On Today, August 15th

Dawn OOC

... I became a published author. :D

And I owe thanks to you guys. I knew I was a 'decent' writer but I wasn't too sure of my talent when I first came here. Years of praise and ego-polishing made me confident enough to believe that people wanted to read what I was writing. So I wrote, and contacted a small publisher and found out she loved what I wrote. May she be the first of many.

In addition to inflating my head, you have taught me about stories - what makes them interesting and what makes them great. I have laughed and cried and been inspired by everyone here.

Thank you guys. You're all awesome, and I won't forget you when I'm as famous as Anne Rice. (Let's hope I don't go through the weird Catholic phase!)

Dawn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a quick favor to ask: For those of you that have a Facebook page, and haven't yet done this, can you please 'Like' City of Promise's FB page? Do this only if you like (and I won't ever ask you why you didn't). I ask because I'm just shy of 30 and I need that 30 to start doing additional tracking on the page. Sadly, it's marketing, which is what I have to do to sell my book. Thanks to anyone who gives me help or has already liked it! I really appreciate your support. :D

If you're not on FB, don't worry about it. I'm just trying to drum up likes because I'm curious about what more I can see when I get enough--and because likes = exposure for the thing liked. But I don't want people making FB accounts unless they want to make them.

Archived