Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - 3b: The Princess, the Gaijin, and the demon

Justin OOC

With Anne in the sky, she had to stay in the treetops so that Amara could hear her on the ground. It was a poor arrangement to say the least, as Amara had yet to awaken her power, or unlock the strength of her artifact, and Anne had both. Still, Sayoko hadn't told them how to go about things. If Anne would unconsciously use Amara as bait then so be it.

Still, on the Ground, it was Amara who saw something amiss. There were shattered branches and the underbrush was trampled underfoot. They were over twelve kilometers from the house before even these things were truly noticeable, and the track lead east. Whatever it was that made the path was huge, easily as big as a rhino, and after another kilometer, even Anne could see the trail forming...

Amara sighed in relief as the firefly glow of her partner revealed more and more traces of a trail after hours and hours of searching. She was a city girl, and all this raw nature was no comfort to her, reminding her of vacations during happier times with her family, bittersweet memories now. Still progress was progress, right?

The Yakuza heiress shifted a hand to the hilt of her bokken as she jogged forwards now, green eyes alert for signs of the creature or clues what they were dealing with. Nothing obvious so far, but... "Anything, Aceworth-San?"

Anne hovered over next to Amara. "Seems we're on to something. East of us about a Kilometer or more... A critter that is a walking steamroller, at by what it's leaving behind." Adjusting her goggles, she assesses the situation. "I think... it is close, but damn huge. Rhino sized at least."

She sighed. "If you want, I can grab you and we can fly together. Would make this hunt far easier, and any danger that heads your way is mine too."

"Damn that Sayoko... I am starting not to trust that Woman... if she is..." Anne thinks.

"Your call on how you wanna approach this."

"Also I can make at least a lightsource for the two of us... when it comes to survival training, I do have some. Namely how to make a fire."

Anne earned a look from the Yakuza Heiress, "Just keep within shouting distance above me, Aceworth-San, and we follow this trail until something tries to kill me or kill you. The last thing we need is an opening for this... thing to knock us both to the ground in one hit. I'll keep up. We don't have too much longer to find and kill all of them, and since none of the others have come to join us..."

Amara let that implication lie before exhaling and picking up the pace in the wake of their mutual target, the conversation finished in her mind.

"Let's focus on our prey first, and how we feel afterward. I do not think we might be in shape for another go after this thing. It might be quite tanky." Anne says. "To be honest one of us, perhaps both, may be severely injured after this fight. Let's not get ahead of our mission."

She adjusts her ponytails. "We would be a liability for the rest if we are too injured and try to "help" them. But... if we do this well, and take this thing down fast we might have alot more to do tonight. If only I knew where Sachiko went we could make her location our next proirity."

Anne seemed worried. Sashiko ground her gears from time to time but of all the personalities here Sachiko and Anne seemed to get along. Almost as if one could know what the other was thinking... sort of.

"Until then... we got our biscuits on the fire." Anne says, grimly, before hovering up just above the trees, making sure Amara was below her. Wasn't hard as the cover became less and less as a Demon decided to do some landscaping of it's own.

(surprise)

There was a rustle then a crash, and a geyser of earth as the ground beneath Amara erupted. A huge black creature erupting from the ground. It had large ears, yellow eyes and a mouth full of sharp teeth. it's head was covered in spines and had a massive horn. each of it's legs ended in massive claws. It stoo eight feet tall, and was phenomenally strong.

A massive hand reached out, grabbing Amara and throwing her like a ragdoll towards a boulder. The impact, from the speed,would kill a normal person for sure.

In that Fleeting Second, Amara had time for only a single thought.

(initiative and action time)

Initiative
Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+4: 11

Anne heard the sound below her, hell, she could see it. Also knowing the Demon just potentially killed her friend...

She coldly turns her gaze. "Damn you..."

Her armbands arc to life, a whitish-red field flares to life, then a greenish bolt of energy fires down to her enemy as she points at the fiend. "...go back to hell."

Attack Roll
[Kamiko] 3:32 pm: In any case, making a ranged attack.
Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 1+3+6: 10
Kamiko headdesk
[Kamiko] 3:32 pm: well...

(current/max) HP: 105/105
(current/max) EP: 115/120
ACV/DCV: 4/4, Ranged: 6/6

Celestial bands. These bands were forged seven hundred years ago from starmetal.
They've been in her family since that time, said to bring good fortune to the bearer, and more.
They will only work for a female bearer

+3 Divine Relationship
Starbolt- Weapon 7 range 2 penetrating 3 5 ep per shot
Starlight shield Forcefield 4[/code]

One second she was stalking along the monster's trail, trying to convince herself she was ready for anything this thing could throw at her.

The next... Something huge and black had her, a nightmare in chiton and stone and spikes that made the demons from before look weak and tiny. And then she was airborne, screaming despite herself wishing for someone, something, anything to keep her from being splattered all over a tree.

She couldn't, wouldn't die like this. Not while her Mother could still be alive.

And then there was light, the Yakuza Heiress igniting with a rainbow bonfire of energy even as she impacted with the rock, eyes shut tight against the antispated pain.

Activating Forcefield, Soak 60.

:D

The Anticipated pain never came, and the rock exploded at Impact, the field protecting her. As she rose up from the rubble of the rock she found herself shrouded in brilliant energy, which illuminated the massive monster attacking them.

Anne's energy bolt missed the Demon, but it grunted, launching a flight of spines at her even as it moved towards Anne

(1 defense for anne DC 15 for 50 damage if hit)

For a moment, Amara just stood there, too overwhelmed by this new strange wonderful muscle to think about doing anything with it. It danced and sang and throbbed through her blood like an old friend she had forgotten, so much deeper and stronger and stranger than just an aura of light, a muscle she could push and pull the world apart with if she could but find the right place to stand.

She would have laughed if not for the fact the reason it had woken up was standing in front of her and trying to murder one her oh-so-rare and precious new friends. No more of that. Time for her to start making them bleed and beg and cry for mercy.

"One gift real so far. Please be real, too," she asked the bokken as she drew it in both hands and charged the monster's side, field ringing like a bell with each footfall, *her own magic*, as she chopped the wooden weapon at her target, praying that this was how it worked. She didn't have time to think about it more now.

The blast of light that exploded out from the wooden weapon and drowned out her vision in white seemed to say that she was doing something right.

[envoy] 5:32 pm: alright. amara will try to hit the giant monster with her bokken and hope that this is how you get it to work.

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+6: 18

[envoy] 5:33 pm: is that a crit?

[Jeremy] 5:33 pm: yes

[envoy] 5:34 pm: whelp, I don't know if the sword is even 'On' but oh well.

EDIT: 138 damage post Crit, penetrating 4, piercing 4 multidimensional qualities

Seems Anne needed marksmanship practice as she saw her first bolt go wide. Then she was relieved the distance between her and the demon was just enough to provide a reaction time as she turned to present as little a physical profile as possible to her enemy.

Defense Roll
[Kamiko] 12:55 pm: Time for that defense roll.

[Kamiko] 12:55 pm: Luckily it's ranged.

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 5+5+6: 16

[Kamiko] 12:56 pm: Not bad.

[Kamiko] 12:56 pm: Witness?

[Jeremy] 12:56 pm: yo

[Kamiko] 12:57 pm: Arigato.

The spines seemed to miss her, more as the spines didn't line up as they should have. Seeing that Amara was actually alright and swinging bolstered Anne's courage.

"Okay..." She leveled her gaze on the demon. "...let's try that again!"

For a split second, Amara could have swore she saw Anne's eyes glow green as another bolt coursed from her finger to her target.

Attack Roll
[Kamiko] 1:08 pm: Attack roll

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 6+1+6: 13

Kamiko facepalms

[Long6] 1:09 pm: that is a hit

[Kamiko] 1:09 pm: Oh? phew

(current/max) EP: 110/120

Celestial bands. These bands were forged seven hundred years ago from starmetal.
They've been in her family since that time, said to bring good fortune to the bearer, and more.

+3 Divine Relationship

Amara's attack cracked armor and caused the massive demon to roar in pain, followed immediately as it was by anne's blast of celestial light. It lashed out furiously, looking to knock Amara away with it's massive spined tail, even as it sent out more spines at Anne

(DC 14 for 60 damage on the ground for amara dc 14 in the air for 50 damage for anne)

defense roll
[Kamiko] 2:03 pm: And now a defense roll
Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 2+6+6: 14
[Kamiko] 2:03 pm: phew!
[Kamiko] 2:09 pm: witness?
[Long6] 2:10 pm: halleluja

Anne grumbled something about no rest for the wicked as she decides to hover up above and behind the beast, dodging past his spines and doing as best she can to stay out of his visual capability. If he can't aim, he can't hit. Or he'll change his focus of attention off of her partner. Both were good outcomes in Anne's head. Time to unload again!

Attack Roll!
[Kamiko] 2:14 pm: Attack roll!
Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 6+5+6: 17
[Kamiko] 2:14 pm: Almost! But good enough!
[Kamiko] 2:16 pm: witness?
[Long6] 2:16 pm: you don't get to attack until envoy posts
[Long6] 2:16 pm: wait nevermind
[Long6] 2:17 pm: forgot you went on same init
[Long6] 2:17 pm: 's fine

Status: Force Field Up, Hovering behind and above demon @ 15m altitude at 15m distance.
(current/max) EP: 105/120

+3 Divine Relationship

The Yakuza Heiress tried to bring her weapon up and around to deflect the massive apendge, but paused in confusion at the revelation that it's blade was invisible, struck down for her hesitation. Her aura rang like a bell, sending rainbow glow in all directions as it shot energy into the monster.

Amara tumbled back at the impact, getting to her feet without so much as a bruise as Anne fired from above and behind the brute, closing for another slash and hoping the blade was still there to strike the creature and just invisible for whatever reason. This was insane. A satisfying twist in the insanity since the party, but still insane, one of the old myths came to life with herself as Susanoo.

[envoy] 10:47 am: rolling melee defense for Amara...

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+6: 12

[envoy] 10:48 am: annnnnd, she's hit.

[envoy] 10:49 am: rolling to hit back...

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 3+5+9: 17

[envoy] 10:49 am: can I have a witness?

[Jeremy] 10:50 am: yo

[envoy] 10:53 am: excelent. I need to fail to dodge more often. that's an extra 60 damage whenever someone punches her in the face.

So, 60 damage to the beast for hitting Aamara, and 69 damage more if her attack hits. HP: full, EP: full.

Anne hit the big demon again getting it to roar in pain, then again as the energy field flared when it struck, burning it. The sword strike hurt, cutting armor from it's shoulder. It hunkered down and the two foot long spines began to multiply, then Explode outwards about a hundred meters driving thick spines through all the trees and anyone unlucky enough to be caught.

(There is no roll, this attack has an automatic hit. it is 100 damage. be glad it can only use it once a turn.)

The ring of the hit reverberated in Amara's ears, followed by a visceral spiritual tearing feeling as the field gave under the massive projectiles. She was flung backwards and off her feet, aching and bleeding. The Yakuza Heiress coughed and glared, one hand on her sword hilt, wishing that this thing would just *die* already. Die or surrender.

Her aura responded even as it reknit, bulging into a battering ram of Iridescence at their attacker.

[envoy] 5:00 pm: rolling to smack amara's attacker with her forcefield.

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+6: 9

[envoy] 5:00 pm: lol. nearly a crit fail.

Well, in the unlikely event that hits, 61 damage incoming. Forcefield down one level, HP:75/115, EP: Full.

Anne gets slammed back as the demon did it's area attack. Spines were all over her in every limb, spots on her chest... she knew she should be dead if it wasn't for her force field stopping that first attack, but it was knocked down completely. And she was in a very bad state.

Anne grinned as blood was staining every part of her flightsuit and starting to cover her face. "Heh... perhaps this was my time after all."

She levels her gaze and opens fire once more. If she was going to die here she wasn't going to be a coward. "There is one human, demon, that will die knowing they fought for their soul."

Attack Roll
[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: Okay making attack roll

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 1+3+6: 10

[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: ...

[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: Gonna Divine relationship that.

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+6: 18

[Kamiko] 1:22 pm: Bitch I'm sexy.

[Kamiko] 1:22 pm: witness?

[Jeremy] 1:22 pm: che

(current/max) HP: 17/105 !
(current/max) EP: 105/120

Used 1 Divine Relationship

+3 Divine Relationship

Amara's attack drew it's focus like a laser, it wanted nothing to do with the barrier of pain. It began to hunker down to launch spines again, a move that worked very well for it, and as it did, exposed a tiny weakpoint to Anne. Her blast of light hit just right, finding the weakpoint and piercing straight into the beast's heart, killing it instantly.

Anne heaved heavy breaths as she limped over to Amara. "Mission... Accomplished..."

She steadied herself on the standing remains of a tree, blood staining her flightsuit red, and some spines still left in her arms and legs. She still wonders how she survived, but she knows right now it might be better to get help... and fast.

"I think... I might need some help once we... get back to... home." The pain was excruciating, but that also helped her keep concious. "Amara... you were... Fantastic."

She smiled, pulling out her token. "Sucks I won't fly home... not with... how I feel right now. But... Thanks."

"If you can, remove that monster's head from it's body. I... don't want it regenerating."

Exaltant despite the pain of her own wounds and allowing herself her first real smile since hearing about the disapearance and possible death of her Mother, Amara sucked in breath and levered herself to her feet, green eyes studying their fallen opponent. "I don't think *this* kind of... monster regenerates. At least nothing like in the stories I've learned do..," she pondered aloud, a slender pillar of teenage beauty aglow with the light of her own soul, "And honestly, I'm not up for much more myself..."

She frowned and caught herself, happiness draining at Anne's bedraggled condition, her own selfishness and pride, "Oh. Let's get you back to the house, Aceworth-San. I think our... guide told we just have to crush these charms. Maybe she can tell me how to turn my gifts off, too. I don't think I can sheath my bokken or turn a doorknob like this."

Smile rueful but honest, and fishing out her token with one hand, she crushed the artifact and vanished in a soft implosion of air, followed shortly after by her much-battered Gaijin friend.

Archived