Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - 3c: Photoclub, Genki Girl, and the demon

Justin OOC

On foot, Sachiko and Kohaku set off towards the South, armed with what they could find. It would be some time before they managed to find anything, well over six hours.

Their search fruitless, and with the gloom of a moonless night, things were not looking good for them finding their target.

"Figures things wouldn't be this easy." Kohaku said annoyed more then anything else. It has been several hours and so far he and his partner has found nothing. He was not liking the turn of events. "I hate this. I feel like we are more the prey then the hunters. What do you think on this matter?" He asked his partner. Which is his case was more true then anything else. He forgot in his haste to bring any means of light. The fact could cost him dearly if a fight broke out. Yet he knew that he had no choice in the matter. There was no turning back. He and his partner had to find the demon and kill it in order to survive the night. Kohaku wonder if the others were done yet. If not then they were in a bad spot indeed.

...mode selected. Gravity Hammer.

Sachiko's wristwatch underwent a series of transformations that left it looking more like a small bracer than a watch. It projecting a shimmering field out in front of Sachiko's hand that moved as she moved her arm.

"...gravity hammer sounds pretty cool, don't you think?" she mused, waving the strange thing perilously around. On impulse she spun and hit a tree with it. When the energy field intersected the tree, it seemed to bend and blur, and implode as it struck...

The tree trunk splintered and was crushed. Sachiko watched it fall over with interest, then nodded. "Yeah, that's pretty good."

She glanced over at Kohaku then. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

Kohaku sighs in a sort of defeat. He did not want to admit that there were more or less an higher degree of failure due to her actions. After all he felt his previous words were coming back to haunt him. Yet he himself was having no luck either in finding their foe. Maybe some noise might attract it. Most likely Sachiko's actions had alert their foe to them and could make it move away from them.

Kohaku goes back to say his previous question. "I hate the fact we have not found it yet. I figured this wasn't going to be easy, but it has been kami knows how long and we haven't found sight of our target yet. Right now I feel like we are more the prey then the hunters. What do you think on this matter Sachiko?" he asked bluntly. He did not want to show her how stress he was, but it did show on him. Also the fact Sachiko made a rather loud sound right now also concern him and was a bit distracted himself.

"What do I think," Sachiko muses. "I think...I'm bored." She waves the gravity hammer around. "What's the point of a magical training ground where nothing HAPPENS? We could have fought EACH OTHER by now. By this time you might have even won once. I've gotta say, this demon that's supposed to be hunting us is a really BAD hunter. I mean, if we'd really wanted, we could have done all KINDS of stuff to prepare for a big fight by now."

She gestures around. "We coulda made traps or built some kind of...little fort or something...it's given us nothing but chances to do stuff to make its life hard."

With a shrug she concludes, "And I'm hungry. Lets go back. This is stupid."

It was then that they noticed the noises all stopped. The forest grew very quiet, except for a chittering sound, and a light rustle of the plants nearby to the west.

There was a very spicy odor, something they'd not noticed until now, and it only seemed to intensify.

(initiative time)

"Looks at least you got something you wanted Sachiko." Kohaku said mocking her a bit. He tried to listen in on where their foe was so he could not be attacked from behind. He knew things were going to not be pleasant for him. He did not know if the girl could do more with her device, but he wasn't gambling his life on her skills.

initiative roll
AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+3: 10

Sachiko's head whirled at the rustling noise, and her nostrils flared slightly at the sickly spicy scent. Her eyes narrowed, and Kohaku's words sounded like they were being spoken from underwater twenty feet away. Starlight burned down, and she could hear her breath, her heart, and the rustling with crystal clarity. Her hand cocked automatically, holding the shimmering violet energy emanating from her watch at the same angle that she'd hold a baseball bat at just before a swing.

She started charging forward and shouted as she went, "GRAAAAVITY HAAAAAMMERRRRR!!" in the best, or worst, of the anime tradition. The violet field expanded over her as she ran until, when she slammed it down, it was the size of a small car. There was an indigo flare of nonlight when it hit, and a concussion that blew violently outward and engulfed a large area around the point of impact...then suddenly collapsed into a massive implosion that pulled down trees, sucked in shrubs, and left a crater smoking in the ground where the Hammer had hit. A crater in which a singularity still pulsed, and was orbited by various debris and other detritus that had been pulled into the Hammer's effect.

Sachiko stood in the eye of that storm...somehow shielded by an extension of the Hammer's gleaming energy field...with an expression that could only be considered rapture.

"Sugoi" she whispered reverently.

Long, I lost the roll when I accidentally quit out. But you saw it. Init was 17.

Attack was 13. Damage 66.

She had caught the demon, at least a piece of it, as a large leg five feet long orbited the singularity, and Kohaku, sadly was caught within the blast radius as well. (You take full damage and must cause 15 damage to the singularity to escape)

A spray of web narrowly missed Sachicko and there was another rustle, still well within range of where it would hit Kohaku again if she lashed out...

Kohaku was enraged. He wanted to kill the bitch Sachicko. He never though someone could be so careless. Once he got done with the demon, she was going to get some form of punishment. His midn was reeling with the thoughs of what he was going to do. There were reasons he done things alone. And this was why. And this time again it was done by a female.... the thought dug up painful memories that Kohaku often tried to hide. He slowly pushes them aside so he could focus. Those two incidents were far more personal then this as he slowly goes to calm down. He looks first to see if he can't break out of this thing.

Pain was one of the things he knew well. His body was feeling a lot of it now. He hopped he was not suffering internal injuries. He focus on trying to break his bounds in which the bitch Sachicko had him and unleashes his paticular ability. Litterally in a blink of the eye they would not notice it.

Kohaku blink his eye. An blast of spiritual energy hits the singularity breaking it. In his mind, only one things come into though. Get the hell out of there. He heads towards the point of where his anger lay. He got to Sachicko, but was too weak to even punch her.

atack roll
AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+3: 10 damage: 4x5+3=23

Sachiko glances at Kohaku as he floats past...then breaks free with a flash of light. She gives him a grin that could charitably be referred to as apologetic, though still kind of giggling, and says, "Oops...sorry, man. I seriously did not know that was going to happen. Uh..."

She looked at the watch for a second, then shook her head. "Stupid thing. Okay, looks like I'm gonna do this ARTILLERY STYLE!"

Then the strange, weird little girl went charging PAST the rustling, writhing spider thing and shouted, "SACHIKO ARTILLERY STRIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!"

Another explosion of violet light and chaos erupted...engulfing the spider, but stopping short of Kohaku.

Horrifyingly, Sachi seemed to have some skill slinging a big, bat-like weapon around. She followed through with the swing, swung it around over her head and brought it down AGAIN, wreaking unimaginable devastation, and digging a hole deep enough that she might very well not be able to climb out of it!

"Sorry! That was all you have to say?" Kohaku said before she fired her artillery strike. He could feel the energy at his back. That annoy him more. He sees Sachiko in a hole. "Okay......" he said a bit confused as to why she would put herself into an hole she could not get out of. Then again that girl was kind of nutty to begin with. He was mad, but nothing like her.

Kohaku goes to look at where the thing was persumely at. He tries to see where it was at. He hopes he could take it out in case it was still alive. If not then he would try to get the girl out of there. Then again he could leave her there for awhile. That idea made him smile.

(OOC - Actually, you made your defense, Kohaku...your DC was only 12)

Sachiko isn't quite fast enough to avoid the webs, and yelps an impassioned "EEWWW!" as the sticky strands drape over her and harden into tough, stretchy ropes that can't easily be broken out of! She struggles for a second then says, "Oh yeah?! Well this isn't the only trick up my sleeve!"

She fiddles with her watch and holds it up in triumph as she manages to get it to switch modes again. The strange device contracted back down from the forearm-covering gravity hammer, then branched out into a set of weird mechanical vein-looking extrusions that crept up Sachiko's arm, vanishing under her sleeve. She giggled and writhed, shouting, "Ah! AH! Tickles! Stop! What is it?!"

In the end it created a weird veiny exoskeleton that stretched across both her arms...and probably covered more too underneath her clothes. Between the thin, interlocking fingers of metal that branched over her could be glimpsed filaments of light that flickered constantly shifting colors.

And it seemed to do absolutely nothing at all beyond that.

Sachiko tugged at her bonds. "What is it? Super strength? Force fields? Gah! I still can't get out! Kohaku!"

[salmonMax] 2:59 pm: Rollin' defense for Shadows...

SalmonMax *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+5: 12

[salmonMax] 3:00 pm: Doh! Ah well

[salmonMax] 3:01 pm: Hm. Time to try changing the watch...pray for me.

SalmonMax *rolls* 1d6: 5: 5

[salmonMax] 3:01 pm: Hah!

[salmonMax] 3:01 pm: ...shucks.

Setting 5 boosts her power...which she has no ability to use. >: |

Kohaku was anger. He knew that he could not be on the defensive all the time. If he was then there would be no way to win this. He knew the girl wasn't going to be much help. She was just as mad, if not more then he was. Even if she was more powerful he had to focus on his own survival or at least take this thing out before worry about that. He goes to focus on where the monster was and goes to let off his attack trying to get at him before it did him.

attack roll
AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 6+5+4: 15

The attack from Kohaku hit and due to the nature of it, it actually spooked the young demon spider, who, already hurt, figured discretion was the better part of valor. The Spider fled, leaving the two of them to figure out their next move. daylight was roughly 6 hours away.

Sachiko's mouth dropped open in outraged shock as the spider bugged out.

"Hey, what the...COWARD!! You call yourself a hunter?! You even have me in a web! Come back here!!"

She struggled against the silk strings holding her, wriggling in vain to slip out by any means necessary. Alas, enough of the web was stuck to her arms and legs she couldn't even squirm out of her clothes to get away.

"Kohaku! Let me out of here and we'll go after it!"

"That odd." Kohaku said a moment curious about the spider actions.He afterword sigh for a moment in regretting that he did not defeat due to it's sounding of retreating. Yet it made him why the monster was unphase by Sachiko actions, but was scared witless by his. He did not know if there was something more going on to him then what he knew? Either that or the creature was wounded enought to make it think twice on it's action. He persume the second idea to the first.

"I'll get you out in a jiff hopefully." Kohaku said to Sachiko. He goes to try and break her bounds with his spirtual powers. He hope to unleash her and get back to finishing the job. They did not have time to mess around. Plus he did not know if the others got the job done and dreaded it but knew they might have to clean up after them. He had little faith in them right now.

breaking roll
AceWildcard *rolls* 2d6: 6+1+4: 11

Kohaku a bit curious was looking to see the extent of his damage on Sachicko. He was surprised he tore most of the girls clothing off. He goes to see if there was a way to get her out of there. "Do you think you can get out of there by yourself?" he asked. He no liking on going off by himself and getting himself killed.

Sachiko shook her head...not in negation, but more like a wet dog might, to try to clear webbing from her hair and face. She pawed at it and grimaced as she pulled the cotton-candy like strands away. It stuck to her hands, and she tried to wipe it off on her shirt...only to find most of it missing.

Immediately she went red and looked up, wide-eyed, at Kohaku.

"Whaddya think you're doing?!" she bellowed, covering her bra up with her hands. "Turn around!"

When the offending male eyes were averted, she looked at the sloping crater walls. It was a forest...there were roots sticking out. She judged she could probably climb free. Of course, she judged she could probably do just about anything. It was sheer fortune for all involved that she'd never needed to give first aid, or something similar.

With a self-satisfied nod...since in her head she'd already succeeded...Sachiko rushed at the wall and started to scrabble in the moist topsoil for handholds until she could reach the top!

A few grunts and rustles later, Kohaku heard, "Okay, I'm up. You have to keep your eyes closed from now on though. Follow the sound of my voice, and I will lead you out of the forest."

"We are not done yet. You maybe done, but I got to go and slay that demon. If we don't then we're dead." Kohaku said agitated. "Plus I am going to with or without your help. It was not my fault your clothing got trash." Kohaku seem more annoyed then out right enrage at the girl. He knew that they were dead if the job was not done. Something this dim witted lady seems to not noticed or care. He was more piss off at her more so then ever. He respected the fact she wanted him not to look at her, but did not care to die due to her.

"You're the one who ripped it off," Sachiko reminds Kohaku. "You can arrested for that, you know."

She looked off in the direction the spider had scuttled in, tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"You've got a point about following it...but can you fight with your eyes closed? It's too bad it's not wearing a nice shirt over a fabulous body. Your powers of perversion are ideally suited to fight something like that."

"Pity your mind isn't as sharp as your tounge. Then we might had killed the thing with words instead of half bake attacks. Also I could have just left in the webbing, and walk of. Seems like I should have did that now. The spider is at least better company, I don't have the hear it nag all the time. Also like the spider you don't really look at good to me, and also to set the record straight, I did not mean to rip your clothing off, that was accidental." Kohaku said more annoy then enraged. He goes to walk off in the general direction of the spider, but more cautious and alert this time around.

Kohaku for the most part has never judge a book by it's cover. He dated uglier women who were alot better, then the more uglier insides of the pretty bitches who has fucked him over without ever even touching a sexual part of his body. Plus with his paranoid side of him, he almost never got to know people at a truely deeper level. Even then they were not what he expected and often led to more sorrow for him then for the person themselves he look into. Dissapointment was a typical things for Kohaku on many levels that most people did not comprehend.

"Your FACE is a half-baked attack!" Sachiko shot back, fists on her hips. "My attack was good enough to throw YOU around, and I wasn't even trying to HIT you! I didn't see YOU leaving a giant hole in the ground either! In fact, come on, lets see who's half-baked once and for all!"

She held up her fists and beckoned to him with her fingers. "Lets see how you do against me when I'm NOT tied up!"

Sachiko looked over at Shinji and Galiana and nonchalantly tugged the rags of her shirt down a bit. She still had her bra on, but decor was important.

"Relax," she assured the two of them. "It's fine. I'm just going to teach Kohaku an important lesson about etiquette, and then we'll find the demon and finish it off. It's probably just hiding in a log somewhere."

Despite her mentioning teaching Kohaku a lesson, she seemed to have gotten over her anger as fast as it had flashed.

"Your clothing was an accident. Which is by the way far less then what you did to me." Kohaku said trying not to appear phase by her attacks earlier. He had a bold and confident look that he was in the right and not in the wrong this time. Yet his body still ache and felt the hurt of them. He wonder how long he could stand on his own due to the pain. He never felt that much pain before, even when being beaten up by an gang of thugs.

Like his pain, his paranoia was setting in. He did not trust anyone he was working with. He has learn to be paranoid for good reasons. Being double cross alot does that to a person. Also the fact that his partners, no matter how powerful, so far seem incompentent. Case in point, Kohaku felt they could have kill the demon by now, if not for the uncessary argument. It could not have wander too far off and seem almost like it was going to drop at any moment. Yet this bitch Sachiko, whines about her modesty. He wanted to say it: won't matter if you're dead hon. Plus what you have I haven't seen before.

Kohaku knew that it was not wise to do so. Making enemies with people who were suppose to be allies was not an wise thing to do. Yet he could not stop from being cautious around them. It wasn't long ago they though him insane. Hell, even looking back he could say that he was insane. Hopefully that won't happen again. He did not want to visit a certain place that he despises above all else.

Galiana was annoyed when she realized that not only had they not killed it, but they’d let it walk away from them. The big cat let loose a growl before saying, “Stay here. I’ll lure or herd it back here for us to kill.” Getting my dinner was never this hard.

She was working a lot, she realized as she bolted into the undergrowth, hot on the demon’s trail. It seemed unfair that she had to do so much when she had other people who were helping, in theory. “Always leave it to a cat to do a man’s job,” she muttered as she began to track the spider-demon-monster-thing, planning to swing around in front of it and try to drive it back to the other students.

Galiana was getting tired. She’d had one fight already and had covered twice the ground of the other students in the same amount of time. But such was the burden of being a cat: awesome things were required of you.

It didn't take that long to find the injured demon. Missing several limbs, it was hobbled and hurt badly. Still it was a threat, and She got a first hand look at something she'd not seen. As it drank the blood of a deer, it's wounds began to close, and even its missing limbs began to regrow.

Sachiko whooped as Galiana set off, and ran after her, already mashing buttons on her watch to try to coax it into a useful set of features!

With a gentle verbal announcement, and the whine of metal plates sliding, the watch configured itself back into its shield form, covering her arm from elbow to forearm under a light but extremely tough disc of thin, telescoping metal slats like the petals of a huge silver flower.

Kohaku just sighed and relax near an tree his back to it. He was resting for the moment. He did not want to be bothered by anything at all. That was excpet for getting the job done. He was lay back and relax for right now as he lets the cat girl lure the demon to them so we could finish it. Then we can find the others and get out of here.

Kohakuv night was already bad as it is. He had to deal with whining females, He had to fight vile demons. He was also tired and bored from the whole ordeal. he just hopped to get some rest.

Galiana crouched low, her ears flattened and her tail-tip twitching. Her fatigue was forgotten as her muscles tightened, her body preparing for the pounce. For a long moment, she stared, watching her prey, learning about it, knowing it. Her body became as one with it in that moment before the strike.

But when she pounced, it was all Galiana. She dashed forward, her muscles expanding and contracting like springs as she ran. At the last moment, she leapt high, coming down on one of the re-growing limbs. Her claws tore at the leg; her teeth sunk into the exoskeleton. The monster screeched and collapsed as she tore away its leg. To the were-cat’s extreme annoyance, the beast collapsed.

Galiana watched nervously, but the monster didn’t rise again. Growling to herself, the were-cat moved to the demon and tore off its head, just to be sure it wouldn’t rise again. She thought about taking a nap, but instead decided she needed a quick bath. She was gnawing between her toes, picking out demon pieces, when Sachiko tore through the underbrush, howling like a demon. Galiana didn’t jump in fright; she’d heard Sachi coming. The whole forest had heard Sachi coming. “It’s dead,” Gali informed her, her tongue protruding between her teeth for a second. “You should go back.”

Kohaku reflected as he was laying by the tree. Contemplating various aspects as to why he was still here, alive. It seem fate wanted him dead. He knew there was something that wanted him alive. Also it was his desire to live that also drove him. Yet he did not know how long he could survive this. Emotionally, and physically he was not like the others. Not by a long shot. He did not want to explain the wounds that he got by that....

Kohaku stopped his track of mind before he said more of other people, especially those that done him wrong even if by persumely accident. Even with his calm, peaceful nature he still had a slight paranoia. He wanted to check if the job was done, but needed to recover for a few sections before trying to join the others. Plus if he was lucky he would get there and the job be done.

Sachiko stopped and facefaulted at the news. "It's dead?"

Just as fast though, she adjusted to the news and did a little jump, reaching up to the sky. "Right on! Probably died of its wounds, right? Yep, I hurt it pretty bad. Okay, lets go back and wait for everyone else to show up! We're in first place!"

Archived