[Adventure!] The Exotic Acquisitions Department (OOC)

This has happened a few times now. For myself as a player, Heritage, I need something for my character to respond to have anything to post. Sitting in a plane while it lands isn't something my character has any part of, and nothing else was set for that scene.

I'm just feeling a real disconnect between what you're expecting from us as players and what's being provided of the game world to interact with. I ask this in all seriousness and without sarcasm (and I state it so because text has so little way to show inflection), but what kind of posts/responses were you expecting from anyone but Anne from your last ST post? What was there for us to actually do or respond to?

This is a very valid point, Mala, and I think it reflects a style of play I'm used to from when I used to play on Freedom City: Play-by-Post, when folks popped in every day and filled threads with lots of idle chit-chat. I think people here are a bit more focused and goal-oriented, or at least they are out of more social threads. I need to keep that in mind going forward.

Alright, I'm not so sure keeping this game alive is such a good idea; I've been in a bit of a creative malaise recently that I can't quite figure out the source of, and it's very upsetting to me. When I first started this game, I was full of exciting new ideas, but now it's like they've all abandoned me. When I sit down at the computer and look at this thread, I feel nothing. I think I need a change in my life; no, this doesn't mean I'm going to leave the site or drop my commitments to other games, but I think I need to focus on what's working, and I don't feel this game is part of that.

I so hate writing posts like this; I've done it far too many times in my life, but I think denying when something isn't working right is more hurtful than abrupt painful honesty. I don't think i should be part of a game that I can't find the enthusiasm for with the hope that I can ride on the passion of others, because that is a recipe for disaster.

My apologies to you all.

*hugs* Get yourself worked out, hun. Games come and go and we all know this. Hopefully you'll be able to pin down what's got you feeling in a funk and come back to gaming and life in general feeling better than ever. Good luck!

Archived