[Exalted] OOC Heaven's Reach

Krul

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, a bit of slacking off because of working on aberrant doesn't mean I'm not going to keep Heaven's reach going..  (also because of work lately, life has to take a priority too)

Now, the plan to meet yesterday to work on this thread of combat was derailed by work, and I failed to indicated to enough folks that I planned to pick up the slack today, so we'll try this again.

Saturday, tomorrow, 11 am pacific standard time..

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, how much of a speed loss would I suffer if I switch to Warstrider Mode?

Pretty much this is my plan:

1: Switch to Warstrider

2: Slam into the hoverbike (and pilot) bringing all of us down to ground level

3: On hitting ground use Hull-preserving technique to have my craft shrug off hitting the ground
4: While the baddie is recovering from several tons of Warstrider spearing them in the career I climb out of my cockpit and get my sidearms ready.

The other option is using my warstrider's melee weapon to cut said hoverbike in twain.

I'm wagering that the hoverbike will not survive my attack... So how do I do this, and is this even possible?

If this sounds like a bad idea I am not stuck on this... thing is I don't want to start shooting 3 mote shots when I only have 25 total, and a miss could cause civilian casualties the bad guy can use to get away.

I'm not going to say out and out that you can't do this, you can, I'd need a piloting roll and a athletics roll..  the problem is what she can do in response... once you join battle with her, if within two rounds of action, she wants to be elsewhere, she can retroactively shift herself to have never been there.  You'd need to draw out the combat senquence longer then that, or make your intial attack one that doesn't give her a chance to act at all, blasting her out of the sky with extreme damage would do that.

Take the shot! (^_^)

Seriously though, I recommend not overthinking it. Your character has a second or two to make up her mind. Go with your gut and we'll RP the consequences. Things don't have to turn out golden to be a fun and interesting story. :)

Very well... this is an enemy of the crown... so I would have to draw this fight out first so she can't retcon it? If I just one-hitter quitter her, she'll just say "nope, hax". So I gotta stretch this out a bit...

I think the cannon should be a good chaser to start. I think I need to practice with the onboard weapon control system... first time in a variable geometry warstrider. Just breakin' her in. Once I can get her to do a rollback, I will spear her in her career.

So, what am I rolling?

Actually can I make my moves this Weekend? Or at least when I know you're on, Krul?

Because you're in a fighter jet, and she's on a motorcycle?

And more to the point, the only other one anywhere nearby is Zed (who is not on a combat vehicle) who is actually pretty close by still, so you could talk to him and see about what he can do to help.

I sorta figured he'd be the one to confirm the kill though, since he lacks the giant autocannons. :)

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. Kestrel's the one who is sorta running the show, so if it goes sideways you can blame her. :)

So I can make that last post, what were the people involved in the negotiation (that I care about) wanting?

Queen, Admiral, Althea, Dan, Nexus?

Since at this point Methis could probably write the treaty on a napkin and have it be viewed as high politics, I'm interested in seeing what comes out of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any issues with it, we've been going slowly, which is my fault, I've been completely exhausted this week, between work and watching my brothers kids until their dad gets home, I love them and I've not got a problem doing it, but it eats into my

sleep/rest schedule in ways that I haven't gotten the hang of yet, which is why I haven't been on as much.

On a side note, this is the end of the Diplomatic agenda's thread, I'll be posting that this weekend, then some training time.. then a mission into the Teminus.. so you may want to prepare for entry into the realm of the dead and undead.

Archived