Mutants & Masterminds: Divine Intervention - [DI][ANS] Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Sandman XI

What happened next was a blur in your minds.

The group in the temple remembers finding an antechamber at the top of the pyramid where you found Helios looming over Apollo. You saw his final breaths as Helios drove a dagger made of some of some other wordly metal/rock. You remember hearing words that hurt your very soul to hear, so much so that you erased them from your memory. And then you remember nothing else.

The group in the divine realms remembers a great and powerful storm in the heavens above. Great and terrible echos drove you to the brink of uncontrolled madness. And then you remember nothing else.

When you all come to your senses you find you are encased in a red gem, by yourself, unable to move. Outside of the gem you see who you know in your very soul to be the shade of Apollo. He seems to be looking at you personally, while other demigod gems float around. "Do not fear," his gentle voice calms you, "We got off to a bad start, but this is not the end. The mortal world's days and nights are fixed as of now. What I need you for is to help me out. I have created twelve gems of my blood to clear out the sun. If you find all of them, you'll have power unimagineable. There is even a chance that you, with the right knowledge, could resurrect me or assume my power. Right now, I care not what you do with them, just get them. My agents will be watching you and helping you, but cannot directly interfere in this manner. Only you can help me now."

After this, you blink away. You find yourself back in Central Park. Same place as before, but morning. No signs of redness in the sun. Heck it's even unseasonably warm!

OOC Notes
Coraline, Darrik, Krysti-Lynn, Maia, Moira and Tanya. Please describe what you are doing.

"Argh... This is why I hate being called by our parents," groaned Coraline despite herself as she rubbed the back of her head. She paused as discovered her hair back in it's ponytail, blinking. Okay. Back in her normal clothes. Less than half of them there. Morning instead of ni... Oh crap. She was going to have to try and explain another sudden disappearance. It'd be easy enough to succeed in bringing her boss around depending on what he saw, but still. Pain in the butt.

The scionette of Eris looked back up again, mustering a wan smile, "So am I the only one to get a vision from Apollo about finding twelve gems containing his power that we need to find?"

Maia sighed as she looked around. She was back in her school uniform, and took note of the time of day. "Well at least I got the call of to Dinah. I hope they're all okay." She looked to Coraline, who had spoken. "Yeah, I saw that too, Fantastic power and responsibility to whoever gathers them, Ressurection, or Ascension.. That sort of thing."

Shelooked around at the others and nodded. "We seem to be missing half our number."

Krysti staggered, hands pressed to her head as she slowly recovered from the madness of Elysium. Her first direct experience dealing with the gods, and she couldn't say she was enamored with it. Her impressions hadn't changed - they were still assholes. But one they fought and fell, it was the world that paid.

Straightening up - though she was still the shortest one there - Krysti found she was back in her faded black jeans and camo tank-top, much to her relief - togas weren't for her. Glancing at a thickly muscled arm as she flexed, the potential for greater power or even ascension wasn't a draw for her. There wasn't anything she wanted from the gods, unless they could give her her mother back.

But though the sun looked fine, she couldn't forget its blood-stained countenance. She'd help find the twelve blood-gems of Apollo and bring him back, if it would keep the spinning as it should.

This once.

"I saw it too," Krysti admitted to Coraline, then glanced up at the much taller Maia. "Well, there were some... um, troubles on our end," she said, alluding to Puck's issues in the godly realms, "but were mostly made it through, from what I remember. Maybe Apollo or the gods have something else for them to do. They seem great ones for sending people off to do their shit, since they can't seem to manage it."

Man, what a strange trip this year has been. First the darkness. then the redness, now the whiteness. It was all going along very weirdly. Though in a world where gods walk among mortals? You expect this stuff. Any reason for a party. But it seemed the party was over. She was with five other people. Seeing as they were all fairly attractive, she was either at some model shoot she forgot about or it was meeting of the demigods. She noticed a few faces. Darrik mostly. Though others? Vaguely. She sighed, then smiled. She could have thought of other worse ways to wake up. Infact this was not bad at all. "Excuse me," said speaking up, "I'm a bit... lost here? What's going on?"

Thoroughly composed by the time the initial round of complaints got over with, Coraline chuckled, running a hand through her dark hair.

"Sorry, but I don't think I caught your name before," she offered to Tanya before looking around to the rest of the group and continuing, "And I think we've been offered a quest in the best tradition of our Divine Parents. Find twelve magic gems in order to restore Apollo from whatever Helios did to him or take Apollo's power for ourselves. No direct help, but probably the consequence of interesting times if we refuse. Classic stuff."

She grinned, part of her enjoying the idea despite the inconvenience it could mean, "I'm inclined to work with the rest of you to get this done sooner rather than later. If you'll have me."

Given that Darrik was the only male in the group, along with fellow very very attractive female demigods (though the right men wouldn't have hurt either), he had no qualms about working with - or having any of them... of course finding the gems would be an issue. "I don't see why not." In the best traditions of Darrik-ness, he offered a seductive smile, before it furrowed into thought.

"We do have very little of substance to go on though."

"So, saving the world, huh," Tanya smirked after Coraline gave the rundown, "I knew this day would come, just not so soon." She nodded, "My name is Tanya. And yeah, we need to stick together. We're on a boat in the middle of the ocean in the way of clues." When Darrik spoke there was an almost perky bounce as she turned around to see him. His voice was much more sensual in person. It wasn't the time to be thinking of such things! Though she had to at least be friendly. Control yourself, woman, she thought, it's just a minor god of lust you're about to open up to! "Greetings, Darrik," she smiled as smooth as she could, reaching out a hand of greeting, "I hope I don't sound like a starstruck fan, but I follow your work. It is an honor to meet you."

Coraline smirked, not entirely unkindly, at Tanya's infatuation. Gods knew that Darrik was treat enough to look at to tempt her, and Cora knew better than to trust the wrapping on anyone.

"...Actually. I have an idea how to get a heading if we want to keep with your boat metaphor, Tanya," the Scionette of Eris began, "There's an oracle in New York, the kind heroes of old so often went to ask for clues when the gods said 'find something' and chose not to give them directions. I'm not exactly sure where she is, but between all of us, I don't doubt we'll find her in no time. Beat feet, press flesh, and let those of us with silver tongues pry a fact or two loose from stiff lips."

"Assuming you're all game, I propose we trade phone numbers, split up for a few days and nights of hunting, and then compare notes at the end of things unless one of us stumbles over her at the corner market. Honestly, I'll need some time to make sure I'm not fired for vanishing from work yesterday. Not a lot, but some," she finished, flashing a smile full of white teeth at the group.

Moira seemed to be in a daze this whole time, staring off into what one would consider to be nothingness. During that whole 'chaos' bit in the celestial realms, she lost Puck from her head. She would have been worried, but when they got back here, she could feel his presence. Or at least she thought she could. He was safe, that was all that mattered. The long empty stare was her trying to put it all together.

She was snapped out of it by Darrik. He kissed her on the lips and softly whispered, "what are you thinking about?"

Moira shook her head as if trying to shake a spider of of her brain. She smiled and kissed him the same way. "Nothing," she whispered back, "just trying to get it together." She looked at the group now assembled, hoping that the others that were not here were safe. She looked to Cora, "an oracle you say," she said piping up, "Hold on, I have contacts almost everywhere in this town." She frowned, "but I don't have a phone." Darrik handed her his phone. "Thanks, dear," she said with a light kiss on the cheek. After a few texts she looked up with a wink, showing off the phone like a trophy, "OK, I know where she is."

OOC
Hero Point, because what the heck?

Kysti arched her fair brows in surprise at Moira, lips pursed in a wry moue as she planted a fist on a cocked hip. "Day-um! That was easy. So.... anybody have transportation nearby, since we were all teleported to Central Park. If not, if you guys give me a bit, I run and get my truck - we should all fit, if some of you don't mind sitting in the back."

If the short, muscular blonde thought there was anything wrong with the image of a group of demi-gods piling into a pick-up like a bunch of rural high-schoolers off to a cottage party, she gave no sign of it. She brushed some hair from her eyes and gave Tanya a friendly nod.

"Hey! I'm Krysti-Lynn, since I don't think ya heard me the first time," Krysti said, quirking her lips in amusement as she gave Darrik a quick glance. He sure was pretty, she had to admit, but too pretty for her tastes. "Pleased ta meet'cha! Gotta ask though, if we're on a ship, who's the captain?"

Archived