Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 7: End of Term [complete]

Justin OOC

Serena wasn't in the room. Indeed, her emotions weren't coming from the dorm at all. Only Kuro's came from the room, still very much a cat. Still Delilah had a nigh-endless supply of female partners, all within the dorm, of all types, and few could stand against a full succubus' power.

In the classroom Miss Sairenji nodded. "Very well, everyone you may pack up and return to your dorms."

Kyohei looked to Mystel and Yuuki. Well, I guess I'll be sleeping on the couch then."

Before he could go any farther, the door flew open, and a Nearly nude Jezebel entered, in her full succubus glory, obviously infected, and breathing hard. "Darrik.." her voice was husky and demanding...clearly she had only one thing on her mind.

Before she could move to far in, a clawed hand clutched her tail, pulling her backwards with a painful yelp. Serena stood there, her large curved horns and wings revealing her true nature as well. Her slightly elongated fangs showed in her openmouthed scowl. "Dammit Jez, you probably just infected everyone here." She pulled back against the succubus, who was moving with singleminded attention to Darrik.

Seeing no alternative, the other senior Demon cocked her hand back, and pistoned it into the lust stricken succubus' cheek, knocking her out cold and folding her over her other arm. "Sorry everyone, get to your dorms quickly, it takes about twenty minutes to get going." She looked apologetic as she carried her out, and to the girls' dorm.

Kyohei sighed. "Oh, hell."

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darrik sighed quietly at the news. On one hand, he had to wonder how this happened, and who was responsible, and why, aside from obviously throwing the place into chaos. Already new people were yelping and he was certain things would get worse. But the really bad part?

Being a warlock stunk again now, since quite obviously, he would be unaffected by the virus, and could move around the school without worry. Meaning conscription into the emergency management brigade and dealing with all those out of control yokai would be his responsibility.

And then, in a super-sexy version of Murphy's Law, Jezebel appeared to make things worse. Darrik reflexively stepped back, even though his eyes were locked on his girlfriend. Three cheers for Serena saving him from ravishment and god knows what if it had created that dangerous 'succubus time.'

He crossed over to Kyohei, and shook his head. "You don't know the meaning of that word." Darrik whispered to his male friend. "Guess who will probably have to deal with keeping an eye on things?"

Mystel smiled at how much of a gentleman Kyohei seemed to be which she honestly found attractive in a man...It made her feel like she wouldnt totally hate him, that she could possibly be on good terms with him, especially considering his lack of pompass ass bloodlines...

Mystel then put her hand on his shoulder and gave him an actual non-forced smile..."I appreciate it...My back hurts when I sleep on sofas"...She said before she heard the loud Jazebelle burst in making her look up seeing the full monster form, she was an unearthly beauty that struck fear into her for some reason..."She's infected"...She whispered obviously thinking that for what other reason would she be in her true form when the the rules didnt permit it...

“Well.” Skye’s snorted word broke the class’s fear-filled silence. “That was a lovely show. I’m going to my room now.” As if to prove that Jez had infected everyone in the room, a classmate who sat two rows back from her suddenly lost his human form. His black hair faded to white; his purple eyes went yellow-orange and his skin became a gray-green color. He also no longer fit comfortably behind his desk; he was too wide for it now.

As the green-skinned oni cursed and struggled to get out of his desk without shattering it, Skye swept out of the room, truly annoyed. It wasn’t bad enough that there was this virus; now she had to put up with her classmates looking like the monsters that they were. She was just waiting for her wings to pop out and reveal her to everyone – only it didn’t happen. I’m not infected, she mused, sure that was important but not sure who to tell that to. Instead of heading for her room, she backtracked to the teacher’s lounge, looking for Kuro’s sister. She was the only faculty that Skye trusted.

Kyohei looked at him. "Yes Darrik, yes I do." the way he held his gaze implied he knew a whole lot more. "You won't be alone. I know Rubi will be fine if you are."

He looked at Kyra and shook his head. "I can't walk you back to your dorm, but you should get going. Either stay in there and I'll try to come see how you're doing later, or seek out Delilah or Serena, but be prepared Kyra."

To Mystel he nodded. "Come on then, let's get going and get you settled in, We've got twenty minutes at most." He looked to Yuuki and nodded. "Let's go." He stood up and waited for them before heading for the door..

"With all the craziness of people reverting to their natural forms it was surprisingly deserted when Skye found the faculty lounge, though she had found something interesting. Miss Nekomone's purse, which had her room number inscribed in the inside, incase it was lost... The room was in the faculty dorm, a place that was largely forbidden to students. Still carrying the teacher's purse, returning it to its owner, she'd be allowed in, wouldn't she?

Yuuki needed no further encouragement, having been quietly considering how quickly this could get bad even before the infected sucubus burst in and aparently infected her, too. Then things went to very, very bad as she considered what her first thought in the morning and last thought at night was. Tree, how would they get into their dorm room without fighting half the building? What about her Sisters? What about her and her duties?

Voluntarily shedding her Human Mask in preparation for a fight was reflexive, lips going bloodlessly pale as her glowing eyes darted from side to side as she almost-but-not quite ran for the Boy's dorm, trailing the scent of sakura blossoms behind her and hair green as high spring. *Anyone* who tried *anything* was going to get a faceful of foliage.

Hopefully the apperance of being actively infected would keep the sane ones away, buy them that much time to get to shelter before, if, she started losing control of herself.

Mystel could only watch in horror as people all reverted except herself being she lost her true form she would remain in her current form and her power would be limited because of natural genetic condtioning...However one of the majour drawbacks was not the loss of her powers it was that she was now in an instinct state, she could no longer hide behind her false happiness and was now looking completely and tottally broken...

"Al-Alright"...The now vulnrable Mystel whispered as she latched onto Kyohei like she was afraid if she wasn't going to hold onto something she would vanish...She was so confused right now the shape changing girl just didn't have the drive to keep her false self upfront...Its like the virus has made her give up in regular mental condtion...

Katrina sighed. "So I'll be in cat form..." Katrina frowned. "Fiiiiine... that and I get confined to my room like a prisoner... that's alot, dammit" she says to Jezebel.

"I'm going to make damn sure I leave murder presents for you for now on..."

She walks out her school materials in hand. "So much for training."

She makes her way to her dorm room, to start her sentence. Starting to wonder why whatever celestial being that still cared about her was letting her suffer like this.

Kyohei chuckled at Katrina's outburst. "That will be hilarious."

He turned to Mystel holding his arm tightly and gathered up his pack. With her he made a hasty retreat for the Dorm, having to stop twice to fend off several students already stricken with the virus, several oni,by his recollection. He made it to the dorm, unlocked it, and shoved Mystel inside gently, before pulling it closed behind him. The scent of sakura blossums was everywhere.

"Yuuki we're home. want me to make some Tea after I get Mystel situated?"

He smiled to Mystel and indicated the couch and recliner "Go take a seat, I'll go get what i need from my room, then you can retire to it if you wish."

He disappeared into his room, and Mystel could see someone in the room had a green thumb, as there were a great many plants in the dorm room.

Darrik sighed at Katrina's outburst. Well, damn, you've been infected, people, you're still stuck even if not. Who is the one dealing with this mess anyway? Then again, I shan't expect thanks, really. I'm just a warlock. Unlike most, he simply headed for a room corner and Shadow Stepped back to his room, scooping up his staff.

No privacy here, if the staff and student body were infected, someone had to keep things in line, and he knew it would be him and Rubi. Whoever really is behind this, I will find you and express my displeasure strongly. Then he Shadow Stepped out of the room, and back into the main hall.

Now where was Rubi?

Mystel looked fearful the entire time she was led through the school grounds full of infected beasts acting on pure animal instinct, the fear she had just was amplified by what was in her..."Im scared"...She kept whispering until they reached the dorm, which like all high end and even middle class schools was decorated attractively...The shapechanging girl kept her back to the door until she was pushed in letting out a squeak of surprise...

Mystel looked at the boy as she was then given the indication to make herself more at home and nodded..."Thanks...Kyo"...She said in a wavy voice like she was fading in and out, and sat down taking a breath in and letting the scent of fresh Sakura petals enthral her in the simple beauty that she admired nature for...

When the virus struck Haruhi had closed himself up in the boy's dorm curled up in the common area drawing up his force field of telekinetic energy...His face looked panicked and he was rocking back and forth in fetal position...he was deeply panicked, as he had always been when something so large would happen..."Why does this always have to happen?"...The psychic whispered as his canine scraped across his tongue, drawing blood so he could taste himself and calm down...

He looked toward the window where the trees blowing in the wind seemed to take his mind off of the uncomfertable situation allowing him to relax now, going flaccid in body tensity...

The source of the sakura petal odor made itself known from the direction of the other bedroom, Yuuki's green-glowing eyes illuminating her face as she emerged from her darkened room, green locks framing her face as the odor became more pronounced. Her expression was tense and focused, an almost feverish flush to her cheeks, muttering.

"...Can't Mask. That means I'm showing symptoms from being exposed in the class room. Disease so fast, latency in minutes which means... Tree, they have my tree. Need it back. Need to go home and protect it from them, all the others who'll hurt me. Need to..," she blinked and looked at Mystel, eyes narrowing to a laserlike focus, twitching her head once, "Unchanged. Immune? Investigate as possible cure along with Kyohei-Kun. Get cured. Get home. Get Tree and never ever..."

The young Dryad twitched again, forcing a smile that did not reach her eyes, "Sorry. Sorry. Yes. Tea. I'll make it. Think better on tea. Need to think. What's your name?"

Mystel covered her nose as the smell of sweet cheery became sickening and then looked up seeing Yuki come out of her room, giving off an unpleasnt sense of herself...When she saw the other girl focus on her with her equally emerald eyes, she was unerved, it wasnt until the head had twitched that her body jumped backward...

"Whats wrong with her?"...She asked not understanding how a simple disease could affect people's minds but then again, she could hardly understand anything when her mind too was clouded thanks to the virus, the overwhelming fear caused her to think the worse..."Im Mystel"...She whispered looking at the shorter but still more intimidting girl...

Rubi for her part was sitting at her desk, and sighed. "Not in that one either." She had three stacks of books on mystical diseases, all the stacks over six feet tall, as she searched through them, looking to see if she could identify the virus that had stricken the school. The lower grades were a writeoff. everyone under age 7 was infected, and it was only due to extreme fortune in what several of the teachers were that they kept things together. Miss Nakano was one of the older faculty, which also for her people, made her one of the larger. A great coil of blue green scales coiled around the playgrounds, where the younger monsters were confined, Miss Nakano's eight foot long head and tail severing as slides for the kids. She was a Greater scaled wurm, a type of limbless subdragon. Reining in the younger flight capable children were Miss Akiga, and Mrs. Shio, Akiga was a Air elemental, able to move much faster, and with more skill and grace. Shio was every bit as useful, using her gifts to put the more unruly children to sleep, proving that a skilled Cockatrice could do more than paralyze and kill with its gaze.

Things were going to get out of hand, and any faculty with similar abilities to calm or put others to sleep were being pressed into service, where possible. Still, some had to be restrained themselves, as their baser natures were too dangerous.

This was only the tip of the iceberg, and soon those smart enough knew everyone would be infected. Thankfully, the Great Barrier went up and isolated the school.

For Haruhi, things were already becoming more instinctual, he could hear it from the thoughts of those he turned his attention too. Things were not getting better any time soon.

Kyohei emerged with a pillow, blanket and bag of clothing, and looked to Mystel. "Relax, we'll be fine here.."

Then Yuuki emerged. "Yuuki, you know who I am. I'm Kyohei. you spent Christmas and New Year's with my family and the girls." He moved between her and Mystel, as if protecting Mystel. "You can't go to your tree unless they clear it. You're infected, we all are."

"Nobody's gonna hurt anyone while I'm here, you know that. "I'll make the tea. "while I do, I want you to record everything. Just take a seat and calm down. Nobody's an enemy here. we're roommates."

Yuuki blinked, the act like a two light bulbs flickering off and on as she visibly processed what she was hearing, "Mystel-Kouhai. Check for disease. Confirm infection of... Tree. They have my tree. I... No! I can make the tea! It helps me think! I can fix this and go home if I could only think!"

She twitched, breathing ragged from her outburst, "I... No, I mean. I won't hurt anyone. Just need samples, supplies. When you have a fungus infesting a field, you take sample, samples, and test them for common issues, find the... Tree... source, isolate it and test and *test* and *Test* and *TEST* and..."

Another twitch, a deep, calming breath that failed to make her stop biting her lip, "...And find how to kill it dead, magically or biologically. I can fix this. I can. I... Just... Needmytreesobad! They stole it from me and tricked me into going so far far far *Away* from it! Help me think and I can fix this, Kyohei-Kun!"

The last was said with a shiver and a shake, covering her ears, visibly terrified and angry at the same time.

Mystel just looking at the sakura tree elmental could tell she wasnt right in the head at the moment, she didnt just need the craziness she was spouting from her mouthm, just absently talking to herself and arguing from her inner self trying to direct her into, what the shapechanger could guess was her ward that happened to be a tree...

"A-Are you alright?...Yuuki?"...She asked grimmacing and looing at the girl, assuming that was her name since Kyohei had reffered to her as it, or it could be just some kind of pet title, that she wasnt in on since they had only just met...Regardless she was conflicted with two instinctual obligations in her head...One to help others, and the other to help herself...Helping others at this point would cause her to abandon herself and viceversa, which didnt go well in Mystel's screwed up head...

Resak extracted himself from the desk, glancing down at his green fists. He had thoroughly enjoyed seeing Forbesi’s child strike down the sex-crazed succubus. Even a succubus should have better control than that idiot had displayed. For the first time, he was glad that the sexy demon had chosen the warlock as her plaything. Resak had courted her – casually – for a time and he hadn’t been pleased when she’d taken the warlock to her bed. Of course, Darrik had the advantage of being human, the succubae’s preferred prey. Now, it was looking like she was a liability, one that the Nibelung was just as glad not to have to manage.

“Time to head for my dorm, I guess.” He wasn’t happy about it; he preferred to be outside, singing or cracking someone’s head open playing the human game rugby. It was a delightfully violent game and had slightly raised Resak’s opinion of the powerless monkeys. If they could come up with something like this, then they were worthy of some consideration. Yellow-orange eyes glanced at Darrik. “I’m already infected. I could help corral infected students.” He flexed massive gray-green shoulders and there was little doubt that he could be of great help.

Haruhi had eventually come to accept that he couldn't hide from this virus forever, this only came about when he got a sick feeling in his stomach and his force field had then flickered until it was gone showing the virus although not affecting his mind yet, had already had done its work on his physical body and the link to his mind..."I...Don't....I don't want to d-die"...He whispered assuming the worst of the situation, like he almost always did when stressed out about something he couldn't control or stop with a simple blast of kinetic energy....

He then stumbled up and took a look at himself through the mirror and noticed his true form although hardly any different fromm his human guise had come through, his face was now completely white, his canine teeth were sharp like suppoused to be, and his former amber eyes were glowing red...Nothing big, it just looked like he was an overly decked out goth boy...He decided now would be a good time to leave this area and took off running out of the dorm and through the dorm like a rat looking for the cheese in the maze, he ran into a few dead ends which only worked more unnerving dread in her personality...He made it out of the dorms and through the mass of students that seemed to be shuffling in random directions as if they wereneeded somewhere when most of them were just as confused as he was...

Haruhi soon got to the main annex buildings and into the shadows where the doors were, it wasn't long until he was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even know where he was going, with tears blurring his vision, he then helt something hard hit his body and realized as his tears cleared and he was on the ground that he had run into Resak, who's large form was terrifying, leaving him completely speechless...

Kyohei moved in and grabbed Yuuki. "You cannot leave Yuuki, If you do you'll spread the infection. "Nobody tricked or stole anything from you." He pulled her into an embrace he hoped was reassuring. "It will be alright. It won't affect me. I'll keep the both of you safe." He nodded and held her until she calmed down. "Have some faith in me, In Darrik and Rubi. We'll figure this out. I'll get you some samples, and maybe some simple equipment, and books, and you can help research."

He looked back to Mystel and nodded. "Yuuki's people are seldom so far from their trees, and she's been away longer than most ever are. She is a Hina." That the Hina were among the rarest of dryads, and almost never seen outside the valley that was their sole dominion was impressive, andit explained alot about why she was acting like this.

Miss Sairenji looked at Resak, and nodded. "Promise me you won't harm any of them permanently, and I will provisionally sign off on such a plan Resak. It will help the faculty, as our resources are spread thin."

Darrik nodded as well. "As long as you don't get out of control as well. It's not like Jez will be the only one out of whack." He started walking off then. "I need to go find Rubi first. There's only so long we can keep any semblance of control here - this virus needs dealing with."

When he found her at her desk, pouring over her books, he knew great minds thought alike. "So, nothing identified yet?"

When Katrina arrived back at her dorm room, she opens the door and un-does the hidden velcro patch to allow herself to let her tails have a free exit on her skirt, she feels herself change, but also a alien feeling... it wasn't her... it was the instinct of the lion and cheetah in her... she was more feline...

"Damn... luckily i'm here alone, Nekomone-Sensei... wait... she would be confined here too and her absence from class would mean..."

She peered into the den and saw all of Shizuka curled up in her feline form, resting. "Oh god..." This wasn't some woman-tiger hybrid, but a honest to god juggernaut of a tiger! A Colossal Tiger!!! Her head alone seemed by her eyes four feet in size with a 12 foot body... could this be a Dire Tiger that Katrina remembered from her lessons with Shizuka?

Katrina's ears go back a little as more of her feline instincts come out. Shizuka was the dominant feline in the extended pride. In a way, Shizuka has been a mother to her more than her birth-mother ever was.... but now... how would this change?

Shizuka's crying though... comforted Katrina... there was still something human there.

"Nekomone-Sensei?"

After hearing the explanation of what the other girl's deal was she nodded before going up to Yuuki a kind smIle she wouldn't do otherwise..."Tell me about this tree?"...She asked obviousely wanting her to be distracted by thinking about the detail of the the plant, rather than just letting her mind wander irrationally like her own was teetering into...

If Mystel had her illusion art abilities she would conjure the image of it just to please her crazed thoughts obsessing over the connection she and it shared...

[envoy] 12:12 am: okay, time for a quick insanity check in mA.

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+5: 17

[envoy] 12:12 am: is that a crit?

[Joani] 12:12 am: I have no idea envoy

[Charta Domina] 12:12 am: yes

[Charta Domina] 12:13 am: witnessed btw

Kyohei's words touched something in the twitching, shaking Dryad and she stilled in his arms, face buried in his chest. "I'll hold you to that promise, Kyohei-Kun. Let my Tree die and I'll kill you too before I Wither," Yuuki muttered, sniffing before looking at the other girl with a focused clarity of purpose that had everything to do with the slow breaking of rock by tree roots. Mystel was analyzed, disected, and then judged not *entirely* devoid of use by those glowing eyes.

"I am the expression of my Tree's Soul, my purpose to protect and nurture it and the world as it protects and nurtures me. I remember it's every knot and bough, every root and leaf, the color of it's bark and the feel of the sap running up it's trunk and, and... Human word's aren't enough. Sorry. Sorry," she continued, begining to unravel again by inches, "I'm so scared. Anything could happen to my tree if I can't get home to protect it right away. And to do that I need to find a cure. Barrier will be too strong to shatter and too smart to bypass. Blood. Flesh. Bone marrow. From as many of the infected as you can collect it from. Microscope... I... I can write down a list of what I don't have here. I can fix this. I can fix this. Help me fix this."

The young Dryad buried her face in Kyohei's chest again, drawing the srength to not collapse entirely again from his body heat.

“Don’t worry about my self control.” Resak’s voice was full of confidence and he flexed his shoulders again, as if warming up for a rugby match. “I’ve been practicing that since I was eleven.” Miss Sairenji gave him a look, knowing full well he’d been at the school since he was ten. Resak gave her a grin that was charming despite the number of teeth it showed. He was about to reassure her more when someone hit him with a head of danderlion seeds, or so it felt to him.

Resak glanced down to see a small vampire, probably a freshman from his size, staring up at Resak in terror. With Miss Sairenji there, he didn’t growl, roar or do anything else that might further scare the boy. Instead, he said gruffly, “Get back to your dorm. There’s a quarantine, and if you go running around, you’ll infect more people.” Seeing how scared the kid was, he softened his gaze and his voice, somehow. “Go back to your dorm. You’ll be safer there.”

He glanced at Darrik, dismissing the small vampire. He started to coordinate with Darrik, only to have the warlock walk off while talking to him, and not giving him a chance to speak. Being Darrik’s roommate, Resak had long gotten used to his rudeness, but it certainly wasn’t helping in a crisis situation. Racial prejudice wasn’t the only reason Darrik wasn’t well liked. Snorting in annoyance, Resak turned to Miss Sairenji. “I’ll start a patrol of the grounds, round up students where I find them running lose and report any issues I can’t handle to a teacher.”

Haruhi looked up at the towering man, he was terrifying but then he realized when he was told there was a quarentine in effect meaning everyone had been infected and shook his head when he was then told he would be safe and shook his head..."No...Please...I d-don't want to be alone"...He whispered since he already wasn't trustworthy of his roomate and didn't know how he would be with this virus in affect...

He just didn't want to be alone with people he didn't trust, despite how Resak was obviousely larger and more powerful than himself he didn't know his tendencies despite how he seen him around, beliving him to at least be worth a chance since he belived being out in the open would allow him at least some escape route, unlike the encloused space of the dorm room...

Skye hesitated for a long moment, trying to decide what to do. Miss Nekomone had clearly left in a hurry. In the human world, a woman would go to great lengths to return a purse to another woman. With a thoughtful purse of her lips, Skye headed off for the faculty dorm.

It wasn’t the most pleasant of trips. The students were either running scared or where engaging in the fullness of their monster natures. Skye was starting to believe that if she didn’t get to her dorm and barricade herself in her room, she was going to have to draw her sword in her own defense. Still, she managed to avoid that as she made her way to Miss Nekomone’s room.

At the door, she politely knocked and waited. There was nowhere else the teacher would be, Skye was sure.

Katrina turned around to the door. "Oh my..." She spoke up, as she felt dread creep up her spine. "...c... Coming!"

Katrina answered, now fully in her guise as the girl-cheetah Nekojin that Skye saw before, still in uniform.

"S... Skye... fancy meeting you here. I've... not even changed out of my uniform yet... I'm figuring that might help my focus if I need it... Why... Why did you come?"

Please let it not be to see Nekomone-Sensei, please god...

Skye raised a golden eyebrow at Katrina’s words. She’d understood that the monsters were wearing ‘human suits’ but hadn’t understood until just now that the suits actually helped them control their monster sides. But seeing what she had seen combined with Kat’s words made that clear to her. God, what monsters they are.

She pulled the teacher’s purse out of her backpack. “I’m here to speak with Miss Nekomone. She left her purse in the faculty lounge and I … I need to talk to her about something private.” Skye crossed her arms, but left the purse clearly hanging from her hand. It was proof of her right to be here.

Rubi looked up at Darrik. "Sit down, and crack a book. Help me research. It's all we're going to be good for."

She scowled, her gaze not even lifting from her books. "We're alot more screwed than was first thought." She didn't go into further detail, and this was far worse a demeanor than she'd ever shown him.

------------------

Kyohei nodded. "You're not going to get bone marrow or blood Yuuki, not from anyone aside from us here, if Mystel consents. After what we went through in the fall, it just isn't going to happen. You won't get any bone marrow, as that's excruciating to harvest. Still, I'll help how I'm able."

--------------------------

"Go ahead Resak. Try not to harm anyone please." Miss Sairenji looked uncomfortable, and she was infected too.

-----------------------

Shizuka's sky-blue eyes opened, and she looked at Skye and Katrina. "Close the door." Once it was shut, she sighed. "Thank you Skye. I hate that you see me the first time like this." She noted the purse. "Just set it down please, i'll not be able to use it for some time I think, but it wouldn't be good for it to have been left too long."

Her tail was massive, over eight feet in length, if not even more, and she was curled up like a very large housecat. In fact it was the same way Kuro slept when she thought of it.

"There's something you'd like to talk to me about?"

Katrina nodded and sat down at the couch, deferring to her teacher. She felt unsure if she even took the right course of action with their very behavior and mental faculties compromised. At any time she could attack who she considered a ally and friend...

She straightened out the lapel of her uniform and simply tried to focus on her Japanese lessons.

Mind Check
Charta Domina *rolls* 2d6: 6+2+5: 13

[Charta Domina] 12:33 am: nailed it. Witness?

[Charta Domina] 12:33 am: Trying to focus on studies.

[Long6] 12:44 am: yes

Mystel looked confused hearing the reffrece to the marrow in the bones, it sounded disgusting...She then latched onto Kyohei again and went to whisper a question in his war..."Why does she want marrow and blood?"...She asked in a both curious and disgusted manner...She obviously didn't consent but still wanted to know due to her better nature that had a thirst for knowledge...

A pregnant pause ended by a low cackle that had very little to do with humor.

"Blood, flesh, and bone are the three most common places a disease will hide and do it's work in a creature, Mystel-Kouhai. If I can find it there, I can kill it... Cure it.. Get them to lower the barrier so I can go and protect my... tree..," she answered with a twitch, "Some of the students regenerate. A donation should be painless from them. I heal. I'll volunteer an arm first even, Kyohei-Kun. That's fair for the sake of my tree, right?"

She ended looking up into his eyes, pleading burning with a rich hint of anger as she repeated, "Right?!"

"Katrina, relax. You act like someone here's going to lash out and maul someone. That's not what this is. At least I don't think so. We're all intelligent enough to maintain control. Though I admit, I am hungry. It's part of why I don't use this form, My metabolism is so incredibly high."

----------------

"She wants the tissue samples to conduct medical research as to the nature and possible cures of the virus afflicting the school at the moment. Nonwithstanding we don't have the facilities here, we are in the Men's dorm, and You two cannot leave."

He speared Yuuki with a hard look. after last fall you're not getting those samples. If you go through with your plan, as much as it would pain me, I will never speak to you again, and have you removed as my roommate."

He sighed. "And Haruhana would berate you for being so foolish. Do you really want to disappoint your Elders, especially her like that? Honestly Yuuki, think. You're smarter than that, and even if you do heal, that's not something you should have to do yet. I'm going to go find Rubi, and the headmaster. If anyone will know how to get started with a cure, it's them."

He looked at her. "Your tree is in no danger. No one is in any real danger. Just go sit down, and try to calm yourself. We still have finals to study for." His tone carried far more authority than it ever had, and it was almost scary and intimidating for Mystel to watch and see, not knowing him. For Yuuki, it was as if the Head elder had spoken.

"He is, and so are we." She sighed "It just takes about an hour for us to lose access to our magic. I am already without mine."

She sighed. "We're going to have to muddle through this, and hope this isn't a permanent affliction, unless we find something about it in one of these tomes."

-------------------

In the Girls' dorm, The door to Aria and Delilah's room had been left ajar by the lust driven succubus, and one of the younger freshman girls, A polite young Faerie named Kaede fluttered at the door into the room. "Delilah, Aria...Are you in here?"

"Miss Sato asked me to come check on you."

Mystel was enthralled at hearing the other speak to Yuuki about how he would disown her as a roommate and friend, just the fact that he was able to mentally go against a powerful creature like her when she isn't in the right state of mind was just so impressive...She blushed and looked away feeling the electricity of the situation jolt through her making her shiver...

She then turned and looked at Kyohei..."You...Y-You would talk to her like that?"...She asked reffering his his sterness showing no fear for someone who viewed them both as sample carriers she could just jump on and force the flesh, blood, or marrow out of them to satisfy her need to procure an end to this disease and return to this tree of hers...

It was perhaps well that Delilah rarely slept in her own bedroom these days. When Kaede gently pushed the door farther ajar, what she saw was unsettling to say the least.

Webs. Thick and white, making cottony curtains draped from walls and the ceiling, all through the room. One could only dimly make out the outline of the beds underneath them, and in the backlighting from the window, a dark shape could be seen suspended near the ceiling in the back corner.

It wasn't a human shape though.

Aria's voice floated out through the webbing, soft and inviting.

"What was that?" she said. "It's hard to hear. Come in and speak a little louder."

Skye glanced at Katrina; the look was casual but the girl wasn’t. Miss Nekomone’s words had made Skye nervous. She wasn’t worried about her boyfriend’s sister jumping her, but Katrina. The other girl was acting like she was on a hair trigger and Skye didn’t want her to blow up.

“I think I’m immune to the epidemic.” Skye didn’t soften her statement with niceties before speaking; she just stated her belief. “Jezebel just infected my class, but unlike so many others, I don’t see any changes. I’m still me.” She looked uncomfortable as she added, “I thought someone should know.”

Archived