[Exalted] OOC Heaven's Reach

Krul

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks, we're about to go into a heavy combat squence here.. one way or another, so after talking it over with a few folks, I think I am going to aim at doing this in a chat room to move through it faster, if I can get the groups involved in the different actions all together at the same time.

On a different note, post coming up in the next day or so, 3rd at the latest.. but most likely not today...also.

Happy New Year everyone.

So, the tentative plan is for krul, max, and I to meet Saturday for the ground half of the latest chaotic goings on. I'm good whenever that day, but I can't lurk all day on the chatroom. If you two could come up with a two or three hour window when it works for you, max and krul, I'll be there with bells on to see what a full moon lunar can do to a deathknight and it's friends if it comes to blows. :D

Sense I have been asked, and it is very relevant, the manses of the network, are deep inside of the moon and aligned as so, all of the following are easy to attune with no problems

24 manses level 3 (Fire and Earth), you may attune any of these without trouble, I also have no issues with you deciding what heartstones they have.. (With geomancy, and a lot of water/ice one or two could even be shifted to water, though that would take a few weeks - Wood or Air is out of the question though)

8 Manses level 4 - 1/2 Sidereal and 1/2 Lunar (and yes, still deep underground, certain magics though make these manses seem like they are on the surface, displaying constant stellar or lunar visions overhead)

4 Manses at level 5 (Three Solar, One Water (Ice really) only water manse in network, all level 5 (Heartstones(Solar): Gem of Day's Light, Gem of Perfect Mobility, Stone of Inhuman Beauty, Oathstone || Water: Gemstone of Solid Water )

Manses that are in the lunar network and presently uncontaiminated, and therefor easy to attune with no problems, there are another 12 contaminated manses in the network, also ranging from 3-5, though more high level ones in this case (3 at 3, 4 at four, 5 at five).. as these require cleansing of the undead forces, they will need geomantic work to simply turn back to normal

A Note on Geomancy: It is possible to alter a manse with a bit of work, to produce a different heartstone(s) of similar aspect to the manse (about 1 day per dot of manse), Changing a manse to a different aspect is much harder, unless you have sorcery to do so quickly, it's about (1 week per dot of manse), and you must have the right types of elements/materials on hand to work this sort of complicated geomancy.. just damaging a manse to stop it's heartstone from being of use is much easier.

On a different note, the Stone of Inhuman Beauty is rating 4, while the Oathstone is rating 1, they both come from the same rating 5 manse.

Spells that can expedite the process, I should note, some of these have very undesirable side effects and are meant for incredibly destructive purposes, but they can be altered or used to alter a manse in a rather... destructive manner.

Terrestial: Raising the Earth's Bones, Summoning the Harvest (Wood only for the main part), Unstoppable Fountain of the Depths (Water mostly), Water from Stone (Water and Earth mainly)

Celestial: Ivory Orchid Pavilion (Life/Wood Effects mostly), Magna Kraken(Fire Mostly), Outside Worlds Within, Torrential Cascade

Solar: I leave this to your imagination, based on my previous examples, I'm sure you can figure out some of them that can be used this way.. but with the exception of Solar Sanctuary, and perhaps Benediction of the Archgenesis, you really don't want to use solar spells for this sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so it's about that time when I start fielding complaints about the fact that I'm playing an Infernal Exalted. (It seems like it comes up every couple of months or so) So in the interests of Final Goddamned Resolution (because seriously, I'm tired of it) I am making this proposal.

I can write up a character that is nigh identical to Janos, but a Solar. There are some things that Janos can do that others can't, but that's just a matter of being a different creature type and can be addressed in a fairly simple matter and more than compensated for by the fact that the Solar versions of some of his powers are simply more powerful than the Infernal.

I have been told on several occasions that there is an OOC prejudice and issue to the fact that I am playing this being. At this point, in character, we have an Infernal that is actively supporting the group, has the backing of the Marshals, has demonstrated talent and drive to equip the group with the best equipment and skills imaginable, and a special affinity towards breaking Creatures of Darkness. Despite of all of this, because of the fact that he is an Infernal, there is some sort of OOC prejudice that needs to be overcome.

If the OOC issue stems from the fact that I was allowed to play an Infernal and there is some way to mitigate that OOC, I would seriously like to know what that is. IC is one thing. OOC is another one. If there's no way to mitigate it, then somebody just come out and say it and that will be the end of it. New character, no character, honestly I don't care anymore. This under the table shit has got to stop and the OOC issues need to be gone as of yesterday.
*Mic Drop*

Honestly the IC interaction is unrelated to what I'm talking about.

I had a long discussion with someone who may or may not identify themselves on this thread that summarized the issue being OOC irritation and problems with the fact that I'm playing an Infernal at all.

On the IC side I'm thinking it's fairly hilarious that character prejudices are going the route of the self-fulfilling prophecy. Plus at some point, who knows? Part of the reason for the focus on the quest for apotheosis is that I want to see what happens when Janos's anima goes gold instead of green.

The problem I have is that when it is flat out told to me that there are issues with the fact that I'm playing a Green Sun Prince that stem from the OOC. That isn't cool. As before, IC is one thing, OOC is another.

Here's the long and short of it.

If there is an OOC issue with the fact that my character comes from the green book, I ask that the players address it on this thread so that a) There is a record of the concerns that doesn't disappear when private chats go away and B) the ST can see the concerns.

If the concerns merit the revocation of the Infernal being allowed as a playable Exalt type, then see above. If it doesn't, then that pretty much resolves that.

Either way, this should open a dialogue between the irritated party(the ooc irritated person), the offending party (that's me) and the storyteller (the person who approved Infernal in the first place) so that something resembling resolution can be reached and we can be over and done with this.

So here's the deal.

At this point, I am told by a specific player in this game that they have issues with me playing an infernal for the reasons given above. I am also told that there are other reasons that they are not going to tell me about.

I have requested that these issues be brought out into the open so that they can be dealt with among the group instead of in private chats that vanish once either party leaves the room. When asked for a public resolution in order to prevent having this exact same issue come up months later, they have flat out stated, and I quote: "you're not getting a public one" ("One" being resolution).

As such, I am deciding here and now that however much I may enjoy the character, I'm not ok with a simple unwillingness to be up front and open with issues. No matter where it comes from.

As such, I'm out.

This is not my first issue, I have been very open, public, and up front with what issues I have. That's just my way. It is, however, my last.

Peace. Krul, I leave the proper dealing with Janos and his final destination in your hands. I know of a player or two who may be interested in taking him on as an Ally or a Mentor or something and I'm frankly ok with that.

Have fun storming the galaxy.

I've been completely busy this weekend, people calling off because of a good deal of snow over the weekend, left me working multiple 12 hour shifts, so no ability to address this issue, or do any posting with any of my characters in various games.

Hope things loosen up for you enough for you to come back and post, Krul. I think that the four of us that are left, barring one or two things that may need your signature to make official before we go, are ready and willing to kick some ghostly ass one of these weekends or whenever. I am at any rate, so here's hoping. *salutes*

Well, I don't know how you want to do this ghost assault, krul, but we four players have talked and if you want to do a quick one-shot session in the chat, Fridays works out for all of us. Don't know if that works for you or even if you want to try something like that again, but there it is. Your loyal players are ready to pit themselves against the best horrors you care to throw at us in your interesting game.

That actually will work, I'll drop in and talk to folks about it tomorrow, would have done so today, but 12 hour work days leave me feeling worn out when I get home, only thing I want at that point is sleep.

Lesee... This week Monday I'm good after about 6 pm cali time, Tuesday-Thurday anytime before 6 pm cali time, and Friday any time after 1 pm cali time. Saturday-Sunday I'm busy with friends and stuff. Let's do this. It's been too long sicne we've burned motes and thrown dice against your beasties, krul. :D

Archived