[Exalted] OOC Heaven's Reach

Krul

I'm hoping to return in a couple days. I'll try to be sorted by then. I will also be watching PMs in regards to certain things about my character. I'm thinking if I keep looking forward to Vera it'll give me some hope in my day.

Just right now, at least for a couple days I will just be keeping under the radar.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be working on Vera's artifacts soon, these last few weekends I have to work extra hours due to lack of folks to cover them(and it's looking like that trend will continue for a while), otherwise I'd have been available to work on it already... tomorrow and Tuesday I'll be working on that, and will try to be in chat as well.

There is one thing that has to be said.

From how I read Methis' commentary, Vera took it as a belittling of her, and her family's sacrifice. Then now he's told her to run along and play while the adults talk among themselves.

It's no leap of logic that she would take this very much in offense.

Also, after reading back on the chat, I realize that my actions once again need justification OOC towards people.

I shouldn't have to justify my IC actions OOC. I did what was right for my character.

She's just lost almost her entire family save her own mother to war. She;s just had some high-faulting diplomat belittle her in front of The Queen and completely dismiss what she has had to go through.

That should be more than enough justification for my IC actions.

I am going to take my leave of that scene at the first convenience. I am not going to deal with this further. I'm getting the feeling this might threaten my further involvement with the game in a meaningful manner.

Just to be clear, as ST I have absolutely no issues with Vera's actions and responses, some tension between characters is fine, as long as it doesn't go too far.  Exaltation not withstanding, Vera's recent experiences do make her reactions quite understandable from my viewpoint as the ST.

In general, my only issue with discussions that have reached this point is that I know that if Dan doesn't move to sooth things over, Althea or the Queen will, and I do prefer to allow PC's to work though their own issues before having ST characters step in.

If the queen has issue with self-targeting, Essence-backed social augmentations, he was in trouble the second he walked in the door.  (He has at least one social charm -- Mastery of Small Manners -- and his "Glorious Raiment" Artifact active the vast majority of the time, to say nothing of hearthstones)

Regardless, it will be interesting what happens next.

It's more likely that she has some kind of countermeasure available.

Expecting an exalted diplomat to interact without using charms is like getting pissed at a duellist when he brings his sword or guns to a match. These are the tricks and tools of their trade. If she can't deal with them, she can't be much of a queen. :)

And, regardless of if anyone was capable of detecting what, Methis charm use is directed at the empire's representative, not the Queen or any of her people, I can't imagine her getting upset on that basis. 

As to detection of essence use, it's actually not all that easy to detect the use of personal essence, unless a charm has the obvious tag.. or if someone is actively using All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, which makes all charm use obvious to the user, it is however a Celestial charm, and the Queen is a Terrestrial, so she would have to have an artifact to enhance her perceptions to such a degree.  More subtle methods of essence use detection exist, but usually depend on one being the actual target.

If Dan wishes to speak to me, I'm behind a pillar, I'm sure I'm going to get reamed out for it, but I don't care at this point what happens to me. If I'm out of the game because "I'm not being a Zenith" then that's how it is.

People should realize this is my first time playing in this, and what is in the main books doesn't apply as well to HR.

In fact I'm not comfortable as to how power is even weilded in this game.

You haven't messed up anything from my viewpoint, Vera is a duck out of water in a diplomatic meeting, at least for the time being, a Zenith can be a social powerhouse with the right charms, but even with one or two of her social charms, this is not an area that plays to her strengths, but this was the best place and easiest way to make her part of the team.

Direct action is more Vera's strength, and you will have opportunities for that too.. once the diplomacy and assassins are done and you folks take some time to meditate and increase your essence to the next level.

Then why was I pointed towards a Zenith other than the fact "we didn't have one"?

Look now I wager I'm going to get the "If you aren't so sure, then maybe Vera's gonna lose her powers" or some crap like that. At this point I don't care what happens. I'm sick of having to justify my actions to every person every day when others don't even get the same scrutiny.

In case folks are wondering, I had planned to work on posting today, but got called in to work a 12 hour shift today (second in 2 days), so my posting is a bit delayed.

In the meantime, for the lovely posting, 8 XP for everyone for role playing, character development and entertaining your ST, with an extra 2 XP to rubio for the lovely Fat Camp posts (for making your ST laugh).  Been applied and added to the XP post in the Information thread.

Would you mind I do some solo posting? There seems to be a gap of time I can mess with between the battle and my signing on. I think I sort of have somewhat of a handle on who Vera is post exaltation, so I might write something that sort of dove-tails into things...

In fact, how much of a gap of time is there?

Your free to do Solo Posting, everyone is in fact, I encourage it for character development and understanding.

As to time, the space battle was followed by a ground battle to clear the moon manses, which took at least a week or two, and Vera would have exalted during the space battle, so you have just about two weeks of time between Vera's Exaltation and the present diplomatic meeting.

Yeah, not to mention the fact that she would have been stuck in space away from the moon battle.

But, that also means two weeks to herself and her family back on the Homeworld. I think I can do something.

One question: Does this mean two weeks after all the battles? Or the entire time period is two weeks, and the meeting is right after the manses were cleared? 

Here we go!

[Rubio] 2:21 pm: Okay. Six dice for join battle...

[Rubio] 2:22 pm: Aaaand I can't roll from my phone

Asarasa *rolls* 6d10: 7+2+6+5+4+2: 26

[Asarasa] 2:23 pm: It's /d xdy

[Rubio] 2:26 pm: Ahhh

Rubio *rolls* 6d10e7: 10,6,9,2,5,5. Successes = 2

[Rubio] 2:27 pm: Actually 3 fir rolling the 10

[Rubio] 2:27 pm: Witness?

[Rubio] 2:28 pm: Anyone?

[Lobby]: Jordan has entered at 2:28 pm

[Asarasa] 2:29 pm: Witness

[Jordan] 2:29 pm: Heya Folks

[Asarasa] 2:29 pm: Heya Jordan