[Shadowrun] Agents of the Dragon

Krul

At least I don't feel alone on this then.

Yeah I will admit I've talked a big game in regards to SR in the past, but that was in the days of second edition... things are done differently in 4e/20A, that means I need to catch up. Not just on the world, but on the method. Doing it at this level... well, that's just increasing my feel of being in over my head.

I should catch up. Best way I can do it is just play.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No you don't get it.

1: I sort of need a minumum of two perception to even be legal in this game (look at the first post).

2: I need a god perception just for being a rigger.

3: I simply don't know how I missed putting the points into Perception.

4: I got no glasses on. No visual enhancements.

5: I can't do browse, I didn't get that for the comlink.

I'm really getting tired of this. I thought I had everything kosher.

Actually, missing that was my fault, not yours, as I went over the character sheet and missed it, I know I mentioned other things, but I failed to see that one when I went over the sheet.. so, in this case, blame me.

Mind you, I think that means I may have missed things elsewhere, in the ten character sheets that I got.

by the way, 5 dice is not that bad, in terms of basic competency, many in the average crowd don't get that much.

Don't worry about it now, it's a fairly easy fix after a bit, you can buy perception 1 with 4 karma later on.

Scan level 1 comes free with every device.. without paying for it, read up on the program.

Okay...

I will stock up on the karma to make sure I got this patched up then, although I could have made a couple moves on some skills as well so as not to have this problem. I only need two levels honestly, and I think I can manage that easily. I've also not used every skill I got so far in this game, so.., It might still be safe to make this move.

What you think?

Well, with regards to that, what I am about to say may offend you, but it needs to be said or I'm going to loose my temper at some point, and I don't lose my temper easy:

If your getting the impression that I'm annoyed, that would be correct, and I'm normally very easy going, I don't normally get annoyed that easy, you realize that I've had more overreactions, complaints and upset about the game from you, then the all of the other players, combined.. twice over? I rather like your character, and I enjoy some of your playing, but your tendency to overreact is starting to get me fairly irritated, and giving me a headache

So, please, please, stop making small problems into huge one, as I said, it's giving me a headache, I love the Shadowrun game and setting, but your making this much less fun for me, and it's as important that the ST have fun in a game as it is for the players.

Now, that said, if it wasn't for the fact that part of this particular issue is my fault, I wouldn't allow this, since it seems to be rewarding your ability to give me a headache.. but, it was my responsibility to insure that you met the requirements I had for characters.. however, it was also your responsibility to meet my requirements.. so, I've looked over your skill set already, you could move 1 skill at level 2 down to level 1 and raise perception to 1.. that deals with my side, I am going to insist however, that your next 8 karma be devoted to fixing both skills to both the level you purchased the first skill at and to the level I indicated you had to have perception at originally, .. before you can spend any Karma elsewhere.

Now, that said, if it wasn't for the fact that part of this particular issue is my fault, I wouldn't allow this, sense it seems to be rewarding your ability to give me a headache.. but,

Since.

I'll admit, SR has me paranoid as all hell. I am very used to being screwed in it, and I guess it's showing. That and also my rush job in getting my character set. I'm sorry it got this far, and obviously I've pissed off a lot of people in the process. Not exactly new. This game so far has been one issue after another.

I'll try to get my act together here, I just gotta get my head above all this first.

I'm going to take this opportunity to bow out gracefully.

Frankly, I'm tired of everything having to be one big god damned drama-fest. I'm tired of the whining. I'm tired of Endeavor's unending issues that turn into him basically crying until someone gives him his way.

Seriously guys, I hope you all have a great time. Krul, knock em dead, best of luck to ya. Have fun guys, I'm out.

Shoot straight, watch your back, conserve ammo, and never cut a deal with a dragon.

Well, after that... Do people want me here or not?

What I said above wasn't warranted. I should try to keep my frustrations about something off of everyone else. It's my eff up, not anyone else's. And it's my job to get fixed in a manner that is at least amicable. It shouldn't happen like it did. But it did and this is what happened.

Am I satisfied with the solution? Yes.

Am I satisfied with the road getting there? Hell no.

It cost one player and any shred of respect I had.

It cost one player and any shred of respect I had.

With all due respect to both people in question... Method choose to back out. That was his decision. He didn't have to make it, and he'll deal with whatever consequences come of it. It didn't cost a player--he's responsible for that, not you.

You're responsible for yourself. So sack up and deal with the fact that you're the one who's causing the drama. Fix that. Let Method take care of his business.

That's what it chalks up to, I guess. I guess Guilt complexes don't fix things.

I'm sorted, let's get back to the run.

I'm starting the hunt, not sure if one hit will find a candidate right away so I'm going to keep looking when I can post again. The way I'm doing this is to look for a candidate that fits our needs then I'll see if it's receptive with a base scan.

Then, when I got a mark, have D0 handle the hardcore hacking through my comlink.

I am an instrument of the Otter's will.

I spent some time thinking about this..

Method - I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand not wanting the drama, I don't want the drama, in fact, I have something to say to Endeavor along those lines.

Endeavor - Try to panic less, if you continue to give me headaches, I'm going to have to resort to asking you to leave the game as well, it's not something I want to do, and it's not something I even like having to say... and also, don't extend your panic to this statement, this is only a warning.. it's not yet to that point.

Panic because your character is being eating by a hydra I understand, that's a major issue (though it's still fixable, just not easily), upset over minor and easily fixable things is starting to make it more of a headache then I, as the GM, am willing to do deal with.

Red: Great post, technically, it doesn't quite mesh with my initial description of the club, though it could with a few minor edits, and I like yours better, just like I loved Carver's name for the club.. sense no one actually entered yet, that's what we're going with.. just edited my description to mesh better with yours.

I'm awesome like that. If someone says "Red, paint a picture of epic debauchery with a soupcon of moral bankruptcy", I'm in my element.

Also, I used the word soupcon in a sentence. Ten internetz for me.

,, ,, ,,

This post was brought to you by the letters R, U, and M.

• 2 weeks later...

*Sigh* Spent some time writing my response the first time then lost everything... so I had to start over and write a new post.. dice pools are twice your targets, so no rolls necessary at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a post forthcoming. I wanted to confer with Krul on something, but I think I'll just go with the rules in the book and he can tell me to redo it if he doesn't like it. It's too hard to pin him down in chat. :)

Your welcome to send me a pm.. I find that half the time I log into the chat I end up not doing stuff because I'm distracted with chatting, and not chatting because I'm distracted by the stuff I do manage to do.

Archived