"No... nothing I'm not prepared for." She said in sperethiel to his confusion. "Oh... you know english?" She asked and the guard nodded. "Ah, assistance is not required."

The guard shrugged as Sakurako moved along. She caught up with Shae. She spoke in Sperethiel. "I'm up for that. Talking about food and lodging, correct? Oh... and I think people might start asking if I have a guardian. Mind covering that role or what should I do?"

"This is the part I hate, playing the child." She whispered.

This place, the astral aura reminds me of... of... The thought, like most fragments of memory from Before, trailed off and went nowhere, but the sense of familiarity remained as Red emerged from the back compartment of the plane and glanced through one of the polarised viewports. The sun was low on the horizon, just poking between the hazy smog cloud and the skyline of Tenochtitlan. It would likely not inconvenience him overmuch, but still, why suffer when one did not have to? A whisper of a language long-dead and a spell was woven into place, dampening and deadening the effects of the hated rays on his flesh.

Caution was admirable, but only a very foolish or weak vampire actually feared the sun. Of course, Red viewed most of those who were not magically active in some way as weaker, deficient in some way, though he seldom felt the need to discuss it: he didn't feel the need to discuss why oranges were orange or gravity pulled people down, either. Smiling faintly, he turned to the others still in the cabin.

"Time to put our expenses to good use." he said with a smirk. The vampire had packed away his habitual crimson garb for now, instead donning an old-fashioned tailored black suit that flattered his tall lanky frame and nearly matched the raven length of his combed back hair. A crimson shirt and cravat added a splash of brighter colour to the ensemble, as did the ruby-like buttons on the dusk-coloured waistcoat he wore under the suit jacket. "We are movie stars, after all. Now..." Red eyes peered over the round shades at them. "I need some arm candy." A thin elegant finger tapped at his chin as the magus considered, then smiled as he moved gracefully to present an arm each to the Russian demo expert and the face, giving each a wink.

"Ladies, shall we?"

Death Otter glanced at Endeavor and shrugged.

"You're part of the crew. Just stick with us and keep your head down. We'll cover if anyone tries to talk to you."

From her suitcase she took out a little clipboard, with a few pages of electronic paper on it. The flexible display sheets promptly filled with data that would be of interest to a production company. Local hotels and rates. Names of tourist agencies and services. Catering. Local laws and ordnances involving land use and trid making. She took both suitcases with her then, including the empty one, and switched her SIN to show her name was 'Poppy.'

"Who's our director?" she asked then, glancing at Method and Saori.

"Time to put our expenses to good use." he said with a smirk. The vampire had packed away his habitual crimson garb for now, instead donning an old-fashioned tailored black suit that flattered his tall lanky frame and nearly matched the raven length of his combed back hair. A crimson shirt and cravat added a splash of brighter colour to the ensemble, as did the ruby-like buttons on the dusk-coloured waistcoat he wore under the suit jacket. "We are movie stars, after all. Now..." Red eyes peered over the round shades at them. "I need some arm candy." A thin elegant finger tapped at his chin as the magus considered, then smiled as he moved gracefully to present an arm each to the Russian demo expert and the face, giving each a wink.,,

"Ladies, shall we?"

Viktoriya made a sound, then, that only a few of those currently travelling with her had heard before, one which seemed completely at odds with the stoic mien she wore when she was, as Method put it, 'on the clock.' Normally, the rich, unrestrained sound that flooded the cabin of the plane and pealed outward would've been called 'laughter,' and the curious shape of her lips and crinkling of her catlike eyes a 'smile,' but both seemed so alien, so utterly foreign, that most of her companions would simply call them 'surreal.'

Tucking the matchbox and slim metal tubes Method had given her safely inside the interior pocket of her coat, the tiny blonde shook her platinum head in amusement at the perhaps unintended jest. "Ah, красный! Only you could say such things. It is almost, hmm. Charming?" she asked rhetorically, grinning bemusedly up at the vampiric terror. That he might actually decide to snack on them one day, savoring their deaths like a connoisseur sipping dessert cordials or gorging himself like an obese child at an all-you-can-eat cake buffet, didn't seem to trouble her in the least. "But!" she added, sliding one hand around his arm and reclaiming her leatherbound case with the other, "only almost."

,, ,,

"красный" means both "red" and "beautiful" in Russian.

;)

Death Otter glanced at Endeavor and shrugged.

"You're part of the crew. Just stick with us and keep your head down. We'll cover if anyone tries to talk to you."

From her suitcase she took out a little clipboard, with a few pages of electronic paper on it. The flexible display sheets promptly filled with data that would be of interest to a production company. Local hotels and rates. Names of tourist agencies and services. Catering. Local laws and ordnances involving land use and trid making. She took both suitcases with her then, including the empty one, and switched her SIN to show her name was 'Poppy.'

Sakurako actually smiled, moving over to DO. "Seems legit." She thought. Happy her old identity of Patricia Kaku was easily changed to being a 13 year old elf. Of course the constant monitoring of her identity to keep it clean was annoying. Particularly the bill. Her fixer was "family" in a way, but she has to pull her own weight. Luckily this run should pay the bills sweetly.

"So... who can roleplay being a director? We need someone that can play the 'artiste' type... either that or a film school student making a film for finals..." she mentally texts over her comlink.

She mentally released a sigh of relief, remembering that her pistol was ceramic and getting past security was a breeze, particularly with it in a concealable holster in her blazer. The coat helped.

The day Phantom couldn't get past customs with a few hidden weaponry, was the day he'd shoot himself in shame. 'Andre Kastor', director extraordinaire and snooty man of culture, brushed off his clothing, snatched up the clipboard from 0tter suddenly, then fixed Sakurako and Death 0tter with a supercilious glare.

"Both of you, get in the back. Stage crew doesn't get in the way of stars now. Move it!"

The trick was, whether you did or not, to look like you belonged. The guys here were trained to spot suspicious behavior and Trolls, even fomori, were always pegged as suspicious. He approached the counter and tapped up a few AROs on his commlink, allowing airport customs access to his PAN. The clerk looked over the information and compared it to the incoming flight logs.

"Mr. Preacher." The clerk looked straight ahead and then his neck slowly arced upward. Method nodded once to greet the gawker. "Part of film crew. And how long will you be staying, sir?"

"I'm just the guy who carries the equipment." He said politely, a slight smirk on his face. They both shared a laugh. "I was told no more than a week, the studio usually makes the arrangements if there are any delays in the filming and we need longer. We did a piece in Hawaii last summer, went four days over and I have to admit, I didn't mind a bit." Again, the two shared a laugh.

"There are others, yes?" The agent asked.

"Yes, yes." He nodded. "If you need to go over us all at once, I can step to the side." Text book agreeable and polite. Method had done this more times than he could count. A majority of these guys were underpaid and under appreciated. As long as you didn't piss them off, they were your best friends. Method motioned behind him to the rest of the 'crew' and waved the first of them up then politely stepped off to the side. If only he was this nice all the time...

"Time to put our expenses to good use," he said with a smirk. The vampire had packed away his habitual crimson garb for now, instead donning an old-fashioned tailored black suit that flattered his tall lanky frame and nearly matched the raven length of his combed back hair. A crimson shirt and cravat added a splash of brighter colour to the ensemble, as did the ruby-like buttons on the dusk-coloured waistcoat he wore under the suit jacket. "We are movie stars, after all. Now..." Red eyes peered over the round shades at them. "I need some arm candy." A thin elegant finger tapped at his chin as the magus considered, then smiled as he moved gracefully to present an arm each to the Russian demo expert and the face, giving each a wink.,,

"Ladies, shall we?"

Saori looked up from her datapad; she hadn’t moved out of the seat of the plane, waiting for everyone else to grab their things and get out of her way. At Red’s words, she rose and pulled her wheeled luggage out of its cubby, removed a wrapped bundle and put it back in the cubby, out of sight. Then she angled over to Red’s side, pulling her case behind her, and slipped a hand over his arm.

He could smell her, her blood and her fear as she touched him. Red’s grin deepened at her casual demeanor, for he knew that the adept was so very afraid of him. Why she was afraid was a question that had remained unanswered between them. It could be his ability to steal her life, or her magic; it could be that she simply didn’t want to die screaming under his fangs. His only clue was the twinned smell of arousal with the fear. Her body always produced both pheromones when she was in close proximity to the red nightmare.

“One can simply not be without one’s eye candy,” Saori agreed, swaying a little so that she brushed against the vampire’s lean form the way whore-eyecandy should.

The three of them remained arm in arm as they strolled through the airport, following Method’s extreme bulk. When it was her turn at the counter, she passed over her SIN for Natalie Cho, giving the agent a dazzling smile. “You must be an actress,” he told her, his eyes straying over the cut-outs in her dress.

“I wish. I’m just here to help with PR.” ‘Natalie’ didn’t completely let go of the vampire at her side, giving the distinct impression that she might have been trying to boost her own PR by hanging on the talent. “Someone else is going to get turned into a vampire in the shower in the third act. Which is a shame, because then you’d see my tits.”

“What’s the name of the trid again?” The agent was suddenly much more interested in their movie than he had been.

“Working title is Crimson Death. Thanks for the interest!” ‘Natalie’ took her SIN back with a smile and moved out of the way. As the others filtered forward, she looked ahead, peering through the crowd and wondering where SeTeheron had gone.

"Ahhh, охотница, it is as well I am not charming, mmm?" Red replied in his flawless, if somewhat antiquated Russian. It wasn't so much the words as the way he used them, something a scholar of languages would note as an upper-class, aristocratic accent that the Rodina would have seen little of in just under two centuries. A real scholar of languages would note that the Red Man's accent was odd even for those times...

"For charm is only skin-deep." he told the blonde sharpshooter with the air of one confiding a secret. "If I were charming, how could you ever trust me?" His crimson gaze locked with Viktoriya's over his shades, shards of fractured light dancing with mad humor in the darkness at the center of his eyes as he smiled conspiratorially. Saori cozied up, and the vampire straightened before walking with his 'arm candy' through the arrivals lounge, plainly enjoying his identity as a B-movie star. Saori's helpless fear-and-arousal mixture was just spice on the candy, especially since she never flirted with him. She went so far as to keep her distance... unless the job called for closer proximity, at which time she was a consummate professional. And under the surface, she was trembling the whole time with those repressed urges. Red wondered when, or if, she'd ever allow a crack to appear in that perfect varnished surface. Perhaps someday he'd scratch the veneer and see what lay underneath.

Or maybe he'd just the inner drama of her own psyche play out. Both ways were fun.

"Mr Lucien Hunt?" the clerk asked the slim black-clad figure as his AR display interrogated the SIN / Visa combination, his eyes somewhat reluctant to leave the sashaying Saori as she moved past, but business was business. "Welcome to Tenochtitlan. Location scouting, it says here?"

"We're looking for a place with verve, zest, the old zeitgeist." Red told him with a broad, but artfully fangless smile as he shook hands, his manner expansive and friendly. "You met my... PR consultant. I noticed." he added confidentially.

"I did. I mean, yes." the clerk nodded in the face of the charm offensive, smiling slightly. It was amazing, considering what a raw-nerve-grating asshole Red was most of the time, how personable he could be. And vaguely worrying, too.

"I know." Red said, leaning close so he could murmur in the man's ear. "She likes you, I can tell. Goes crazy for officials in uniforms. Ker-ray-zee. Like...wow." He clapped the bemused man on the shoulder and moved on past, smiling widely as he sauntered unhurriedly to catch up to the others.

Shae was "innocently" wandering the tourist area, stopping here and there to look at the cheap crap that always filled up airports. Her eyes roved over the landscape, though, taking in the sounds and sights and putting together an initial feel for Aztlan. So far it reminded her of Red, and not in the flirtatious fun way she used to give her aunt grief with. The place felt....not quite violent, but still bloody and grimy. Hopefully they'd be able to do what they needed to here and be back in the pristine greenness of home quickly.

She picked up a hand-held translator and a glossy, interactive atlas that included little tidbits of history along with restaurant and shopping recommendations with each area. She found a bench near the processing area and took up a perch there, flipping through the atlas like any bored teen or twenty-something waiting on others in an airport, but she wasn't running music from her commlink or on a dozen different feed lines with friends around the globe. She actually was studying the atlas and looking for a specific set of attributes in the hundreds of locations clammoring for her attention from the electronic paper.

Once the rest of them were through the gates, she bounded up and made her way over. Grinning like...well, like a kid on vacation, she loudly declared in not-quite valley girl English, "Okay, so, I've found like six places we just have to go. And they have this tour thing, for going to the old Mexican government buildings, and one for the best restaurants in the city..." She continued chatting on, just like some young, air-headed intern/screen candy of an under-budget and completely unknown tri-vid company would, but the places marked on the map - the ones done with smiley faces instead of the other half-dozen markers that were just there for show - were possible locations to set up a base of operations. They all had the minimum required security, access, and privacy they needed to run an operation, with the different expressions of the faces telling her teammates little details about each location to help them choose without having a long, drawn-out conversation over the 'links. "So," she bubbled to the group, "where'd'ja want to start?"

Krul?
Not sure if I need to make a roll for that or what it would be, mostly it was just something (hopefully) useful for Shae to be doing while everyone else was getting processed through customs. Lemme know and I'll make the roll. :)

At the customs line, Death Otter didn't have to work very hard to achieve the world-weary ennui that afflicted any sane person who had to keep a gaggle of insane ones marginally in touch with reality. The customs official scanned her SIN and eyed the others, who seemed more interesting than a bored-looking elf.

"Welcome to Aztlan," he said as the credentials checked out clean. "What is the duration and nature of your stay?"

"About a week," Otter replied in a distracted monotone as she fiddled with her commlink. "Production assistant for Crimson Death."

The official nodded and updated her SIN with the appropriate data. He then asked, "What does that mean, anyway?" Maybe he was being chummy, maybe curious, maybe it was a test.

'Poppy,' gave him a hollow stare, then shrugged and put her 'link away. "Imagine the best job you could ever think of...with lots of free food, and celebrities all over the place, and helping make things that really make people happy. Then strip away all the unnecessary stuff like...good pay, dignity, self-esteem, benefits, and any kind of positive work environment." She paused, and added, "And then, uh, forget the free food, no celebrities, and no one watches anything we make."

She favored the customs man with a humorless smile. "But thanks for asking."

D0 caught up with the others in time to hear Shae's question and flagged one of the entries.

"This place is a little ways out, so the traffic won't be bad, it's got some space, a nice view, and it's still close enough to get downtown reasonably fast."

When Endeavor presented her ID to the man at the desk, after being waved in by Method, she smiled. "Patricia Kaku. Cast, Crew, and their pilot..."

The guard qurked his eyebrow, looking over the Elf girl. "You're a bit young to be a pilot, or actor..."

Sakurako narrowed her eyes, pointing to a small entry on her ID. More of the fact her original plan had to be modified. "Know what that condition is?"

The Guard scratched his head. "It means I'm stuck like this. Until the day I die."

A couple other guards look at her then the id readout before one of the uards looks up the condition on his comlink. "Alright... it checks. Anthing to declare?"

Sakurako sighed. "Nope."

"Alright."

Sakurako is waved through once she gets her identification back. She adjusts her mask as she rejoins otter. "Well... let's get going. The sooner I get into a climate contolled building with filtered air, the better."

Teach made his way to the counter, and nodded, about the only human show of acknowledgment he could still do. He opened up his Pan to show one of the two SIN he maintained, this one a legal activities one, Identifying him as Leonard Tucker.

"And you're part of the crew as well, sir?"

"I'm the action and stunt coordinator."

The man at the desk seemed stunned by this, and the green lens just looked right at him. "Something I can do for you?"

The attendant shook off his mild shock at someone so integrated with machinery, and shook his head. "Anything to Declare?"

"No."

There was a distinct uncomfortableness, as the clerk finally nodded. "Welcome to Aztlan, Mr, Tucker, please enjoy your visit."

Past customs, Teach rejoined the group. He didn't say much, he was used to the stares of others by now.

Shae managed to indeed find a few places that would be useful, and fitting for whatever the group was planning while still maintaining their cover as a film crew, but one of them was ideal for Saori's purposes, being closer to the high end clubs in the city, some of which were more exciting and risque then others, but she had already been looking at targets for this mission and picked out a club that several of them attended regularly.

There were no further issues with security, the team had come up with a fairly good reason to be in the city and the interest they had drawn was security checking out the hot guys and chicks, and some of them showing off a bit. That also distracted security from making to much of a issue about the wierd cyborg or huge troll, one of whom seemed to be working as a loader and carrier and the other one as some kind of security for the film crew.

Soon enough the crew got themselves transport to the hotel, perhaps the team might have tried to find a rival company, but in Tenochititlan, everything was owned by either the goverment or by the Aztechnology Megacorp, which in these parts, was essentially the same. Still, they were able to find a low key but exotic hotel to stay in that wasn't too far from the major clubs and more affluent parts of the city.. 'Song of the Moon'

It appeared that the hotel doubled as restaurant specializing in Mexican foods with exoticly dressed waiters both male and female, but considering the location also a brothel, and legal at that, not uncommon in the 6th age, there was a offer of companionship to each of the members of the group with their rooms.

I'm moving things forward, you folks had no real trouble with security here, you came up with a fairly good reason to be here that does require a lot of check up.

I'm going with a logic + area knowledge (Tenochititan) test here, of course, shae doesn't have that skill, but I gave a bonus for using the map

Malachite *rolls* 6d6: 1+2+1+5+4+5: 18 - 2 hits, and it was an easy test, you only needed 1 hit.

"Here's your access code to the room." the concierge chirped happily, her perky demeanour fitting the equally perky breasts currently playing peekaboo behind the moving images on her semi-transparant blouse. "A fine double."

"A double?" 'Lucien Hunt' raised an eyebrow, his manner going from amused to condescending. "No-no-no. A double won't do. I want the penthouse."

"I'm sorry, sir, I really am. But the penthouse is occupied by..." she looked both ways and leaned conspiratorially over the counter. "... Dash Juarez."

"Who?" Red blinked, then looked the name up on his commlink. It sounded familiar... "Oh, him. The guy who plays the brooding vampire in that godawful show?"

"Yes, isn't he wonderful?" the concierge squeaked happily. Red wondered if her neck would squeak like that if he unscrewed her head, and pursued an idle fantasy of doing just that, then kicking it through the door.

"Hardly. Nevertheless, I want the penthouse." he sighed, abandoning fancies of mayhem for the moment.

"Quite impossible sir, you see..." she stopped as a pale finger reached out and hovered in front of her eyes. She looked up into the red irises that now peered from behind the shades, and all of a sudden all she could see was red eyes.

"You want to give me the penthouse." Red intoned, a curious timbre to his voice.

"I... Want to give you the penthouse." the girl agreed semi-mechanically. Red grinned a thin white grin, his teeth gleaming though he was, as always, careful not to show fang.

"You also want to kick Dash Juarez out because he's a total douche who couldn't out-act a second-rate porn extra, and there have been complaints about bestiality."

"I... also want to kick Dash Juarez out because he's a total douche who couldn't out-act a second-rate porn extra, and there have been complaints about bestiality." the girl said, then blinked as Red lowered his finger, her eyes losing the dreamy look they'd had. Her fingers started working on the AR display in front of her.

"Just one moment, Mr Hunt. I'll have your penthouse for you soon. I need to remove the previous occupant due to some... irregularities. Please, enjoy our lounge while you wait." she smiled at him, and Red bowed his head.

"Who wouldn't wait for such a woman as you, senorita?" he said extravagantly, kissing the woman's hand before he turned moved off to the lounge. As he left, the other could hear him muttering a few choice vulgarities about Dash Juarez.

I was talking to Krul about this in chat, but I think he fell asleep. I couldn't contain myself, so let me know if you want any rolls done, Krul. :D

By the time Red got upstairs to sample the pleasures of the penthouse, Death Otter was already there. She must've seen the reservation change as it happened, then scooted up there while they got Red the key. Keys were a formality for her.

After getting shooed off the big master bed by a vampire and his 'arm candy,' she retreated to the patio outside, where she sat crosslegged up on the table with a tall glass of something pink and fizzy, and stared glassily up at the spectacular smoky sunset of Tenochtitlan...but saw none of it. Her mind was enmeshed in the Matrix. There, the pyramids were a thousand feet high, drawn in lines of burning fire and neon lightning. Smaller nodes orbited like flies around elephants, competing for their little chunks of whatever dungpiles Aztech left behind.

Death Otter scoped the nodes from afar, sampling their security without trying to test them. She dove deeper then, to the shadowy places of the Matrix where hackers and crackers delved behind spoofed access IDs and dummy node-tags. She didn't try to make contact with anyone, just surfed through the Undernet to get a feel for who was who and what was what. There'd be time to make friends and enemies soon enough. She just didn't want to look like a total newcomer to town when that time came.

Teach chuckled, and then tamped it down, hoping that little bit of showmanship on Red's part didn't cost too much in the long run. The hotel would sweep it under, though that clerk was probably going to have a real hard time over it, if he even managed to keep his job. Inwardly he sighed, there wasn't going to be alot to do for him for now. No, his part would come when things went to shit, as they invariably did in runs like this.

The customs official didn't spend much time looking over 'Andre Kastor.' All Phantom had to do was use an appropriate amount of arrogance and sneering, and the official didn't want to get sucked in, already primed for typecasting by 'Poppy' the poor stagehand. A elven prick, a talentless hack obviously, with a domineering and oversized sense of importance in order to maintain his self image. A horror to work for. And doomed for failure eventually.

It got him through.

The resturant, hotel and brothel combination was sinfully tempting... but work. Red's mental manipulations of the concierge drew an eyebrow, but it was already done, and on some things, Red's quirks may have been excessive yet not worth getting stuck on - especially in the mission itself. The hotel would suffer... but who knew?

Maybe the clerk would invent some evidence, enough to secure certainty, given her obvious need to rationalize this decision process afterward. Maybe she could convince the staff she was acting in the best interests of the hotel's reputation. Didn't matter now. Phantom had for himself a nice but single room, not too overdone. Elegance more over opulence.

He paced over to stand near where Red sat, tilting his head. "Cast and crew hold our meeting in the penthouse then?"

Red grinned and led the party all the way up to the luxurious penthouse once they were informed it was ready. Phantom could catch far down along the away the sound of someone being argumentative, male and young. Probably Dash Juarez.

As Death Otter went to work, she was able, with consider effort, to find and isolate every one of the bugs and hidden digital cameras within the penthouse suite, considering what likely went on up here, someone must have been a major voyeur, either within the inn itself, or within the security staff who regularly made sure everything went smoothly in the hotel. Of course, it was a brothel as well, perhaps they were simply making sure that they were properly paid for what the customers requested.

In any case, rather then just short them out, which would make for all sorts of suspicion that the team wouldn't want drawn down on themselves, Death Otter instead chose to take the wiser route and using some of the files she had on her team mates, in considerable different poses with and without clothing, she was able to fill in the wholes with plenty of interesting activity with the Red and the girls, and his guests.. and just when she was satisfied with her work.. she touched something in the matrix, a strangeness she hadn't see all that commonly..

Within enough time to say 'oh shit' something that she hadn't detected rose out of the code..

In appearance, it was a swarm of geometric polygonal shapes, thousands of tiny rotating and shifting polygons swarming around each other like bees, and they spoke to her..

"Self Designation: ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐ "

"Detecting interface Access Inefficient, uncertainty.. node redesign lacking in proper aesthetics..Resonance Entity?!

01010011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100001 01100011 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01100100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100100 01100101 01110011 01101001 01100111 01101110 00100000 01100010 01111001 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100011 01101111 01100100 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01101111 01101110 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 00100000 01100101 01101110 01110100 01101001 01110100 01111001 [Machine Code Translation: Stop your actions, this node is not for redesign by your code, resonance entity]

The entity began an attack, even as Death Otter immediately ducked the code program sent her way, and sent a program of her own toward the Xenosapient that had it following her instantly, a mild threat to the sort of undoing all of it's hard work. It was a remarkably efficient code program, and the Xenosapient went after her as they jumped though a dozen nodes, away from the hotel, until at last she found herself where she wanted to be.. a node that was designed for artistic work.

Her attempts at this point were trying to distract the entity in several ways, including the creation of a a geometric shape that she thought would catch the artificer Xenosapient's attention.

01001001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00101100 00100000 01100101 01100110 01100110 01101001 01100011 01101001 01100101 01101110 01110100 00101100 00100000 01010010 01100101 01110011 01101111 01101110 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 00100000 01000101 01101110 01110100 01101001 01110100 01111001 00101100 00100000 01100010 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110011 01110100 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101100 01100001 01100011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01100101 01110000 01110100 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100101 01110011 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110100 01101001 01100011 01110011 00101100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110110 01100001 01101100 01101001 01100001 01101110 01110100 00100000 01100101 01100110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01110100 00101110 00101110 [Machine Code Translation: "Interesting, efficient, Resonance Entity, but still lacking in acceptable aesthetics, a valiant effort..]

The entity was distracted for a moment, however, at which point Death Otter made use of a stealth program to try and veil her own code, and before the AI could find her, jumped out of that node.. she hestitated just outside of the node for a moment, the Xenosapient seemed to be still looking for her, but hopefully it would find this node more appealing then returning to the hotel, so she marked the node, so that if she was right she could find it again, it might be useful to know where an AI like this was,she quickly jumped all the way back.. and perhaps to her relief when there was no sign of the AI for several minutes, that could have been much worse.

This is a compilation based on actions and dice rolls in the chat involving Death Otter, starting with a success and a glitch at the same time, what the rest of you know of it is only what she decides to tell you. The use of machine code is sort of trying to present the idea that this thing doesn't think like any metahuman, one's and zeros are it's primary thought processes. The

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐is it's name, which is another such indication of how alien it's thought processes are

"Well... guys... where do we go from here? Any gameplan?"

She sat her case down on the floor, setting her other belongings next to it. She liked the fact the air in there was well filtered. She leaned against a shelf. "I'm sure the first step in all this is intel. By the numbers, of course."

She scratched her head. "Just wondering if anyone needs a bodyguard on this... I mean there's only one Teach here."

"Well, then we got Method... but still, I'd hate sitting around being bored."

Saori had claimed one of the chairs in the room and was consulting her AR again. She glanced at D0 one more time to be sure that they were not being snooped on before she answered Endeavor. “The current plan that Red and I have is to go to a local club frequented by Aztechnology employees. We will learn what we can. Hopefully, that will be the location of the sextant. Otherwise, it will be who we need to find to get that information.”

The slim Asian woman glanced around the room. “I will need to get ready. Before Red and I leave, does anyone need our help?”

“Do you need ours?” Endeavor asked hopefully.

“The day I need a bodyguard to hunt in a club is the day I should retire.” Saori’s tone was belied by her smile at the child-like runner. “Besides, I’ll have Red with me. I should be in far more danger from him than from any of the club patrons.” She glanced at the vampire lounging on the couch. “No offense.”

“I assure you, I took that compliment in the vein it was given.” Red showed her fang when he grinned.

“Last words before I leave to prepare?” Saori’s dark eyes passed over the group, waiting for their comments before she went to transform herself mind, body and soul in Natalie Cho, the desperate little hanger-on who’d screw anyone for what she needed.

Death Otter's eyes popped open, and she got up off the table on the balcony and came inside with the others.

"Okay so...cameras. Mics. All fixed. They have pretty lousy patrolling here, cuz there was a xenoAI lurking in the room's node. Gone now. Should be secure. Let me know if you bring anyone back, so I can scan 'em and put 'em in the slideshow."

She focuses on Saori then and nods.

"Want any Matrix coverage?"

"Yeah," Method spoke up, the deep bass in his voice echoed through the room. "I don't think both you and Red are required. You're the expert, Red is here for magical support. Frankly I think you should take Viktorya and Phantom with you instead to watch your back. There less conspicuous than an eight foot fomori, a vampire with a black and red fetish, a pigmy, albino devil rat and a man cybered to the gills. Just my opinion, but already weary of trying to understand what's going through people's minds."

He set his bags down and started making some calls on his commlink to see about getting their things from customs, surely the foundation would have some pull and if not, they'd just blow up the air port and take their stuff back. "Oh, and retire. Because you're getting body guards. They might not be on your ass, but you will he someone there watching your back. None of us go anywhere alone."

"So I'm not going hunting with Saori as my judas goat?" Red asked mildly. Method glanced at him. The vampire smiled back, all innocence. "I can change into something that isn't black or red."

"Your thing ain't covert intel gathering."

"I can be covert. I'm good at covert. And I could be her bodyguard, as the lady herself suggested. I don't know..." The vampire tapped his chin distractedly, and his smile became sharklike. "I'm getting the distinct impression that I'm an embarrassment to some people around here." He shrugged. "Maybe I'll take the night off... Go for a walk."

Death Otter shrugs. "You guys'll figure it out," she says. "If anyone needs a hack or anything Matrixy, just gimme a comm. I'm gonna sniff around those big Aztech datastores and scope their security meantime."

Endeavor stetched out. "Well, Otter, I might need your help once I adopt a vehicle here... I'll need it's identification changed and spoofed. Perferribly something our size. We need to be able to get around, or at the very least pick red up before sunrise... unless he either has this covered or the smog makes the sun never shine around here..."

She coughs a little. "So I'm thinking some breed of van..." She said, stroking her chin and lookin at the cieling, thinking. Her one eye open looking at the rest of the group.

"Suggestions or countermands?"

“Red is coming to the club.” Saori didn’t raise her voice or sound upset, but she did sound firm as she spoke. “If you wish to send a bodyguard with me that is fine. I do not anticipate needing them. Red is not coming as a guard. He’s coming because he has interrogation techniques that I do not have access to. He’s coming because he needs to eat. He’s coming because as much as I may not like it, he is a hunter of meta-humanity who can find what he’s looking for.” Why was she having to explain herself to Method? Saori considered pointing out to the fomori that this team was not composed of people who had a single ability or task, but she felt like that would be implying he was stupid, which he wasn’t. He knew that Red could do more than advise on magical matters, so why was he making this fuss?

Now Saori gazed at Method with a hint of anger in her eyes. “Phantom or Viktorya are welcome to come, or both, if they prefer. I don’t tell you how to use this team to most effectively kill people, Method. Don’t tell me how to use this team to most effectively interrogate them.”

After arriving in the penthouse, away from the prying eyes of onlookers, the petite blonde detached herself from the vampire's arm and moved a chair out of direct view of the expansive windows. Taking a seat, she produced one of the cigars Method had given her from within her coat, inhaling the scent of aged tobacco appreciatively as she listened to the discussion regarding team composition. Viktoriya had an idea why the big man might have had issues with Red accompanying Saori to the club, particularly since she was sure SeTeheron would also want to go, but she kept her reservations to herself. She had ways of making people talk, certainly, but they were less socially acceptable than that of the others- dislocating joints and twisting limbs the wrong way 'round had a tendency of attracting the wrong sorts of attention in a casual, public setting.

"You both are correct," she interjected evenly, tucking the cigar away again as her glimmering cat's eyes roved from the imposing fomori to the tiny Asian beauty; she would enjoy it later, when they had actually accomplished something that merited indulgence. "We are professionals, da? We have several objectives which must be completed before primary begins. First is simple. Information must be acquired. Mission requires... subtlety. Public spectacle is unacceptable, location not ideal if there is mistake or trouble- collateral damage (and it was fairly clear that, to Viktoriya, 'collateral damage' meant simply 'unintended casualties') high risk in this case, would compromise objective and complicate rest of mission. красный will show restraint necessary to complete task, Saori will make target wish to tell her everything, and elf-girl will be distraction, not distracted." Crossing her legs, she splayed slim fingers over the arms of the chair, glancing briefly toward the penthouse door, then the view of the city, and back again to the others. "I will go, if needed. The ghost will go, if needed." She paused meaningfully, considering the runners making the most vocal arguments. Both were aware, either by experience or reputation, of the pair's... efficiency, and the potential ramifications thereof. "So. Question remains." She folded her hands tidily over her abdomen, pale fingers interlacing over the striped sateen of her vest. "Are we needed?"

"Dunno... all I know is, I got work to do..."

Endeavor gets up and grabs her small bag she used to keep her chemsuit and mask in. "Looks like it's back out into the smog. Otter, I'll keep in touch in 5 minute intervals, if I miss a interval once I have left the premesis, well... there were mistakes made."

She gestures to her case on the floor. "And watch my suit. Gonna need it for the operation."

She pulls the mask out and lets it sit on her forehead. "Oh... and does anyone want snacks? I think I got enough personal cash on hand to cover... 245 I think. I can hit up a stuffer shack on the way back."

"Snacks come with the room," Otter observes happily. "Don't check in every 5 minutes. Just slave a message to your biomonitor to let us know if you fall unconscious or suffer physical trauma. Otherwise you can tell us yourself if you get in trouble. Pick out something nice."

"I'm pretty good at being a distraction," the former elf said as she pulled open her luggage and plucked out several pieces of clothing that would make a clubbing outfit. One that left most of her arms bare and was see-through enough on the top to show the iridescent scale patterns over her shoulders and down her spine, as well as the patches on her elbows. "Beyond being beautiful and having some cash to throw around, I'm obviously a SURGE victim. Hot, freaky, rich girl. That's what most people will remember for the night, and that'll give Saori and Red time to pick off their targets and get what they need that much easier."

If they'd been in Seattle, she'd be giggling, flirting with Red and Saori about the whole night, and making all sorts of innuendos; as it was, she was being serious. "Who knows? I might even be able to score some invites to more exclusive Aztech employee-only executive parties that could get us closer to useful targets than a public club. I'm not planning on it, but it could be a bonus."

She nodded to Endeavor as she grabbed up her clothes and makeup, ready to head for the nearest bathroom, "Think you can score an armored limo or some other luxury car, without it being obvious? Those are most likely to have tinted or black-out windows for Red and will keep up the 'schmoozing starlets' look we're going for." She smiled and nodded towards D0, "You might want to go together, if you can get her to, End. Better to have backup on-hand, and you're more likely to need to get past Matrix stuff than put a bullet in someone's head." The last was said with a wink to Vik. Shae like the Russian woman's style - personally and professionally - and didn't want to offend. "Though some muscle back-up on a car heist might not be a bad idea. Unless you guys opt for the more boring route of just renting one."

She shrugged, ending her round of ideas with a look at Method. "Those are my thoughts and there's nothing more useful for me to do tonight than go to the club and be distracting. I did my 'homework' on the plane, with Red and my own materials. So, yeah...." She slipped off to the bathroom to dress up for the evening, picking out makeup to compliment her scale color and sweeping her hair up in the latest fashionable up-do for clubbers to ensure the see-through shirt did it's job of peek-a-boo along her back.

After a few minutes more of discussion, the group went ahead and proceeded to the club, generally going with Saori's plan, though Phantom was following as backup, he also had the skills to move in that particular enviorment well, Red and Saori would be primary on this task, while Shae operated as eye candy, distraction and general backup. All four of them had the metamagic ability of masking, so they would use it to appear mundane, and keep their magic capabilities in reserve.

The night club was a familiar hang out for middle and upper level management of Aztechnology, as well as middle level officials from the Aztlan government, even a few colonels and such in their military, these were not quite the movers and shakers at the highest level, but they were the one's who did the did the shaking when ordered. The club itself was set in several sections, each of them closed off from one another by walls and curtains, and an indication of what sort of activities inside on a matrix display.. first was a bar and general hang out area, was extremely aztec in it's nature, with a sensual and somewhat depraved aspect.. on the right, though a open door with several curtains could be found an a open dance floor with soft to light rock that was buffered from the bar area, on the left, though a series of curtains, and a third area that was private areas, including closed booths for private discussion, a stage for pole dancing and stripping, for those interested in that sort of thing.

Outside the night club a pair of troll bouncers who kept most folks from entering the club at all, as one normally needed a reservation, though the first task would be getting past them, one way or another, though using direct methods was out.

Sense a bit more direction was requested from me:

Ok, first off, folks involved in the club scene should indicate masking effect, going to use the (Intuition + Magic + Initiate Grade) divided by 4 and rounded down, if you prefer you can roll it directly and ignore the division by 4, however that does lend to the possibility of failure, glitches and critical glitches.. but it also allows a chance for higher rolls. A club like this is likely to have someone capable of assessing people, just so they know what they are dealing with. For those of you unfamiliar with SR4, masking doesn't require much more from you then the desire to mask your abilities, and you can still use your magic abilities while masked, though certain spells or magics make it difficult or impossible to maintain the cloaking effect.

Assessing can be used to assess mood and emotion of the club, and club members, for those of you who have that ability, as well as the astral in the area, which is slightly aspected toward the Aztec magic, -1 to magic rating for Shae and Red in here, but it's a light thing. If you use it to manipulate your targets, reading emotions, I'll allow a bonus to the rolls to find out what you need.

Everyone wandering around here has a sort of matrix ID that you can pull if desired that shows things like sexual orientation, interests (Dancing, Music, etc.), think face book page.

Saori: Several of your targets are here tonight, from the list Saori asked Gabriella to get for her (And she was the perfect contact for it too, having ties to this part of the world), of either sex, so feel free to work your magic.. literally (Feel free to share with Red in this)

Shae: Your here as a distraction, but also potential backup, so do whatever you like, but keep a eye on Saori and Red on the unlikely event that they need your aid, or at least as a distraction... if you want to play that up, to the point a roll is necessary, a basic attribute roll Charisma + Intuition.

Phantom: Same as Shae, only more physical backup to Shae's magical backup, what you chose to do here is up to you.

Red: Same as Saori, in this situation, though your not as good as she is in this, she has the better skill, but you do have magic to fall back on.

Target: You can expect your targets to start at suspicious and the information you want will be harmful to disastrous for them to give up, so that's a starting difficulty of 6, with a -5 to your con/negotiation pool.. however, you will get bonuses based on how you extract your information.

All of that said, good background and roll playing are preferred to prefer endless rolling of the dice.

Finding your information: What you are seeking is on the level of top secret, it is not something your targets are going to give up causally and out in the open, it will require a bit of effort from you, at the very least your going to have to get them to somewhere private.

Meanwhile, Endeavor was checking the possibility of obtaining transporation, it was fairly easy to find a rig of one sort or another, close to 30 - 40% of the vehicles on the road were modified for rigging, so finding a vehicle she could use wasn't a difficult prospect, it was finding one that met her particular specifications that wouldn't be missed too quickly that mattered more. Between her and Death Otter, however, it wasn't going to take too long to find, hack, the biggest time eater was going to be time itself.

Endeavor: All you really need here is perception and intuition if your looking on the ground.. but that's just looking around, if you want to hunt for the right vehicle on the net, Scan and Browse are the utilities you need.. at least rating one in either of those is basic with every commlink. Again, as I said above, roleplaying can work better with me then endless rolling of the dice, though you can resort to that when your uncertain. The option to simply covert your dice pool into successes based pool divided by 4, rounded down remains here..

For Method, Vik and Ryan, this was the stand by and wait, they were the heavy guns in this situation, the time to take action would come soon enough, and then they would be in their element, they knew what to do.. but didn't yet know when and where, so this left them standing by, in this situation, they would only be needed if things went grossly wrong.

Meanwhile, Endeavor was checking the possibility of obtaining transportation, it was fairly easy to find a rig of one sort or another, close to 30 - 40% of the vehicles on the road were modified for rigging, so finding a vehicle she could use wasn't a difficult prospect, it was finding one that met her particular specifications that wouldn't be missed too quickly that mattered more.

Between her and Death Otter, however, it wasn't going to take too long to find, hack, the biggest time eater was going to be time itself.

Endeavor was indeed taking a walk around the streets. Memorizing road hazards, figuring out routes in her head, and looking up GPS maps of the general area. All the while looking for a proper vehicle. Her team wasn't a crew of lightweights, in particular Teach and Method. She had to also consider their Hemovore team-mate's issues with sunlight. Although he seemed to always have some way around that.

She considered the options...

"Well there is this Eurocar Westwind... but it is simply not large enough for the whole team. There is this Land Rover... but the windows are too large and not tinted... Hmm..."

She could look to see if her quarry was receptive once she found some candidates.

Perception Roll - Looking for a vehicle that can carry the team easily.
[Kamiko] 3:48 pm: Perception Check

Kamiko *rolls* 7d6e5: 1,1,3,4,1,2,5. Successes = 1

[Kamiko] 3:48 pm: ...

[Kamiko] 3:48 pm: At least it's not a glitch.

The troll bouncers were going to be a problem. Saori drew up the group down the street for a bit so that she could watch them for a moment. They were clearly well-paid, enough that they didn’t seem to be bribable. However beautiful women who were busy dropping names seemed to manage to get into the door, and Saori’s lips twisted with disdain. For all that she used her beauty as a weapon, she appreciated when people saw past it.

After a moment, she wrapped a hand around Red’s arm and another around SeTeheron and drew them with her as they walked toward the club. Now that she was in the moment, her fear of Red was pushed into a back corner of her mind and Natalie Cho was in the forefront. To that end, the beautiful Asian woman was keeping up a near-constant chatter of witty banter and commentary as they approached the door. Saori—Natalie acted as if she belonged and when the troll moved to stop her, she just smiled up at him.

“Hi there!” Natalie’s bubbly personality, driven by Saori’s own forceful nature, was contagious. She acted surprised when not immediately allowed to enter.

“Name on the reservation?” The troll on the right had a surprisingly clear, tenor voice—almost sexy. He also had a metrosexual look that didn’t look forced, and Saori found herself wondering if he was free later that evening. As if he’d heard her thought, he gave her and SeTeheron a close once over, his eyes lingering on their tits. His partner, who looked uncomfortable as if someone else had dressed him, gave them all a glare before gazing out into the waiting crowds once more.

The vixen allowed her eyes to drop to the troll’s groin and made sure he saw it, too. Aside from the lookover, she ignored the idle thought and focused on the mission. “Oh, yes. Ricardo Ray said he’d take care of that.” Her statement was made with utter confidence. Her target was a man was important in Aztechnology but not too important to cast suspicion.

Metro-troll exchanged a look with his partner, who just shrugged. “All right,” Metro said, unhooking the velvet cord, “welcome to Potencia de la Sangre.

Potency of the Blood, Saori thought with a little laugh as she led the way into the club with a drake on one arm and a vampire on the other. How… appropriate.

The club was... well, it was eye-opening.

Seattle was known for having a cutting-edge club scene, of which Shae was perhaps the most knowledgable of the three. The California Free State was likewise a hopping place to see and be seen, especially of one was into simsense stars or hoping to become one. But Potencia de la Sangre combined the latest dance tracks and lighting effects with a markedly older, more primal sensibility. The interior of the club was decorated in theme similar to that of an Aztec temple, the passageway leading into the club proper lined with stonework showing intricately-carved figures engaged in... revelry. The main floor opened up before them, dominated by a step-pyramid that added a many-tiered aspect to the place. Clubgoers undulated and bounced on the tiers and across the dance floor around the short pyramid, and atop it was a sacrificial altar upon which 'danced' two dark-haired, dusky women who looked identical right down to the glowing, shifting tattoos that ran down the sides of their bodies, their colours shifting from red to orange to yellow in a flame effect. Whether natural twins or a bodysculpt job, it was hard to tell, though the way they writhed against one another in a blatantly sensuous way was certainly distracting, especially if they did happen to be related. A pale golden snake was draped around and between the two girls, it's coils shifting tantalisingly to give glimpses of flesh, and it was fairly obvious that the pair were wearing little except the snake.

Arched niches set high on the walls of the cavernous main room contained dancers also, male and female. Elven and human for the most part, through some orcs and dwarves were also present, they were the priests and priestesses leading the hedonistic celebrations, looking out from their niches as they danced for the masses, either unabashedly nude or mostly-so. Along one wall was a bar, crowded and busy, and at the far end of the room a VJ dressed like a half-naked Aztec priest, complete with headdress, mixed tracks for the pleasure and abandon of the crowd.

Saori became aware of of Red's laughter through the vibration, and turned to see the vampire, dressed in tight red leather pants, and a matching leather jacket open over his white chest, chuckling to himself as he peered over his shades at the sights. He caught her glance and leaned close so she and SeTeheron could hear him.

"Oh, don't mind me. This reminds me of a place I've been before." he told them, his deep voice sliding under the clamor. "Good times..." He grinned like a razor blade and straightened. "So, shall we start with a drink?" he asked, his smile as evil as it was compelling. As always, the enticing facade never fully managed to mask what was underneath. As Saori had said earlier: the Red Man was a predator, and sapient metahumanity was his prey. And the pretty camoflage was just a lure.

Red in da club. Yeah, he dayumn smexy:

Wall-hellsing-alucard-by-youkoyoru-on-de

Back in the hotel room...

"That's another check." Method's rumbling baritone broke the tense silence as he slid his knight into place near Teach's king. "How long you plannin' on keepin' this up?"

"As long as I have to," came the pensive reply. Viktoriya sighed, aureate eyes drifting ceilingward as if in a mute plea for patience. Her booted feet, crossed and now resting atop her trunk, twitched with boredom. It wasn't that she wasn't accustomed to this portion of a job- she just loathed it. The fastidious marksman brushed a stray thread from the arm of the chair in which she reclined, wrinkling her nose with distaste as she did so, and lifted her head to regard the two hulking men hunkered over a comparatively tiny chess board; almost immediately, she let it fall again onto the padded upholstery

Method had already made a few inquiries about getting the remainder of the group's gear through customs, and her contact outside the city was anxiously awaiting the nuyen transfer that would let him know she was on her way to retrieve the two heavy cases she'd shipped ahead. She was fairly sure he'd already considered selling them, but, she reflected, if he'd actually tried prizing them open to get at the contents, it would be one less payment she had to make. In the meantime, there wasn't much to do. The albino had gone out, the tech-pixie was flitting about on the Matrix somewhere, and she was left alone in the hotel room with two of the most efficient killers she knew. Killers who looked ridiculous scowling at the tiny black and white pieces as if they were locked in some epic struggle.

Drumming her fingers briefly on the arm of the chair, Viktoriya shifted suddenly, pulling a pair of embossed leather AR gloves from her vest pocket and tugging them on. She brought up the display for her PAN and quickly typed out a message on the luminous virtual keyboard.

>>>>>> красный, please. Tell me you have your prey. There is not sufficient synthahol in hotel to sedate me if these two keep playing chess. I will be forced to take one of your walks. <<<<<<

SeTeheron grinned as they entered. All the blood rites and such seemed a bit over the top to her, but the decor was pretty cool and the mood was definitely decadent. Her outfit fitted in nicely, sheer silk that looked a little like the linene 'priestly' garb, but decorated with feather patterns that, with her scales, gave the impression of a feathered serpent in elf form. She grinned at how she thought Gwen would react to that. She leaned over and whispered into Saori's ear, "I'm gonna go grab some attention while you guys find us someone to hang out with, kay?"

At the beautiful human woman's nod, SeTeheron slipped her arm out of Saori's and headed for the step pyramid dance floor, finding the beat of the song and slowly working her way up the levels until she was easily visible from most anywhere in the dancing area. It wasn't quite the kind of music or dancing she was used to, and she had to keep an eye out on her teammates and listen for the signal to make her way back to them, but it was still dancing and probably going to be the most enjoyable part of the run. Several other clubbers were already making their way over to her, vying for claiming her as a dancing partner with moves and unspoken communication between them that was as reminiscent of a deadly hunt as it was of courting a pretty elf girl on a night out. SeTeheron kept her grin from slipping into predatory through sheer force of will and began her own counter-dance, keeping each of her would-be suitors just within the personal space of 'maybe' to keep them around.

Rolls
Just taking masking with the /4. That puts her at 5. She's masking to look like a SURGE Elf with spot-on-the-wall level of magic.

Charisma + Intuition to get a feel for the crowd and fit in:
Malachite *rolls* 13d6t5: 4,4,2,4,3,2,4,6,4,2,3,5,6. Successes = 3.

Dancing, mostly just for fun and getting used to rolling:
Malachite *rolls* 8d6t5: 4,1,4,5,1,3,5,6. Successes = 3.

Archived