Mutants & Masterminds:Interest Check - M&M based sentient artifact game

Stargaizer

In chat, earlier today, I was reminded of one of the first ever PbP games that I ever joined. It was on a form that no longer exists anymore, and was created by someone I think was a game genius. The basic premise of the game that he created was, picture a valiant hero on the top of a hill, sword held over his head, then imagine that the it was the sword that actually had a destiny instead of the person holding it. (the article written by this genius is attached at the end of this post, all credit for the original idea goes to him, as well as the character creation rules for the exalted weapons).

This was originally created for the Exalted system. If I were to run it, it would probably be M&M or W&W (Warriors & Warlocks), as that is the system, that I have any experience with, that I see as best fitting this idea.

I have several questions that I pose here:

1: Would anybody be interested in playing a sentient Warehouse 13-esque artifact? (Abyss already indicated that she would be interested in chat)

2: If you are interested, what would be your preferred setting, Fantasy (high, low, etc), Modern (Present day, Recent history (a la Indiana Jones), or Near Future), Historical Fiction (Greeks/Romans, Medieval, Elizabethan, Steampunk), or Future (Far future, high tech, space).

Abyss expressed interest in a modern setting.

3: What type of game would you like? Action, adventure, noir, political, etc.

I am posing these questions to see if there is enough solid interest for me to devote the time to creating this. If this inspires someone else, and you would like to run it, you have my blessings. If someone would like to do this with Exalted, I already have a character sheet and backstory ready. Otherwise, we'll see.

Divine Instruments.doc

Archived