M-Dex: 1 (Fast Tasks)
Athletics 1, Drive 2, Firearms 2, Melee 2, Stealth 2
Sta: 2/5 (Tough)
M-Sta: 3 (Durability, Resiliency x2)
Endurance 4, Resistance 4
Per: 3
Awareness 3
Int: 3
Academics 2, Bureaucracy 1, Engineering 2, Intrusion 1, Linguistics 3, Medicine 1, Survival 1
Wits: 4/5 (Iron Nerves)
Cha: 2
Man: 4 (Domineering)
App: 2/4 (Imposing)
Intimidation 3
Backgrounds: Attunement 2, Mentor 1, Contacts 2, Node 2
Quantum 4, QP: 26, Taint:, Willpower 3/5
W/R/S: 7/18/38 Initiative: +11 Soak: 10B/4L for Stamina + 6B/4L for M-Sta +2B Huge Size = 18B/8L
Bruised (x3), Hurt, Injured, Wounded, Maimed, Crippled, Incapacitated, Dead
15 BP: 4 for 2 Willpower, 4 for Huge Size, 7 for 1 Quantum
40 NP: 4 for 12 Attributes, 15 for Mega-Strength 5 (Lifter), 9 for Mega-Stamina 3 (Resilient), 6 for Resiliency (x2) and Durability, 3 for Mega-Dexterity 1 (Fast Tasks) and 3 for 18 Abilities

RECORDER ON

Okay, is this damn thing on? Just talk and it'll record my voice? Great. Okay, This is Private First Class Daniel Karnack, Codename: Ogre. God, I hate that name, but I guess it fits. This is my report regarding the mission during which it became evident that I was a Dynamic. Am a Dynamic. Whatever.

Two weeks back, more or less, I was in a covert operation around [REDACTED], which is a village near the outskirts of [REDACTED], where we had found a German Army supply depot. It was our mission to disable this depot, neutralize or capture the soldiers and officers running it, and acquire any pertinent information or technologies at said site, especially if said technologies were of Dynamic origin. By the way, I really hate saying that word "Dynamic" all the time. Makes me sound like one of those cheap science-fiction films they show for the kids on the weekends. The ones with the guys with the rubber squid suits who are invading Earth. We need better jargon.

​It turns out that said site was better guarded that we had been led to believe. I suspect this was a trap all along, which means our contacts in the area may be compromised. Private Donald Krump, who was our best scout, got bushwhacked and killed while on surveillance. When he didn't come back, we armed up and went after him, and we also got ambushed. Hard. Several of the men under my command died, the rest surrendered. As for myself, I was shot numerous times, and went unconscious. I now suspect the German troops though I had also been killed. My memories at this point are understandably vague, but I remember a sensation of falling. At this time, it was slight past 0630 hours.

Upon examination of the evidence, it appears I was buried in the ground nearby the depot. Fortunately for me, the hole they dug was right above a small cave. As I recuperated, I was brought to consciousness by excruciating, hellacious pains in my body, specifically in the large muscles. I was upset, it was dark and wet, and for awhile I was disoriented and unable to move. By the time the pains subsided, I was more aware of my situation, but at a loss as to what to do about it. Deciding that doing something was better than nothing, I climbed up the wall of the cave, and pushed. At first, I thought that I had been buried in a very shallow grave, but upon re-examination, I had somehow managed to push upward through about six feet of earth without having proper leverage. Also, at this time, it must have just past 1830 hours, as the sun was setting, but I then noticed that my muscles had swollen by an appreciable amount. I still do not comprehend how my uniform was still intact, not counting the bullet holes.

Surveying my location, I determined the location of the depot and surmised that was where my surviving men, if any, would be held captive. Knowing that our intel has serious omissions, at best, I waited until dark and improvised a plan to free my squad. I knew the risks: I was one man, assumed dead, and there were several of them, fully armed with conventional weapons, if not more. At the time, I did not realize that my being disarmed was not the impediment it appeared to be.

I ambushed a German scout, seeking to render him unconscious. I rendered him into a bloody pulp, which was...as I said, unexpected. Fortunately, I was also moving and reacting faster than usual, and interrupted him before he could raise an alarm. After cleaning myself up, I took his guns and ammo, plus some water and food he was carrying.

At that point, I had gotten in sight of the depot, a converted farmhouse. Improvising, I decoupled a sidecar from one of those German motorbikes, and found I could lift it and toss it like it was a football. I threw it towards the farmhouse, hoping to land it against the wall to create a distraction. It went through the building and out the other side, apparently taking a few of the Krauts with it, judging by the noises I heard. I ran like hell towards the back of the building, saw a back door, and charged it. It gave way easily. and i had about three Germans sitting there, staring at me in complete shock. I'll omit the gory details.

​All told there were about eighteen of them. Some fired on me, but their bullets might as well have been mosquitoes, for all the good it did them. I just swung my fists around and cleared the area. Of my contact with these soldiers and I assume officers, none survived. In the nearby farm, I found my surviving teammates, plus three German guards. I was able to reason the guards into surrendering. Not surprising, given that by that point, I was covered in easily a gallon of German jackass-juice, bits of bone fragments, and formerly internal organs. My squad, recovering from my resurrection and state, got some weapons and tracked down a few other German soldiers not currently at the depot. Gave me time to heat up some water and clean myself up a bit. God, what a hell of a mess!

Regardless, we had some captives, some vehicles, and what looked like some valuable intel and equipment. This includes the location of a German Dynamic laboratory, located at coordinates [REDACTED]. The rest...I had one of my squad point me in the direction of Germany, and I hurled the stuff in that direction. I had him follow it with binoculars, and he lost sight of what I threw pretty quickly. Among the items flung were two Panzers in dire need of repair, and inoperable. For all I know, it all landed in Berlin. On reflection, this was not the wisest course of action, as I pretty much gave away evidence of a new Dynamic on the theater. But at the time, I was not thinking clearly, and I suspect the demoralizing effect of tanks and engines and trucks and motorbikes landing pretty far inside German territory from out of the blue might have a salutatory effect on any further exchanges with the German Armed Forces.

As to this mystery of what happened to me: According to the doctors here, that super-soldier program I underwent, supervised by [REDACTED], did not in fact fail, but was lying dormant until my misadventures triggered it into activity. I am already physically prepared to go back behind the Front Line, but mentally...the doctors agreed with me that some R&R for a week was probably for the best. The nightmares and my twitchyness are beginning to reside, and I need some time to get a handle on what I've become. And, according to the doctors, the super-soldier formulas may not be quite done with me yet. so, we'll see what happens.

Private First Class Daniel Karnack, Codename: Ogre, signing off.

Archived