Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - Finding A Perfect Fit

Sean Cassidy

"Well, I can tell you you certainly are not a 36DD."

I eyed the Nordstrom Sales Associate - Cecilia according to the tag on her smart skirt-suit - reflected in the mirror of the dressing room, then at myself, my torso bare save for my black bra, contrasting sharply with my milky complexion. I arched a single brow - I could do that now.

"Are you sure?" I asked doubtfully. So much else was exactly as I had described my character - sometimes to my regret or embarrassment - I didn't see why they weren't as well. "I wrote down Tae - I mean, I have good reason to believe I'm a double-dee."

"Trust me, miss, I have almost twenty years selling women's intimates and even longer wearing them, and a 36DD isn't even close to a proper size for you." The pleasant - and tall, I couldn't help noticing - woman clucked her tongue and I suppressed a flinch as her fingers brushed my skin while she demonstrated on my bra. "The band shouldn't be riding up like this in the back, but sitting level. You shouldn't be spilling out the sides or showing any quadboob."

"Pardon me? Quadboob?" I thought I had overhead the term before, but hadn't dared ask.

"The way your breasts are bulging over the top of the cups, dear. Nor should the shoulder straps be digging in so much and the center gore of the bra should sit flush with your sternum, rather than away from your skin. Despite what Victoria's Secret may believe. And I'm guessing the underwire is digging in some?"

I nodded. It was all true. I'd just figured brassieres were supposed to fit that way and couldn't bring myself to ask anyone. Torturous, but better than bouncing around everywhere.

Cecilia took a step back, a finger tapping her lips musingly.

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Archived