Adventure!: Like A Bad Penny

Gabe OOC

Adventure: Like a Bad Penny

Tagline: Everyone knows about the Aeon Society and the adventurers. They know about madmen preaching an airborne civilization, Chinese crime-kings and the horrors that the telluric weirdness of the world wreaked during World War Two. Everyone knows the atom bomb somehow changed the world, and the wonder and strangeness went away, no more bulletproof men or mad scientists, the Aeon Society's doors shut.

2012, and the world is back to one hundred percent mundane, fifty plus years of it.

Everyone is an idiot.

The telluric side of the world never went away - it knew times had changed, and subtlety was the order of the day. Besides, the Aeon Society had been riven, the Ubiquitous Dragon killed by the Silent Shadows of Emperor Hirohito, Saturday vanished, and many more changes had wiped the field clean.

Fifty plus years of chess piece moving, regrouping, and in the modern world, daredevils, stalwarts and mesmerists are still as potent and dangerous as ever. And the Aeon Society needs to protect the world again.

Margaret Mercer is the bugler, the call has been sounded. Are you ready for a touch of deja vu?

Summary: The past is returning with a vengeance, and the world has to deal with stalwarts, mesmerists and daredevils and the more mysterious aspects of the world, just more quietly.

Number of Players: 4-5 preferably. It is not first come first served, I reserve the right to accept or deny characters at my judgment.

I (Jeremy, Darrik, Curtis, Evo, etc.) have put this open as an interest check / potential recruitment. If there is enough interest, I'll put up the house rules and begin the recruitment in earnest.

Do understand you'll be doing a lot of the things the Aeon Society used to do, except more quietly... for the most part, it's not a good idea to directly advertise your 'Inspired' status to the public, even if as a Daredevil you don't know you are. ;)

Actually that sounds sort of cool. Makes sense if you think of it. News travels too fast in modern society and it is quite difficult to hide things in "wise tales" and "urban legends". You gotta make it look like you got lucky, or it's all coincidence. That is actually a good way to reign in powers, but simply not making them publicly known and it has to stay that way.

Hrm... never got a chance to play this one. Be nifty to try a modern-day Mystery Man/Vigilante

Here's the thing. This is not a modern pulp game quite, there may be some of the weirdness occasionally cropping up, but this is a look at how the whole concept of the Inspired progresses and would look in the current day.

Also, before I forget:

House Rules

Modified Skills List:

Strength

Might

Dexterity

Athletics

Archery

Brawl (*combination of Brawl and Martial Arts*)

Firearms

Legerdemain

Melee

Stealth

Stamina

Endurance

Resistance

Perception

Awareness

Investigation

Navigation

Intelligence

Academics

Bureaucracy

Computer

Demolitions

Engineering

Intrusion

Linguistics

Medicine

Science

Survival

Wits

Arts

Biz

Drive

Pilot

Rapport

Tactics

Appearance

Disguise

Intimidation

Style

Manipulation

Animal Handling

Diplomacy

Interrogation

Streetwise

Subterfuge

Charisma

Command

Etiquette

Perform

Modified Backgrounds List:

Allies

Backing (Enhancement: In Charge)

Cipher (Enhancement: Enigma)

Contacts (Enhancement: Kingpin)

Followers (Enhancement: Legions)

Gadget (Enhancement: Artifact)

Influence (Enhancement: Renown)

Menagerie

Mentor

Nemesis

Resources (Enhancement: Wealth Beyond Avarice)

Sanctum (Enhancement: Sanctum Sanctorum)

Modified Weapons and Vehicles List:

(Using the stats from the Aberrant Core Appendix)

Hey, Quotemyname/Hellhound here. Heritage told me about this thread. Checking to see if recruitment is still open. I have a rough draft of a mesmirist I drew up for a game that never happened. But I've never actually played Adventure! I'd like to give it a try, but I might need some help adapting my character to the 2012 world and some of your house rules. Let me know if you're still looking for players.

Tarik The Turban

Hey, Quotemyname/Hellhound here. Heritage told me about this thread. Checking to see if recruitment is still open. I have a rough draft of a mesmirist I drew up for a game that never happened. But I've never actually played Adventure! I'd like to give it a try, but I might need some help adapting my character to the 2012 world and some of your house rules. Let me know if you're still looking for players.

Tarik The Turban

Sure, you're welcome to join. Let me know if you need help and what issues to deal with. Submit the revised stuff by PM to Gabe OOC.

The main thing you need to do is switch the abilities to the House Rules version as seen above; for instance, Rapport now falls under Wits instead of Charisma.

I'll be honest, I was a bit nervous about overlap between Darlene and Tarik, but other than both having Brain Skimming, they're very different. I'm sure it would have been fine anyways.

Archived