Level Up!

So I hit 4000 posts with my "main" account and to celebrate I am going to level the PCs up a bit after this combat is resolved to show you guys how levels work and give you a chance to play with a little more under your belt.

In order to show you guys how the system works I'm going to level you from lvl 1 to lvl 3.

Each level will allow you to add a new Ability Focus as well as adding a new attribute point. This is done on an even/odd basis with even levels allowing you to increase your classes primary abilities and foci, and odd levels allowing you to increase secondary abilities and foci.

Class primary abilities are:

• Mages: Cunning, Magic, Willpower
  • Rogues: Communication, Dexterity, Perception
  • Warrior: Constitution, Dexterity, Strength

Your abilities which are not primary are, by definition, secondary.

Hit Points and Magic Points also go up with each level. All characters add 1d6+Constitution Hit Points to their total each level. Mages also add 1d6+Magic Magic Points to their total.

All characters will be able to increase one Primary ability by 1 and one Secondary ability by 1. In addition players can add a new Ability Focus for a Primary Ability, and one for a Secondary Ability. Please refer to the Focus list on page 7 of the Quickstart Guide PDF.

There is one more step to take after this, but I will detail it more deeply tomorrow. In the mean time please make your rolls for hit points (and magic for the mage) for levels 2 and 3, and post them below along with your choices for which abilities you wish to increase and which foci you wish to gain.

Ryoma

stats and foci

Primary- Dexterity +1 Initiative

Secondary- Willpower+1 Self Discipline

HP

Long6 *rolls* 1d6: 5+3: 8

Long6 *rolls* 1d6: 6+3: 9

Adding focus Strength (Climbing)

upgrading two hander style to journeyman.

Shiral'ven:

Magic +1 (to 5) (Healing)

Communication +1 (to 2) (Animal Handling)

[Malachite] 7:19 am: Shiral'ven's HP:

Malachite *rolls* 1d6: 6+2: 8

Malachite *rolls* 1d6: 4+2: 6

New HP total: 38

[Malachite] 7:27 am: -Correct- MP rolls:

Malachite *rolls* 1d6: 1+5: 6

Malachite *rolls* 1d6: 6+5: 11

New MP total: 35

Spoke with Mala in chat and Shiral' is getting the following:

Level 2 - New Spell

Heroic Offense

Magic School: Creation

Spell Type: Enhancement

Mana Cost: 3 MP

Casting Time: Major Action

Target Number: 11

Test: None

Your touch fills one ally with magical might. Until the end of the encounter, the target gains a +1 bonus to

Strength.

This will improve Damage and in many cases Attack for the melee users.

Level 3 - New Talent

Chirurgy

Journeyman: You have the hands of a healer. When you use the heal action, your ally gets back an amount of Health equal to double the Dragon Die + Cunning.

Applying bandages now bestows double as much Health.

Nayobee gains the following:

Class Power - Stunt Bonus: You become more adept at finding the weak spots in your opponents’ armor. You can perform the Pierce Armor stunt for 1 SP instead of

the usual 2.

Talent - Archery:

Novice: Your aim is true. When you take the aim action while using a bow or crossbow, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll instead of the usual +1.

The Warriors will gain the following:

Level 2

New Ability Focus: You now gain one of the following ability focuses: Cunning (Military Lore), Dexterity (Riding), or Strength (Climbing).

Level 3

New Talent: You become a novice in a new talent or gain a degree in a talent you already have.

For simplicity's sake (and so you can see how things will work as you level) I will ask that the warriors choose one of their current Talents to increase to Journeyman Level rather than adding a new talent. I will also say that since you won't be able to get new armor it is not worth increasing Armor Training to Journeyman at this time.

Nayobee gains the following:

Class Power - Stunt Bonus: You become more adept at finding the weak spots in your opponents’ armor. You can perform the Pierce Armor stunt for 1 SP instead of

the usual 2.

Talent - Archery:

Novice: Your aim is true. When you take the aim action while using a bow or crossbow, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll instead of the usual +1.

Additionally I increased Dex +1 and Cunning +1 and here my lame HP-Roll which nets me +9 HP

My Foci picks are:

Nature Lore (Cunning), Tarps (Dexterity)

I messed up in the first go

[Joani] 2:52 pm: Hitpoints!!! arr 3x 1d6+2

Joani *rolls* 3d6: 4+1+3+6: 14

[Joani] 2:53 pm:

[jameson] 2:53 pm: no!

[Joani] 2:53 pm: wrong?

[jameson] 2:53 pm: Hit Points and Magic Points also go up with each level. All characters add 1d6+Constitution Hit Points to their total each level. Mages also add 1d6+Magic Magic Points to

their total.

[Joani] 2:54 pm: that's what I did

[jameson] 2:54 pm: no its not

[Joani] 2:54 pm: Constitution is 2 - hence 1d6+2 per level?

[Joani] 2:54 pm: I rolled 3d6+6

[jameson] 2:54 pm: and you leveled how many times?

[Joani] 2:55 pm: 3 times, haven't I?

[jameson] 2:55 pm: how do you figure?

[Joani] 2:56 pm: ah!

[Joani] 2:56 pm: 2 times - we are at lvl 3

[Joani] 2:56 pm: so ignore the last dice which was a 3 and subract 2

[Joani] 2:56 pm: makes 9 HP

I hope I did this right:

2nd Level

Primary Ability – Strength +1

Primary Focus – Heavy Blades +1; Strength (Climbing)

3rd Level

Secondary Ability – Perception +1

Secondary Focus – Tracking; Journeyman Weapon and Shield Style

Carver Soze *rolls* 1d6: 4+3: 7

Carver Soze *rolls* 1d6: 6+3: 9

[Carver Soze] 7:28 pm: Witny?

[Jordan] 7:28 pm: Heya Soze

[Jordan] 7:28 pm: Witness

Archived