Scion: The Cycle of Six Rivers

Dave ST

Scion: The Cycle of Six Rivers

Since the dawn if the Titans War the Gods have always relied on their Scions to ascend as Heroes, make their mark on the world, increase their Legend and join them in the Overworld on the front lines of the ongoing war.

Scions are few and far between these days. The titans are striking hard and fast while the Scions are still young, and weak. To weak to defend themselves, large majorities of half-gods are falling before their divine parent ever has the opportunity to perform the Visitation.

Enter Six Rivers. A large training ground in the deep wilderness of South Dakota created by the Gods and their lesser immortal followers to locate and train young Scions all over the world and prepare them for the war with the Ttians. Rarely do all the Pantheons agree on any one thing but to date it’s been: the destruction of Atlantis, and Six Rivers. Six Rivers is the last hope for protecting the Scions of the next age…

Concept: Scion in the style of Percy Jackson. The characters will all be Scions of the six core Pantheons between the ages of 16 and 19, living in a camp in the wilderness where they train, go on quests and try not to kill each other with their teenage angst and rivalries.

This game will run like Mutant High, meaning that the forum is both OW and Plot Driven. Participation is the plot is not necessary to enjoy the game but will enhance your time. It will be a strong character driven game.

Starting Date: When people are ready, we’ll begin. Most of all, when I’m ready. J

Intent: Obviously, ‘have fun’ is rule #1. Aside from that it’s to create a modern mythical adventure. Super Heroes are all well and good, but mythology is just so much more fun. In order to get a full feel of the world the characters live in we’ll need to understand the cultures and the myths behind Pantheons. Careful, some of us might learn something.

Visitation: It is assumed that each character has already had their visitation or receives it while at the camp. Once your character was awakened to their Legend the Titanspawn could immediately smell the ichor running through your body and your life became very difficult. The camp was the only logical place where you hide safely and train for the battles ahead of you.

You could have been at the camp for years, or jut recently arrived. Either way, your visitation has occurred.

Culture: In this definition culture doesn’t mean ‘background’, it simply means the culture of the camp. Imagine if you were a teenager and suddenly one day you were thrust into a strange world of monsters, mythology and magic. You find out you’re the child of a god and now you’re at a summer camp in South Dakota where dwarves actually work a forge, Valkyries teach weapons training and Jim Morrison is on hand to educate you in ‘the arts’ (he’s a Scion of Dionysus… he just got tired of the music scene and needed to take a break for a bit).

Sarah Palin is a harpy. No really, an actual harpy. Claws, wings, fangs (what, you couldn’t tell?) the whole she-bang. This is your world now and it is one of absolute strangeness.

Themes: This is not Percy Jackson. You are warriors and you will face pain, misery and death. Yours is a tragic tale and it will not be an easy road of victories and celebrations. You will encounter evil cults, men who want to kill you at every turn and your Legend will draw out the nastiest of the Titan’s spawn to your doorstep. Once you step out past the protective barrier of Camp Six Rivers, you’re on your own.

It will be dark, in typical Scion flavors of evil, bloody and heroic. This game will be rated ‘R’ for scenes of graphic violence, language, drug and alcohol references, scenes of delinquency, sexual content, blood and gore and Yoko Ono music. *You must be 18 years or older to participate in this game.*

The rules for Fatebinding and Fateful Aura will be in effect.

Mechanics:
-Scion standard Hero creation rules with the following exceptions:
-Characters may be from only the Core 6 Panthoens ( The Pesedjet, The Dodekatheon, The Aesir, The Atzlanti, The Amatsukami, The Loa)
-Characters may start with no more than two (2) Abilities rated at 4 and none may be rated 5. You are teenagers. You are not masters of anything, yet.

Allowed books:
Scion: Hero. Characters may purchase any and all boons, purviews or knacks from the Scion: Hero book. Knacks or other content found in Scion: Demigod and Scion: God are not permitted (yet).

Knacks, boons, and purviews from the Scion: Companion and Scion: Ragnarok books are permissible, providing their only prerequisite is Scion: Hero.

Free Relic:
Every PC will receive a free relic from me. You do not get to pick what it is and its relative power and capabilities will depend largely on several factors I'm not revealing.

You might not like it, but hey, it’s free.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

Okay, whichever you do, I'll do the other. :P

( ^_^)

ALTHOUGH

What if we do a 'pair,' sort of? One of Artemis, one of Apollo?

Hmmmm

Well, something to consider, if you decide not to do Bastet.

It can be risky tying characters together like that, in a PBP.

I'd be okay with tying our characters together. I'm leaning more to Bastet (either Adopted or not), but pair with Apollo and Artemis could be interesting too, making both originally born of Apollo and one Adopted by Artemis. Still looking at things and I have a fair number of posts I have to get done this weekend.

Didn't mean to step on your schtick, SMax. But as long as their personalities differ, it would be okay. Still leaning towards the Bastet Cat-burglar/thief, a bit of a revamp of Felicienne from Future Imperfect or Kaitlin from WoD:A. A bit too on the nose, I know, but... ;)

Yeah, Asa...I was leaning that way too, but I didn't call it cuz I was waffling. :)

So yar, you can do that, and I'll go with my Artie/Apollo build. Not sure which way I'll go with that yet. Guess I'd better make up my mind though. :)

Moop! Make that Artemis! Cool, that gives me direction. I can work on it in earnest now.

Okay a question about Relics. Dave how do you feel about people buying relics for Purviews they can't yet use? When designing Relics for Atticus I am tryingto makes sure they are things he can actually use in some way, but I have 1 in particular that does nothing for him yet. Is that cool?

Hey, Atticus. I've been developing my scion of Artemis, and had a thought.

Suppose we're both scions of Apollo...but I was dedicated (and adopted) by Artemis by mutual agreement between those two gods prior to her conception. We may or may not know we're siblings. There's potential entertainment value in either.

Okay a question about Relics. Dave how do you feel about people buying relics for Purviews they can't yet use? When designing Relics for Atticus I am tryingto makes sure they are things he can actually use in some way, but I have 1 in particular that does nothing for him yet. Is that cool?

Well, consider this: If your sire has access to the Prophecy purview, then perhaps that'll permit him/her to plan ahead for your characters' future. Odin for example would probably try something like that, shape the destiny of his child in a manner of his choosing (since he can no longer shape his own).

Now, consider this: Which is more heroic? Your Daddy giving you all your toys, or you actually earning all those toys through heroic deeds? Which do you think carries more weight?

The talisman your dad gave you at your visitation...

or...

As the your band held off the fire giants outside the blazing farmhouse you heard the cries of the young girl trapped inside. Valiantly you rushed in, braved the heat although it singed your flesh and stole the breath from your lungs. The bakdraft to her room exploded and threw you nearly back to the first floor but you managed to grab a hold of the metal bannister before you tumbled down into a flaming pit. The heat burned your hand nearly to the bone but her cries steeled your nerves and you refused to let go even though the pain was like nothing you felt before. You crawled back up, the fire was everywhere but you refused to yield. You dashed into her room and found her whimpering in the closet, tears of fright pouring down her soot covered face but she was going to be okay now, you had her. The flames roared, but you covered her. The farmhouse collapsed, but you had already leapt off the second story room with her in your arms. She was safe, you saved her and protected her from a fiery end.

That night, in your hand, her tears hardened into a shimmering blue crystal that you have worn about your neck ever since. When you tell the tale, it glistens like it remembers and since that night, the Guardian purview has been your to access.

...y'know, just sayin'.

Access to purviews are not difficult to obtain, you just have to ge tthe item that'll permit it or have it rewarded for marvelous deeds. The best way to do it is to say: "Hey, Dave, I want access to the Earth purview." To which I reply: "Okay, gather up a few band members and start IC research on what sort of item would help you focus that kind of purview."

Bam, before you know it you're neck deep in a nest of harpies in the middle of Arizona trying to obtain a chip from the Navajo's most sacred monuments: the eldest spirit of the Earth still worshiped today.

That's how Heroe's roll.

Ew! Aren't we related!?!111

Technically, no. Gods don't have DNA, they have Ichor and that doesn't mean much to mortals (except it makes them awesome!). Basically, the point is, unless you're actually related to another character (siblings, or cousins through your mortal parents) then, no, you are not doing anything taboo if you get into a romantic plot with a fellow character.

I could go into divine examples, but you get the idea, I'm sure.

Archived