Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - HoH: An Afternoon In The Country (OOC)

Heritage

The second one most likely. The body has enough room for armor modification. It could probably accomodate rating 5 armor with a sealed environment. Talking in real world terms.

I really should stat up THE BEAST. :D

Anyways I'll post after one or two others post.

Hopefully if I get M&M3 in a week or two you'll really will start seeing ideas coming out of my head.

To be clear, my post about having Naomi record stuff wasn't supposed to sound like that's 'ALL' Russ wants her to do. He wanted to have her participate, but have some kind of camera filiming them or something so that they could learn from their trainings. Sorry if it didn't sound like that >_>

So I guess initiative and stuff then...

Initiative (1d20+10=28)

Any other ooc things you want to mention before we get started?

We'll say we start out about a football field away from each other. 300 feet or so, okay? That's farther than I can move in a round without tiring myself out, so even if I end up going first, you'll get a chance to retaliate as it were.

I actually can't beat that even on a natural 20...so you go first. :)

How far can you move in one round? 300 feet is a long ways!

Ah, I see...you have Speed. Ah, for the high power build where Siggie could be intangible too. (^_^)

At times like this, I like to remind everyone that I have complications that may or may not affect things coming up:

Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry: Possessed by the spirit of a Hellhound. Russell is in complete control of the 'beast' at all times, except under moments of extreme mental distress such as when he is attacked with mental powers. GM may choose to have him automatically fail a will save at any time to gain a Hero Point.

,, ,,

Just in case Sigil feels like trying to mind-hex me or anything.

For game purposes, Russ is going to take his first move action to activate his movement powers. He'll take his second move action to use his speed and dash forward about half the distance of the field between them. I was mistaken earlier, I think I'm not used to the conversions of movement power ranks in 3e, just 2e. I also thought my speed was lower than it was. So instead of me just getting there in one round and being able to end it right now, Russ is going to take cover behind a broken down car or something to give him enough time to activate his other powers.

That spoiler is for another character anyway...

Sigil is invisible to normal sight. If you have an Accurate sense of smell, you can still target her without penalty. I guess it's your call how that'd work. Her illusion self is very close to her real self, and you may or may not be aware there's anything amiss with using vision at first. But there's nothing in the rules that says that's how it should work. I could make a Bluff check if you wanted something mechanical. :)

She has the option of continuing to sing, forcing further will saves, or not. So for now, yer safe.

The only powers that I actually bothered recording the descriptors on are his strikes. One is Infernal or Magic. The other is Infernal and magic. But for the sake of argument, I'll say that all of his powers are Infernal and Magical. The first strike has a variable descriptor rank so it allows me to switch between them or switch one off, etc.

I'll likely have HH go for the illusion this turn, but notice it's not the real thing, and locate her with scent for the following rounds. Expect a post ... soonish...

Bleh. Well thanks for being a good sport about it. I wouldn't have blamed you for ignoring the illusion right off the bat.

It seems your build is pretty ideally suited for taking someone like Sigil out. That or Sigil just isn't very well built.

...a lousy two. BAH.

It's the same problem Mystique runs into when she tries to fool Wolverine, unless the current writer allows her to change her scent (which some do). Not so much a problem of Sigil's build as it is the challenge of dealing with Super Senses.

Arr, I'm fine with it. It's a limit any character along these lines has to deal with. For every ability, there is a counter.

Hellhound could just as easily complain that he can't grapple Sigil, because she keeps teleporting out of his grasp. :)

Exactly. And when my character is built to grab someone and beat the ever living piss out of them until they say uncle, slippery movement powers are my Waterloo. I learned a while ago in 2e that having super senses comes in handy so often that they're always worthwhile building into a character. Even in the games you don't use them they can be handy as power stunt fuel. Same goes for a few low ranks of speed or Teleport. Even the Hulk would be completely useless in a fight if he couldn't jump so damn high :P

I'm actually not sure what the RANGE on his scent ability is. It does have Extended, though so he can probably sniff her out from across the field. Especially if she's no longer actually invisible. If she's just obscuring her sight and sound, he can use his nose to target her at no penalty, and his eyes to locate her general location.

So he'll dig it out to catch up to her (move action) then try to grapple her as per the two hand touch agreement (standard action).

9:09 am: Soup!

Good lord. Yah, I have no chance against rolls like that.

Bah.

Okay, edited my post. I'll leave the finale to you.

Best to finish this. In her condition, I won't ask for an attack roll to grab her.

Looks like I need to spend some serious exp on boosting her abilities DCs. :)

Meh, they'd probably be pretty stellar against most foes. HH is built with medium to high stats and saves. Plus rolling bonkers never hurts. You seem to be a fan of stunting and using extra effort offensively as well. I'm the opposite. With HH's build I can let the fight drag on as long as it needs to, only blowing my HP and EE when I need the occasional reroll to avoid KO or some other form of incapacitation. That said, perhaps you should look into some regeneration type abilities that would remove Fatigue so you can keep powerstunting with EE and not have to worry about blowing Hero Points to do away with fatigue. Bottom line, you powers are fine as is (imo). What you need is some extra mustard in pulling them off :)

Honestly, it's not something I planned on doing.

But since she can't keep away from you, I felt forced to use Extra Effort. Normally, she'd use invisibility, illusions and teleportation to keep her distance.

Impossible in this case.

Not necessarily. They have graduated effects, like any Affliction. The Song is sneaky because it's Cumulative though. Once it affects you, it intensifies over time.

It's also Subtle, in the sense that she sings, but it's not necessarily recognizable as an attack. My concept for it was that it's insidious magic...that over time can sweep up a large crowd.

I may be adjusting that concept a bit, when we get exp to burn. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived