[BESM 3e] Anime Madness

Gabe OOC

A game I am considering to run... basically, RP interspersed with fights.

You are all members of an anime club, granted extraordinary powers based on your favorite shows by a mysterious figure... and you'll find that many of these shows are actually real... in our world.

400 CP

*House Rules*

6,6 always hits and does double damage for PC's

6,6 is auto hit for anything attacking

6,6 auto defense for anything defending

1,1 always misses for attacks

1,1 always fails for power activation

1,1 always hit when rolled for defense

Defender always wins

When reduced to negative HP, characters with regeneration regenerate all negative HP in one turn, regardless of how deep they go, so long as they do not die. The use of a healing power on someone in negative heal will always bring them up to at least 0 hp, regardless of how deep into the negative they are.

There is no limit on Toughness, or Energy bonus. I am changing their costs to 1 cp per rank. Each rank gives you 10 hp or 10 ep.

Regeneration can be used for EP or HP, but must be decided at Character creation, You may have both kinds.

This sounds, interesting. I do have a horrible suspicion that I'll fail to produce a full working character.

Based on previous data points it's going to be either that or the whole game dies stillborn.

As for power sets my initial thought is that of Ryoko from No Need for Tenchi, which admittedly is a fairly broad one so I'll look deeper into its plausibility.

Stretching it a bit though the Touhou Project opens up a fair bit, well from my perspective, and ever since stumbling upon them I've been partial to the powers of the girls from Black Rock Shooter. So who knows.

Oh dear, how ever could I forget the Nanoha verse, such an excellent mine for appropriate powers and certainly a favourite of mine.

Couple of questions.

1: Does the power our character has also come with the weaknesses said power has in the Anime our character derives power from?

2: I know there is no bloody way giant robots will fly, but what about Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, or the Hardsuits from Bubblegum Crisis?

3: Is it possible for a character to be mutated by this and take on inhuman/non-human/alien features from the power? Pointed ears, Cat ears and tails, heck green skin and antennae... Does that happen?

Just curious. BTW, you had me at hello. I'm just looking for details. :D

Someone got to be the bad ass of group, so i'm calling onto myself. Mr.POPO! "So maggots let the game be a foot." Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!"

Mr. Popo: "Bitch, don't even think about it."

Ahem, Mr. Popo is already going to be showing up in this game... and no copycats.

Mr. Popo: "Bitch, don't even think about it."

Ahem, Mr. Popo is already going to be showing up in this game... and no copycats.

I think I'm gonna go cry in a corner for a while now...

And I'm still pondering concepts & where to steal a power set from. Leaning towards Touhou to be honest.

At this point, I have found that on forum or in chat, very few people are listening, and I have found my interest in this waning greatly consequently. Honestly, there are games I am more invested in, and this is not something I can retain my sanity by doing.

Moral of the story, wide open anime game does not work, unless you're Justin/Long.

Few people are listening? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. There's been a lot of buzz the last week or so among the anime-fans of the community over this.

I mean, if you want to back out, that's cool...no hard feelings over it...but it seems a little weird to me that you're blaming the people who have been talking more or less nonstop about it for days. :)

You haven't, in fact, said much or given much to work with. We're abuzz and what we're actually told is generally listened to from what I've seen.

But if you do bow out, well, I think Max just said it better than I could.

And this is probably the fastest I've seen a game canned by its GM; 27 hours and 4 minutes between first posting of idea and saying "Fuck it".

Look.

I want this to work. I am willing to give advice, even, on getting this to work.

I was probably the most interested on this.

If Jer wants to drop this I understand, but if this'll be a open setting,or hell, if people didn't mind I will pick this ball up.

Dammit, I won't let this die! I think I got this Netbook sorted, so I will be able to monitor things. I just want to be able to play the character I was thinking.

Ok, you're right, I'm letting my feelings run away with me here. But understand this... I can and will still run this, but I most certainly am making it clear that I am not letting everyone in. There's already more interest than players I can handle... be warned.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived