Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Mission 2: Detoured [Mature] [FIN]

The Traveler

Yomi twitched and moaned... a blush crossed her face soon after as she was relieved by Daniel.

"I... I... don't think I could... survive that for... very long..."

She closed her eyes and craned her head to the sky as she falls to her knees. Her paper outfit falling to pieces back into their component leaves of paper.

She catches her breath. "I wonder if... mom had such trouble trying to enjoy a quiet day with my Father..."

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he smiled, continuing to massage her for the entire time, relieve her stress totally, only stopping to allow her to dress herself again. Nothing was as intense as the first one, but still, it left her feeling clean, pure, and relaxed, moreso than she had ever been before.

He smiled sitting next to her waiting for her to get dressed, and the agents to come out of the pod.

It took an hour, but eventually she was "released" enough to go and start getting dressed from the box she was using for her clothes she pulled out after arriving.

"So... those two should be stepping out in a little while..." Yomiko said. "...how shall we greet them? Or more precicely, whad shall we ask them first? Since they will have more than enough info."

She adjusts herself and steps behind the pod. "No peeking this time."

Yomiko giggled. "Daniel... we just cooled ourselves down. I think we need to give it a break or it won't be special between us... it'd become routine. You know..."

She stepped back around wearing a form-fitting, bluish-black bodysuit that had some white trim on it that looked like they were where the seams were. It didn't leave anything to the imagination, that was for sure.

"Grabbed this number before I left with Mother the day before..."

She sighed. "The day before she left with dad... It was a futuristic universe that developed working cold fusion and nanotechnology in the 1800's... society well... sorta developed quite fast from there."

She scratched her head. "But yeah, we should play off of what the two ask. Best way to see where they are still ignorant, or make sure we have the high ground in the information game. I want to know more about this world the more that we deal with those two. It almost seems like mom knew I would be insatiably curious if I ended up here."

Yomiko nodded. "Well, technically we are aliens. Human or not. If this universe rarely if ever has travelers passing through, and this Earth is unaccustomed to having people like us about... well... then we draw that interest."

"That, and people like me, no matter how we hate it... well... we tend to land in trouble more than we find it."

Just then the two armored women step out. "Well... that was..." The chief was at a loss for words but her companion spoke up. "...what I think Chief is trying to say is that was an interesting bit of information, Miss Hino."

Yomiko nodded. "So... any questions?"

"This ship you ejected from... it was going through a rip in time and you had to get out before it destroyed your bodies?"

"Yep."

The chief scratched her head letting her companion continue.

"And it is coming here?"

"Once it is recharged and ready to make a jump, yeah. It will arrive at the closest pod to it's location. Since it's not landed around here.... You've not seen a large orange inflatable life raft have you?"

The chief giggled. "No... and how the hell did it end up looking like that?"

"Don't ask...It was a point of embarassment to my Mom."

The medic spoke up. "If it is alright, we can radio a Coast Guard boat to swing by and give you a tow to our base. We can make sure everything is secure there. I think that with those Brittanian ED's coming here we should make sure that the process is expedient and you seem to know them pretty well."

Yomiko nodded.

It didn't take much effort to hook the pod up to the boat that came by to drag the floating pod to the naval base. Outside of a well secured dock and a sign that said "Welcome to Navy/OSEAN/NATO Installation "Backroad". This is a high security installation, visitors must have proor authorization of the commander of the base or will be sunk" on a yellow background with red letters.

Yomiko peeked out, seeing lesser but still well armored and geared guards at the docks with what looked like high-power battle rifles of various designs. Some uniforms had marks from the UK, France, Germany, the USA, and Japan.

Yomiko adjusted her fixed glasses as the coast guard boat stopped at it's location on the docks, and the pod was moored with a simple hemp rope by American seamen. The guards stood at attention with their weapons at portarms. Almost in salute to Yomiko and Daniel.

"Well... either this will be a warm reception or the start of our execution..."

Yomiko was always nervous around guns. She decides to form a suit of armor over the suit she was wearing. after slinking back inside the pod to get more paper.

=Meanwhile=

Heavily armored guards on the ship with rocket launchers jump out of strategically placed hatches on the deck of the "Noble Endeavor" as Rebecca stood in confusion. She instinctively starts to head towards the Hikari Maru as the sound of a Jet's thrusters becomes deafening. She looks up and sees it... a black, humanoid form that eclipsed the sun above her.

"Shit... It can't be."

A voice is heard from the monstrosity above her. "So... the Hikari Maru has finally arrived! Just as planned!"

She levels two rifles sized to scale with the body of the huge machine. "Back off and let me take my prize!"

What scared both Tetsuko and Rebecca, is the voice...

"So!" Rebecca shouted... "One of the other me's in this continuum have taken up piracy? The Rathbone name has fallen hasn't it?" She says, crossing her arms and presenting herself right in fron of the Hikari Maru."

The cockpit of the humanoid mecha opened, revealing a woman who looked like Rebecca with an eye-patch and a look of scorn on her face with scars to match. "That ship is mine, and you can't stop me!"

"Why's that, pray tell?"

"Because you're a quitter... This is my ticket back home!"

Rebecca brandished her service pistol at the face of the other Rebecca. "No... You and I have lost that long ago... You're not thinking rationally."

The sound of a gunshot and the scene of blood spattering on the hull of the Hikari Maru... Rebecca's blood... is seen.

"No!" Tetsuko shouted, before she is hit with a EMP grenade thrown from the cockpit. She shuts offline before her vital systems are effected.

The other Rebecca smiles and closes the cockpit again as the mortally wounded Rebecca glared, almost as if she knew something the other didn't. That is when the nose bleed started.

"You forget... You only find your true potential, when you are true to yourself..."

She smiled as the wound in her chest began to shrink. "I am Rebecca Shirasu Rathbone... and I am the Engineer of the Hikari Maru!!! The LAST AVIATRIX!"

Every quantum sensor goes beserk on the Noble Endeavor... An eruption event has begun...

=Back at Backwater=

Yomiko and Daniel step off of the pod, and when Yomiko turns to the base she sees a officer that looked like he had more ribbons on his uniform than his left breast on his suit could handle.

"So... The Librarian has finally arrived?" The aging officer said as he walked up to the two. "General George Cartwright, Joint Chief of Staff. Welcome to Earth... well, by your Mother's reckoning, one of many..."

The general nodded, waving to the guards to stand at ease. "Please, men, you're making the lady nervous." He says. "Also I am sorry for interrupting your sudden vacation... but seems that fate sort of lined up for us..."

"So... we're going to have more visitors, Daniel, was it?"

Yomiko nodded, but let Daniel speak.

"A couple more it would seem, yes. Nothing to really worry about. We can be out of your hair once the ship shows up here, and we can return the pod to it."

"Although, if there's some reason for us to stay, I think we'd both at least give the courtesy of hearing it out, to return the hospitality we've been shown."

The general nodded. "We'll let you and Miss Hino use the quarters we reserve for VIPs over near the marina." He says, pointing to what looks like a tropical shack-like hut that actually looked pretty welcoming. "Well... more for base personnel when they're relaxing between duty shifts, but it is a pretty nice spot. If there is anything you both need, let us know. You're guests of NATO, OSEAN, the USA, and the UN..."

"A real alphabet soup, Sir." Yomiko said with a smirk.

"Well, this is first contact with an alien species, even if it is Human."

Yomiko giggled. "Well if it is of any comfort we have the same dietary restrictions as a normal Human of your world, but in greater quantities and we have better endourance."

The General quirked an eyebrow. "The medic attached to our Operative from the SEALS program told us about your powers.Fascinating..."

"Where I come from, they're nothing particularly special." The fact they'd seen only the faintest tip of the iceberg of what he could actually do. He nodded. "Those accomodations will suit us fine."

"If you'd like a display, General I can arrange a unique fireworks display this evening, to honor our first contact."

The General takes his hat off and scratches his graying hairs. "That... won't be necessary, the last thing we need to do is advertise." He takes Daniel by the shoulder and whispers in his ear as he pulls him aside out of earshot from everyone but Yomiko. "I really don't want the Russians or China to know about what is going on here... and off the record, and I am sharing something I probably shouldn't... But there are Metahumans here. I'll explain further."

Seems Daniel's exterior is loosening tongues as well as nerdy bookworms.

The General just nodded and smiled, patting Daniel on the shoulder. "In any case, welcome to our Earth. Hope you enjoy your visit."

He walks off, with Yomiko pulling up takign the general's place at Daniel's side. "I knew it." She whispered. "No bloody way that gate was up on it's own. Those gates only open when there are Novas present... I have to trust my instincts more."

She scratches her head as they enter the base. "What's your thoughts on this?"

Yomiko sighed. "That is always the possibility, Daniel." She said. "Luckily there is ammunition everywhere. For the both of us." She said, looking at the rifles and the various newspapers and other potential items strewn about. "But I have to agree, benefit of the doubt. This is a US Naval Base, and as such it is American Soil... Didn't they come up with the concept of "Innocent until proven Guilty", hmm?" She said, smiling.

It wasn't too bad of a tropical shack setup. The pod was even positioned near it.

"Besides, I noticed something on the HUD... the batteries are charging much faster now... I think the Hikari Maru must have gotten through it's jump early... It might get back here just two days from now..."

"Until then we bide our time." She says, kissing Daniel on the lips, passionately.

he kissed her back and smiled. "Least they didn't give us separate rooms." He smiled pointing to the single queen size bed.

"So two days and we can leave?" He smiled, and had her wait outside, and she could feel the heat inside, and then it was gone. When she came back inside, he nodded. "It's okay, bugs are gone now."

Yomiko blinked. "Oh... smart man, although they'll just come back and put more in. Besides... what do we have to hide now. We're laid pretty bare..."

She sits in her hammock near the one opening it had out over the water, overlooking probably the most beautiful view of the ocean she's seen in a while.

"Well... see if you can score a pizza or four..." she said, pulling out a computer tablet. "...I have to check up on something."

Yomiko looked up at Daniel. Nice... but you're not gonna like this...

She brings around her tablet so that they can see it, she pulls up a video, a bit much on static.

"Seems the Hikari Maru is transmitting, but I can't make out a thing yet. I'm trying to find the right frequency so it can transmit to us. But I managed to get a couple stills."

There was a picture that the ship managed to take of the damaged hull of the Noble Endeavor, a large black, humanoid-type machine, then what looked like Tetsuko looking inoperative on deck.

"Something happened..."

Yomiko's eyes go wide as another still comes in. It looked like Rebecca was standing in front of the monstrosity, and it looked like she was... hovering?

"Actually... all we can do is hope."

She continued to tighten the frequency until an actual, watchable feed was availiable as she munched on her pizza...

=Back on another world...=

The mechanical monstrosity leveled it's rifles at Rebecca and opened fire. All Rebecca said as she turned to face such withering firepower is... "...no"

A portal opened in front of her and behind the monstrosity and it manages to shoot itself, it's force field dropping and the back armor heavily damaged. Rebecca jumps through her portal and grabs on to a jagged piece of armor and places her hand on what looked like the generator. She grinned as it suddenly heat-overloaded and shut down as a safety procedure. She caused it to hyper-accelerate to the point of overheating. Then with another warp, completely rips the generator out and drops it into the ocean and the monstrosity falls silent.

=Back at the new camp...=

Yomiko sits amazed at what just transpired in a matter of moments. "Good god..."

"Not at this moment... the Hikari Maru is rechrging... and there is no way we can gate there since we don't know where that is..."

She drummed her tablet looking helpless untilthe scene of Rebecca pulling the pilot of the black machine was visible and Yomiko's eyes went wide again.

"The Corsair... She... Beat the corsair... wait... that... That's another Rebecca?"

She looks closer and then she realizes why the Rebecca she knew looked familiar.

"Unreal... She's going to have alot of explaining to do... Wait I can send a voice-only signal now..."

Yomiko opens a channel. "Rebecca! You've bagged the biggest space pirate this side of the void-space!" She said. "How's Tetsuko?"

Rebecca held up her hand to her comlink. "Temporarily offline to protect her systems. EMP grenade."

The Corsair looked completely spooked, in complete disbelief she was beaten so easily.

"Well, Corsair... On behalf of the Continuum Council, and the Brittanian Government, I hereby place you under arrest for Piracy... Murder... and Destruction of property."

She grinned, setting the tablet down.

"Always wanted to say that!"

"Keep things tidy over there, Rebecca, once the Hikari Maru is ready to head home, put The corsair in that new brig I designed to keep Silvertalon in check, and make sure Kat is okay before the ship heads off to meet us, okay?"

Rebecca nodded on her end before cutting off the transmission.

Yomiko then, with a impish grin, bites Daniel's burger as it was in his mouth with a schoolgirlish grin. She manages a giggle with it there.

"I was being playful Yomiko, not even half serious." He smiled and stroked her cheek. 'Honestly, you must have had an extremely different childhood than mine." He knew she had, but it was very evident right now.

"That was also an invitation to continue some fun later, after we eat."

Yomiko kissed Daniel. "Sure. Let's eat."

Over the next hour they enjoyed a meal, of course Yomiko couldn't resist playing a round of Angry Birds as she ate. But then switched to her meal once again.

"You know... After seeing everything happen as they did today..." She said, chewing on her burger... "...maybe I should at least consider that we are in the most perfect position possible. We can help people. Me just shrinking from that... I would be betraying what my Mother started by just staying at home... But... I think i deserve some time to ourselves."

She says this, tracing a muscle on his leg. "What you think?"

She almost had this begging look she was holding back that really said... "Please?"

"If you want to stay here, and see how we can help, that's fine. It is your ship."

He leaned in close to her her. "If you're asking me to stay with you, and help, then of course my answer is yes."

He caressed her cheek and smiled. "Regarding a more private matter, not here. But soon, once we're established."

Yomiko sighed. "No... not here. We complete our duties here and find someplace else."

"I think Extra-Dimensionals have caused enough damage here...I can look up a few places once the Hikari Maru returns."

She sits back in the hammock. Laying back.

"We will have to make a quick stop in Brittania and then back here to complete things. Once we've done that, then it's open space for us."

"Is there any place you're interested in seeing? I mean... I can probably find a place like that."

Archived