Good news, bad news

Joani

Sigh

I start with the good news.

Some of you, who are on my FB-Friendslist already noticed - I've managed to apply for a new job. I am still employed with the Deutsche Bank, but I'm out of customer service and sales which after 14 years is a very welcomed change. The department I'm transferring to is far more challenging and I have exponentially more responsibility...

More money, better working conditions - it's basically everything I've dreamed of job-wise.

The downside - I can't access the site anymore. As of beginning of 2013 our IT-Department has caught up with their security settings and blocked the site (basically every site which requires a log in, no matter what it is unless it's specifically a Deutsche Bank-site).

Even if they didn't I wouldn't be able to spent time on the site within my new department - I would be risking getting fired.

What does this mean?

I have absolutely no time anymore to run any games here - My ambitions to establish a Sandbox SR4 setting are going to be shelved for now unless someone wants to take over (PM me pls, I gladly help out).

I'm still evaluating if I'll be able to spent time on the site on my weekends to make normal player posts, but it's going to be worse than Dawn's situation, I'm certain about that.

I may find time every once in a while to join chat and keep in touch with you all (which I don't want to miss) but I fear my ability as reliabe poster has been dealt a more than critical hit.

I'm really sorry but while I'm really happy to start a new career before I turned 40, I'm sad to let go of one of my hobbies... N!Prime.

Signing off

Joani

I sympathize. My company finally blocked it after 6 years of me working here. However, at least for now, I've managed to use the wifi hotspot of my phone to connect my tablet to the internet and access that way. Like you, I can't really spend much time on the site however, and at the moment my home life mostly revolves around 2 month old twins.

Archived