Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Axis and Allies World setting

Dawn OOC

still doesn't explain density increase, unless I want to ditch that part, but I really don't because that is the Colossus inspired part (his body has properties similar to Osmium one of the densest elements. Lodestone isn't osmium but a new element that is similarly dense with some other unique properties).

Got it sorted, see below.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I figured out how to create a subaccount through my profile...but how do I link the accounts so I can quick-switch them? It says I can't link myself, but when I attempt to log out and log in as the sub account, it says the password is different from my normal one. I feel like there is an easier way I'm not figuring out.

IN that case...

Dispersed Organs x 2, Armor, and perhaps Invulnerability will give you what your looking for... the Dispersed Organs can be used thematically for the all metal thing.

,, ,,

I think I have figured out a way to take Kruls' and the rest of your's suggestions and blend it with my idea in a way that will work.

I won't be able to do as many "stunts" off of his transformation into a perfect (fictional) superconducting element to begin with, but his theme will be solidly established and besides... that is what experience is for.

Because superconductivity is a quantum effect to begin with, (and please note I am taking real science and extrapolating it into comic book/steampunk science here), I will have 3 states: Dormed down/human. Undormed/metal, and then the bodymorph will be him increasing the density of his magic metal on a quantum level which I am going to say is what allows it to cross the threshhold for superconductivity (as opposed to supercooling, which is part of the science-fiction properties of the metal).

What this does is something that I really like...he won't be super strong all the time, but the Density Increase gives similar soak to Resiliency x2 and a virtual increase in strength. So rather than he gets more buff, the extra strength comes from going superconductive, allowing him to lift things with his personal diamagnetic field (so like touch range TK), which also fits in with Aberrant's explanation of Mega Str as a kind of Quantum TK for the purposes of lifting whole battleships etc.

What this means is that half of his powers will be linked to his bodymorph and half will not. I know that this game is not actually using strengths and weaknesses so I won't get anything for it but I think it fits the way the theme is put together and so I am going to voluntarily take on those weaknesses anyway.

So yeah, thank you all for the input! I think it has made the character even more solid (no pun intended), so thank you for the feedback! It was the reminder about dispersed organs that finally made it make sense in my mind. Good call Krul. :)

Now if I can just figure out how to switch to my character account I can post a full writeup...

When I go to settings and sub accounts I am able to create the account. Yet it is not showing up in my quick switch menu (says -none-). What's the step about changing the name and creating the account? I have 2 ready to go but can't find out how to link or switch them...

Yes it is very strange. When I log out and try to log in as the subaccount it says "Error: You are trying to log in with your subaccount. Please log in with your OOC account.

I tried to say "I lost my password" to have it send me a new one, to see if that would work, but the captcha seems to be broken...every time I enter it exactly and tried both case sensitive and non case sensitive it says that I've entered it incorrectly...

May need to inquire with Chosen.

Ok. For future reference what is the limit? Or does it have more to do with the specifics of this particular mission?

I personally don't like to see more than 3 people in a fiction thread, especially one that I expect to move fast. I find that the more people you get involved, the more likely one of them will have something bad happen that will cause the thread to grind to a halt. Honestly, I prefer solo threads for long-term stories, like I'm doing for Conditionat.

All good to note. I take it the bigger threads are more for the mixer-type situations then?

That's how I view them. Basically, in a social thread, you don't have people integral to the story; it's all about IC interaction and having a good time.

Einherjar, the Nazi ubermensch. Posterboy for the Aryan ideal. Face of the elite Axis supersoldiers. A terrifying force of nature who has swept across Europe like the storm personified and crushed the lives of thousands under his heel.

And secretly an Allied spy who has been working for them for years, ever since his warrior-Norse idealism was burned away by the reality of the Nazis.

Thoughts? :D

Sounds awesome to me! Hitler was really into the occult and norse/germanic mythology (Votan, Wotan,Odin etc...). Portraying such a character who is supposedly responsible for such atrocities is going to be a very challenging line to walk, though one you are more than capable of pulling off.

Also, I am preparing a German defector who has connections within the Nazi ubermensch program, so we should probably pow wow about that. You game?

There's no good way, within the system and the setting rules (no weaknesses) to be able to change your appearance for the purpose of creating alternate identities/disguises (a la Mystique) without buying a level 3 power. That's really the only problem. I'd either have to submit an idea for a modification of an existing enhancement or power or a completely new one, or beg for an exception to the weakness/strength rule, and those options are a little too super-special-snowflakey for me.

er...what about: Mega-Appearance with Appearance Alteration, Copycat, and Mr. Nobody? Bam. alternate identities/disguises...

Edit: To pull of mystique you'd also need the sex change enhancement as she often takes on the appearance of men. It's from TNF, which IIRC is permitted for this setting.

Archived