Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - Plotline Proposal

Justin OOC

I think it's about time to shake things up.

What I propose is fairly simple.

The Mexican government has been doing well to purge the corrupt from office, and military command. The major drug and arms cartels do not like this.

They decide they're going to strike the head from the snake in a single bold gesture, but one that would allow them to choose the next President and government assembly.

The big question is how they go about doing it.

Enter Emilio Travio, a Refugee nova of great intellect, who has rebuffed any attempts to recruit him. He is utterly dissatisfied with the way Refugee novas are treated, and refuses to use his gifts to better the world that treats him as a second class citizen. Officially he lives in Argentina as a recluse, living in a mountain estate no one gains entry to. In reality, he is a designer of arms, which he sells to whomever can pay.

The cartels come to him, treating the vain nova with great respect, and offer him not money, but a challenge, to make a weapon to take out a large city, without it being biological or nuclear in nature. He was intrigued, but knew he'd need materials. He negotiated hard, and the cartels agreed to his terms and his price.

He delivers six months later, a device roughly the size of a septic tank, and nods triumphantly handing the liason an encrypted hard drive with proper deployment procedures, and the signal for detonation. He named the weapon "The Quake"

,, ,,

another month passed, and the device is detonated, in a suburb of Mexico City. The entire city is rocked by a 7.9 on the Richter scale earthquake. Kilometers away, a dormant volcano erupts. Nearly the entirety of the Mexican government is slain by crumbling buildings and debris. the major military base is wiped out and the city burns as gas mains burst and pandamonium reigns.

Of all the government, the Mexican President does survive, as he was on an impromptu tour of a hospital with a delegation from the DSA. He immediately asks the DSA agents on site for aid and seeing the devastation asks the US officially for aid, specifically from the DSA novas. Nearly all of which will be deployed to help restore order and the recovery efforts.

I envision this part to be a chance for any nova involved to be a hero in their own right, in what scale you find appropriate.

The second part of this is abit darker

The Mexican president suspects but has no evidence of the Cartel's involvement. He asks for the DSA's help in erradicating them once and for all. What would follow is a parallel of how Team Tomorrow stomped out the cartels in the main aberrant world.

,, ,, ,, ,,

As this idea is world affecting, and open to any character with reason to participate, I put it all to you to see if you wish to go this route, before I begin it.

Kei: Kei would be called in to provide some form of aid (search and rescue primarily) initially, followed by possibly taking down the cartel in a military action.

Naomi: While not DSA, Naomi can be called in (Via Telecom) to assist from home to help assist in the investigation. In the "darker half" she might start a game of chess against the mentally enhanced refugee.

Rebecca: She will be helping with the nurses and personnel at the refugee camps that will be set up in a joint Red Cross/DSA effort.

Are these alright?

I like the idea behind it. Vixen would probably be either a) there to work as a power doubler or imparter to maximize efficient use of nova power, B) as a counselor to the traumatized, or c) as a profiler helping to deduce the psychological profile of who they're dealing with.

I'm not opposed to the plot-line in general, but I'm not sure if my characters would be involved at all. Shae is still a minor, despite her constant bouncing away from her DSA handlers. I'm not sure at this point where Vyserian will be with the DSA when this starts off, so he might or might not have a way to be involved.

Sounds like an interesting idea, Long, but I'm in the same boat at Mala/Vyserian. Not entirely sure where Taeli will when this happens or what connection, if any, she'll have with the DSA. On the other hand, if she was anywhere in the area when it happens, maybe down there to film on location for the potential D&D movie or a pilot for a TV show, or even just down there for a Con or other advertisement gig for WotC, nascent hero tendencies might occur. :D

Max: You know... this might be the time to get Tabitha into the mix. The sisters of destruction back together again. :D

Tabitha would be assisting Echo in operations.Or if solo would probably be part of a security detail, until it is time to go after the refugee in question. Tabitha is a scalpel, and I think she would do well at least with the nasty stuff.

It still would be awesome to let Naomi and this refugee quare off mind versus mind.

Naomi needs a Moriarty. Tabitha needs a Dr. No. Kei needs a target and Rebecca... to be a big damn heroine.

And even with me playing the field here, I can still not have any one of my characters meet. :D

Damn I'm good.

Okay.

Hopefully I can get some questions answered on some things for Kei in the OOC for CN in the meantime. I think I can keep her where she is for now stat-wise.

Since Naomi is doing this from the comfort of her own home, I don't think I need to build her up a bit right now.

I'll have to burn one of Rebecca's banked NPs to requisition some gear from the DSA.

Archived