Sign in to follow this  
The Traveler

Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Mission 3: Getting back to Basics [Yep, Mature... again]

Yomiko looked about the ship. It's been about a week since she had a slip of judgement and caused an entire world to have an Eruption event.

Her mother saw that while her solution was creative, there was a slip of ethics. So she gave her a challenge.

Yomiko didn't like it, but by the way The Professor herself phrased it, where she was going she was needed. Although when Yomiko radioed ahead, nothing was going on.

Was this a test?

She rummaged through her things, looking for a change of look since her mother reccomended giving a new look for "The Librarian" than what she had been using... Perhaps it was time for a new moniker?

"Ugh... this is frustrating... Image is just as important as content in Universe 343... Hell, Daniel's gonna find this corny as hell..."

She sighed, resigning herself to putting a body-tight white vacuum-suit on, with some blue rain boots she found on her last Brittanian trip. A tactical vest she borrowed from Rebecca, and a pair of goggles. The large white rain poncho she used as a cape sort of amused her.

She had only wetted her feet in her youth into the superhero culture of the Universe they were headed to, but this look... seemed too practical. Although it fit a person who jumped from universe to universe exploring the unknown.

"The Explorer?... naw... The Wanderer?... hmm..."

"The Traveler" perhaps." came Daniel's voice. "Though I prefer Yomiko." he smiled as he stood in her doorway, and nodded. "So why are we coming to this world?" Should I worry about having an alternate identity?"

"Well as I said before... it's more for fun... then again this world has two sides. The public heroes of this world wear uniforms fitting their branch of service or country they work for. Everything from those in law enforcement and first responders to those in the armed forces.Sure has helped militaries play clean."

"Those that are more the "civilian" types wear costumes. Sometimes as a fashion, some to fit their moniker. To be honest... it's fun."

Smiling she ruffled Daniel's hair. "It's not necessary... but it helps to join in."

She straightens out, smiling. "The Traveler sounds good... a couple of folk I know in this universe would be happy I'm taking a modern bend to my identity."

"Been curious what you'd take on once you get an idea." She says after a passionate kiss. "I think here... you might like the freedom. People do what they do because they want to help... not from any obligation other than what they take on."

She adjusted the thick collar on her suit that sat on her shoulders, then pulled up the cowl-like headgear until only her bangs in front were visible, then puts her goggles on over her eyes.

"Now... I'm going to head to the bridge, more than likely I'm going to be hailed once I appear over Stonehenge." She said, sighing.

"Sir Britain, he's a bit punctual... likes his composite carbon fiber plate armor too..."

he nodded. "I'll just go as I am. They'll learn, and shouldn't have issue remembering me." he followed her to the bridge and stood in the background, at one of the duty stations. "So here we go.."

Yomiko took her poncho off and laid it over her captain's seat as Rebecca and Tetsuko walked in.

Rebecca wore one of the suits Yomiko found at the last stop, one of the dark navy blue ones. She grabbed some pilot gear that her mom left for the fighter she was working on that is still in storage in the hangar in the aft cargo bay. But Tetsuko's choice...

"Tetsuko! You seemed to have found something a friend of my mother's left behind."

The white sailor collared bodysuit amused Yomiko. "Doesn't really fit a theme for you though..."

"I'll figure out something... I think... Rebecca is phoning it in."

"I'm the Aviatrix, Tetsuko."

Yomiko smiled as she looked at the view screen coming alive. "You'd fit in over in Japan, that's for sure."

"This is RAF Cardiff calling unknown spacecraft, Please identify..."

Yomiko forgot that they've not seen the Hikari Maru in it's default mode.

"This is Yomiko Hino, captain of the Hikari Maru. UN Clearance number 3-Delta-Niner, Niner, Epislon. I'm back."

The viewscreen comes on, showing a man in silvery white plate armor. "Oh my... You can't... wait... that smile... You've grown again, Lady of the Paper!"

Yomiko smiled. "The Traveler will suffice."

"I see you've brought companions on your trip, milady."

"Yes, this is Daniel, he is new here, and my fiancee. The Aviatrix, another fellow traveler, and Sea Talon, a hero from another universe's orient."

Yomiko was good at crafting stories.

"Well, Sir Daniel, you have a good woman to follow. She is as just as she is wise."

A man in a RAF officer's uniform appears on a side screen.

"Alright Miss Yomiko Hino, your clearance is accepted. Your... ship... is pretty large..."

Yomiko touches a few buttons and it returns to the familiar raft form they knew.

"Nevermind... At least that'll fit in at any RNLI dock."

Rebecca chuckled.

"Can't help it my Mom never fixed the chamelion circuit... Actually I was wondering if I could get clearance to enter Japanese airspace?"

A third screen pops up, with a girl wearing a white bodysuit with red trim at the seams that made it look more like a Mecha pilot's suit than anything superheroic.

"Thanks RAF air command, pretty quick I might... Yomiko is that you?"

"Lieutenant Aino... excellent. How is the Prime Minister?"

"Great. Boring life though as nothing more than a mere mortal."

Yomiko held up a finger. "Yet you still do your job, don't you?"

The Lieutenant nodded. "Tokyo Branch has authorised your landing. Use the Sumida River access marina."

Yomiko nodded as the girl looked at Daniel. "Umm... who's the hottie?"

Daniel smiled. "Hotstreak." the way he smiled, it made anyone seeing it like him, and for the women, it was a special secret smile just for them that set hearts aflutter. "Friends of Yomiko can call me Daniel."

He looked to the other super on the screen and nodded. He made Daniel think of Caestus Pax, without the sequoia up his rear. "It's a pleasure to be of help."

The modern-day knight nodded and closed his signal with the RAF officer closing right after.

The Japanese Lieutenant stayed on a side-screen as the main viewscreen became like a windscreen for landing.

"Hotstreak, huh? I like it." Yomiko said with a grin.

She hit a few buttons on the console as the ship gently landed.

"Alright, get what you guys wanna take with you out to the world. Just two rules, take nothing that might be tech from this ship that is too high-tech to get stolen, and pack for a couple weeks, just in case."

"The Japanese and I have some dealings, so things should be pretty streamlined... oh!"

She hands out some bluetooth earbud-like communicators with a mounted eyepiece. "This is the new model III comlinks, they have access to the ship's universal translator system as well. As long as you have them, everyone within 100 feet can understand you, and you can change the radius accordingly, also the eyepiece can translate any text within view."

She smiled as she stepped out from the bridge. "Meet you guys in 5 minutes!"

Yomiko grabbed her bag from her nearby bedroom then stepped out to the docks outside through her airlock, and unzipping the outer-flap that covered the door, making sure she pulled out a gangplank for everyone to walk down.

A couple of people wearing similar white and red bodysuits to the girl on screen stood at attention. One with a impressive looking energy Naginata in her hand, the other had a paired set of a Katana and Wakizashi on his belt.

"Welcome to Tokyo, Ma'am!" They said in unison. Yomiko nodded and waited for the others. "Yomiko Hino, Codename: The Traveler. I'm with 3 passengers."

Daniel packed his clothes, and smiled. He was second to debark, as he was greeted by the others. "Daniel Allard, Hotstreak." He smiled at the young woman, who seemed abit flustered seeing him in the flesh. "It's nice to have solid ground underfoot again."

He smiled. "I always wanted to go to Japan."

When Rebecca stepped out she definately looked the part of a pilot. She carried her helmet under arm and her dufflebag with supplies.

Tetsuko not needing much as an android stepped out, curious at the two guarding the ship.

"I... take it your duty is to protect our ship?" Tetsuko innocently asked. the guards nodded. There didn't seem to be any deception.

Yomiko straightened her back out, adjusting her poncho. "Alright... that girl should be appearing..."

The sound of a nearby gate opening and the girl from the transmission is seen standing at the other side of the aperture. "I got someone to open up a portal for us, Ma'am. We'll arrange your quarters while you stay."

Yomiko nodded and guided everyone through.

Once everyone was safe at the other side of the portal, the girl greeted everyone, but took particular interest in Daniel as she started filling everyone in.

First she handed what looked like white cards to everyone. "These are your ident-cards. Since you are trans-universals, I doubt there is a recognized passport system. So, these act like identification for you while you stay. There is also 100,000 yen stored on each card, courtesy of our government."

Yomiko was familiar with this, since eventually all of that money would return at some point, although in most universes 100,000 yen would only last a month at best.

"Thank you... most generous."

"Now, if there is an emergency you may recieve a request to assist where needed. Does anyone have pertinent medical or first responder skills, or have talents that would help in search and rescue?"

Rebecca and Tetsuko raise their hands, and so does Yomiko.

Daniel shook his head. "No. But if there is any sort of fire, that I can control with infinite ease." He moved, almost too fast to be seen. "And I am extremely fast." In truth he had many skills, but he knew it was best to let them be surprises. He took the identicard and nodded. "Thank you very much."

He looked to the others. "Will we be staying in the ship, or somewhere else?"

"Well, you are guests of the Japanese people, so you're here at the hotel you'll be staying at."

She gestured to a decent hotel in the center of Tokyo, near the Imperial Gardens and Residence. "We've arranged two weeks for you to stay. Any more and you can use the money on your cards to extend it."

"Also if you are staying longer, please notify the Ministry of Metahuman Affairs and they will have availiable employment opportunities, and help get your citizenship papers in order."

The blonde haired girl bows. "Welcome to Japan. You can ask your concierge for any social, cultural, or restaurant choices."

She turns, and notices that she forgot her motorcycle. "Darnit... left that at base... looks like I walk..."

Rebecca smiled. "What's the location?" She asked, pulling out a tablet.

After the girl stated an address, Rebecca pulls it up on a internet map, then touches her.

"I can teleport you, but I must ask permission first. Also what sort of safety equipment does your suit have? You will be teleported over the trainig pool for your base. Seemed the safest point."

She blinked. "Oh... thank you... you sure?"

"Positive."

The blone haired girl nodded. "I'm a good swimmer although these suits are fairly well equipped... just how high?"

"I can't get a good entanglement... could be 1000 feet."

The girl hits a couple buttons. "Got my emergency chute set. Just in case."

Rebecca nods. "I'll go with you then. Be right back soon, everyone."

The two vanish in a white light.

Tetsuko scratched her head. "I will... explore the city. I have landmarkedthe hotel on my nav-com. Goodbye." She says, walking away. Yomiko couldn't help but chuckle at Tetsuko's short skirt.

"I hope she's not going to Akihabara... she'd be accosted by 500 nerds on sight." Yomiko said.

"So... where to start, Daniel? Seems there is no disaster inbound or emergency. What's odd... is people see us and don't pay any mind... bit disturbing. People have grown that... blaise about powers being used around them?"

He nodded. "Sounds awesome. Let's go get settled into our rooms, and then we can go from there." he led her into the hotel, and got their keys. Every woman, and many men watched him as he moved through the hotel. It was obvious he was a metahuman, and he didn't care.

He looked to Yomiko. "Found fans already it would seem."

"Forgot about that factor about you."

She ruffled his hair as they reached their room. "Not bad, penthouse."

Yomiko opened the door and a beautiful view of the Imperial Palace and Gardens presented itself. Beautiful in the morning sun.

"Outstanding!"

She smiled setting her bag on a bed nearby. She took her poncho and folded it up, slipping it into a pouch on the back of the tactical vest. "Okay... looks like a nice day today."

She pulls up the weather feed. "Although we have arrived at June 12, 2012. Seems some universes are a bit off temporally than others... odd."

"But the weather will be hot. Close to 30 degrees Celsius. Not too bad for me. I wager nothing for you."

She kissed Daniel. "I bet this actually feels cold, no?"

He kissed her back. "No, it feels like normal. I am immune to heat and fire, but I do know what warmth is." he stroked her back as he held her to him. "I will teach you too, once I get things established here." He kissed her and broke away to unpack his things.

She smiled, setting out her personal things, and another outfit... this one consisting of a white blouse, brown vest, black skirt, and some black patent-leather business shoes.

"Took my usual out of habit... can't eat at a restaurant looking like this." She said, gesturing to her outfit. "Bit jealous of the Japanese Metahuman Defense Force. They get to wear their uniforms to anywhere... That's who that blone-haired girl was. She... is a Superhuman. A Mutant, like you."

She smiled. "She is a 'prodigy'. I could tell by the marks on her uniform. Not a rank marking but the stresses on it. She at least is either incredibly fast, strong, tough, or all three."

She sits on the bed. "Those other two I am familiar with. The one with the Naginata is Captain Yuki Hirano. She's served for 15 years in the JMDF with distinction. Her partner is her Apprentice, Ensign Jun Midoriyama. He just left the academy. I could tell on how clean and taken care of his uniform and weapons were and the stance of his posture. You could smell the starch."

She looked out the window again. "I... have to be honest, I have had nothing but good memories here since when my Mother first took me here."

She patted the outfit she pulled out on the bed. "You know what... I'm going to change into this, I got a old... quite old friend to look up."

She grabs the other outfit. "Be right back..." She says moving behind a fold-out wall. "...I can still hear you."

he nodded. "I know no one here, so I'll just tag along with you if that's alright, at least for a few days, then I'll go on my own, and make enough money I wager that we won't lack for it again."

he smiled. Modeling wasn't his favorite line of work, but with his looks he was a guaranteed hit, and chuckled. "This world has only had a taste of what I can do."

She smiled. "That's alright. I think you'll like him. He makes a nice sushi too. He's... a real renaissance man. But don't worry, he's very much happy with his bachelor life now. He was married."

She sighed. "One of the few failures my Mother had. His wife died before I could get to her."

"That's what happens when you experiment with a trans-quantum aperture without getting proper aim. She had no protection from the hard vacuum, and she was..."

She gritted her teeth. To her dying spaced is a nightmare. In a way she felt some guilt.

"Sorry... I was young... I didn't know everything I was capable of."

"I look forward to meeting him. After we see him, then what?" he smiled "We can enjoy a final night of good sleep, then we set out to help save Tokyo?"

"Please, Daniel... don't jinx this... That universe was alot of bad news... I don't want mytime here wrecked too!"

She managed to get a black blazer also behind the shade and when she steps out, she looks like any other businesswoman, and the bow she had at her collar made her look the model of adorkible.

"Alright... let's go." She said, adjusting her glasses.

Daniel walked over and mussed with her hair for a change. "Let's."

It was a bit of a walk, around the imperial gardens and across a river before they reached a neighborhood north of the gardens. It was a area with many university bookstores, and small shops with everything from antiques to old books. The smell of old paper and wood attracted her like a moth to fire.

Although what attracted the eyes of every straight woman, gay man, and bisexual was Daniel. He was turning heads. And Yomiko had her share, even dressed more for a night at the stock exchange than for wandering around a neighborhood antique district.

"Well... we're close. He... really likes old things. I like to call him the Antiquarian. After the accident at the Portal, he retired from Oxford University and came back home here. Tama Hirogane."

She looks around and sees "Hirogane's Antiques and Rare Books" Emblazoned on a windowon new shop space.

"Unreal... he finally made it! He's got a better shop now!"

Opening the door, she sees Tama and his only Daughter, Reiko working around the shop.

"Hirogane-Sensei! I'm back!" She politely affirms, waving.

"Miss Hino! And you've brought company!" Mr. Hirogane says, walking over and holding Yomiko by the shoulders. "You've finally grown up, little one!"

He holds out his hand. "I'm Tama, son. What's your name?" He says, smiling to Daniel.

Daniel could sense there was a quantum presence in the room, as Yomiko could. The energy seemed to center on the family.

"Daniel, sir, it is a pleasure to meet you." He both bowed and spoke perfectly unaccented Japanese. "This shop looks quite nice, I imagine there are many stories to be told from this place." It was clear he meant the stories of the objects and the man as well.

"Yomiko speaks highly of you."

"Oh... I taught her everything I know about Archaeology." He says. "And no need to speak in Japanese, Daniel. I like English around Miss Hino." He said, sounding like he belonged in London and not Tokyo. "I make my way either selling old things or translating. It's what I do now."

"Reiko dear, could you get seats for Daniel and Yomiko?"

Reiko was distracted by Daniel's appearance, only to snap to attention when hearing Yomiko's name. "Yomiko? You're?"

Yomiko smiled as Reiko started to cry and runs over, hugging her. "Welcome back, big sis!"

Yomiko smiled, but it was a bit mournful. "Get some seats, Reiko-chan."

She nods and commands two seats into position by reaching over.

"Well, your command of wood has improved, Reiko!"

She nodded as she walked back over to her school books. Yomiko looked over her sailor-collared school uniform blazer.

"Sumida Academy? Second Year Highschool, I see... It's been that long, hasn't it?"

She nodded, taking her seat near a window when she clears her eyes again, she gets distracted by Daniel again.

"Oh..." Yomiko says, sitting at the table the new chairs were at. "...I told Daniel about your sushi. Perhaps tonight we can share some of your skill?"

He clapped his hands together. "Oh yes! I love eating with my favorite student! Well... when not with Reiko."

He pulls out a seat for Daniel. "We're more western around here, so please take a seat."

"In a way Yomiko is family, if you're who I think you are, you are just as welcome here..."

He looks over to Reiko and sighs. "I think something else is drifting through little Reiko's mind than school..." He says snapping his fingers and she gets back on task.

"Reiko... since the new boy is distracted, could you head to the market and get the usual for my trademark sushi?" He says, pulling out enough yen to cover shopping and a little extra.

"Oh... right. I'm on it." She says, walking out after almost running into a wall distracted by Daniel.

"Oh to be young... " He said. "...So... what brings you two back to our wonderful universe?"

"A Vacation I hope. Things haven't gone as planned on this voyage." Daniel smiled switching to English." He seemed to tone things down some, and less attention getting. "I forget not everyone is used to dealing with someone like me." He nodded. "I will apologize to her when she returns."

":Sorry for interrupting her studies."

"Oh that is excellent! A vacation! Oh... and don't worry about Reiko. She should see more boys her age though. But I guess she can't help it." Tama grinned, he was getting a little hot under his collar himself. He was a closet Bi, although he preferred the company of women in his youth. "In any case, I get to see my favorite student again, and I get to serve her closest."

"Did you come with anyone else? I'm surprised it is just the two of you."

"Rebecca likes to do her own thing, and Tetsuko is... a curious, if not a bit silly of an android. But she's harmless. Rebecca though will probably latch on the first good cause she'll find. She's a bit... predictable." Yomiko said.

Her look took on some concern. "How are you getting along?"

Tama adjusted the lapels of his vest before smoothing back his salt-and-pepper short hair. "I'm... doing the best I can. Whenever I see Reiko's face..."

"I know, Tama... I..."

"Please, Yomiko, stop blaming yourself." He said. "Just... let's focus on the now."

"Daniel, was it... I am sure you'll have plenty of free time here... You're a guest of the family, my country, golly, the entire planet." He said, a grin returning to his face. "What sort of hobbies you think you might take up here on your stay? Summer is a perfect time to visit, you know."

Yomiko sighed. "You still stay Golly, don't you."

"You did when you were still in your school uniform, dear."

"Darnit, Tama, I got it from you!"

The look of Yomiko getting flustered looked more amusing and comical as her glasses fell crooked to the base of her nose.

Daniel laughed, a hearty good natured laugh, from deep in his belly. "Now that's priceless."

He fixed Yomiko's glasses for her, and nodded. "I will probably end up surfing. Okinawa was quite renowned in my world for it, along with Australia, and Hawaii."

He smiled. "I'm not really constrained to a location."

"Beyond that, I'll find a quick job, something to ensure we don't lack for funds."

Yomiko adjusted her glasses. "Well.. outside of that for Daniel, I might see where I fit in here... At least for when I have a normal life. My mother adapted to Brittania very well me... I have to be honest I never felt like I fit in on our visits there."

She adjusted herself in her seat. "Perhaps I could work for you, Tama?"

"No... I don't make quite that much money, dear... although I know a book store owner whose last help died in a car accident a few days ago... I can put a good word in if you're going to be staying for a few months..."

Yomiko looked down and started to think. "Daniel... what do you think? Try this universe on for size?"

He smiled. "I will endeavor to not cost us our new home." He nodded. "It seems nice enough at first glance. What I'm going to want is a computer, and a general history. I like to familarize myself first."

He nodded. "It will be interesting to see what it is I can do."

Yomiko clapped her hands together politely. "It's settled then! If the bookstore job doesn't work out, then I can always join the JMDF. Seems I already have a good reputation with them when I was moonlighting as "The Librarian"..."

Tama interrupts. "You know... if you are want to be some sort of superhero, Yomiko... I think I know of somewhere more fitting of your talents. Ever considered hooking up with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police? They have been looking for a Consulting Detective since their last one went a little crazy after a case involving a child trafficking ring."

Yomiko blinked. "Was it resolved?"

"Not hardly I'm afraid... they got set back several years because of how their last detective went nuts. A lot of scumbags went free."

She sighed. "Although knowing cases like that exist... I know that I would probably fit in pretty well there. Although... I've been trying to avoid trouble."

Tama probed, trying to find what was troubling her. "What happened? Did you lose someone on your trip? Or... your mother is alright, isn't she? Or your father? Wait... your father is practically omnipotent and omnipresent..."

Yomiko held up her hand. "It was something I did... I will say nothing more on the matter."

Tama looked concerned, shooting a puzzled look to Daniel. He knew when she had trouble sometimes it took more than just a concerned question to get an answer.

"She made a choice, and must deal in her own way, with the ramifications of that choice." He nodded. his tone was firm, indicating to let it drop.

"I think detective work would be good for you Yomiko, if you want my opinion."

Tama sighed. "No... it wouldn't... if she bottles something like that inside, she would be a better shopkeeper's aide."

He steps away and starts to dust his books. "Something like what your wearing wouldn't be too comfortable moving books around..." Tama said. He was the best at getting at what Yomiko would respond to. And she needed it at least by Tama's point of view.

"I did... a very bad thing... I... used my mother's gift to... cause a entire alternate earth to have an eruption event..."

She clutched her fists, tensing up as some tears began to come down. "I... I told them... when everyone is special... no one is..."

She looks up. "They were facists, Tama... no matter how they said it or justified it... They weren't like here... They wanted the power to themselves..."

Tama raised an eyebrow. "Don't mistake my intent Daniel... but Yomiko will never come to terms with his unless she can trust us. That she knows she can lean on us."

He places his hand on her shoulder. "You must have had a complex set if circumstances to reach that decision, my little crane..."

He looks over to Daniel then back to Yomiko. "But with him here... and myself still believing in you..."

"But you said I wouldn't be anything more than..."

"You're reading into it." Tama said, taking a knee next to her. "Who do you think you are? You've never asked that of yourself. You're all grown now and still thinking you're a child..."

"Take the chance, Yomiko. Tokyo can use someone like you. Because... your conscience is far stronger than any criminal."

"Daniel is right."

He nods. "Heck, perhaps after you two have settled in for a couple days I tell you what... we'll go on a trip to do something you liked as a kid."

She smiled. "Skydiving? SCUBA? Sailing?" She said, smiling.

"Well... Daniel here is a surfer boy... that and Reiko has her vacation coming up soon... that's why she's studying. End of quarter tests."

"I have a yacht in Okinawa that could use a few good deckhands." He said with a smile. "Then after that, Yomiko, you can apply with the police."

"I'm sure Daniel has many marketable skills."

Daniel's smile suggested this was so. "Indeed." He looked at Yomiko. "I would NOT spread the tale of what happened any further." he squeezed her shoulder. "A sailing trip sounds like fun. I've not gone in many months."

He smiled. "Yomiko's way was better than mine.."

He adjusted his glasses... "Universe 22437-M, The Mutant universe. Well one of a few including this one. But I do despise how mutants were treated in your universe, Daniel."

"And yes, I know you are a Mutant like myself, my daughter... and the Metahumans of this world. My glasses are similar to a gadget that Yomiko's mother put together. WAit... you still have that screwdriver, Yomiko?"

"No... I broke it."

He sighed. "Anyways... with that last response... I wagered you are from that universe, thus... you probably had a more militant view."

"Then you finding Yomiko then... was a boon."

He smiled kindly. "I will teach you the ways of this world, Daniel, as I taught Yomiko."

"And to be honest... I think I would have thought the same thing, Daniel." Tama said, placing his hand on Daniel's shoulder. "What's your power, Daniel?"

"I didn't until I and a group of friends and I had humanoid robots turned on us that could have killed us, all for just being mutants." We weren't even noticable."

"My power. Tama-san, the focus at any rate, if Fire." He looked at him. "I don't use my full power, it would unnerve most people." He shrugged. "It's fine, I'm used to walking on eggshells with most people."

"It is only thi tip of the iceberg, though for what I am actually capable of, though."

"One can reach their full potential, and be in complete control. Mastering one's self..."

He appears behind Daniel... three seconds ago. "...mastering one's self is to reach greatness."

"I do not use this power casually like that... being a timewalker is... a dangerous profession. The last Time Traveler I knew was slain when he refused to change the fate of a condemned Yakuza crimelord. We live by a... very tight code of conduct."

"Yomiko knows of the Continuum Council... there is a council called the Timewalker's Conclave. They regulate the activities of all Time-Travel capable Metahumans in all of the continuum."

"You have come into contact with the Bartender, correct?" He asks Daniel.

"I have." He was very nonplussed. It was something he knew within his own power, he just focused on the immunity if nothing else. "He was nice, and we ended up having to do a favor for him, preventing the last of the Hive from regenerating the whole."

He sighed. "I showed my hand there, but only some."

He adjusted his glasses, a glint of greenish text flashed by for a split second on his lens.

"You killed a Hive Drone? Heh... then I've got my work cut out for me.. that is... if you wouldn't mind the training."

Yomiko held up her hand. "I don't think Daniel needs another Teacher in his life, Tama... You really warped my head when I was your pupil."

"Well... you guys are in my extended family at least."

He takes a seat. "But do not worry here, there are no mutant-hunting robots. No paranoid people. Here we live as equals for we have the right to live to our utmost potential."

Yomiko nods. "Forgive his theatrics but... he is right." She says, once again smiling. "It is amazing though how you, not able to bend paper taught me more of my Papermastery, and I am sure if Daniel didn't mind having you as his Sensei, you could teach him more about his Pyrokinesis than he probably does now."

"We should... take this opportunity to better ourselves."

He looked at him. "Never stop learning." he smiled. "I'd welcome instruction, perhaps we can weave the subjects together." he sighed. He wouldn't be top dog, and in a way he missed it, it gave him an untrumpable Ace. Still, he did have many "Other" options beyond his control of fire.

"I think it will work well for us all."

Tama nodded. "Good... and Yomiko does speak higher for me than my skill... yet I tend to bring out more of my students."

Reiko walks back in with the fish, rice, and other ingredients needed. "I... had to move fast so the fish stayed cold. It's getting quite hot outside."

"Ah yes... I remember the weather forecast... Reiko, since this is Sunday and our day off why don't you take the time to go to the pool today? I will tell your teachers at the Academy that the study time at the school isn't needed... Your Straight A's and the glowing reports from your teachers proved that to me enough."

Reiko nodded politely as she started to walk up the stairs. "Reiko... life isn't about regiment and manners..." He said with a smile.

"Actually this is all I can do to keep from throwing myself on Daniel." Reiko says, keeping her eyes fixed on Tama.

Tama shrugged. "The best path to resistance is exposure, sweetie." He says, kissing her. "don't forget the sun-screen."

She nods and runs up to her room.

"So... we got a few hours here..." suddenly the fish and other things were safely in the refridgerator. "...that, was a teleport by the way, no time travel. How about we make this a group trip? Then we can go have dinner here then you two can have all the time you wish alone."

He smiled. Patting Yomiko on the head. "Still need the life vest?"

Yomiko blinked. "Oh that... you taught me a lot about swimming, Tama... I'm fine."

He laughed. "When you were... 8... Your mother would take you here and when we went to the municipal last you just wouldn't step in a pool without your life vest... I mean, I know your mother drummed in safety protocols for unknown worlds, but... it was a pool!"

Yomiko giggled, probably for the first time since the last universe. "Oh... Daniel chided me one or twice too."

Tama face palmed. "You can't even sink, Yomiko... not unless you wanted to now... you can breathe water..."

"Yes and I slept in the pool... a lot." Yomiko said smiling as she stretched out in her seat.

"Ohhhhh.... that... that is rather nice until you fall asleep... you do know your adaptability works asleep too, right? I've slept in hard vacuum before. It's... quiet."

Yomiko blinked, in confusion. Tama just laughed.

"Is Yomiko this silly with you, Daniel?"

"Sometimes. It's one of her charms. She is so brilliant, it's nice to see she does have a human side too." He smiled. "A trip swimming, well why not. Can't be as bad as the South Pacific."

He kissed Yomiko's cheek and nodded. "In regards to regimentation and structure, they're nice, but as I've been told, Slavish adherence to the rules is a sign one has nothing better to think about."

"But... i liked floating in the rain..." Yomiko said with a little whine.

"White noise, right?" Tama said, understanding exactly what she was talking about.

"Yeah... you too?"

Tama just grinned as Reiko comes down in a modes blue school-style swimsuit. She had her ring with her and a bag full of various beach things. She also had a light red hooded over-shirt on with her school logo on the left breast.

"Member of the swim team, Reiko?" Yomiko queried.

"Was... I hurt my ankle a while back and I missed making the team this year."

Yomiko stood up. "Well I can whip up my swimsuit when I arrive. Although we could stop by a local clothing store so Daniel could pick out a outfit."

She smiled. "Might find one for myself, now that I think of it."

Reiko smiled when she stepped up close to David. "He can be my lifeguard any day."

Yomiko blinked... but knew Daniel had quite that effect. Yomiko's rationality put a lid on her jealousy. But... She sneaks up behind Reiko and opens the valve on Reiko's ring. She looks startled and looks if she sprung a leak on it somehow.

"Heh... Had to distract you somehow." Yomiko said, stepping outside. "Let's go!"

Reiko walks out and puts the slightly sagging ring around her waist. It didn't lose much air, but she took some time blowing it up. "A simple flick behind the ear would have been better, Sis!"

Tama shook his head. "That... is a different Yomiko out there... Something has changed..."

Daniel looked at him and nodded. "Yes, This last event changed her." He looked at her, and nodded. "I have not slept with her, if that's the other side of what you may be thinking, though we were quite hot and heavy before we got interrupted."

He shrugged. "I want her first time to be special. It doesn't need to be perfect, but I want her comfortable with it, with any decision she makes." He nodded. "I do care for her, I too am still learning my way around her world."

he followed the girls, waiting for Tama to follow.

Sign in to follow this