[Shadowrun] Agents of the Dragon

Krul

It sounds like a hard reboot to the basic level is in order, especially for people new to the game world or struggling with the present setting, it would most likely involve recreating your characters. It also would make it somewhat easier on me, as I don't have to plan as many major runs, smaller ones will work, though I would still want you folks to be a dedicated Shadowrun team. The advantage is that I can still do this run I restarted for, I'll just have to scale the opposition further back and give you more time to carry it through.

If we do that, I'd prefer to run 5th edition, character creation is much quicker and easier, and differences between character types have a greater divide, though I'd upgrade folks to prime runner status (just the extra karma and cash option on page 64), just to give more funds and building room, and to allow the same backgrounds so far, for folks who want to keep their present character background, though some changes will be required... you can be new to the shadows, but have had considerable training in certain areas or gotten access to quite a bit of wealth... this is much lower powered then originally considered. Also, it will keep new players and old somewhat on the same footing, sense the edition is fairly new.

Alternatively, a reboot to 4th edition, just using the slightly higher 500 point option is possible if you all prefer to stick with the present rules, I'm completely ok with that as well, at least all of the various optional rules are there.

Either of these options essentially means a total restart though, you can keep your current characters and I can help you scale them back, or create new ones if you prefer, I'm willing to help with this if necessary in either option..

As the GM, I am willing to go either way, which would folks prefer?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With either option I am building a new character, I build Sakurako for a specific idea and now that things are changing I am changing accordingly. With the few people we have my role is not a small-team character. I had built for a big team.

If it is 4th edition the 500 karma with your house rules is fine. I just got to think of a character.

If we are building for 5th though, that is a deal breaker. If we are changing to 5th, I am out. There is much in 5th I am leery of, or at least for now I don't like.

I have to ask though, if we are doing a full restore on this, are we going to be happy enough with this to keep this game moving? I don't want to build yet another character and have the game collapse. Particularly for this system. 4th or 5th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I'm out.

If I didn't have 3 games either clicking, about to click, or needed a character completed for it I would contemplate designing a new character for the power-down. I really wanted to play the game at the setting we had, but everyone else wanted the lower PL.

But, I guess this is what happens when you're in the minority. Wherever this game goes, I won't be with it. It's a bitch to design a character for SR, and to me at least, PBPing Shadowrun is a bad idea.

Ok, I need a headcount.. if we do a full reboot, who's in? Also, with En. out, I have one vote for 5th and 1 for 4th, I prefer 5th for the new players, character creation is more streamlined.. But 500 build Points with 4th edition is also acceptable, please chime in with a preference.. I'm inclined to think that 4th is what most players want at this point.

Correction(after discussing it in chat): 500 Build points is where we're moving things back too.. a more normal game level... I will assist folks who want to dial their character back to this level or build a new one.

Archived