[Adventure!] The Exotic Acquisitions Department (OOC)

Something Heritage sent me by PM in response to a chat question:

Yes, feel free to mention previous missions and make them sound as crazy as you like. Bear in mind the EAD is still relatively new, with only a handful of ops under its belt since the start of 1938. Please relay this info to the others!

Hi gang! Just a quick hello typed in on my phone, and few points to go over. I was waiting on Tarik, but if I get a chance to pop in before Weds, I may throw up a quick post. Also my take on the setting is that the Hammersmith event made Inspiration more common, but there have been rare Inspired in the past. And lastly, Merry Christmas!

Hi guys! So I forgot I'm scheduled for an insanely long day today, and I don't get out of work until after 7pm Chicago time, so I might not be able to get a longer post in today, but I will try and find a library I can use that's open late. Otherwise, you will see postings tomorrow after 11 am CST.

I had an idea. Heritage, what do you think of adding Combat Styles from Aberrant the New Flesh to this game? The mechanics are largely transplant-able with minimal change, and most of these styles are definitely already long known before the late 1930s. Also, they're much more useful than in Aberrant. :D

The New Flesh is on the site. It has pretty detailed martial arts rules, and Golden Gunplay would fit more in this game than in Aberrant. That and it has a far amount of description of how it can be inserted into a Adventure game.

(Bit of enlightened self interest, I was thinking of moving Anne in that direction, although I'll probably need to improve a few things before hand, then probably have some sort of in-story time period where she starts to learn the true ways of the gun.)

Well it's obvious what Anne will have for the flight, but on scene that is a different game.

* Well tailored red dress (perfect for a proper lady)

* Hold out pistol under the dress (probably a derringer)

* woman's handbag with a switch blade and makeup kit

* pocket watch (for synchronizing with the team)

* A well-tailored trenchcoat. (It's April, it's probably not that warm)

Anne can't take too much into the Auction, unfortunately. Hopefully with Tarik there if there are any suprises us two can at least make a fighting retreat.

Heri - Nothing deadly, that's not Archimedes' style. She'll have her hair in a french braid and the pins will have varying potencies of sodium pentothal ("truth serum") on them. The less potent pins are towards the bottom and work their way up as they go up her braid. In low doses it'll make people lose their inhibitions and make lying more difficult, kind of like getting drunk, but skipping tipsy and going straight to sleepy. Higher doses act as an anesthetic, anti-convulsant, and eventually high enough doses can knock a person out in seconds.

'Tis a useful little bugger, it is. :D

Anne can't take too much into the Auction, unfortunately. Hopefully with Tarik there if there are any suprises us two can at least make a fighting retreat.

More than that... If the @#$% really hits the fan, Tarik could probably bring the building down if properly inspired to do so (see what I did there?).

I'll actually list a few paltry items he'd probably take with him (it's entirely likely he's already got some of this stuff laying around):

- A Cape! (Dry Clean Only)

- A Cane! (Something with which to provide a good 'whumping' if needed).

- A jeweled broach fixed to his turban.

- A fancy pocket watch with some sort of stopwatch or timing feature (essential for coordinating team activities before radios).

- Some sort of Appraisal Magnifying Glass

Pretty much a collection of innocuous items. The cane and/or the magnifying glass are really the only things I see that have the possibility of impacting any rolls. And I don't even plan on using the Cane :P

I'll start that up tomorrow.

From what I know it is something similar to a Catalina (without the navy armaments) although I'm not sure of the Catalina exists by the time of the game. Although having a similar aircraft to it built by Anne herself seems more possible. (Anne is practically Howard Hughes, without the mental issues.)

Will just need to see the particulars on the other gadgets. (Being Polyvalent (able to use runways or land on water), The fire suppression system for the engines that close the engine air intakes and flood the engine nacelle with CO2, plus any others)

My apologizes for the complete lack of action in this game! Between the extreme cold here in Chicago (we got down to single digits yesterday, and have been in the teens more often than not) and me trying to fight of a cold (seems to have been successful), I have not been near a library in several days. Looking to post here today or tomorrow at the latest!

Archived