Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - Desires for the Future

Sasha Mewes

The early morning sun welcomed Sasha to her private Bohemian home. She had taken the red eye flight just to get there. There was much weighing on her mind that sh wished to forget under the cleansing rays and warm water of her private beach. It had been a little less than a month since the Amanda event. While she didn't like to think about it much, it lingered in her mind, almost like it was taunting her.

Sasha didn't waste any time when she got to her destination. She wanted to have some sun fun time today. When she got to her home, she shed her clothing pretty quickly, took a shower and then headed to her beach, with only a towel in hand. She swam, she sunbathed. She was alone with her thoughts. Or so she though she was.

"Connor, this one requires your touch."

"I can't keep being the Headhunter, Director, other agencies and nations will protest of an unfair advantage."

Director Horst looked at the taller nova standing in his office, and nodded. "They already do, quietly, Connor. Still This one isn't someone I can send one of the others." He placed a hardcopy file of one "Mews, Sasha" on his desk which Connor picked up and leafed through quickly.

"Well, I can see why you want me on this."

"Then you'll do it?"

"Yes, I'll go talk to her, and offer her a job with Public Relations, it seems she's already got a following there."

"Good I want you there as soon as possible. We've record of her flying there this morning, on the redeye, so You should be off then."

Connor Nodded, looking at the picture, and the estate, before taking his leave to head out. He made for his office on the tenth floor and locked it behind him. He stared at the picture, the woman in it was utterly stunning. Finally he tore his eyes away to look up the locale on Google maps, getting a relatively up to date picture of things. Seeing that it was on a beach, he changed into a simple T-shirt and trunks, having learned to keep several outfits in his small office closet, since he didn't always wish to waste power gating home.

He shut down his computer, and smiled. "Once more into the breech." He opened a Gateway to the nearby area, happy to emerge out of sight. He'd become old hat at doing this, showing up to meet new novas, or at least ones that had newly garnered the DSA's attentions.

With little more thought, he walked out onto the beach that was on the other side of the privacy fence, and then into the surf. The warm water reminded him of the beaches at home, and the ones he enjoyed surfing off Hawaii.

He took his time, walking submerged and went around the fence, until he found the bounds of the other side, then made for the middle. Only then did he start heading for the beach.

Under the late morning Sun, Connor seemed to rise from the sea, a dark-haired Adonis, his clothing clinging to his perfectly sculpted body, his mane of dark brown hair glistening with seawater. He was still standing in the surf when he stopped, not setting foot onto actual property, Only then did he realize the Vision of sensuality laying languidly on the towel on the beach wore nothing but her bare skin. Quickly he shut his eyes, so as not to stare. "Miss Muse I presume?" Even with his eyes closed, his voice was rich, warm, and inviting. It bespoke a man of authority, who truly enjoyed his life, someone everyone loved to know. My name is Connor Fontenot, I'd like to talk with you some, if you can spare the time."

Sasha popped up as she heard the voice of an angel call out to her. What? Connor? here, her thoughts were absolutely ecstatic as she sat up and saw the man who had been in her fantasies more than a few times. She wondered if this was that kind of dream and pinched her side. No, she thought, still awake. Even better. Good lord he looks even better in person. She stood there for a moment admiring her intruder's physique. A step closer and she realized his eyes were closed. Modesty, she thought, a fleeting value these days.

"Excuse me," she said speaking her native Spanish as she wrapped her beach towel around her, "I usually don't get such visitors this early." As if she ever got visitors like him. "Please, open your eyes." As he opened them, she saw that the towel seemed to hug every bit of her curvacious hard body. It was one poke away from being off again. Connor got that she planned for such a scenario if it needed to happen. She walked closer to him, slowly swaying her ample hips. Standing before him, she looked up with a warm smile, her arms crossed below her breasts. "Connor Fontenot," she said with sensuous assurance, "welcome to my home. You can stand here all day - which I wouldn't mind, I've got nothing to do either - or we can go somewhere where it's less wet." She politely reached out an inviting hand.

He smiled. "I'd prefer inside pleased, and if it's not a burden, I'd ask you get dressed, I'd be considerably more comfortable."

It was such a polite request it was hard to say no to him. "I'll stay on the patio for a bit to dry myself and my clothes out while you change, then perhaps, you and I can discuss why I'm here today."

He took her hand. "Thank you for the memorable welcome, I doubt it's one I'll ever forget." He replied to her in her native Spanish, and spoke with no accent, flawlessly.

He allowed her to lead him up the beach, unable to completely silence his libido, it had been a good while, and she was both very appealing, and attractive. Finally, he did as he said standing in the sun as she left him alone, his fast drying trunks doing as advertised as he wrung out the excess in the sand, and then stripped off his shirt, wringing it out. He'd have to deal with it being abit damp, but it was better than sopping wet.

He wondered how she'd take this intrusion into her life, once he got to the reason he was here, hopeful she'd take it as he'd mean it, a chance to make a positive impact.

She knew he spoke Spanish, but this well? Bravo. He must have had super brains packing under that fine ass body. She nodded when he asked her to put some clothes on. Not exactly like in her fantasies of him, but hey, you had to start somewhere. "You're welcome," she said happily, "then again I've heard that a lot. And I'm sure you've had your fair share of thanks for doing... nothing but standing there being yourself." She chuckled

She lead him to the patio by hand, there was many things she wanted to say (and do) to him, but it appeared he was on official business. Who says you can't mix business with pleasure, she thought, it's my favorite pastime. She grabbed a plush white robe and draped it over her as she entered the house. That was all she needed. Connor on the other hand, needed extra time to dry off. She tried to position herself where he couldn't see him undress. She was very pleased with what she saw. She wanted to say it's everything she imagined, but no, it was even better! Her willpower barely kept her from exiting before he was finished.

When he was done, she came out to greet him again. The robe covered what it needed to, but Connor's super sight kept him drawn to the most obvious of subtle wordless flirts. He knew this would happen, her profile said it would happen. Time to get to business.

He smiled, and it was like she beheld the first rays of the sun on a warm morning, far from harsh, but hopeful and joyous. He allowed her to lead them both to a pair of patio chairs, he didn't want to ruin furniture, after all. "Miss Mewes, I imagine you're quite curious as to why I've shown up at your backdoor at this moment. I will start by saying You are not under investigation of any sort to my knowledge, and that this is meant to be an opportunity for you." There was something in the way he said her name that bespoke the fact he knew about the "Real" Sasha Mewes.

He relaxed, losing the more formal tone, and slipped easily into a more casual one. "You've lived the high life for over two years now, haven't you? It's been a good run, lots of fun hasn't it?" he nodded, knowing he spoke the truth. "Has it gotten old yet, always getting your way, watching everyone do every little thing you say? knowing your words can inspire greatness, or break minds?"

"Every little detail, every nuance, it can all have massive reprecussions, things you wanted to happen, and things you most certainly didn't." He looked at her, and she finally was able to see his bright Yellow eyes, almost like the brightest gold, as they narrowed slightly. Being the Center of attention, the life of the party, it's a great rush, a Euphoria almost isn't it? It's also a special sort of hell for those who just wish to be truly free."

He wanted to see how she responded to his words thus far before he came to the heart of it all, and knew she'd pick up where he was going.

The smile was magnificent. If she thought she could stand one moment in time, that would be of the top ones. Is this what people think of when they look at me, she asked herself in thought. She took both of his hands this time. The patio had a nice decor setting. There were a few things out of place, Connor noted with a glance, but till, she took up his sight more than anything else.

As Connor talked, Sasha tried to listen attentively, but her eyes kept drifting to other places. Still, she got the jist of it. Connor noticed that she was a bit more interested in him more than his speech. Even the slightest movement told him everything he wanted to know. She was going to say yes.

"Connor," she said as she moved one flexible leg over the other, "You didn't have to say a word. I would have said yes." She sighed, "but then you started talking." Her voice turned serious, "I don't know if your files told you this or not, but last month, I got a cold bucket of water to the face. Her name was Amanda. She had given up her life to follow me. To BE like me. I had destroyed someone's life by living how I wanted. And it hurt."

Connor nodded. "I see." he knew what he'd read about her lifestyle, and finding someone had given up a regular life completely, that could be a most sobering effect, one he was glad he'd not engendered luckily. He held her hand and idly rubbed the back of it. "I'm sorry that you've gone through that, that you learned that lesson the hardest way."

He leaned in, and offered a slight smile. "I have read the file, and even with all the data, I really don't think it tells me who you truly Are, Miss Mewes. It did not talk about your encounter with Amanda, though. Can something be done to repair her life? If I can help with that, I will, even if it's just as moral support."

"That's if you want to go that route, and that offer's good, even if you turn down the main opportunity I came to speak to you about."

He nodded, leaning back from her and holding her gaze with his. "I'd like to ask you to consider joining the Department of Superhuman Affairs, the United States based Nova oversight agency and thinktank. I know you could make a positive impact on people's lives through the DSA, it may not be as glamorous as your life to now, but You will be working with other novas, and regular people to help make the world better for us all."

"That's the company line at any rate. There's all sorts of details regarding compensation, and such, rights as an agent, and the like, and the fact you aren't a US citizen. Still those things are somewhat boring, and can be handled at a later date, really. I'm abit more concerned with you, though. Is there something you need, something you'd like to do? Anything said is simply between you and I, I just get the distinct feeling you you're unhappy, and I really don't like to see women unhappy." He left off that he was somewhat used to it, considering how many women he'd turned down, quite politely, but still they tended to approach happy and leave saddened.

He was perhaps the most genuine man she'd ever met. There was no lie in his voice, his words, or the way his subtle body language, just an older nova offering a hand to one who'd been hit hard by the harsher side of the reality of her life.

The genuine attitude on top of the Adonis body, this just made Sasha want Connor even more. Though it didn't stop the rush of feeling coming from the other direction. Sasha pulled her hair back with one hand with a sigh and a frown. "I really don't think I can fix Amanda. Maybe a good shrink. Or maybe I ruined her forever," she said softly. She closed her amber eyes and pinched the bridge between them. For the first time, Connor saw that she was not trying to seduce him with her body language but was actually thinking. He could see the mental wounds opening back up as Sasha remembered more and more. It was a nearly heartbreaking sight. Connor was quantumly gifted to avoid such a thing, but he wasn't heartless. She needed to get this ghost of a memory laid to rest.

The moment of silence was broken when Sasha opened her eyes and spoke up with false bravado, "This DSA thing. What will I be doing? I'm just another pretty face and body." She extended her foot over to playfully rub his exposed thigh, "I'm sure they have enough of that with you there." Anything to get her mind off of the past. That's what she was in this tropical setting for. Less angst.

"Maybe you cannot "fix" Amanda, but it is something only you can decide to try or not."

He nodded once and moved on to answer her other inquiries. "That really has not been determined. We do have some aptitude tests to see what you may be best at, but considering we discover something new Novas can do regularly, They're not one hundred percent. I know if nothing else we can have you made a part of public relations, where you'll speak with people, explain what it is that we do, and why we work so hard to do it."

"They didn't really know what they wanted from me either, when they approached me."

"There is something that may be of interest to you, I am technically in PR too, and they give me a long leash to do as I want with my acting. Still I do get to travel the world and discuss nova-human relations with our counterparts around the world. It's been good fun, and I can see you tapped eventually to do much the same."

He looked at her. "We do have the gift of getting people to see things our way, and our government asks only that we present our case or findings more often than not." He chuckled. "They send their own to deal with us, when they can, so that the playing field always stays level." It wasn't pleasant thinking about what could happen at these meetings, and he shrugged. "Or, we could certainly make use of your artistic talents. It will ultimately be something you are totally comfortable with, Miss Mewes, Or you won't sign. I will back your decision, however you choose."

There were no telltale indications of quantum being used to back his words, this was all the straight truth from a Man who could sell diet supplements to a starving man.

As he spoke, her serpentinely agile leg seemed to be free of her will as it continued it's slow exploration of his upper leg. She seemed aware of what she was doing with it though she never took her eyes off him. He didn't crack either, at least outwardly. She guessed this is why they payed him the big bucks, to look pretty and not budge an inch.

"Well, Mr Fontenot, like I said, 'you had me at hello'. But I'd like to make a request on top of you finding Amanda and getting her some mental help. As an aside, if I'm needed for anything during that, you'll have my full cooperation. No, Connor, what I really want is you to stay here for a bit. You'll find out I'm a most gracious host. I'm sure you've been worked ragged. A day or two? They won't miss you."

Connor saw there was more than one intention in her voice. He knew he'd be walking into something more than just a visit. Then again, her voice and body could make the dead rise to take notice. Who could deny that?

There was a part of him that railed against it, he didn't really know her, he had other responsibilities, things he should do and accomplish. The other part knew that since she was joining the DSA, it would do well to get to know her better, and she was right after all, he had been working long hard hours. Finally there was another part of his brain, one he'd grown used to ignoring. His libido was practically Starved, It had been since the boat party that he'd been with anyone, and From all the signals he was reading, it would only remain so by his choice.

It was impulsive, but he came to a decision. "They will, but you know, I believe I have no immediately pressing business. I was told I could take my time, if I chose."

He nodded. "I will make the necessary calls, for both your contract, and seeing to Amanda later, at your convenience. I do believe I'll take you up on your gracious hospitality, Miss Mewes. Perhaps though you'll indulge me in one small thing." He idly allowed one of his hands to brush against the thigh of the leg brushing his, and he smiled. "Mr. Fontenot is far too formal.. Connor will more than suffice between us." There was a warmth in his smile that stated clearly her other message and intentions were clear, and well received.

"How then would you suggest we pass our time?" If ever there was a look as achingly seductive as the one he gave her at that moment, it would be beyond all belief, and he smiled.

Sasha smiled when Connor offered her his first name. How quaint. She hadn't let anyone use her real name in so long she had forgotten how it sounded. Sasha. It was her grandmother's name. She wondered how Connor would say it. "You can call me Sasha," there was a bit of pause before she said her name, like she was granting him permission into her head.

"How then would you suggest we pass our time?" If ever there was a look as achingly seductive as the one he gave her at that moment, it would be beyond all belief, and he smiled.

Even if there wasn't a sun and this were the coldest day in winter, she'd feel warmed by that smile. Standing up she offered her hand to him, which he took, and pulled him up from the seat. There was a long moment of silence as she pulled him closer and wrapped his arms around her waist. They blissfully stared into each other as they entwined in each other's hold. No words need be spoken. Sasha couldn't think of anything other than this perfect statue of a man she was holding.

She stood on the heels of her feet and pecked him softly on the lips. "We're in Paradise, Connor," she said speaking up with a new welcome on her voice, her finger traveling casually up and down his back. She looked over to the clear water beach. Taking her eyes off of him almost seemed like a sin. She looked back to him. "And I am your hostess. Anything you want or need, just ask.." Her amber eyes seemed to glint, "I think you're famished though. Come inside. I will make you lunch." She pulled herself away from him, but kept hold of his hand and guided him into her home. Of course Connor knew no food was going to be served, but his appetite was going to be sated.

Archived