Light and Shadow Character Briefs

The Story Guide

Okay, post up your character ideas and requests for connects and whatnot here. Put the sheets in spoilers, please, and know that once we get a Forum I'll be setting up a sub-forum for individual character profile posts. This is partially just to get us to that point, and for people to start building connections and whatnot. Feel free to start up stories once you have a character approved. Please mark threads with 'Light and Shadow' in the tags. Thanks!

Darrik Reynolds grew up a wealthy Parisian son, thanks to his affluent parents. He was alternatively the apple of his parents' eyes, and then frustrated, as despite putting in a certain amount of success in school, Darrik preferred to intimately acquaint himself with a parade of adoring girls and other entertainments.

Just entering college, Darrik used an initial parental investment to begin stock trading on the Internet, and soon was paying off college with the profits. It seemed like things were going quite well - but changes were not far away.

Years ago, Darrik had met a fellow teen online, William Kerrin, from the island of Saint Bart's. The two had shared interests, and hit it off. It was Darrik who gave William the nickname Puck, which the other boy took to rather strongly.

Eventually, Darrik invited Puck to a week of fun in Paris, on his tab. The first nights were perfectly bon, but on night three, a couple packs of Sabbat vampires raided the underground indie rock party the two were attending.

In a horrific assault of fangs and inhuman malice, Darrik and Puck, and other attendees were subjected to a mass 'shovel-head' Embrace. The experience warped Darrik's mind, making him a willing participant of the ensuing attack on the Camarilla.

He and Puck survived, and became the nucleus of their new pack, Darrik conceding leadership to his more persuasive friend. Since, Darrik has become twisted into a demon of all lusts - and a willingness to slake them no matter what.

In the pack, Darrik serves as the financial manager and owns the communal house that serves as the pack's shelter, as well as a dangerous living weapon.

Sheet
Vampire, Clan: Lasombra

Faction: Sabbat

Nature: Monster

Demeanor: Thrill-seeker

Attributes

Strength 2, Dexterity 4 (Lithe), Stamina 4 (Tireless)

Intelligence 2, Wits 3, Perception 2

Charisma 2, Manipulation 3, Appearance 4 (Sexy)

Talents

Alertness 3

Brawl 3

Dodge 3

Intimidation 2

Empathy 1

Streetwise 1

Subterfuge 1

Skills

Firearms 3

Melee 3

Performance 1

Stealth 3

Knowledges

Finance 3

Occult 2

Linguistics 1 (Native: French, English)

Backgrounds

Resources 3

Generation 3

Contacts 2

Merits

None

Special Traits

WP 7

Humanity 5

Generation: 10th

Blood Pool 13

1 Blood Point per turn

Disciplines

Obteneration 3

Potence 2

Fortitude 2

Virtues

Conscience 1, Self-Control 4, Courage 5

Xavier Cross

Nature: Bon Vivant

Demeanor: Conniver

Essence: Questing

Tradition: Orphan

Attributes:

Strength 2 Dexterity 3 Stamina (Hardy Constitution) 4

Charisma 3 Manipulation (Persuasive) 4 Appearance (Roguish) 4

Perception 3 Intelligence (Sheer Brilliance) 4 Wits 3

Abilities:

Talents-

Alertness 2 Athletics 1 Awareness 2 Brawl 3 Dodge 3 Expression 3 Intimidation 3 Leadership 2 Streetwise (Fencing) 5 Subterfuge (Fast-Talking) 4

Skills-

Etiquette 3 Firearms 2 Meditation 2 Melee 2 Performance 2 Stealth 2 Survival 1 Technology 2

Knowledge-

Academics (History) 4 Computer 2 Enigmas 2 Investigation 2 Law 2 Linguistics 2 Medicine (Pharmaceuticals) 4 Occult 1 Science (Chemistry) 2

Backgrounds: Allies 2, Arcane 5, Avatar 5, Influence 4, Library 2, Resources 5, Talisman (Colt 1911s) 3

Merits: Night Club, Black Market Ties

Spheres: Correspondence 3, Entropy 2, Life 3, Matter 1, Mind 2, Prime 2, Time (Temporal Control) 5

Willpower: 7

Arete: 6

Quintessence: 21

Paradox: 3

Background: No one is sure how old Xavier Cross really is (or if that’s his real name), but those close to him know he’s older than he lets on and knows more about history than any average nightclub owner should. Although he’s been in Paris as long as anyone can remember, people do know he was in Los Angeles before he moves over seas, and has a record in New York (which strangely, no one can locate).

Xavier Cross works closely to ‘maintain the balance’ within supernatural society, making sure that whenever one side ends up with too many guns, the other side suddenly has the means to even the odds (sometimes at a discount). With all the supernatural factions in the world, always at war with each other, he’s found it quite profitable to remain in the middle, making sure no side wins, but no side ever really loses either. Although he shows a strong tendency for working for the ‘good’ guys, it’s not uncommon to see him dealing with all manner of clients from ‘questionable’ backgrounds.

He strives to keep everyone knee deep in sex, drugs and a good time and hopefully off of war. Most days he succeeds and although no one will admit it, he's responsible for more than a few under the table treaties that never reached the ears of higher ups within certain factions. If you name it, Cross can get it for you. He's honest, reliable, and makes it no secret that he deals with everyone (although there he few he won't deal with, but that's his business). He oes no one his loyalty, answers to know one, and works for no one except himself. Get on his good side though, and the good times will never end.

Image: A healthy, athletic man somewhere in his late 20’s or early 30’s. His dark skin and shoulder length black hair show his Mediterranean ancestry while his charming smile, deep voice and honeyed tongue usually display a measure of incredible self-confidence. When trouble hits town he’s been known to carry a pair of gold plated Colt 1911’s. Some claim the guns are incredibly powerful and highly enchanted and spew forth fire and lightning (they don’t, but Xavier thinks the rumor is hilarious, so doesn’t do anything to disprove it).

War and Peace: Xavier’s twin Colt 1911’s. These guns are enchanted as a pair and permit their user to wield and fire them both with no penalty to his dice pool. Additional actions split the pools normally. The magic on these weapons is not exclusive to Cross, or even Mages. Anyone who wields these guns benefits from their effect, even Sleepers. Any supernatural who uses them knows they are enchanted in some way. They also add +2 to all the statistics of the base weapon. These items are tweaked more like the Enchanted Item background in Mage the Awakening, than they are an actual Talisman.

Curtis Shane

Curtis Shane, as his name suggests, is American through and though, and the young Mage came over to Paris a few years ago, and apparently simply set up shop. Attempts to trace his history have yielded little fruit, as most online sources have no real record, as if never recorded - or expertly wiped.

Officially, Shane follows the Virtual Adept tradition and paradigm, but displays little interest in the Traditions' politics, in fact, he has been observed to be irritable and uncomfortable in extended and sizable social conversations. Nevertheless, he does seem make it his business to know things, and the MinervaSearch 'service' gets what you want him to look for. Rumor has it he possesses a large store of mundane and occult information that he never is able to fully get through.

His generally neutral concern with equal-opportunity sale and transfer of information extends to most in the supernatural world, though one notable exception seems to be the Technocracy, hinting at past bad blood of some kind.

Sheet
Mage, Tradition: Virtual Adept

Nature: Architect

Demeanor: Pedagogue

Essence: Questing

Attributes

Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2

Intelligence 5 (Sheer Brilliance), Wits 3, Perception 3

Charisma 2, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2

Knowledge

Academics (History) 1

Computer 5

Enigmas 3

Occult 2

Linguistics 1 (Native: English, French)

Science 2

Skills

Stealth 2

Technology 4

Drive 1

Talents

Dodge 2

Awareness 3

Alertness 3

Backgrounds

Resources 2

Contacts 4

Library 5

Merits

Ability Aptitude (Computers)

Eidetic Memory

Lightning Calculator

Shy

Defective Sense (Visual)

Special Traits

Arete 3

WP 6

Spheres & Foci

Correspondence 3

Forces 3

Matter 3

Mind 1

Prime 2

Specialty Foci: Smartphone w/Apps (Prime), Craft and Tech Tools (Matter), Internet (Correspondence), Computer Programs (Mind), Mathematical Constructs (Force)

I'll get accounts and separate posts up for these guys once I have stats for them, but I'm posting up my first ideas to see if anyone is interested in background ties or future plots.

Vampire:

Camarilla - A Losambra antitrib, a socialite elder that has always been a Camarilla member/supporter. She's often mistaken for a Toreador or Venture until someone notices her lack of reflection.

Sabbat - I'll be remaking a much darker/meaner version of Puck for the Sabbat, a Toreador and most likely a pack Priest (if I can find other PCs to play out the rest of the pack) or pack Alpha (if the pack is primarily NPCs).

Mage:

I'll be making a mage, but I haven't decided which Tradition yet, or really any details. Just wanna mage. ;)

Changeling:

Sidhe - A House Scathatch playboy that's in his mid-twenties and still a Wilder. Rich, allergic to responsibility, and a degenerate partier.

Eshu - A devout but not fanatical Muslim woman of Indian descent. A genuinely nice person, but I haven't got much farther than that for her.

Other:

I have no plans to play a werewolf, wraith, hunter, etc. at this point, but that may change if an interesting concept or situation arises.

A note on gameplay and time commitment for me -

This is my fun, stress-free place to tell some stories. As such, I make no guarantees for how quickly I'll post in a story. If you're wanting fast turn-around, I'm probably not the person to write with. I'm fine with building up background ties and making my characters great "background" for the city, but I'm not going to stress if I have a week or two of little/no inspiration to write for one or any of them.

I'll get accounts and separate posts up for these guys once I have stats for them, but I'm posting up my first ideas to see if anyone is interested in background ties or future plots.

Vampire:

Camarilla - A Losambra antitrib, a socialite elder that has always been a Camarilla member/supporter. She's often mistaken for a Toreador or Venture until someone notices her lack of reflection.

I definitely want this. My background actually has exactly something like this going on.

He could be Lavinia's childe, if she does shovel-heading embraces. Not that it would be all that important in the Sabbat since Darrik (and Puck) came from a mass-embrace. A fun light character tie, if you'd like, Joani.

Also, if you do take her Sabbat, I'm wanting to make a PC pack as much as possible. Puck is being set up to be a Priest or Dictus (leader)....Lavinia could make a very...compelling...pack priest.

Jasmyne is also making a character that's tightly associated with her. Are you making Lavinia Losambra? Is she still super religious? If so, she should really be Sabbat.

No, the clue being that she had a strong engagement going on with a Lasombra prior to the Anarch Revolt which caused the split/creation of Camarilla and Sabbath. Lavinia didn’t go Antitribu, because her sire was one of the first Archons and would’ve killed her instantly – but she always kept a secret connection/relationship with the Lasombra Sabbath.

That’s essentially her original background. She is an Elder of the Camarilla... with issues ;)

He could be Lavinia's childe, if she does shovel-heading embraces. Not that it would be all that important in the Sabbat since Darrik (and Puck) came from a mass-embrace. A fun light character tie, if you'd like, Joani.

Also, if you do take her Sabbat, I'm wanting to make a PC pack as much as possible. Puck is being set up to be a Priest or Dictus (leader)....Lavinia could make a very...compelling...pack priest.

Like I mentioned above – Lavinia could be an associate of that Pack – especially in Europe the Sabbath is having a rough time (if you go by the books). They are not as widespread in the old world like they are in the new world but she won’t turn Antitribu for several personal reasons.

I believe this could cause some really interesting stories and conflicts.

Um....a Lasombra antitrbu would be in the Camarilla. The clan is Sabbat. No h.

We're not going by the books unless that's really what people want. So far I haven't gotten an actual answer to my question about the city being controlled by the Sabbat or the Camarilla, just people quoting the books.

Puck is thoroughly Sabbat and only a decade old. He wouldn't know an elder Camarilla antitribu Lasombra, and he's honestly invested enough in the Sabbat that he'd just see her as a soul-tasty snack.

Um....a Lasombra antitrbu would be in the Camarilla. The clan is Sabbat. No h.

We're not going by the books unless that's really what people want. So far I haven't gotten an actual answer to my question about the city being controlled by the Sabbat or the Camarilla, just people quoting the books.

Puck is thoroughly Sabbat and only a decade old. He wouldn't know an elder Camarilla antitribu Lasombra, and he's honestly invested enough in the Sabbat that he'd just see her as a soul-tasty snack.

I'm not talking about a Lasombra Antitribu Elder - I'm talking about a Sabbath Lasombra Elder having ties to Lavinia. If that was not on the premise, then I apologize - I thought the Lasombra you were talking about was Sabbath.

I want to keep my background, though and Lavinia wouldn't function as a Pack Priest, or Sabbath in general.

You posted that "Lavinia didn't go Antritribu". Yes, she did. She's a Lasombra in the Camarilla. She's a Lasombra antitribu then, because the vast majority of the Lasombra are Sabbat.

Puck is not an elder, but he is Sabbat. He also, again, would not associate with Lavinia unless she was a Sabbat member. "Having ties" needs a bit more clarification. Is she secretly a Sabbat member and just pretending to be a Camarilla member? That seems to be what your last post is implying....

Huge missunderstanding here, I never stated that Lavinia was Lasombra. She is a Toreador Elder and as such never went Antitribu (because her sire would've killed her).

I think it was you who suggested making her a Lasombra but that's not what I'm looking for.

And concerning her ties - she was romantically engaged to a Lasombra prior to the Anarch Revolt. After the Revolt and the founding of the Camarilla and Sabbath, she remained loyal (mostly out of fear of her Sire) and her romantic interest went Sabbath - still over the centuries they maintained contact - secretely, sometimes helping eachother, sometimes fighting eachother (love/hate relationship basically). They wouldn't destroy/kill eachother but each one blames the other for not choosing their side and thus making their relationship impossible.

That's what I meant with "ties". She'd never be a secret Sabbath member or whatever, her only interest would be in that one single member of the Lasombra.

Call me old fashioned but in Europe we refer to the Sabbath with the "h" at the end.

The reason for this is to avoid any legal issues and personal conflicts with jewish players since they know the Sabbat as a religious holiday/ritual. If I'm not mistaken the translated stuff from WW in German is always written as Sabbath and not Sabbat. Old habits die hard, sorry.

Yeah, I have two characters planned. The character Mala mentioned (just replace the hers with his's), and a female Troll changeling who's.. well, I'd say overly serious, but that just makes her a regular troll, now doesn't it? :D

OHHHHHH! My second character concept, if Ravenna fell through was going to be Adam, a Banality 10 Troll who's forgotten his path after a series of really bad events happening in his life (his 2 children died in an accident and his marriage and life fell apart). Basically he's a Peter Pan story where he has to find the Dreaming again and remember that he is a noble warrior, and a powerful knight.

Another troll might just be the thing that could help him find the path again. That, and you're the only other changeling around... :P

(An yes, Changeling can come back from Banality 10... it just takes some work, patience, and a lot of questing.)

Oh, heck yeah I would. Adam's going to need all the help he can get, a troll to kick his ass into shape, an eshu to re-educate him of the ways of things and perhaps, once he's coming back around a sidhe to help get his courtly legs back.

The legends of Torn Eberk are many and filled all the things make trolls legendary... The changeling(s) who could bring him back to the fold would be worthy of high honors and praise indeed. And what sidhe doesn't enjoy a few people fawning over how awesome they are...

Emraced 13 years ago, at the height of the millennium frenzy of shovel-heading for the Sabbat, Puck was a first-time visitor to Paris from the island of St. Bartolomey in the Carribean. He was visiting a long-time internet friend, Darrik Reynolds, and checking out the rave scene of Paris when the Sabbat scooped up a party of dissafected teens and twenty-somethings. The official police reports cites a combination of LSD-induced insanity and drug/gang warfare for the numerous deaths that night.

The Embrace and ensuing burial, crawling out of his own grave, being hit in the head with a shovel, frenzy, murder of several people during said frenzy, and survival of the night only to be inducted into the Sabbat, has left the punk-goth youth in a....delicate....state of mind. Puck has convinced himself that dying was the best part of his life and has embraced the Sabbat with a borderline-fanatic devotion. He and Darrik watched out for each other during their early nights and were placed in a pack together; over the past decade Puck has risen to leadership in the pack and attracted the attention of Losambra elder in the city who is teaching him how to put his deceased humanity aside and embrace the Beast within.

Puck has found amusement and pleasure in breaking mortals, and the occasional Camarilla neonate, with a combination of pain and pleasure. His aura is streaked black from multiple diablories (all Camarilla Kindred) and he can no longer pass for human except in the dimmest of light or in the presence of heavily intoxicated or drugged mortals (ah, fun nigths!). He only truly loves his packmates now, a bond mostly created and maintained through the Vaulderie. He spends his nights in a haze of nihilistic pursuits - perfecting a talent for torture or leading the pack on raids into Paris proper.

Mechanics
Clan: Toreador

Faction: Sabbat

Nature: Sado-masochist

Demeanor: BonVivant

Attributes:

STR – 2

DEX – 3

STA – 2

PER – 3

INT – 2

WIT – 3

APP – 3

MAN – 3

CHA - 4 (Seductive)

Abilities:

Alertness – 3

Athletics – 1

Brawl – 3

Dodge – 3

Empathy – 2

Expression

Intimidation – 1

Leadership – 2

Streetwise – 3

Subterfuge – 3

Animal Ken

Crafts – 2 (Torture)

Drive – 1

Etiquette

Firearms – 2

Melee – 2

Performance

Ride

Security – 2

Stealth – 2

Survival

Academics – 1

Computer – 1

Enigmas

Finance

Investigation

Law

Linguistics

Medicine – 2

Occult – 2

Politics

Science

Disciplines:

Auspex – 1

Celerity – 1

Fortitude – 1

Presence – 3

Potence – 1

Give ’em Hell

(Presence 3, Fortitude/Potence 1)

Backgrounds:

Generation – 3 (all through diablerie)

Status – 1

Mentor – 2

Rituals – 1

Vitures:

Conscience – 2

Self-Control – 4

Courage – 4

Humanity – 4

Willpower – 4

Flaws & Merits

(3) Permanent Fangs

(1) Phobia (Mild): Being alone

(3) Daredevil

(1) Natural Leader

Note to Fellow Players: Please read both Public Backstory and OOC Information before interacting with these characters. Their backstory contains situations that may be offensive to some players.

The known history at this point is a brief bullet-point list. We may eventually elaborate, but for now we're both tired and this is the important stuff. :D

Known History
- Married pair of Lasombra antitribu elders who settled in Paris almost two-hundred years ago.

- Members of the Camarilla for far longer - since it's very inception.

- They are the head of a vast wine and agricultural empire that used to stretch primarily from France to Northern Italy. They began expanding on a more global level about fifty or so years ago.

- Deeply entrenched in Parisian high society, both Kindred and mortal.

- They have accepted domain within the city but have refused any official titles.

- Known to be both generous and gregarious, freely giving of their money and often hosting social events for the Kindred and Kine alike.

- Maria is a patron of the arts and works to develop new artistic talent in Paris.

- Large estate in Paris

- Known to be friendly with Clan Ravnos.

- Strict supporters of the traditions, willing to take in young Kindred who lack a responsible sire or were embraced outside of the Camarilla. (OOC: Anyone wanting to play an abandoned child or probationary sect member may have been given into the care of Gianluca and Maria, please PM.)

- They hold two domains within the city, Gianluca holds part of the financial district and Maria has a section of the city known for culture and high society (will detail these areas later).

- They are Elysium Regulars - yes, we even spent points on it.

- They appear to be truly, deeply in love with each other.

Important OOC Information
- Gianluca and Maria were born as elder brother and younger sister. They had a very short incestuous relationship during their mortal life in the mid-15th century. They have been living as husband and wife since their embrace, over 500 years ago. This is NOT public knowledge, though if a character were inclined to dig into their history it is possible that it could be uncovered. We understand that this is a sensitive subject for many people, and while it most likely will not come up during gameplay, it is a part of their history and situation. If any player does not want to interact with them at all, please let us know and we will keep them away from your characters.

- Anything else about their history that a PC is looking into, please PM our Gianluca and Maria accounts to discuss how those stories will go.

Name: Adam Bristow

Court: Seelie

Legacies: Paladin/Ringleader

House: None

Seeming: Wilder (due to Blood of the Rivers)

Kith: Troll

Physical: Strength (Powerful) 7, Dexterity 3, Stamina (Tough) 5

Social: Charisma 3, Manipulation (Cunning) 4, Appearance (Handsome) 4

Mental: Perception 3, Intelligence 3, Wits 3

Talents: Alertness 2, Athletics (Track & Field) 4, Brawl (Special Forces Training) 4, Dodge 2, Empathy 2, Intimidation (Interrogation) 4, Persuasion 3, Streetwise (Gathering Information) 4, Subterfuge 3

Skills: Drive 2, Etiquette 3, Firearms 3, Leadership 2, Melee (Swords) 4, Security 3, Stealth 2, Survival 1

Knowledges: Computer 1, Enigmas 1, Investigation (Criminal Psychology) 4, Law (Federal) 5, Linguistics 3, Medicine 2, Occult 1, Politics 2, Science 2

Arts:

Primal 4 – Willow Whisper, Eldritch Prime, Oaken Shield, Heather Balm (Holly Strike)

Soothsay 4 – Omen, Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair, Tattletale, Augury

Sovereign 3 – Protocol, Dictum, Grandeur

Wayfare 5 – Hopscotch, Quicksilver, Portal Passage, Wind Runner, Flicker Flash

Realms: Actor 5, Nature 2, Fae 5, Prop 4, Scene 2, Time 3

Backgrounds: Contacts 2, Dreamers 2, Resources 2, Title 3 (Although a Knight (Title 2), he's respected as Title 3 due to his reputation)

Merits: Animal Magnetism, Blessing of Atlas, Blood of the Rivers, Code of Honor (RP tool), Reputation (most Changelings have heard of him), Police Ties (still has a few friends at the F.B.I.)

Flaws: Changeling’s Eyes, Confused (out of touch), Enemies (several), Nightmares, Surreal Quality

Glamour: 5

Banality: 10

Willpower: 7

Background: Torun Eberk had reached the height of legacy within Kithain society as a hero, a knight and a paladin of justice and right. His tales of warring with fomori, defending the commoners and battles with foes both real and chimerical were spun through the kingdoms by Eshu and exaggerated to amazing lengths by Pooka. He battled along side the Prodigal Tribes and fought to push the Darkness away from the world, both the real and in the Dreaming.

Adam Bristow, the mortal seeming of Torun Eberk, however was a simple man with a life devoted to his family and protecting his country. Despite seeing the worst the world had to offer he was a devoted husband and loving father to his wife Belinda and his twins, Tommy and Tammy. When in college he entertained his friends with all night gaming sessions (which is where he met his wife), telling stories and living a life of adventure in other worlds. When he joined the military he rose in the ranks and quickly was teaching others the importance of honor and duty. No matter what endeavor he tackled, he was beloved by all.

Adam Bristow was a loving husband and father who never took the evils of the day home with him. A fun and exciting man whose children adored him because he had awesome ideas like eating desert first or painting the garage… with their feet. As a family man he could always be found giggling and playing with his children or sharing a tender moment with his loving wife, reminding her why he fell so deeply in love her ever chance he got. His life was perfect. He had the love and magic of his family around him while still being able to serve his duty to the people and the Kithain.

As always though, tragedy struck when a drunk driver on a rainy night slammed into the family car. Belinda was okay, but their children were in critical condition. For weeks it was touch and go with their health as their parents wept with worry. For six months Tommy and Tammy lie in bed, kept alive by machines long after their wounds from the accident had healed. Adam and Belinda were walking on eggshells with one another as the tragedy was tearing them apart and she’d moved to her mother’s, unable to deal with his depression. Calling in favors, Adam asked his fellow Kithain for help, seeking cures if any could offer. He quested into the Dreaming and sought the power of seers and Prodigal Shamans… but none, no matter how hard they tried, could rouse the children from their sleep.

Inexplicably one evening they received a call from the hospital. Tommy and Tammy had both died in their sleep. Every ounce of magic in Adam’s life was suddenly torn from his chest as the pain and reality of his loss hit him. No longer did he smile, no longer did he take to his job with any sense of pride. Slowly the Mists surrounded him as the World of Darkness shrouded his love, his life and his heart. How could he love with so much pain inside? How could he trust when everything and everyone failed him? After all he did, after all he was for the people and world, in the end he was left alone and stranded to face pain and misery alone.

His life had, in less than one year, gone from perfect and magical to nothing more than one big apology and condolence after another. Fed up with the familiarity of his broken home he up and left one day without telling anyone, fleeing to Europe on a vacation to ‘just get away’, a vacation from which he never returned. That was six years ago. Now Adam lives in a tenement building on Paris’s darker side. Everyday he tortures himself with the memory of his failure as a husband and a father and the nightmares of his failure to his duty to both his family and the Kithain haunt him.

Now he works as a bouncer for an adult club called “Strikers”, a few blocks from where he lives, as well as acting as the live in handy man for the building itself, fixing pipes, minor electrical issues, and the like. He still maintains a small savings but the handy work pays for his apartment and the bouncing pays for his bills.

Although he’s lost himself to the banal world, his legacy and his glamour remain strong, as does his code of honor and the forgotten ways of his kith. Despite living in a low income housing building where most pay their way by selling drugs, or themselves, he’s managed to become the residents’ unofficial ‘guardian’. Every issue and problem that springs up, from abusive boyfriends to someone not turning down the music, sometimes even to reach a bag of flour on a top shelf. The people look up to him, despite his constant attempts to push them away and no matter how he tries to deny their requests or remain uninvolved with their lives they always seem to come running back to him and he always agrees only to regret it later (Surreal Quality).

Although he doesn’t realize it, two of the people within his apartment building have touched his life. Deirdre Kendrick, a young, full of life dancer at the club where he bounces has befriended him and refuses to allow him to stay glum, seeing that somewhere inside of all that mess is a wonderful man and she respects him like an older, wiser brother. The other is Markus Marko who always seems to have money troubles thanks to his gambling habits. Adam has helped save the man’s life several times already and slowly begun to show the man how to get his life back on track. His actions with these two people are the only thing keeping his connection to the dreaming alive, but just barely, as they continuously fuel his noble and honorable birthright as a guardian and protector of the world. It’s almost as if something is calling him back to the Dreaming, if only he’d listen…

OOC Truth: Adam, in his grief, never realized the oddity of both his children dying at precisely the same time on the same night, in their sleep. His Lord betrayed Torun, who felt that Torun’s life was just too perfect and the well loved Troll (more loved than his Lord, even) needed to be dropped down a few pegs and taught humility. Although it was only intended to be a harmless prank, something to keep him from his perfect life for a bit where in the end the Lord would swoop in and save day by “healing” his children, it went terribly wrong and the children ended up passing away instead. No one knows the truth but the man who did it and if Torun ever finds out his rage would tear the Dreaming asunder until justice is dealt.

The children, unfortunately, didn’t fare so well. Maybe they’re not dead? Maybe they were swept away to the dreaming, enchanted, and have been raised the last six years by other Changelings, gloating over their defeat of the mighty Paladin Torun Eberk, coward of the Whipering Kingdom and Oath Breaker. Or perhaps, they truly are gone, passed away from the mortal world. Either way, the six months they spent in a coma gave rise to an incredibly powerful Nocnitsa, a twisted and evil chimera born from the combined, torturous nightmares of shattered innocence and vile betrayal.

Although Adam has forgotten his Kith and thus hasn’t access to his Titan’s Strength, he was betrayed by his Lord and thus, he never broke any sworn oaths (his Lord broke them by killing his children, accidental, or not).

Image: Adam is a powerfully build man, six foot three inches tall with incredibly defined muscle tone, broad shoulders and a thick neck (Blessing of Atlas). He keeps his hair short, and always seems to have a few days worth of stubble on his face and although he’s an attractive man, there’s just something about him that seems to always grate on the nerves of every other man he meets (Animal Magnetism). His most dazzling feature seems to be his sapphire blue eyes, they just seem ‘other worldly’ as they shimmer and gleam in a way and hue that just doesn’t seem natural (Changeling’s Eyes).

In his fae mien Adam is incredibly tall, nearly seven feet, with deep blue skin the match his glimmering sapphire eyes. Like his mortal seeming, every muscle is perfectly toned and his body is an example muscular poetry (thanks to the Blessing of Atlas). Unlike other Trolls, he does not sport a small pair horns but crest upon his brow where the horns sweep back over his head, similar to a ram, but they to not spiral (he can, and does, use them to head butt others).

‘No’ is Adam’s favorite word and he uses it push everyone away, but his nature and knightly ways always get the better of him and ‘no’ eventually becomes ‘I’ll see what I can do’. He has no used for bright colors and all he owns seems to be in various shades of muted tones and depressing shades of grays and blacks. He never smiles, barely talks above a whisper, and never really has much to say unless someone speaks to him first. He lives a very Spartan lifestyle. No television, no modern amenities like a cell phone or computer. For this reason he’s nary a clue what’s going on in the real world (and especially the Dreaming), which makes conversations with him incredibly one-sided since Adam has intentionally just left himself out of every loop there is (Confused).

Personal Information

Known Name: Sabine Cyr

Legal Status: Canadian citizen, illegal French immigrant

Marital Status: Unmarried

Physical Traits

Weight: 130 lbs

Height: 5’7”

Sex: Female

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color: Black

Appearance: Sabine is tall for a woman, with a strong frame well-used to the rigors of her early life. Her complexion is pale and tends to make her look pallid until she put some color into her cheeks. Her tendency to not smile leaves her expression overly somber most of the time. Her black hair is thick and curly, though she tends to wear it tightly braided or under a scarf.

Powers, Skills and Personality

Known Powers: Sabine doesn’t have powers; she’s a normal mortal, save for being a Kinfolk.

Abilities/Special Skills: The blue-eyed mortal’s two greatest skill are tied together: her empathy toward others and her homeopathy. She truly has a generous, caring heart. But that empathy has given her trouble as well; Sabine finds it hard to know when to draw the line, when she’s already overtaxed and doesn’t need to help one more person. The problem is that she can do so much to help people; she’s familiar with herbs and tinctures. These cheap cures often save people a trip to the hospital (while France does cover medical care, sometimes odd things happen to people who visit them). She also has a great knack for looking over her own shoulder and noticing things that most people wouldn’t see.

Personality: Though she can be jumpy or paranoid, Sabine genuinely cares about people. She’s very kind-hearted, often to a fault. She’s subdued and meek most of the time, but can surprise people by being forceful when dealing with a health emergency. She pushes others away actively, fighting to remain alone just in case her family finds her.

Background

Sabine grew up Evangeline Ouellette in the northeastern part of Quebec. Her extended family is a large one: over a dozen families, packs and septs of Fianna and Get of Fenris spread out over the Torngat Mountains in Newfoundland and Quebec. Torngat means place of spirits and the Gauntlet was thin there, allowing close contact with the Umbra. Most of the children were given small fetishes to protect them from spirits; Eva’s is a necklace she never removes. Eva grew up aware of her heritage, just as she knew she wouldn’t become a werewolf herself. No one in her immediate family got that honor, a disappointment to her father.

Her people are isolationist descendants of the original settlers in Arcadia and Louisiana. They speak a rural dialect of French, one which is understandable by Parisians but considered hick. Eva grew up without running water or electricity; she traveled via foot, dog sled, or (rarely) snowmobile. She learned to hunt and forage for her own food, as well as how to treat injuries. Even her clothing was handmade either by herself or someone else in her family.

When she turned sixteen, her father arranged for her to be married. Eva knew the young man; he was a werewolf, but she didn’t mind him. He was a nice guy, cute enough and he even had a respectable amount of renown. The wedding was set but on the night of the engagement party, her fiancé grew jealous of her talking to a male friend; when that friend hugged her, he was ripped to shreds by her raging husband-to-be.

The young girl had thought she was ready to deal with werewolf society, but the barbarism of that act—the death of someone she loved at the hands of the man she was supposed to marry—mixed with her family’s casual acceptance of what happened fractured her sense of safety. “It’s just the way werewolves are” her mother told her. That was when Sabine understood: “It’s just the way your husband will be, too”.

The girl fled her family and headed south, knowing only that large cities with lots of humans were there. In Montreal, she was able to blend into the crowds. In time, she picked up the rules of survival on the streets and eventually found her way to a forger. He created a false identity for her, and Sabine Cyr was born.

Sabine attended massage therapy school, getting a job at a small new age homeopathy shop. Her knowledge of herbs and natural remedies was augmented by the school’s own information and soon she was respected among her peers for that as well.

Her life crumbled when two of her cousins showed up, ready to take her home. In a panic, Sabine fled, leaving behind almost everything she’d gained. After hiding with friends, she was able to recover her passport and money, as well as a few small items, before running again. This time, the ocean itself couldn’t stop her and she came to Europe.

After wandering with a summer carnival and giving massages for a euro a minute, Sabine found herself in Paris in the fall. She thought about moving on, but instead landed a job in another new age herbalism shop. Though hesitant to settle down again, Sabine was tired of running. Once she found a cheap apartment, it seemed almost destined. Hesitantly, the wary and weary kinfolk began to build another life.

Concept: Kinfolk Fleeing her People

Nature: Caregiver

Demeanor: Loner

Breed: Human

Tribe: Get of Fenris/Fianna

Attributes

Strength – 2, Dexterity – 3, Stamina – 3

Charisma – 4 (Empathic), Manipulation – 3, Appearance – 3

Perception – 4 (Paranoid), Intelligence – 3, Wits – 3

Abilities

Alertness – 3, Athletics – 1, Brawl – 1, Dodge – 2, Empathy – 3, Streetwise – 3, Subterfuge – 3

Animal Ken – 3, Crafts – 3, Firearms – 2, Stealth – 2, Survival – 3

Linguistics – 1 (French [N], English), Medicine – 4 (Massage Therapy), Occult – 1, Rituals – 1

Backgrounds

Alternate ID – 3 (Sabine Cyr)

Fetish – 1 (Celtic Triquetra – protection against ill-intentioned spirits)

Resources – 1 (Working Poor)

Contacts – 1 (Homeopathy Network)

Virtues

Conscience – 3, Courage – 4, Self-Control – 3

Humanity – 6, Willpower – 4

Merits and Flaws

Common Sense – 1M

Soft-Hearted – 1F

Uninsured – 2F

Natural Runner – 1M

Robust Health – 1M

Archived