Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 7: End of Term [complete]

Justin OOC

Mystel got a slight chill as she too felt the presnece, she didn't know hwo or what was making her feel this way, but it wasn't anything pleasent, what made her worry even more was Yuuki snap out of her trance just at the pressure of whatever this obstacle was. "What is this?" Mystel asked herself as her eyes scanned the forest walls when the dryad told her to go out and seek help, which meant that was bad. She didn't want to leave the other alone, or be alone herself but she knew that thhe faster the shapechanger got away from there the better.

Nodding the pink haired girl took off running toward the school on the path they had came from, ready to fight with a small blade now protruding from her skin that could stretch and morph at any moment for a sneak attack, although she wish she could do more, like match the molecular excited state of a mass of fire and burn whatever was with them to the ground along with the fear in her heart.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delilah's fine jaw jutted stubbornly, hardly accepting the Storm Dragon's weak-ass apology, but Kyohei was so weak and tired in her arms. As much as she wanted to her a new one for what Kana had done to Kyohei, and what she was doing to her friends, with the students going nuts, there was no place she felt she could leave Kyohei in safety.

With a sexy, frustrated growl, Delilah flew in close to Kyra, holding Kyohei awkwardly in one arm as she reached and placed a soft hand on Kyra's scales. Gentle, soothing warmth flowed into the young dragoness, burned flesh knitting, cracked scales reforming.

"Sorry, Kyra, that's all I can do right now, I need to get Kyo safe," the young succubus apologized, not liking abandoning her friend either. Her livid gaze snapped back to Kana. "This isn't over!"

Delilah and Kyohei were wreathed in flames and disappeared with sudden scent of sulfur and brimstone. Bringing Kyohei back to either his or her own dorm-room didn't seem like a great idea - that would just be bringing them closer to more monsters who might not be as interested in fucking as she was. But during their amorous adventurers, they had found other secluded spots around campus.

A balls of coruscating crimson and gold flame coalesced in a small clearing deep in the woods, leaving behind Delilah and Kyohei as it dispersed. Delilah immediately noticed the odd chill, though it didn't seem to trouble her despite the thin, white, wet dress plastered to her dramatic curves. She could also taste the emotions of those in close proximity; one she knew, one she didn't, and one that tasted very weird.

Glowing purple eyes growing wide, Delilah glanced at the woman - a year or two older than herself she looked, the taste of her emotions very odd - then looked over her shoulder to find Yuuki standing and a pink-haired girl vanishing into the woods as she fled.

"Yuuki?! What the Heavens is going on?"

Actions
Action 1: Flew down to Kyra and Healed her (+70 hp)

Action 2: Teleport... to what she thought was a nice and empty clearing. ;)

Deliah received a mostly prefunctory nod of acknowledgement from the pale, tense Dryad, although the fact she had Kyohei in her arms brought a flash of irritation to her gaze. Her charge, her... something more... here and in no condition to fight with a Shinigami to deal with. It was enough to make her scowl if she wasn't focused on the much larger mystery and problem at hand. She wouldn't have been guided here if the solution wasn't here. Words first. Violence later.

"I... I am trying to figure out what a Shinigami is doing on campus in the middle of this plague so I can go home," she offered with a gesture at the strange girl, "She says she isn't here to hurt us, but after... last time... I'm sorry. My name is Hina Yuuki of the Hina Clan. These are my friends, Deliah-Sempai and Kyohei-Kun. What is your name, and what are you doing here, Shinigami-Sama?"

There was an all-too-obviously brittle quality to her normally easy civility, fight-or-flight response roiling through her thoughts.

Before Mystel had gotten too far she noticed the light tones of speaking between Yuuki and Delilah, promting the shapechanger to turn around making her long pink hair do a whip-lash type movment from her back and across her chest. "Something strange is here!" Mystel called out to the succubuss as she reached her side deciding that this other girl although annoying as it was that she arrived just as she left, could help with whatever was going on with the Shinigami. The virual tainted woman was warey of the presnece since looking at the dryad she seemed more calm despite what was happening.

"Who is she talking to?" Mystel asked Delilah since her eyes were closed out of a fear instinct not seeing said Shinigami even if it ha a visable form.

She frowned and nearly stomped her foot in a fit of annoyance, but at Aria's unsociability and Kiba's instant acceptance of it. Instead she pouted and stuck her tongue out at the door, then took Kiba's tail for a guide again, muttering, "Spoilsport."

She shivered at Kiba's comment about Eri's last event, at the school. She got more than enough ice at home, she's hardly needed it following her to the academy. "If she does, I'm not inviting her to my next party, and I'm going back to Resak's room and crawling under all the covers and hides and furs I can find - and making Resak come back to keep me warm."

She pouted again and idly ran her fingers through Kiba's fur. "Why doesn't Aria want to come hang out with us? It's way better than being bored in your dorm room. Do you think she was afraid of us?"

Kana hadn't counted on the Warlock's staff, and the negation ability that nearly got him killed. "Oh fine I can live without magic." The attack that would have put down her compatriots actually fizzled before striking them, and anyone.

She looked at Resak. "I really have no quarrel with you, If you wish to allow this little duel between dragons continue, and withdraw, I will not prevent it, or think your honor tarnished."

She looked at Darrik. "You on the other hand, have this final chance to withdraw, or I will show you no mercy, Magicless warlock."

-------------------

Kiba shook his head. "She's not affraid of us, but for us."

He led them through the dorm, where some very suggestive sounds were coming from. He growled. "Think of what she is, and what their more base instincts are. Intelligent as she is, nature, and instinct are sometimes very hard to handle."

He led them up a few floors, and growled, as a trio of succubi came around the corner. "Oh look new playmates...." The three cheerleaders were all totally nude, beautiful but not on the level of Aderyn or Delilah or Jezebel.

"That's a cute little vampire.. We can take turns seeing who has a sweeter kiss..." the blonde one said looking at Haruhi. The brunette looked at Aderyn and smiled. "I've heard the singing voice is even better when driven by the throes of true passion. Care to test it, Aderyn?"

The final one The redhead, looked to Kiba, actually reaching out fearlessly to stroke his muzzle. "I wouldn't mind submitting to you, you are the school's Alpha wolf aren't you?"

--------------------------------------

In the forest the shinigami looked at the three girls and Kyohei and smiled. "I am Aki Sorayumi. I came here to take possession of the Sealed Shinigami that is under the care of Headmaster-sama. He is nowhere to be found, and I was infected with this accursed virus, Forcing me to return to my original form."

She sighed. "I can't leave, even though the barrier holds me not. I don't dare spread this plague beyond the school."

She looked to Delilah. "I see your Mate of Fate's been badly injured. Got between two dragons after six hours of fighting. Poor boy, he should know better, given his identity."

She reached out to stroke his face, and nothing happened. "he's immune."

Resak had already flinched back from the attack when the magic was sucked into the Darrik’s staff. Even as the Nibelung took notes on this interesting new ability of his roommate’s, he was focusing on Kana. As her words, he grabbed his roommate’s arm. “I appreciate that. I care not for the differences of dragons; it sounds like you ladies need to work these things out, anyway.” He took a step backwards, then another, and thankfully Darrik didn’t fight him.

Didn’t Darrik once tell him Kyra was a friend? Resak wasn’t sure he was remembering that right, but he also wasn’t going to say anything about it. “I’m done, Darrik. I’m going back to my room and checking on Aderyn and that vampire, cracking any skulls that need to be cracked in relation to that mess, then going to bed.” Yellow-orange eyes peered at Darrik coyly. “You wanna go to the girl’s dorm and find Jezebel? No point in not, and I’m sure she’s ready for some cock. I know I’m ready to put my cock in a warm hole for a few hours.”

Darrik was relieved at his being able to deal with Kana so far, but reluctant as he was to abandon Kyra, not much real choice there. "Sorry Kyra. Not much I can do." All he could do was hope she didn't become a smear due to her sister.

He finally took a step back, and turned to Resak. His crude words put an interesting perspective on things. "I suppose. Best I keep her occupied and not wandering around like she was before."

Haruhi tried to force back a giggle as he relaxed, at hearing how childish Adryen was acting, she seemed to be more youthful than she appeared and hearing that she threw parties made him imagine a totally different side, a more party boy/girl side that clashed with the personality. "Can we go now?" He asked as they finally got moving again and truged up the stairs where the sexual noises started to fighten the boy, he was afraid of running into trouble. Just on que the pale youth turned to see the three succubi naked, and acting like lavacoius whores.

"Please leave me alone!" Haruhi let out a cry looking at the blond's hands and legs to watch for any movement, and if he saw anything he would try to use whatever telekintic powers of his remaining to knock her off her feet and if permitting he might just throw her out the window since he could lift much larger using his powers. Even though he couldn't project his force field anymore he might have little control over his abilities and that's all the meek vampire hoped for.

Aderyn lifted her chin and stepped in front of Haruhi. "Resak's still deciding on him, and you three know I don't play without his permission. And involvement." She glanced at Kiba, making it clear that she wasn't speaking for the werewolf. "You're all very attractive and you know it. Either go find Resak - and he's outside somewhere - or let us pass."

It was another lightening-quick change in the songbird, an add sort of pride that she took in belonging to the Nibelung prince. Kiba could smell her attraction to the succubi; she wasn't bluffing. If they went and tracked down 'her' Nibelung, she'd willingly spend the rest of the day in bedroom gymnastics with the demons. But he wasn't here right now, and that gave her the strength to resist. And stake at least a bit of a claim on Haruhi in her Verndarin's name.

"Kiba? Are we going to find Eri, or should Haruhi and I go back to the boy's dorm?" The question was asked as neutrally as possible. Kiba was a powerful yokai and if he decided to indulge, the songbird knew better than to contradict him - well, to try. On the other hand, they were over here because Kiba offered his protection to them while he checked on his friends.

Kiba snarled. "You know I don't sleep with Demons, not even you succubi." They recoiled as if slapped. "Kiba..."

"Stand aside ladies, or you will NOT enjoy what follows." Surprisingly, the succubi yielded passage to them, A look of fear and no small amount of respect. He nodded as they walked past. "Later, when you're all feeling better, and yourselves, we Might talk." That promise was enough to tantalize them and they watched as the trio moved on.

He sighed once a floor up. "Honestly, is everyone run by those hormones around here? I'm a mostly feral werewolf and I've got more self control..."

He looked to Anderyn and Haruhi, and sniffed loudly.... "Heh."

Haruhi was still shaking a little and quickly latched onto Adryen for suppourt, he clasped the song bird's arm before looking up at Kiba. "Thank y-you." The pale youth whispered, while holding back tears of joy and fear. He had to admit that looking at himself from another's point of view he looked pretty pathetic.

The vampiric youth was a little more skiddish now than before, since the succubi had broken his relaxed state of mind, making him belieive another danger was around every single corner.

“Want me to walk with you over there?” Even as Resak asked Darrik the question, his eyes darted to the boy’s dorm, clearly eager to get back to his toys, especially if Darrik wasn’t going to be in the room.

“Nah, I’m fine. You go find what you’re looking for.” Darrik smirked knowingly, waving for the big guy to head back to the room.

“Cool. Later!” Turning, Resak walked briskly to the building; he didn’t need to be told twice. He pushed through the door, snarling at the troll who immediately thought better of demanding a toll. Aderyn was waiting, and maybe that little vampire, too, and Resak felt his lust begin to burn as he bounced up the stairs. All during the fights, he’d kept his mind on the fighting and not on what waited in his room; now he was free to let his brain tarry over those thoughts.

By the time he opened his door, he was about to rip through the front of his pants. He actually had his fingers on the button of the uniform pants when he realized he was alone in his room. “Fire-fucker!” he snarled, seeing their clothing on the floor. The bed was rumpled too.

“They left!” Flicker’s little voice piped up from behind a stack of books.

“Where. Did. They. Go?” Resak ground out.

“They left with Kiba!”

The werewolf alpha? “With?” Resak asked. “Or did he take them?”

Normally, the Nibelung would have never given the imp an opening like that. “I don’t know,” Flicker said, hiding his glee at the chance to mess with a big person. “They were in the hall and I heard them talking and then they were gone!”

Normally, the goblin-prince would have noticed that Flicker hadn’t mentioned the removal of clothing, but that was missed by the prince in his agitated state. Resak snarled and left the room, leaving Flicker behind giggling to himself at the stupidity of non-imps. In the hall, the Nibelung knelt and sniffed the floor, the smells verifying Flicker’s account. Growling, Resak trotted down the hall and headed outside, tracking down his songbird. Kiba had better not taken them, or Resak would have a new white coat as a gift for Aderyn.

In the forest the shinigami looked at the three girls and Kyohei and smiled. "I am Aki Sorayumi. I came here to take possession of the Sealed Shinigami that is under the care of Headmaster-sama. He is nowhere to be found, and I was infected with this accursed virus, Forcing me to return to my original form."

She sighed. "I can't leave, even though the barrier holds me not. I don't dare spread this plague beyond the school."

She looked to Delilah. "I see your Mate of Fate's been badly injured. Got between two dragons after six hours of fighting. Poor boy, he should know better, given his identity."

She reached out to stroke his face, and nothing happened. "he's immune."

"Yes. He is," deadpanned the young dryad, hugging herself to hold back a chill both literal and metaphorical, "But aparently not for the reason I thought he was if you were infected and... depowered, Aki-Sama."

"But *who exactly* can't you find? If it's the Headmaster, dangerous enough, but if the sealed shinigami is loose in all this chaos..," Yuuki continued, biting her lip as she argued herself out of attempting to subdue and disect Sorayumi for the secret of her ability to bypass the shield so she could go home to her tree. Too difficult a task to get away with with so many witnesses around.

Kiba looked at Haruhi. "Kid, you are the son of the Vampire lord. Act like it. You're hiding behind a damn Songbird, A monster long known for having no combat prowess, and nearly hunted to extinction."

He snorted. "Vampires are some of the more powerful monsters, and most feared. Right now, I'd wager if not for me, you'd be succubus food." H growled as he continued on. "I don't mean this to be mean, Haruhi, but you're embarrassing yourself, your family, your whole race. You'd be fodder for a Yokai hunter."

His words were harsh, but rang very true. "Now maybe you're secretly some badass, but right now I am not seeing it. Get your shit together, or once you are no longer in my company, be prepared, because there's not a whole lot of monsters who wouldn't take advantage of a weak, mewling noble Vampire."

-----------------------

"He's immune because of what he is." She shrugged. "If the rogue Shinigami was free I'd wager we'd be dead. Before I lost my powers, I was the only shingami here."

She looked at Yuuki carefully. "I never thought I'd see a dryad so predatory as you."

Resak was almost ready to kill when he stormed into the girl’s dorm. His white hair bristled slightly; it wasn’t like a pelt that stood straight up, but he was able to flare it slightly when he was agitated—and the Nibelung prince was very agitated. The surest way to make a Nibelung angry was to take something he possessed, and there was nothing Resak treasured more than his songbird. By the time he’d reached the dorm, he was half-convinced that Kiba had stolen his Aderyn.

The succubae were still at the corner of the first floor stairs. Resak’s eyes narrowed when he saw them. Their beauty called to him and made his lust sing like the Endless Ice. But his possession was possessed by another, and he shouldered past the woman. One moved to stop him, her claws holding his shoulder a bit too tightly, drawing blood. With a roar, Resak slapped the hand away and smashed her into the wall. The succubus considered mentioning that she liked it rough, but instead prudence won out and she slumped to the floor, passive.

He stormed up the stairs, aware that he’d given away his advantage. The pounding blood in his veins didn’t care about advantages or surprise attacks. It wanted to see a scarlet spray of blood fill the air. The smell of his blood was thick in the air; he wanted his enemy’s blood to join it.

In the hallway, he saw the bulk of the werewolf’s body, with his back to them. Beside Kiba was the vampire and Aderyn, but seeing his songbird safe didn’t diminish his blood rage that easily. “Aderyn,” he called, but it wasn’t his normal voice; it was the rasp of impending outrage.

The three of them turned; Kiba saw him and his golden eyes narrowed. The alpha wolf wasn’t meaning to be aggressive but he couldn’t fail to answer the silent challenge in Resak’s eyes. An alpha is as much a protector as a Nibelung and both males were starting to see the other as a threat. Kiba squared his stance, violence in his eyes as he lowered his head and released a soft, rumbling snarl.

Resak’s answer was a bellow in rage. In Nibelung, he cried, “Return my varin to me, or I’ll melt the snows with your blood and give your body to the Endless Ice!”

"He's immune because of what he is." She shrugged. "If the rogue Shinigami was free I'd wager we'd be dead. Before I lost my powers, I was the only shingami here."

She looked at Yuuki carefully. "I never thought I'd see a dryad so predatory as you."

The young Dryad went very still, glowing eyes searching the shinigami's face for sign of how deeply she was being read before she drew herself up to her full, not quite that impressive, height, the scent of sakura wafting off her. "I need to protect my tree, Aki-Sama," she retorted as if that justified anything and everything that might need doing, polite mask cracking to reveal the desperation beneath, "May I, we... depend on your help in finding a cure to this illness so that you may return to your duties and we to ours?"

There had to be a reason she was led here. Had to be. And hopefully it was a cure, although a potential means to breach the barrier so close at hand burned a close second in her desires.

Aderyn went completely pale and still at Resak's rage; instincts and the years before the Academy freezing her in fear as her Nibelung bellowed at the most powerful werewolf and athlete in the school. The snap back to those days quickly propelled her forward, though, as she had been his verndarin then; she sprinted between the two males and threw herself against Resak, her slight weight making far less of an impact than the sudden heat against his chest and smell of her surrounding him.

She hadn't let go of Haruhi's hand, or tried to shake him off her arm at all when she sprinted, so the hapless young vampire was pulled along with the songbird and pulled against the larger goblin prince as Aderyn tried to both protect Resak from Kiba and reassure him that she was fine at the same time.

"Kiba was going to check on Aria and Eri and I - uh, we, were bored, so we went with him." She looked up at Resak, her best 'innocent and totally-at-your-mercy' wide-eyed expression on. It didn't hold a candle to the same kind of looks she'd seen from Haruhi since she'd met him just six or seven hours ago, but that was probably because his were far more genuine.

His possession running to him freely and Kiba allowing it made Resak a touch calmer. “I said to stay in the room. I didn’t know where you were.” In those words were the fear that had driven him to such extremes. His fists unclenched and wrapped around her shoulders; compared to her delicate frame, his hands engulfed her upper arms. Breathing in her scent helped, too.

Resak had relaxed enough, and it was clear he wasn’t going to hurt either of the smaller monsters currently pressed against him, that Kiba started to relax too. “Are you done with Kiba?” Resak asked his songbird, though he didn’t take his eyes off of the werewolf.

Aderyn peered up a him with her innocent and helpless expression. “Yes. We were just doing something besides waiting forever in the room.”

A ghost of a smile touched Resak’s lips. “Alpha Kiba, thank you for entertaining my songbird and her friend.”

“You’re welcome,” Kiba murmured, his ruff slowly lowering.

With that, Resak scooped Aderyn up and tossed her gently over his shoulder. Her hand was pulled from the vampire’s by the maneuver, and Resak didn’t seem to notice as he turned and headed for the stairs. Already, his thoughts were flashing forward to getting to his room - and what would happen there.

Haruhi was relieved to be safe but when the bomb dropped about his character being a smudge on his family and racial name, his eyes widened. Looking down the pale boy's eyes grew with tears as the visions of his father cool, calm, and confident flashed through his eyes. His uncle cold, synical, unphased, and his cousin she was devious, cunning, and ruthless. They were everything a vampire could be except for him, he was the black sheep of the family...

The young vampire was deep in thought saying nothing, it was obviouse that he was deeply affected by what the werewolf had just said, normally he ignored his true nature but it was just so obvious to others. Looking up he heard Resak and the commotion he made over Adryen raising the confusion again as to what they were from the lovers they seemed to be, or the whatever they that she claimed they were. It wasn't until the youth was pulled foreward and toward the hulking Nibelung that he was brought out of his thoughts.

"Wha?!" Haruhi cried out before landing in close to the chest of the towering male making him blush before pulling away, feeling the hand break away when the songbird was thrown up and over the shoulders, making him look sport of like a rag doll.

"Seems like Yuke is talking with a Shinigami - a sort of Grim Reaper-like thing," the busty beauty murmured softly to Mystel. Full lips curved wryly as she appraised the other girl. "At least this one is prettier and more friendly than the last one."

Delilah held Kyohei protectively in her slender arms as she regarded Aki with a curious tilt to her head, her wealth of burgundy hair trailing gently over Kyohei's face. "And what he is my Mate of Fate," she informed the Shinigami in a proud tone. "What do you claim he is, since you seem to know so much?"

The high-spiried succubus cut a covert glance at Yuuki, her purple eyes narrowing slightly, luscious lips firming into a straight line. She could taste the odd welter of emotions rolling off the Dryad, growing a touch wary and maybe a bit angry. Not on Kyohei's part of course - she loved him and trusted him implicitly - but on the part of the other girl. After all, Yuuki wasn't a Cheerleader and bound by the Cheerleader's Code not to poach another Cheerleader's Mate.

Better watch it, Yuke. Kyohei is mine! Plants that get in the way get burned!

Mystel heard that this was the said shinigami and decided if no one else was negatively affected by watching or looking at the creature. As her eyes were now uncovered the shape changer could obviousely see it was just a normal looking girl, despite the obvious off-putting pressure of danger this girl had, she looked non-threatening. The pink haired girl really felt the urge to talk and gain more information from this Aki girl, but she inwardly knew this was not her place.

"There is a captured Shinigami here?" Mystel asked in a low whisper to Delilah, feeling like the akward third wheel despite there being four all together rather than three, however the diffrence was the number, the concept was the same.

Kiba snorted. "Good lord some of these kids are so protective. It's like they think a person can own another." He continued on alone now. leaving the others to go with their "master"

----------

Aki nodded. "I am here to help, and though I cannot discharge the nature of my other duties, I can say that yes there is still a rogue shinigami sealed here, and I need to remove him, to our custody."

"Kyohei is a human, a very special one, as you can tell. He is from the right bloodline, and carries the potential to become a Shinigami himself, a powerful S-class, capable of reaping all things. There's only a handful of those in the record. His development is of great interest to the Yokai and Celestial courts, as well as We Shinigami."

She smiled. "He has much potential, as each of you do. I have been watching over you all in my own way, since the incident. It was never my intent to meet you."

She looked to Yuuki. "I know that many of the others are gathering with your Teacher, Miss Nekomone, and that the Ravenwitch is there, though her powers are gone now. Perhaps with the lore at her disposal, we can find some cure to this, without removing things people need."

For Darrik, finding Jezebel turned out to be rather easy. Given her lustful state, it was little more than following the trail of dazed, orgasmic, blissful girls once he got started. Granted, other succubi tried to make passes, but Darrik ignored them as if they were really there.

He was getting aroused, impatiently from the signs of his lover's prowess before Darrik finally found her. A purring hengeyokai was thrashing about on some pillows while Jezebel was servicing her quite voraciously. "Looks like fun." Darrik commented, raising an eyebrow.

"Is there a wait time?"

Aderyn giggled, her mind completely blanked to the past however long as Resak scooped her up. She knew that scoop, and it involved little to no clothing and a guaranteed few hours (at least) of entertainment. And that sounded fun right now. Really really fun.

When Resak turned around, though, she caught sight of Haruhi and other thoughts managed to push their way past the forming haze of lust. "Resak," she purred in her Verndarin's ear, "we have a guest, remember? We don't want to be rude." Her tone made it clear that she wasn't talking about a change in plans, just an.....addition.

Aki nodded. "I am here to help, and though I cannot discharge the nature of my other duties, I can say that yes there is still a rogue shinigami sealed here, and I need to remove him, to our custody."

"Kyohei is a human, a very special one, as you can tell. He is from the right bloodline, and carries the potential to become a Shinigami himself, a powerful S-class, capable of reaping all things. There's only a handful of those in the record. His development is of great interest to the Yokai and Celestial courts, as well as We Shinigami."

She smiled. "He has much potential, as each of you do. I have been watching over you all in my own way, since the incident. It was never my intent to meet you."

She looked to Yuuki. "I know that many of the others are gathering with your Teacher, Miss Nekomone, and that the Ravenwitch is there, though her powers are gone now. Perhaps with the lore at her disposal, we can find some cure to this, without removing things people need."

"I've asked for nothing that I wouldn't ask and give of myself, Akki-Sama," rebutted Yuuki darkly, eyes narrowed to glowing slits at the perceived insult, "Progress demands sacrifice. But, yes. I've done everything I can on my own for now..."

She looked away to Deliah and Kyohei, jealousy and concern dancing in her eyes in turn before taking a deep breath, "But... Yes. We should go. To the solve the problem as soon as possible. If that pleases everyone."

"There is a captured Shinigami here?" Mystel asked in a low whisper.

"Yeah, yeah, something like that - it's very confusing and creepy," Delilah said distractedly. "There was a vamp stealing underwear and then it showed up, wearing a creepy mask and killed him. Then stuff got weirder. I don't know all the details."

Delilah looked down at Kyohei with fierce tenderness as Aki explained what he was. She had known he was special, but hadn't expected this. It could have drastic consequences with him being her Mate of Fate, but oddly, her feelings for him didn't change in the slightest. He was hers and she was his, and that was all that mattered. For now, she would keep him safe.

"That's fine, Yuuki, Aki," the succubus agreed coolly, tasting Yuuki's jealousy. "I need to find someplace safe for Kyo while he recovers anyway. Let's go."

Mystel felt a bit over-whelmed, it didn't help that she could hardly think with all the heat from this virus coursing through her body making the skin of the woman percilate with small beads of sweat. She was quite surprised to find out that Kyohei was a human being, which explained why he remained unaffected by anything this disease did to wreack havoc amogest the student body. It wasn't until sheheard that a vampire had been stealing underwear that she was unnerved.

"What?! You mean people do that here?" She asked acting more surprised and shocked by the lesser crime of a panty raid happening, than the fact someone was slaughtered by the shinigami, but that was mostly because she was excited by the perversion of the male species of monster, it was weird but the shape-changer found selfish lustful desires to be quite attractive qualities.

Jezebel's tail snaked out wrapping around Darrik's wrist. "No, join in, she won't mind, neither of them will." He felt another set of hands, revealing a veritable twin of the yowling and thrashing nekojin beneath Jezebel, nude save her fine fur, looking like a humanoid siamese cat. "No, we certainly won't.."

----------------

Aki looked at Mystel, and nodded. "Some men are just perverts." She pointed at Kyohei. "He is not." She led the way to the Faculty dorms, clearly she'd gone this way before. The storms had died down now. Whatever was going on between Kyra and Kana was over now, and it was just cold and wet now.

The knock at the door surprised everyone inside, causing Shizuka to shift, and with great control, she answered. "Who is it?"

"I brought four students, Zuka." Inside Katrina and Skye saw eyes as big as their heads narrow. "Oh no."

"Relax, Zuka, I'm infected too, for the duration. We all are."

Shizuka looked about to panic. "One of the students is Kyohei Zuka."

"Rubi, get the door, get them in here fast before the scent him, and if you have any regrets in life, make peace with your higher power."

Rubi had already set the tome down, and reached the door, before the final warning, opening it, "Come on in fast.."

Delilah flashed Mystel a sweet, wry smile and shrugged. "Well, y'know, monsters come here to learn how to act in the Human World." She rolled expressive, purple eyes. "Somehow, they seem to think that's how boys act in high school." A husky chuckle escaped her luscious lips. "Some even do."

Arching a wry brow at the dramatic exclamation from the other side of the door, but jaw tight with tension, Delilah slipped through the door as Rubi ushered them in. Her feathered wings brushed the sides of the door frame, her tail twitched with agitation, and she made an near inaudible gasp at the sight of Shizuka - she had known she was here by her emotions, but hadn't ever seen her as such a huge cat.

"Uh, hi guys!" the young succubus chirped with most of her habitual enthusiasm at the others there. She shrugged, hefting Kyohei in her arms. "Kyo is, like, totally exhausted. Is there some place he can lay down?"

"Beside me is fine, Delilah," Shizuka assured the over-endowed sophomore in a feline, yet feminine, rumble.

"'Kay."

Delilah settled Kyohei down between the warm and furry form of their Homeroom Teacher and the mound of tomes Rubi was perusing. She sat down, Kyohei pulled across her lap, his head pillowed on her heaving and heavenly chest, a wing laid gently over him. The look on her ravishing face was young and tender and loving, the spade-tip of her tail caressing his cheek. But to anyone who knew succubi, they could see the hungry, seductive glow in her eyes as well.

"Does anyone know how this virus started or have any idea how to stop it?"

The young dragon followed her nose, following Kyohei, and Delilah's scent, somewhat more subdued then she had been before, the battle between her and her sister had ended predictably enough in her defeat, her sister was older and more powerful then she was. If both of them hadn't been driven so deep into their instincts by this infection, they likely would have either put the matter off for a while longer, at least until this particular plague was dealt with.

Her sister had healed her before flying off once more, leaving the younger dragon wondering if the infection was infecting one of them less then the other, and hoping for a chance for a rematch when she got a bit older. In the meantime, she followed her friends, to seek them out and see how she could protect and help them..

Which brought her to the door and a thump from her tail to knock on it and let the others know she was there.

"Kyohei-Kun is immune to it entirely, with no trace of the disease in his tissue where even Aki-Sama as a Shinigami was infected and depowered. I was able to find that much on my own," chimed in Yuuki, adding the scent of sakura petals to the cramped apartment, green eyes sliding over the research materials, tone distracted, "If we could discover the means of his immunity and apply to the entire student body, then we could bring down the barrier and put all this behind us. Move on with our lives."

The knock was ignored, unimportant to the fundamental task at hand: Getting the young Dryad back to her tree as soon as possible by breaching the barrier or bringing down.

"Unless all of you have found anything useful?" she added with difficulty, reminding herself that appearing completely self-absorbed would lose her valuable allies here.

Hearing that men were perverts, was common knowledge, but it sort of disappointed the shapechanger to know that Kyohei wasn't one of those perves that do things with girl's underwear, just because in the back of her mind the human was attractive enough that she wouldn't mind if he was sifting throughh her drawer full of unmentionables. Pushing her own desires for lewd and inapporpriate fantasies aside, Mystel focused on the growing group of people now immersed in the virus talk

"This virus...What if it mutates?" She asked chiming in since it was common knowlege that like the flu a vaccine or immunity formula can be ineffective if the disease was to as well change to bypass that problem. "Shouldn't we find the root of infection?" She asked implying that if the original carrier is left untreated it could spread again and change, thhus screwing everyone, who knows what it might be capable of if it were to go through the proper changes.

Once again Rubi opened the door, looking at the young dragoness. "Okay, come in Kyra, but you're gonna have to lay down the hallway, it's really crammed in here already."

She showed her where to lay, and she of course passed where Delilah sat with Kyohei asleep in her lap, still recovering after an afternoon of reining in students, and taking a powerful lightning bolt meant for Kyra herself.

She relocked the doors, and nodded. "Now, The means of his immunity are simple. He's human, having no special powers a human cannot attain through training. He may have certain potentials, but as of yet he is still human. That's something that in this room only I can claim. We Witches and Warlocks have the power of true magic, which one must be born with, both a talent, and connection. It can only be inherited. Take it away, and yes we are human."

She sighed. The problem so far is that I have only been able to find obscure references to this sort of plague, in all the time I've read. No mention of a cure. Though in the fifteen hundreds, it hit a population of hengeyokai, and after three days it began to die out."

"That was the only case so far I've read of it going that way. Mostly when this has occurred in the past it ended with the Yokai infected all being slaughtered by hunters. both human, and celestial."

"The barrier cannot be brought down Yuki, except by four monster lords working together, or the headmaster himself. Even my magics, if I had them, and could use the mana of the entire school, could not bring down the barrier. I think you should prepare for that eventuality simply not occurring."

Aki looked at her. "We cannot let others be infected, even it means we must all remain here."

"I think then that everyone who can hold a book and read should then. There's still a large amount of books we've not looked at, some are instructor level and up, but right now, it doesn't matter. Grab a book and start reading, looking for anything that might help."

(those who wish, can make a mind +occult roll and read a book. It will take 2 hours per roll, to find something that may help. I will let you know of your success after the rolling is done)

"I'm not really good at this Mojo stuff, but I'll try."

Katrina starts reading through the pile of dusty tomes. Luckily she was getting help with the stickier portions of the research with some of the others. "Wait..."

And the mind roll...
[Kamiko] 1:12 pm: Now for MA.

[Kamiko] 1:13 pm: Looks like now I get to make a naked mind roll.

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+5: 17

[Kamiko] 1:14 pm: !

[Kamiko] 1:14 pm: Did I.... just...

[Long6] 1:15 pm: I knew it would happen

Maybe Katrina was cut out for this after all!

"I... guess..." Delilah muttered uncertainly, nose scrunching up and lips pouting petulantly.

Reading was hardly an activity the teen succubus enjoyed or sought out at the best of times, unless is was a fashion magazine or a Playboy. At the moment, she was even less enthused, far more inclined to ravishing her boyfriend and the girls in the room with her (except for Yuuki - she tasted too much of trying to steal Kyohei away from her, the bitch!).

Her tail teasing down Kyohei's flank, her glowing eyes roved hungrily over Skye and Mystel, even the currently powerless Aki before picking out a book at random from the pile next to her. Holding the book awkwardly at her side due to her expansive bustline and Kyohei on her lap, Delilah began to idly leaf through the pages.

Mind + Occult Roll

Mystel watched the others, with a jealousy in her eyes since it was obviouse she herself really had no place other than to take up space. The succubus was tending to her mate, Katrina had a place doing some research on the mystical aspect of the outbreak, everyone seemed to have a place unlike herself.

"I'm going to go take a walk." The shapechanger sighed as she then began to make her way through what space she could find in the crowded room. It wasn't that she didn't feel like she didn't belong, its just she didn't see a point in her being there, even the Shinigami though powerless hhad a place, and she wasn't even technically an accepted part of society.

Shinigami or no, indicated solution to the current problem or no, Aki earned herself a lantern-glow glare from the Dryad, the impulse to storm out of the room, gather her kin, and work to bring down the field strong and tempting. A treeroot would crack bedrock if it was between it and water, and to presume she and hers couldn't do the same to protect their trees..?! Her tree needed her, and the rest of the Yokai World could rot for all she cared right now.

Still, the most... likely means of success was getting the monster lords to lower the barrier by curing the plague, and if she played along with their pointless academic research, maybe she could steer them back to applied experiments. Kyohei's immunity had to be the key, extract the difference between his mystic skills and a warlock's innate magic to get a roothold...

She'd bide her time and see what these tomes had to offer. For now.

[envoy] 11:30 am: okay. rolling mind plus occult.

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+10: 14

[envoy] 11:31 am: meh.

Rubi looked at Mystel. "I wouldn't leave, you might get eaten All faculty members here are free to roam the halls. Some are quite predatory monsters. With our human masks we can resist natural impulses. Without it, not so much. As such, those deemed a potential threat are marked, and cannot leave the building. The only caveat is they must be invited into a room. So you're safe here, but the halls are another matter."

Delilah and yuuki found nothing but more accounts of the plague hitting, from all over the world. It was Katrina who found the first hint for a cure. There'd been an outbreak in Japan eight hundred years before, and it ended only when the original infected yokai drank the willingly offered blood of a human mon in an elaborate ritual. The human was pure of heart, a man beloved by the people. At dawn on the fourth day, the yokai woke in their human masks, their ability to maintain them restored. Sadly the text did not detail the ritual.

Mystel immideately stopped and looked at Rubi and nodded, since without all her power it would be troublesome for any kind of self-defense to be applied. "Sorry, but I just didn't feel like dead weight." She admitted since it would kinda be akward sitting there doing nothing wile everyone was doing something productive toward the situation.

She could practically feel the vibrations in the floor from the rampage going on around the halls of the school, and the floors above and below, it was unsettling to say the least.

Archived