Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - HoH: Looking Through A Glass Onion (OOC)

Heritage

Most cars are made of heavily alloyed steel, aluminum and plastic. What iron there is isn't really pure enough to be terribly disruptive...

Further, iron only disrupts Sigil's magic. Her body is still mostly flesh and blood, and iron isn't any worse for that then it is for anyone else. It does negate her Protection though, and its touch will Nullify any manifestation of her magic. Iron shackles wouldn't cause damage to her, but it would stop her from being able to teleport away.

A 'true' fey would probably have a Vulnerability to 'cold' (pure) iron, and would take damage from it, since they are essentially magical manifestations themselves.

Sigil is basically a mortal willworker, who's power originates from blood ties to the fey, along with having lived in Faerie for...a very long time.

So do we want to start a fresh thread for Rusty's? Also, would you be interested in a little solo fun with Colby, HH, either as a solo thread or PM action? Blitz and I did a bit of PM stuff and it worked out well for 'offscreen' storytelling.

And as a note, what Max says is true about modern American cars, but there might be a few bits of scrap iron lying around, like old radiators or cast iron tubs, so while Sigil should be fine overall, there might be a bit of scary matertial out there.

Heritage, that depends. Is there anything else you 'need' to get done in the current thread? Not sure if there was any other material you needed to cover or whatever. Otherwise, I'm fine with a time jump and new thread.

I'd love to do a side thread or pm stuff with you. One request: If it's by PM, could you pm my quotemyname account? That way I'll be able to respond on my cell phone. (can't figure out how to do sub accounts on the mobile app yet).

I think we can probably move forward with a new thread, set say two weeks after the events of this one; look for it to show up tomorrow afternoon.

HH, we might just want to keep in as a thread visible to all; Blitz has a few secrets to keep, but I think Russ is pretty much an open book, at least to the rest of the team.

Openness and communication about his past?! What a novel idea. :D

I'm game for moving on to a training thread. I'm also available if we you guys need me for Russ.

Speaking of Russ... I'll get to our post soon. I had a brilliant idea, and between having it and the thread getting to it, I forgot it. :blush: I'll come up with something shortly and get us rolling again.

Archived